Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love

Go down 
+7
Elwing
Evil Evie
Embala
Wiseshaman
G0lden
Lunakat
Nibblet
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love Empty
PostSubject: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 6:44 pm

About all I'm going to say about this stupid holiday...

And a cute little meme to set everything off...

Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love 9ca0db10

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 6:53 pm

Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love Search?q=charlie+brown+on+valentines+day&view=detailv2&&id=100AF4A70590B30F9959594A8C10F9A005E122BE&selectedIndex=17&ccid=j4Wxcb%2fC&simid=608034256538043163&thid=OIP

Charlie Brown thought no one loved him on Valentines day too.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 7:28 pm

cathat Have a happy day Hug and 364 more. I love you

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 9:53 pm

rofl rofl rofl rofl Shaman, I bloody love you.

I am sick of seeing people saying how good their VD was on facebook. VD is a venereal disease, Valentines day is the day you throw chocolates at someone you want to get in bed with. It's very different

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyTue Feb 14, 2017 10:49 pm

Can't you give a valentine to a friend?

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 2:17 am

One of the girls on our team, give all members these cute little gift bags with a stuff bear and an assortment of candy,

Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 11:39 am

Lunakat wrote:
Can't you give a valentine to a friend?

All my friends think the same about this crappy so-called 'Holiday', which was created to make couples buy over-priced cards and flowers while shaming everyone else for not 'being in love''. So no, got no one to give a Valentine too, guess that makes me a bad man.

Seriously, who needs a 'Special' day to say I love you to your significant other?

Nibblet wrote:
I am sick of seeing people saying how good their VD was on facebook. VD is a venereal disease, Valentines day is the day you throw chocolates at someone you want to get in bed with. It's very different

Second that Sister!!

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Well, I don't need it. I have no one either ... and in case I'd have one we'd probably choose our personal day in case we need one.

In general I tend to simply ignore it - what's probably easier here in Germany and for people of my age. We definitely have NO tradition for this day.

But if anyone wants to celebrate it for what reason and to what degree - have a happy Valentine's Day! I love you Enjoy the day with your loved ones, friends and whoever you want to include. It's as good as any other day. Very Happy

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 2:46 pm

The thing that Valentine's day for me is my church takes the opportunity to celebrate it. We call February prove your love month and are encouraged to invite friends a family, show how much we love and appreciate our pastor and fellow congregation members.

Outside of church though, it is a strange day. One of the club's at my school was selling cupcakes and condoms as a fundraiser yesterday. Shocked

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyWed Feb 15, 2017 4:47 pm

let's see if this works?

Good thing is, I didn't get a card from my mom this year. Because that is just awkward.
Back to top Go down
Relena

Relena

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 1:03 am

I'm married and I hate this stupid Holiday.
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptySat Feb 18, 2017 7:09 am

Elwing wrote:
let's see if this works?
The embded itself didn't work correctly for me (might be my restrictive browser settings) so the plain link's here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw7gNf_9njs

I hate VD, too. Not the day itself, not the holy Valentine (protector of lovers), not love itself. But I hate the commercialization of it and having it rubbed under my (or anyone else's) nose for weeks. And all the happy people on these intrusive ads that nearly scream their faked happiness at you and pretend to be so much in love with each other and nearly bully the people who are (unwillingly) single.
I think love only sucks if it is not mutual. One-way love can wear you out (believe me Wink ).

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyTue Feb 21, 2017 8:21 pm

I unabashedly like Valentine's Day because it took me YEARS to learn to receive. I've always been a giver and caretaker in my relationships, and I believe in always having that year round. However, I do like having one day a year in which I see the people I am involved with be creative in how they give.
My sweetest, most touching gifts were from people who made things from scratch for me and took effort to think and plan it out: One boyfriend made a coffee table book of some of our dates together and the pics from it, another was a chef in training and made me a a white chocolate card a foot high with lace imprinted and writing in dark chocolate. One ex refurbished my favorite chair which was torn up, and another year drew a geographical 'map' of our relationship, with each of us as different coasts, complete with roads and highways to 'reach' each other.
I know it's a generic , commercial holiday, and I don't care. I feel it's what we do with it which counts. But if neither person cares about it, that's cool too. Just as long as you're in agreement though LOL!

My grandmother, the woman who raised me, died on what was Mother's Day one year. That too has become a commercial holiday. But every year I celebrate her presence and her life on Mother's Day.
I celebrate her every day as well. But Mother's Day will always be hard-hitting, I think.
So, I think it's what you make of it ultimately, really.

Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyThu Feb 23, 2017 7:55 am

Exact same position as Wiseshaman, about it, here.

Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love Erma_s10

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love EmptyFri Feb 24, 2017 11:40 pm

You guys are such cynics lol~!

So the counter question here is, IF someone made a grand gesture for you on Valentine's Day - someone you liked or were seeing - how would you react???
That's what I want to know.

Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love   Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentines Day Sucks, and so does Love
Page 1 of 1