Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #18

Go down 
+20
Redhead Ember
manga
Josine
LurkingCat
jaRf
Wiseshaman
KR Wordgazer
Embala
Elwing
Lunakat
Multi-Facets
Miscellaneous
Zadzi
Outlier
sun girl
Prism
wingthing
Davrille
Shadowpath
namuhna
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

Final Quest #18 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Man, that would be a bit much if Windkin's the dad...but yeah, he does get around doesn't he Wink

Final Quest #18 - Page 4 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:52 am

Elves can dematerialize into thin air now? What purpose does that serve exactly? It made more sense when it was still called going out and just meant leaving your body temporarily.

I also kinda regret the way all palace-dwelling elves have powers now. Moonshades ultra long hair still looks weird AF and I like her better as a non-magic user.

Final Quest #18 - Page 4 ZL1JzY2
Previously known as Zinegirl
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:32 pm

I didn't hate this issue, but I did think the troll firstcomer thing was resolved too easily...

"Oh no, elves! Elves are bad!"
"Yes we did a bad. Sorry."
"Okay."

Also WTF to the whole dematerialising thing. And what was Moonshade thinking, freaking Strongbow out like that when he had actually decided to meet her halfway. It's like she doesn't know him at all.
Back to top Go down
Prism

Prism

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 2:23 pm

Moonshade's been drunk/brainwashed by the Palace. I prefer her shrewish self as opposed to what she became. Or what it did to the Sunfolk.
Back to top Go down
wingthing

wingthing

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Dare I dream this can FINALLY put an end to the Strongbow/Moonshade dance? I'm starting to think Moonshade really wants it all to be over, but can't be the one to end it herself, so she keeps throwing all she can to freak him out. Or maybe she's developed a taste for Strongbow tears. I've always found them deeeeelicious, after all. Twisted Evil

This dematerializing thing seems to be foreshadowing of... shudder... jinking. I don't think they're actually transporting, but separating their atoms into a diffuse cloud or something. So presumably they could travel in invisible form, but only as fast as they could manipulate the atom cloud (makes one wonder what would happen if a strong breeze started up at the wrong moment?)

But yeah, this latest power just adds to the lowering of any stakes. No doubt we'll see elves proto-jinking around the Djunsmen in the climatic battle or whatever, making the battle even more one-sided than usual.

Other observations: The Firster Troll seems... awfully large, even being fed to Jabba the Hutt standards. I expected him to be like... half the height he is, since those first trolls seemed to be the size of modern troll children.

Cutter continues to prolong the plot through jerky evasiveness. Skywise is so desperate for some love and validation and it would just take like... two panels of exposition for Cutter to set him straight. But no, once again it's all "I know you're hurting, but get over yourself! You're getting a great deal - I just won't explain why!"

And re the discussion upthread, I... I really can't decide which is more incestuous - Venka and Ekuar or Venka and Windkin? Your dad's father figure or your mom's stepson/ex baby daddy? Gross. Either way, I'd rather it was some random Go-Back. I'd REALLY rather it was the ghost of Zhantee, but... hmm... actually, that's no more outlandish than most of FQ.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 5:32 pm

Whatever happened to when Moonshade (I almost wrote Moonshine LOL) used to have a more squarish face? I loved how defined it was back then.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Moonshade looks fine.

I think the size of the troll is fine too. He's only large in relation to the Wolfriders. And they are the size of children. He seems a little shorter than them, if fatter-- which would make him small in comparison to full sized elves. I think the troll bit was nice.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 7:50 pm

The whole revelation about the first troll is rushed, but almost anything in FiQu is rushed (but then dragged, hum), so that's a given.

Ekuar hooking up with someone, especially someone as beautiful as Venka*, would be nice. Yes, it would be a bit weird, but we've seen worse. However, the bit about Teir and Dewshine worried about Windkin's behaviour could be a hint, that he wants to be a better dad to his new baby, therefore he's on these scouting missions.

Hey, I think Wendy took our critic and decided to not make the Sun Folk become pale Smile At least I read the comment "we will take the colours given to us by the sun to the Homestar" as this.

*We saw him with some elderly looking Go Back during the orgy and Minya (?) in KoTBW. Minya, BTW, aged terribly bad, have you seen her this issue?

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Miss Gillespie wrote:

Hey, I think Wendy took our critic and decided to not make the Sun Folk become pale Smile At least I read the comment "we will take the colours given to us by the sun to the Homestar" as this.

No, I think at least some of the Sun Folk decided to keep their skin tone, and resisted any change to it. Like Skywise and Leetah fought against growing taller. Why wouldn't they keep it?
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 12:52 am

Ok, I read it and thought it was ok, glad about the troll stuff being the ancient wrong. I just feel Cutter is being super annoying with not sharing any of what's happened with anyone - why all this weird secrecy? It just seems super deliberate and calculated. His weird zen expression is a little off-putting at times, maybe it's going to grow on me, dunno.
The Venka thing with her swearing to beat the daylight out of her dad in one issue and then it getting resolved immediately the next issue felt like a waste of time and like artificial suspense. There's a lot of that going around.
I like that the Strongbow/Monshade thing is finally getting out of deadlock (Sifra called it in her comic lmao) ... looks like Moonshade got all overexcited to share her new learning and kind of freaked out Strongbow. Easy, girl!

Sunstream's lavender spandex tights and see-through mesh shirt are really jarring for me every time he appears . I don't really know whats going on there with his wardrobe lol.

I do like that some Sunfolk are staying dark.
The whole Venka pregnancy thing is a bit out of nowhere but it's fine.
Don't know what to think about the whole jinking thing but it's fine.
A little curious where Dr. Dre is, the humming singing dude. Did he just take off again into the wilderness or something?
And the compost elves showing up and now what's up? I'm glad Savah reconnected with them. It would've been really need to see .... more of that, like more pages. I mean a lot of the buildups are just resolved within a page or unnecessarily dragged out without explanation... it would've been nice to see more about Savah and the rootless ones, a backstory shown with more detail etc. A story!
It was cool seeing the old obese troll high one, I feel pretty awful for him. I liked seeing his recollection and hearing his story. I hope Timmain gets off her precious gilded high one ass when he enters the palace, and actually apologizes herself and maybe reveals some compassion in addition to what Cutter's said.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 3:44 am

@Miss Gillespie wrote:

That's a really nice thought.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 7:34 am

Zadzi wrote:
Man, that would be a bit much if Windkin's the dad...but yeah, he does get around doesn't he Wink

I really hope Windkin isn't the dad. I know the elves don't care about those things, but man that would make for a tangled family tree! Teir would be both brother and uncle to the kid. However, there doesn't seem to have been any hints at a relationship between them.
Personally I suspect Mirff. Or... maybe Venka doesn't even know herself who the dad is, wouldn't exactly be an unknown concept to the Go-Backs.
Anyway, I felt exactly like Rayek did when he found out...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:08 am

Yeah-- wasn't Winkdin getting it on with Aroree?

I'm sure it's a Go Back

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 am

It is nice to see a bit of what Moonshade was doing in the palace all that time. Too bad she freaked out Strongbow. I liked that scene. Very Happy
I liked the old troll and his storyline. I don't think it would have been better if they had made that storyline longer. I think it's fine the way it is.
Cutter still scares me with that look he has on his face, but I like that he chose to stay behind and do his own thing.
I hope Windkin is not the father of Venka's baby. I can't imagine him setteling down. But I don't recall him being with Venka.
Ahdri was sweet when she stuck up for Two-Edge. It would be nice to see Two-Edge bonding in some way with someone.

Final Quest #18 - Page 4 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 9:57 pm

I'm kind of peeved because I'm having a problem purchasing the issue from Dark Horse, made even worse by the fact I'm not exactly excited to buy it. It’s only the kind of half-hearted curiosity normally reserved for school reunions that keeps me coming back. It also ends up being much more exciting reading people's comments than it is reading the actual issue. Hardly seems worth having to go through extra hoops to make them take my money for an experience that leaves me feeling disappointed and slightly taken advantage of.

Final Quest #18 - Page 4 12010412
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Regarding the Firster's size, when Timmain saw Picknose back in book four, she asked if the changes were due to the High Ones' magic or to the troll's own efforts. Previously I had assumed she meant evolution but perhaps they have some shape-changing skill of their own?

On to Venka: maybe the spirit of Ember's supposed-to-be child said "drukk that, I ain't waiting for her to change her mind - I'll find someone else!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 3:17 am

I had this thought today that would be hilarious if Jink was literally like jink-ing from womb to womb. They all think they're preggers one sec and then it's like, Ummm wait, I'm not.

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 3:49 am

Sifra wrote:
It is nice  to see a bit of what Moonshade was doing in the palace all that time. Too bad she freaked out Strongbow. I liked that scene. Very Happy

Emotional as that scene was, Strongbow's facial expression was actually kinda funny...

Now, about the whole being spirits of fire thing, and this is somewhat silly.
Savah says that it's a matter of the elves adjusting the hum of not only their bodies but also the clothes they wear. Well... during the practice someone might have not quite gotten the bit about adjusting the hum of their clothes down.

manga wrote:
On to Venka: maybe the spirit of Ember's supposed-to-be child said "drukk that, I ain't waiting for her to change her mind - I'll find someone else!"

Or maybe Venka simply had a bit of fun.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 7:59 am

For the record, I appreciated the apology. Thanks, Wendy Pini.

Last edited by Lunakat on Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnbYyTlz1Tw
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 9:42 am

This issue was on the stronger side (at least for FiQu standards).

Hm, kids in EQ don't tend to have 'mystery dads', so I don't think Venka's one will have one; even though it would make more sense.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 11:48 am

It would sort of serve Rayek right if she went full Go Back though-- and he was all "who is the dad?" And she was like "Who knows? Who cares!"

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 12:08 pm

That's true, guess we'll have to wait two months Razz

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 4:14 pm

It would blow his egotistical mind.

Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2017 7:56 pm

I haven't seen the issue proper yet-- probably will in a day or two. (TFAW uses DHL, whose tracking system is sketchy even on a good day.) In the meantime I've made a meal of that preview and, most especially, these delicious spoilers Very Happy

So out of nowhere, Venka's suddenly up the duff? .....Okay. Shocked I'm voting for the father being Mirff (or Murff, or however it's spelled), since he appeared out of nowhere only to now be somewhat significantly copy-pasted into scenes.

Had a feeling the ancient hurt had to do with how the pre-accident Trolls had been treated... and am not surprised that the resolution of it apparently didn't go anywhere. I would happily exchange 99% of the overblown "Whatever will happen next??!!!" and at-least-one-character-goes-*gasp*-per-issue business for a story line to have some actual meat to it. Remember when EQ's essence was more storytelling than county-fair funhouse?
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2017 11:17 am

I think Venka's baby-daddy has got to be Two-Edge. Why else have Cutter bringing up how elves and trolls are not that different just a few panels before.

I think it's going to be related to what ever Winnowill saw in the egg and why she seduced Smelt in the first place. It's also going to be the cause of her melt-down that ends up with Rayek left behind when they finally do something with the palace.

Reminded me of an exchange I had with Richard way back when.

jeb wrote:

RichardPini wrote:
Very technically and narrowly, yes, if Timmain could shape-shift down to the genetic level such that beings born of two entirely different worlds could successfully breed, then using the "If it's not impossible it's mandatory" notion, this could happen all the time.

So the fine point you're putting on it is that Timmain and the wolf were from different worlds, which makes it unique, because we do see a cross-species hybrid in Two-Edge, but both Winnowill and her troll (Smelt?) were originating from the homeworld, so it's a different thing.

Just gathering wool here, but does that mean elf/troll hybrids are possible, just not common because of mutual dislike? I always thought Two-Edge was only possible because of Winnowill's strong healing power. But I guess if Mender and Trinket decided they wanted to start a family, they could? Wait! Duh, Mender, healer! So Sust and Trinket, they could have offspring without a healer because being from the same planet makes it possible?

Final Quest #18 - Page 4 12010412
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #18   Final Quest #18 - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #18
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next