Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The food network

Go down 
+12
IceTooth
PCoquelin
jabberwookie
Evil Evie
Startear
Lunakat
G0lden
Zadzi
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Embala
Nibblet
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

The food network Empty
PostSubject: The food network   The food network EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:04 pm

It was mentioned in the chat box last night about sharing recipes, so here it is! Share what you like

Here's my first one

Nibby's Pumpkin Soup

makes approximately 1 gallon (about 10 servings but it freezes well)

1 small pumpkin - cut in half and de-seeded
1 butternut squash - cut in half and de-seeded
2 carrots - peeled and cut into chunks
1 red onion - sliced
2 cloves garlic - smooshed to oblivion
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
about a pint-ish of chicken stock
half a teaspoon of grated nutmeg
about a tablespoon of frozen chopped basil
about a tablespoon of grated parmesan
100ml single cream
Salt and pepper to taste
---------------

put the pumpkin and butternut squash cut side down on a baking tray and brush the skin with oil, roast in a medium oven for about an hour. When the skin is looking crispy, take them out and peel the skin off. Watch out for the juice explosion from underneath! Break the flesh up into rough chunks and set aside

Next in a large pan, put a sploosh of oil and gently fry the onions and garlic until soft, then chuck in the pumpkin, squash, carrot, tomatoes and enough stock to cover it, bring to the boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer for about an hour and remove from the heat. Add in the rest of the ingredients and whizz until smooth.

That's it!

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 3:11 pm

Tasty for sure *mjam*

Lunakat

Lunakat

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Say- what if you have a can of pureed pumpkin- not an actual pumpkin. Can you use that instead? This sounds delish!

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 6:12 pm

I have no idea what puréed pumpkin is like, we don't have it over here. I suppose it would be ok if it hasn't been sweetened? Or you could substitute with any other hard squash type vegetable, not a sloppy marrow. Tried that once, it wasn't pretty. But yeah, if you can't get hold of one thing or don't like an ingredient, change it for something similar that you do have/like.

It's also good with a good dose of paprika or Korean hot pepper paste. I like a bit of a kick with my food, but Steffi doesn't so I leave it out.

And out of curiosity, I decided to see if I could get puréed pumpkin here. Only on Amazon and £4.39 ($7.28) a can. Sod that!!

Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 10:05 pm

@ Luna: This is a puréed soup in which your can of pumpkin might fit in nicely.  Just cut the onions and garlic very finely and leave out the carrots if you do not have a hand-held blender.

Pumpkin Soup Madras (Vegan)

Very Asian-tasting, easy to make puréed soup, perfect for beginners.  

Cooking time: about 30 min

Ingredients:

1 medium-sized Hokkaidô-pumpkin (about 2 pounds)
250 to 500 g carrots, depending on how carroty you like it
1 handful of bulb celery
1 handful of leek (only the white bits)
2 onions
3 to 6 cloves of garlic (depending on taste)
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 to 6 teaspoons of granulated vegetable broth
3 to 6 teaspoons of curry powder (preferably Madras)
2 teaspoons of paprica powder
1 to 2 teaspoons of tandoori powder
sugar to taste
freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:

1. Cut the pumpkin open and scoop out seeds and softer insides with a spoon, we won't need that stuff.
2. Cut pumpkin flesh into smaller chunks and peel it using a sharp knife.  A swivel-blade peeler works fine on the smoother areas.
3. Peel carrots, celery and leek and cut into smaller pieces.
4. Peel and dice onions and garlic.  Large dice will do, everything's going to get puréed anyway.
5. Put oil into large pot and sweat onions and garlic.
6. Add other vegetables.
7. Fill up with hot water until vegetables are covered, boil for 20 min.
8. Add broth granulate and spices and stir well.
9. When vegetables are soft, purée with a hand-held blender until smooth.  If too thick, add more water and vegetable broth granulate.  Season to your taste - I use loads of Madras curry powder, but garam masala, ground cumin seeds, nutmeg and other spices will work just fine.

To appease meat-eaters, cut up some sausages (Wieners, Frankfurters or such) and add to hot soup.

Leftovers freeze well and can be stored for years (but they usually won't get that old).

Last edited by Stormcatcher on Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 am

Here's an egg dish I make a couple of times a year.  Some of the ingredients can be bought ahead of time and frozen for later use.

1 bag frozen hash browns (shredded of diced, you'll use a little more than half the bag.)
1 box puff pastry (2 per box)
2 pkgs of 14 count pork sausage.
11-16 eggs  (depends on the size of the baking dish you are using)
swiss cheese ( or any other cheeses you want to use)
1 to 1 1/2 cups milk.
1 tblsp water

optional additions

green and red pepper - finely diced
onion - also finely diced.

The easiest way to make this is to start the night before by frying up the sausage links and cut into thirds.  Store in container overnight. Leave the grease in the pan from the sausages for use the next day.

shred the cheese you are going to use, store overnight.

dice peppers and onion, store overnight as well.

Next day heat up pan and hash browns and pepper and onions together and lightly brown. Once cooked placed in a 9 x 10 or 10 x 13 baking dish with either no stick spray or a little bit of butter.

Place pre-cooked sausage and shredded cheese on top of hash  browns.

Now here comes the fun part.

If using 9 x 10 baking dish.  Mix 1 cup milk with 10 eggs, mix well and pour over hash brown, sausage and cheese.

if using 10 x 13 baking dish.  Mix 1 1/2 cups of milk with 15 eggs, mix well and pour over mixture.

Take one sheet of the puff pastry, a little bit of flour on a flat surface and with a rolling pin; carefully roll the dough out to make it fit the size of the dish you are using.

Cut slots into the puff pastry once you got it on top of your mixture.  Take remaining egg and add 1 tblsp of water and mix together.  Brush mixture over the puff pastry.

Place in pre-heated oven at 400 degrees and baked for about 40 mins or until the pastry is golden brown.

This dish is great morning, noon, and night.

And yes I have to use the 10 x  13 baking dish.  I have one with a very hearty appetite in my home.

Last edited by G0lden on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 7:23 pm

And for Kin, because I promised ages ago on Facebook

Nibby's chickens, spinach and coconut curry.

Makes enough for 4 people, also freezes well.

2-3 chicken breasts, cut into big-ish chunks.
about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 medium sized red onion, roughly chopped
1 bag of baby spinach, washed
2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
about 2 teaspoons of garam masala
1 block of creamed coconut, chopped up into little bits so it melts quicker This stuff
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
water
Basmati rice

------------------------

heat the oil in a large pan and brown the chicken, not so its cooked all the way through, just enough to seal the outside.

Chuck in the onion and garlic and fry until the onions have softened

add the tomatoes and enough water to cover the ingredients and throw in the garam masala, bring it to the boil and then turn down the heat until its just simmering. Then throw in the coconut. Stir it all together, put a lid on the pot and leave it cooking slowly for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

Turn the heat off and then throw in the spinach, put the lid back on the pan and wait for it all to wilt down. Stir it all together and serve with cooked basmati rice.

Easy!

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 11:13 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!

You ladies are SO awesome!! I can't wait to try these!!

I'll get mine up in the next few days!!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:47 am

Quick and easy dish.

Johnsonville sausages 2 per pkg, so one sausage per person.
1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables  (I use a small bag, but you can get a larger bag if you wish)
green and red peppers - finely diced
onion - finely diced
noodles.  Doesn't matter which kind elbow, penne, rotini; whatever you want to use.
a couple of jars of alfredo sauce or roasted garlic sauce

Split sausages in lengthwise in half and dice - set aside.

In a deep frying pan on a low heat with a bit of butter - lightly fry peppers and onion a little bit and then toss in frozen vegetables.

Start your noodles.  The amount of noodles depends on whether you want more veggies with noodles or visa versa.  (I usually use 1 10-12 ounce box.)

Add the sausage to the vegetables, peppers and onion. Cook until sausage is lightly browned.

Drain you cooked noodles and then add to the vegetable and sausage mixture.

Add your sauce.  (I use 2 jars when I make this dish.  I like a little moisture with my noodles.)

Continue to cook until evenly heated and serve.

There is no right or wrong way to make this dish.  Just have fun with it.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 pm

Now that Autumn is here, it is the perfect time of year for casseroles and other warm and yummy foods.

Here is a recipe I just did on Saturday and it is good.

BBQ Chicken Cornbread Skillet

Total Time: 0:50
Prep: 0:10
Cook: 0:40
Level: Easy
Serves: 6

Ingredients

1 box JIFFY corn muffin mix
1/2 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 c. corn kernels (frozen, canned, or fresh)
1 red onion, chopped
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 c. rotisserie chicken, shredded
1 1/3 c. BBQ sauce, divided
Juice of 1 lime
1 c. Cheddar, shredded
1 c. gouda, shredded
1/4 c. chopped scallions

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Prepare cornbread base: In a medium bowl, mix together corn muffin mix, sour cream, butter, egg, and corn. Pour into a large cast iron skillet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Let cool slightly in pan.

Meanwhile, make your barbecue filling. Sauté onions over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper and cook until soft. Add the chicken and stir to break up meat. Stir in a cup of BBQ sauce and the lime juice. Season to taste and sauté until warmed through.

Poke entire surface of cornbread with a fork. Pour barbecue sauce over the cornbread. Add the meat mixture and top with shredded cheese. Cover with foil and bake until the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Remove foil and broil until cheese begins to brown, about 5 minutes.

Top with scallions

Now I didn't add the lime or the scallions, was just fine without.

Zadzi

Zadzi

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Yum! I'll post some recipes later. These recipes posted look amazing, can't wait to try them!

The food network Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 11:53 pm

We got some great cooks here, Zadzi. Enjoy.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 12:37 am

Another really easy and good dish.

Easy Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Prep time
20 mins
Cook time
45 mins
Total time
1 hour 5 mins

Ingredients
1 14 oz jar or can Enchilada sauce
2 to 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
6 corn tortillas, 6 inch each
2 chicken breasts

Instructions
Cut each chicken breast in about 3 pieces, so that it cooks faster and put it in a small pot. Pour Enchilada sauce over it and cook covered on low to medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. No water is needed, the chicken will cook in the Enchilada sauce. Make sure you stir occasionally so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
Remove chicken from the pot and shred with two forks.
Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
Start layering the casserole. Start with about ¼ cup of the leftover Enchilada sauce over the bottom of a baking dish. I used a longer baking dish, so that I can put 2 corn tortillas across. Place 2 tortillas on the bottom, top with ⅓ of the chicken and ⅓ of the remaining sauce. Sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese and repeat starting with 2 more tortillas, then chicken, sauce, cheese. Repeat with last layer with the remaining ingredients, tortillas, chicken, sauce and cheese.
Bake for 20 to 30 minutes uncovered, until bubbly and cheese has melted and started to brown on top.
Serve warm.

Zadzi

Zadzi

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 1:16 am

RIGHT ON, GUYS. THIS IS AWESOME~. I love me some enchilada casserole!

I want to post recipes but I cook all the time and hate doing measurements lol. I will try though because a lot of my recipes are based from family history and I'm all about sharing that.
I recently learned to demystify my mother's stuffed grape leaves...hers were the most amazing ones you could get, tender and stuffed with soft rice and beef, layered with lamb which falls apart in your mouth, and served with a side of cool, garlicky yogurt sauce. . You have no idea how many years it's taken me to get this dish right lol. But when I finally got it right... I felt like I was a grown woman.
Now that my mother is older, I make food for her when I visit, and it's same food that she used to make for me and still craves, but has forgotten how to make, due to dimensia.

The food network Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 8:08 pm

Sounds good Zadzi

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyTue Mar 21, 2017 10:41 pm

5-Ingredient Quickie Quiche Lorraine

Ingredients
1 disk or roll prepared pie dough
4 ounce Gruyere or Swiss cheese, grated
4 to 5 strips bacon, cut into pieces
4 eggs
1 cup milk
PANTRY STAPLES: Salt and freshly ground pepper
Instructions
Preheat the oven to 450˚F. Roll out or unroll your pie dough and ease into a 9-inch pie plate; crimp the edges. Line with parchment paper and fill with pie weights; bake 10 minutes. Remove the parchment and weights. Return to the oven until bottom is golden, 5 to 6 more minutes. Sprinkle bottom with half of the shredded cheese; return to oven 2 minutes or until melted. Let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes.
Whisk the eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and a pinch of salt in a bowl until combined and smooth.
Pour custard into the prepared crust. Top with the bacon and remaining cheese. Cover the crust with aluminum foil to prevent further browning, if desired. Place on a rimmed baking sheet to prevent spills! Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until custard just sets. Let cool before slicing and serving!

The only thing I can add to this dish it this. You can easily add some fresh green or red pepper, or any other vegetables you want to add.

Also once you add you mixture into you cooked pie crust, bake uncovered so the egg mixture will cook properly..

Lunakat

Lunakat

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyWed Mar 22, 2017 12:22 am

I'm going to make this quiche tonight!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyWed Apr 19, 2017 9:26 pm

Cauliflower Breakfast Muffins

Total Time: 0:45
Level: Easy
Serves: 12
Ingredients
1 large cauliflower (or about 3 cups riced cauliflower)
6 oz. diced ham
1/2 c. baby spinach
1/2 c. finely chopped onion
5 Eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. shredded Cheddar
kosher salt
Pinch cayenne pepper
Freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a box grater or in a food processor, grate cauliflower and transfer to a large bowl. Place cauliflower in paper towels or cheesecloth and wring out any excess water.
Add eggs, cheddar cheese, garlic powder and whisk until combined. Fold in cheddar cheese, ham, spinach and onion. Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray, then fill each one about two-thirds full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until lightly golden.

Note: I know the recipe says to fill each one by 2/3's. These things don't expand, so just fill them up and cook for a little longer if needs be.

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 3:51 pm

All of these sound great! I might knock out the pumpkin soup next fall season for the players in my DnD group. We have one in particular who eats like a horse.

In the meantime, how about my favorite curry? Keep in mind, I mostly only cook for myself, so this is perfect for one or two.

Chickpea and Peach Curry

1/2 onion
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 fresh chili (or a pinch of dried bird eye)
1 peach
1-2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
150 g canned chickpeas
1/2 tin of crushed tomatoes
1 dl vegetable stock (Optional)
Cilantro

1. Chop the onion, fresh chili (if using) and garlic finely.
2. Roughly chop the peach
3. Heat a pot with oil. Add the cumin and coriander seeds, toasting the spices.
4. Add the garlic, chili (if using fresh) and onion. Cook until the onion is soft.
5. Add the peach, the chickpeas and the tomatoes.
6. Cook for about 10-20 minutes. If it's getting dry, add the stock. If you're using the dried chili then this is the perfect time.

Season with salt and serve over rice and add cilantro!

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyFri Apr 28, 2017 11:06 pm

@G0lden

I made the quiche finally, very good! I think is the first time I've prebaked the crust, but I enjoyed the results (more flakey this way). I used a smoked Swiss and threw a quarter of an onion in because it was in the fridge. Thanks for sharing!

Now im gonna have to try some of these other recipies and add a few of my own.

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyMon May 22, 2017 10:13 am

I figured I'd better share this before asparagus season is over. This made a wonderful mothers day breakfast for my mom.

Egg and asparagus parmesan

Two eggs
Four asparagus spears
Salt and pepper
Olive oil
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Break eggs into separate bowls and let sit until they reach room temperature. Cut Asparagus into one inch angled slices and put into small greased baking dish, sprinkle with oil and roast in oven for five minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slide eggs over asparagus then bake for another five. Add parmesan cheese and bake for five more minutes. Makes one serving.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 3:38 am

Here's a new recipe!  And it takes only five ingredients!

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

4-1/2 cups of rotisserie chicken or roast your own.
28 ounce can of Green Enchilada Sauce
1-1/4 cups of sour cream
Corn tortillas white or yellow, cut into strips about 1 to 1-1/2 inch.
Monterey Jack cheese.

Using a 9" x 13" baking dish. Spray nonstick baking spray

Put about one half of the chicken on the bottom, cover with half of enchilada sauce. Then add soft sour cream. Cover with the tortilla strips. Then add cheese.

Repeat process for 2nd layer.

We used both Monterey Jack and cheddar on ours.

Preheat oven to 375. Bake covered for 40 minutes, then uncovered for 10 minutes. Let stand for about 10 minutes.

10 servings

Enjoy!

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySun May 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Another 5 ingredient recipe

Ingredients

1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed broccoli cheese soup, undiluted
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions, using 1-1/2 cups water.
In large bowl, combine chicken, broccoli and soup; transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with stuffing; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.

Okay I made a couple of changes to this recipe. I didn't cube the chicken, I shredded it and I had more than 2 cups. The Broccoli was about 2 cups as well. The soup can be changed up as well, you can use cream of chicken or mushroom if you wanted a different flavor. Have fun.

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptyMon May 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Here is a soup that I make fairly often. It's a great soup for sweeping the vegetables you have in the fridge. It is inspired by the Hungrian gulash soup.

Startear's Leftover Soup

Need

1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tespoon Caraway Seeds
2-4 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 an onion sliced to preference
1 - 1 and 1/2 tablespoon paprika powder (I prefer smoked but you can use whichever you like)
1/2 - 1 bell pepper (preferably red)
1/2 package of protein of choice (beans, meat, sausages or ground meat)
1- 2 potatoes (sweet work too)
1 liter Water/broth

Whatever leftover vegeables you have. Some great adds are onions, spinach, mushroom, celery, carrots, cabbage, kale, and fresh tomatoes. I also like to add fire weeds in the summer as my work is flooded with it.

1. Slice and cut the vegetbles you are using and mince the garlic.
2. Add a pot to your stove. Put on high heat with oil/or butter (whtever you prefer.)
3. Start by adding the spices. I usually lower the heat at this point. When the spices are toasted and fragrant, add garlic, protein of choice and potatoes.
4. If you are using meat then I suggest cooking it until it's no longer pink/translucent. Add salt and pepper.
5. Add the tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes, depending on the potatoes and the meats cooking time.
6. When the meat and potatoes are finished cooking, taste with salt and pepper until desired taste, then plate up.

Gulash is usually served with sour cream and bread but you can eat it however you want to have it. This soup works great for freezing or meal prep, and again it is great for when you have vegetables you need to use up as you can add anything to it.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
jabberwookie

jabberwookie

Aquarius Horse

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network EmptySat Jun 09, 2018 11:26 pm

Oh man, all these recipes look really tasty! Here's one from me! I can't actually remember where I got it at this point, but it's cheap and versatile, and really, really tasty. Seriously, like, eat the sauce off a spoon tasty, even if the ingredients sound a little strange at first. It also goes well with just about any side-- rice, roast potatoes, corn, peas, whatever you've got for the most part.

I actually like to get the Catalina Dressing with bacon in it when I do it. It adds a really good smokey flavor to it.

3-Ingredient Apricot Glazed Chicken

Ingredients
   ★ 3-4 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken parts (breasts, thighs, drumsticks, or a combination)
   ★ 8 ounces Catalina salad dressing
   ★ ½ jar (about 5-6 ounces) apricot jam
   ★ 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix

Instructions
   ★ Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
   ★ For easy clean-up, line a roasting pan or a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
   ★ Place chicken, skin-side up, on prepared pan.
   ★ In a medium bowl, whisk together 3 glaze ingredients.
   ★ Pour sauce over chicken and spread liberally on each piece.
   ★ Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked through.

Notes
★ Cooking Just for Two? This meal can easily be prepared in smaller quantities by cutting all of the ingredients in half. You can use only chicken breasts, only thighs, or only drumsticks if that's an easier way to purchase 1.5-2 lbs. of meat. You will also want to cut the glaze ingredients in half. Cooking time should remain the same.

★ Want to Prep Ahead? There's not much prep work involved at all, but if you want to get a head start you can whisk together the glaze in advance. Keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 1 week before using.

Always looking for Roleplayers! Find me on Discord: krepta#5707
Back to top Go down
http://farandaway.jcink.net/index.php
Sponsored content

The food network Empty
PostSubject: Re: The food network   The food network Empty

Back to top Go down

The food network
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: