Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #19

Go down 
+21
Josine
Evil Evie
namuhna
Multi-Facets
jaRf
manga
Miss Gillespie
Shadowpath
Prism
Stargazer
Wisp
Bluetree
Redhead Ember
Zadzi
Sifra
Embala
Lunakat
LurkingCat
Miscellaneous
Outlier
howler monkey
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

Final Quest #19 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 3:52 am

The preview is out:
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/28-260/ElfQuest-The-Final-Quest-19#prettyPhoto

The art is kinda good, at least at a quick glance.

Considering the ancient one of the trolls, do you think there is still some evil troll king?
I still can't bother to care for the Wavedancer.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 8:55 am

Yeah-- I'm liking the art too. Geez-- Skywise's thoughts are so sad.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 8:57 am

I think Skywise deserves a new name. Redlance got one for spearing a cat. Skywise mastered the Palace and learned to fly-- that's got to worth at least as much. What I really want is for Cutter to change his name from Skywise to Skywalker... Just for a tie in. May the force be with them.

You know, on second thought... sad as it is, it might just be time that Skywise grew up and learned to leave home.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Seems like Cutter is actually retiring.Actually, he and Skywise are both retiring from their old personas; Cutter as chief and Skywise as Cutter's shadow.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 2:10 pm

That may be better for both of them.

Lunakat wrote:
I think Skywise deserves a new name. Redlance got one for spearing a cat. Skywise mastered the Palace and learned to fly-- that's got to worth at least as much. What I really want is for Cutter to change his name from Skywise to Skywalker... Just for a tie in. May the force be with them.
Laughing

I wonder if Chot will turn up again in this issue?

Final Quest #19 - Page 2 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 3:10 pm

I like the art Smile - there's movement and liveliness in it. And the colors are ... colors! ^^And a background which invites for discovery.

Starwalker ... Laughing Why not a change for Skywise? Tho - I still think he will die.

Actually I wonder most about the true date of release. Both the Pini's and Dark Horse should know well - but they obviously disagree on this point.

Final Quest #19 - Page 2 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 6:21 pm

Embala wrote:

Actually I wonder most about the true date of release. Both the Pini's and Dark horse should know well - but they obviously disagree on this point.

Ohmagaww  affraid When the murmurs of a possible later release went out, I (not literally) screamed "That's IT-- I QUIT!" Then eventually calmed down enough to grumblingly accept enduring the highly-plastic timeframe for the last handful of issues, in the name of closure. For now.

FQ has entailed way too much unnecessary drama, both within the book and outside of it. The lack of agreement on the upcoming release date is just one example. Everyone concerned has been in this business for a while-- this should not be a difficult task!

As it is, we wait two months for each new installment of copy-pasted goodness (don't worry Lunakat, I remember your explanation  Wink  ). When a further delay is for a solid reason--such as Elfmom's health issues-- I am sympathetic and will suck it up. If it's for obscure or cutesy-fruitsy reasons, I will yell and curse.

If it truly is being withheld and it's because they want the last issue to fall on EQ's milestone birthday, that falls under the "yelling and cursing" category. What, they can't whip out a smaller special issue or summat for the occasion? Give me a humongous fucking break! Also, in that scenario, Elfmom and Co. would have exactly ZERO wiggle-room going forward for fielding curveballs (either real or contrived-- and apparently inevitable) in order to nail that all-important Holy Grail of a deadline/milestone. So if it really is about that, Warp et. al., congratulations! You paint-tooled yourselves into a nice tight little corner, and you will have no room to moan about any repercussions from that until the last FQ is printed and distributed. By then, I for one will be quite thoroughly out of give-a-damns anyway.

Last edited by Bluetree on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 6:55 pm

Lol-- there's a lot less copy paste happening lately. And it shows in higher quality visual storytelling. I think maybe giving Sonny the leeway to do the color freed Wendy up to draw more. Doing the drawings, inking, color and lettering sounds incredibly exhausting. Usually, that's three or four people. I hope either Richard or Dark Horse are doing the lettering as well.

Yeah- I don't mind that the issue is being delayed. I mean-- sure, schedules change and whatnot. If it were me, I'd probably choose to leave myself the "wiggle room", as Bluetree put it, toward the end... just in case. But you know... we can't see behind the scenes. Maybe Wendy is tired or overworked. Maybe the next issue is taking longer than expected and she needs this adjustment to get back on track. Maybe they just realized that there was the potential line up with the anniversary and got excited about it! I'm cool with it.

Though, I'll be on my honeymoon (maybe)-- so I may miss reading it till I get back. Priorities.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:07 pm

There were some very legitimate issues with the art and coloring in earlier issues. I think it could have had a lot to do with inexperience-- Wendy not realizing, maybe, how obvious it was to cut and past body parts or what shrinking and enlarging did to line quality or using Photoshop's preprogrammed "nature" brushes (like the leaf or grass brush)-- and Sonny... not having a strong understanding of how to use value and saturation. It all seems to be worked out now. The last issue was pretty strong, art-wise. I had no problem with the coloring-- I even liked it. It seems to be working here really well too. And Wendy is back to her old school standards of dynamic poses and natural-looking action and lots of emotion in facial expressions. The writing seems solid. I'm down for the rest of this ride. I hope it stays this good. Elfquest should exit on a strong and lovely note.

Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 pm

That's true, the copy-pasting is less; there didn't seem to be much in 19's preview, which is a little more reminiscent of the EQ I know and love. But yeah, I'd rather have a little extra time and not need it than vice-versa, especially since unanticipated stuff and/or complications tend to crop up fairly reliably.

Haven't said it yet, Lunakat-- congratulations! bounce  I hope the planning and wedding all go well, and are just the first of many beautiful memories you create with your lifemate. Dewshine
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you so much!! cheers

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 7:31 pm

The whole thing just feels so freakin' defanged.

Final Quest #19 - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Zadzi wrote:

I know... i used to be such a freewheeling girl... traveling around the world, living by my own rules....answering to no one! And now, hitched to the ol ball and chain! Baby on the way... kicking it in the kitchen. Ah, life.

(Just kidding)

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 10:52 am

I would like to see something like that in EQ. When Leetah recognised Cutter, she was said to be afraid of loosing her freedom; but she never came of as that freedom-loving (disclaimer: never read the novels). It would've been nice to see that choices can have negative consequences, even for the heroes. Elves seem to be always at peace...

@Luna: that wasn't directed at you Smile

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 1:17 pm

I know- I was just kidding Wink

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Cutter: I'm chief-of-chiefs, and I decide... you're in charge now!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2017 4:09 pm

I also like how the party is for Skywise (presumably)- but it's all about Cutter.

LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 7:15 am

At Dark Horse the release date is now "April 26, 2017", too. So I guess that is official now.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 20, 2017 4:38 pm

About time! XD

Final Quest #19 - Page 2 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Bluetree

Bluetree

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 3:15 am

Zadzi wrote:

Lol, I so hear ya, lady!

LurkingCat wrote:
At Dark Horse the release date is now "April 26, 2017", too. So I guess that is official now.

Guess it's time to give the ol' swear muscles a workout, then!

Seriously, though. I am so ready for this trainwreck of a project to be done, once and for friggin' all. Still not sure I'll stick around for the actual end; there hasn't been much aside from (misguided) loyalty as motivation.

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Hey y'all-- so it's out tomorrow after all.

Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 3:54 am

Wow this is not confusing at all. Razz

Final Quest #19 - Page 2 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 4:43 am

Yeah... Here is the message:
http://elfquest.com/final-quest-issue-19-release-date-update/ wrote:
From Dark Horse: “Final Quest #19 is in fact coming out tomorrow 3/29/17. This is a failure on our side to make sure that the new schedule was in place with everyone here at Dark Horse with enough time to pull it from the pipeline. We thought that this was handled by our scheduling, print and production team. … So EQFQ #19 is out tomorrow (March 28, 2017). What this means for the rest of the schedule doesn’t change. EQFQ #20 will arrive June 28th. So the three month gap will arrive between #19 and #20. The rest of the schedule is in place for #20-24 to lead us to the final Feb. 28th 2018 release for #24. But the 3 month gap we had hoped to come between #18 and #19 will come between #19 and #20.”

There you have it. I’m sure there will be the usual scrambling to download the digital version, as well as the usual observance of spoiler rules for those who are waiting for the print edition. The lesson in all this? Once in a while, the Palace blows up, and then behind the scenes we work our butts off to put it back together. All is well now.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 4:57 am

I guess that lets Wendy get ahead in the pipeline

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2017 1:11 pm

Can confirm. I just talked with the company that I use to send a copy to my friend in the US as well as my local comic shop and they both have it.

I will have it as soon as I can feed the baby and myself and get in the car.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #19   Final Quest #19 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #19
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next