HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Grab Bag August 2016

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Grab Bag August 2016 Empty
PostSubject: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 5:56 am

All stories, poems, lyrics and art, must be ElfQuest related (not necessarily the ElfQuest canon characters, we all know and love; but take place within the "ElfQuest" Universe). Stories/poems/lyrics must contain all elements, while art just needs to contain at least one:

dream
food
ocean (or Large Body of Water)
Confusion
red

View user profile
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 10:59 am

Just a bit of fun. More serious contribution will follow later.

Laughing Pike
Chot
brill
Two-Edge
Ember

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 7:45 am

And here it is. Though you shouldn't take the word serious too well... seriously.

The Big Chase

Where is it?
Now where can it be?

Maybe in the Vastdeep water?
Naaah…
that was just a dream.

The sky turns red,
I’m so confused:
WHERE IS MY FOOD?

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 8:00 am

Chot in hunger coma? Chot <- emoticon fits! XD

The sky turns read, ...?

View user profile
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 8:07 am

Davrille woke from a dream of the ocean.

She sat up slowly, the shrieks of gulls and the roar of the waves still in her mind. She blinked in confusion; there had been the briefest sight of Twillor and Nalkor and herself pulling in a boat, and the distinct sense of seeing through the viewpoint of another. That happened in dreams, but there was something more...

Davrille rose from the cushions and scooped up articles of clothing. What had Sharai said of Feyhr's latest concoction, that it could let partakers share dreams? She picked a path among the other slumbering party goers, blinking when she caught sight of her reflection in a mirror. Dark brown hair stuck up in all directions, and blue-green eyes with the whites nearly completely red stared back at her.

She shuddered. No more of that little experiment, if she'd always look like this after! She dressed hurriedly, stomach growling like a long-tooth. A stop at the small kitchen below this level of Tower Mountain for breakfast, and then her own quarters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 9:21 pm

I feel like I got a glimpse at old times ... when a tribe of Gliders dwellt in a mountain tower. And some of them were regular guests on the Scroll of Colors. Admittedly all I know are those names ...

I like your writing style, Davrille. You can draw pictueres with your words. It evokes pictures ... a comic drawn WP style  ...

Feyhr's latest concoction ... is this a variation of Winnowill's "dream theft"? Intriguing - this snippet  whets the appetite for more.

View user profile
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 5:59 pm

Freak wave! Shocked And amidst a furious water spirit! Impressive drawing, Yeee. I like your way to "color" your drawings in hues of black and white.

Definitely an ocean and "large body of water"! Let's see if there is more ...

There's the confusion of the whale hunters ... what the heck is happening?
Their nightmare when they realize what's happening.
The bloodstained red waters.
And now they are fish food.

Check. ^^ I can see ALL the elements in your drawing.

Edit:
And now I cannot see the drawing above anymore Sad
... Very Happy but now it's back in the post below!

Last edited by Embala on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 6:01 pm

oh thanx! But I had deleted the pic, because I saw, that the grabbag was for August 2016! I thought it was for 2019. But if it `s still ok, I can post it again here.
Yes, thei are are fish food, I didn`t thought of that, heheh. Razz

In a red bloodstained ocean on Abode, a crew of a whaling ship had a bad nightmare coming true...first it`s the boat, then the ship...rip!

Grab Bag August 2016 Mermay17
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 6:26 pm

Don't care about the dates, Yeee! Back when we were active with the grab bags there was a new one built every month. But there was never a restriction how long you can contribute. ^^

Use it for inspiration, Yeee - for new or old art. It will be welcomed and the grab-bags will live. Very Happy

View user profile
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grab Bag August 2016   Grab Bag August 2016 Empty

Back to top Go down

Grab Bag August 2016
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: