Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who do you identify with and why?

Go down 
+28
jaRf
Prayer
Trollbabe
Beryl
Elftanner
IceTooth
Embala
Miscellaneous
Zadzi
Startear
Nomad-Human
anj tuesday
Outlier
TrollHammer
Peacekeeper
faeriegirl
Leanan
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Fairyring
manga
MrsGrizzley
G0lden
Tam
PCoquelin
truelight
Kindredsoul
Wiseshaman
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
anj tuesday

anj tuesday

Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 5:28 pm

*humpglogs* sounds nice, too
Back to top Go down
Peacekeeper

Peacekeeper

Pisces Rat

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 6:25 pm

Heh heh good one Anj! Oooof! I can give out bear hugs back any time...it feels nice!
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Two-Edge: for various reasons.

Rayak (pre wolfrider): outsider, not well understood, at times capable of things no body needs or wants, searching for a place in the world. (Couldnt do anything that would endanger anyone though, wasnt a fan about that).

Uh... hmm.... Pike? I love a good story and a good inebriating fruit...

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 12:53 am

manga wrote:
Even her recent disillusionment echos with me as I tire of muddling about on Earth and wish I could move on to Heaven as she yearns to move on to the Palace.

I've never identified with Moonshade, but I have felt this way often in the last year or so, only without the faith that there is any kind of afterlife waiting for me. I went through a hell about 10 years ago that I had a pretty good chance of not surviving, and now I just feel tired a lot, like I'm living more time than I should be.

I also kind of feel like Embala, I don't really have the connection to fictional characters that some people here seem to have. I suppose it's some lack of imagination on my part.

I would say if there's a character I'm most like, it would probably be Clearbrook. I do what I need to do. I'm not attracted to attention and drama. I take comfort in my family and loved ones and am pretty happy as long as they are around me. But, I don't think Clearbrook's that engaging as a character.

Who I most identify with is probably Rayek. "He must be first in everything, or else he is nothing." and "What do you expect of yourself" - "Everything!" (Or however exactly those lines go) would be perfect lines to describe my inner emotions a lot of times. Jealousy and the feeling that I am not getting proper respect and credit for my skills and talent is something I struggle with a lot.

anj tuesday

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 11:04 pm

anj tuesday wrote:

Aroree, a bit, although I can't imagine ever being that smitten with Skywise. But I do relate to the whole being mopey-weepy thing as well as the not belonging thing, the being stuck in a stupid mountain even though you can fly thing, and the "I want to think for myself" thing. And the outfit. Overall, Book 3 always was Wendy's finest moment to me, even if she doesn't seem to think so herself.

Adar, for having been the local skeptic and unimpressed fairy-quibbler!

And Rahnee, from Lynn Abbey's stories... Rahnee is just special to me. https://anjtuesday.wordpress.com/2012/07/31/soulnames-and-wolfsong-in-lynn-abbeys-rahnee-stories/

As for who I'd like to be? Probably Leetah. I even dreamt about being her. But I know I'm not actually like her.

Oh, and Suntop. I was rather like that, just more complicated.
Back to top Go down
Nomad-Human

Nomad-Human

Scorpio Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:09 am

Well, my favorite character is Shuna, but she's not me. Clearbrook was also a fave, but again, not me. Moonshade and I went through a similar tragedy (we both lost a child) but she is SSOO different from me, we might as well be from different orbits in different ends of the Milky Way.

Who I am is an amalgamation of 2 different and, for some people, very uncomfortable characters: Kahvi and Krim. I have never figured out how to back down from anything, to the point of sometimes being way too damn aggressive for my own good. My friends and I joke that if you need a heavy to handle something for you, I'm your girl.

When I can't stand how something is, I have to rage about about it. I have to fight against it. Wether that's protesting at Black Lives Matter marches, or criticizing Israel when I know it will cost me socially at my synagogue. My blood beings to boil and the good fight is my milk and meat.

But that's not an easy way to live and it costs you and will cost you over and over again. Till you're tired of paying. So I would say that I was once Kahvi, held in the grips of an anger I could barely control and feasting on conflict... even some that was of my own making. Then with age came perspective (I won't say wisdom, I think that word describes something far too rare to be bandied about as much as it is.) and that perspective allowed me to FINALLY choose my battles. Not every fight that finds me is worth taking up. Now, these days, I'm Krim and I know how to choose the the hill I'm going to die on.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Hmm, I don't know anymore. I've always been vocal about how my favorite character is Chot, and for a long time, I did see myself n him

While not well done, in New Blood I saw in him loneliness and separation... trapped in another land that is unlike your own. Sorrow's End was like that for him, Greece, where I lived because of my father's job for two years was that to me. I saw, or projected most likely Skywise Wink that he kept himself apart because of feelings of resentment. And then when they picked up on it, it grew within.  then he falteringly tried to communicate with Suntop, in much the same manner that I failed when I did that with my cousin.

Chot was also the first character that I saw in EQ who was chastised over how much he ate, and that was another thing that resonated with me... how many times didn't i hear that I ate way too much?

Now-adays, I'm not sure. I still relate a lot to Chot, but not as much as before.  There are parts I see in Aroree, how her grief made her understand how things are terribly wrong.  (Though please stop me if I ever kidnap a child to buy my freedom. Please.)

It see some in Drub too. Opportunities, looking for them, the satisfaction of learning to beat others in their own game. Not saying I'm good at it, but still. Fighting for something. And I like her wardrobe! Shallow reason, I know but still!

So yeah.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.

Last edited by Startear on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 9:57 pm

I've noticed something ... Aroree was my first avatar when I started as a newbie on the SoC. And she keeps popping up in my mind randomly. Seemingly without purpose.

I've thought about it again ... still not one I'd see as an identification character. But in a way ... maybe. After her self-conficence and security as one of Voll's Chosen Ones was shattered she never felt like belonging to a community of individual again. Not really. Not fitting in ...

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 11:10 pm

I'm schizophrenic, because I've always identified most with Kahvi and original EQ Leetah. The only thing those two have in common is their love of freedom though you don't see it much in Leetah anymore since she doesn't need to keep asserting it. I've Kahvi's temper and wanderlust, and Leetah's strong protective streak, as well as her deeply ingrained care taking tendencies. Those two characters embody my most prominent values, so I think that's why I identify with them the most.

Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 6:59 pm

Embala wrote:
I've noticed something ... Aroree was my first avatar when I started as a newbie on the SoC. And she keeps popping up in my mind randomly. Seemingly without purpose.

It's interesting when something keeps popping in your mind, or you keep meeting it in real life but can't figure out why. I like it, it often means there's something to discover here! I had a bit of that with Moonshade and Leetah: they are not the character I like the most but they would come into my thoughts unexpected, and I had dreams about them...

I've sometimes identified with Leetah, but only the Leetah in Blue mountain, when she's searching for Dewshine and talking with Winnowill and all that. I dreamed of being Leetah on a quest! A bit with Dewshine, mostly because we're both skinny. Hmmm, it seems to me it would be easier to ask someone we know: who am I like, to you? I'm sure the answer would be surprising and uncomfortable Smile
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2016 7:22 pm

Surprising? For sure!
Uncomfortable? ... as long as I'm compared with fictional characters I likely wouldn't care too much.

Given my look and interest in gemstones I should be a Troll. Laughing Closer to Maggoty than Oddbit or Trinket, tho ... ^^

Aroree ... like her I'm able to fly in my dreams. Sometimes. Or ... I was able to.

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2016 4:20 am

Treestump...I've always liked him. Partly because he has muscles and a beard and looks a lot like my Dad. Just love his outlook on life and his prowess as a warrior. I've spent a lot of time thinking about doing a cosplay as him...but only if I could get myself absolutely ripped...would have to do him justice. Will probably never happen, but it is sure fun to think about! Smile

But the odd part is, although he's not one of my favorites...the EQ character I most resemble in personality and temperament is Strongbow. I'm usually a person of few words and make full use of body language and eye contact to get my point across to people. I've heard some people call it "situational awareness"...it is amazing how much you can communicate without saying a word.

Like the strange guy who came from the other side of the grocery line in the store today to buy a paper and stood right next to me. I turned and gave him a quick Strongbow gaze and he backed up immediately...lol...hello, boundaries? I will of course yak someone's ear off if I'm comfortable with them...but I took the Meyer's Briggs test recently and it rated me as an INFJ. Don't know if that's Strongbow or not...but something about that sullen, brooding and quiet personality of his is just...well...me. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elftanner

Elftanner

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 1:33 pm

I am definitely Moonshade. I started reading when I was eight years old and I couldn't believe how beautiful she was. I wanted to be just like her when I grew up mostly because of how pretty she was. (I was teased a lot as a child) As I did grow I started to appreciate her personality more. We were both introvert. We both love to create. We were both set in our ways. As an adult I was able to relate to her a lot more. Especially her relationship with strong bow. When I was 18 I met my Strongbow; strong, silent, set in his ways for sure, didn't like to be around a lot of people, he was even built like Strongbow. Anyway, I'm getting off track. Moonshade to me was always a strong personality. She believed things should be done a certain way and she believed it was the right way. She was always a mothering type just like me. Takes to tribe to raise a cub after all. We were even pregnant at the same time. She stuck by her man even if he was being stubborn but in private she would let him know he was being an ass. Lately Moonshade has been going through a change. I wasn't exactly happy with it And I realized it's because it made the character step out of line with me. Then I realized that I was changing too. I'm no longer happy with my lot in life. I want more. More security. More comfort. More space. I want a change. This latest installment has made me uncomfortable and it's mostly because Strongbow and Moonshade are separated. I can't even imagine separating from my lifemate. My strong set in his ways lifemate. But, she is doing what is right for her. I don't know if I'm making any sense. I am definitely Moonshade.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 3:05 pm

Elftanner! Very Happy Welcome to the pack!

That's a beautiful insight how Moonshade accompanied your developement from young girl to mature woman and how she and her story fit with your own and influenced you.

Elftanner

Elftanner

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 am

Thanks embala. It's good to be back. I haven't been on since just after the scroll of colors went away. Still learning this new layout.
Back to top Go down
Beryl

Beryl

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 5:42 pm

I identity the most with Redlance.
I wonder what it says about me that the chracter I identify with, is the opposite gender.
I see myself in his gentle and kind nature, the way he respect life, his connection with plants and nature, the way the cruelty he experience affect him. He is a caregiver, and a creator. I love how him and Nightfall share eachother with other people, while they are completely devoted to eachother, I think that is very beatiful. I quess Redlance can sometimes be seen as passive, but I think there is something to be said about not acting.

I identify with his daughter Tyleet, because she is calm  and gentle yet adventorous and curious. I identify with her emphaty and desire to help others.

I allso identify a bit with Dewshine. Mostley how she can be seen as small and fragile, but is quite strong in her own way. How she grew from that young and innocent girl, into a strong assertive woman. I love how she welcomed Tyleet into her relationship.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 6:55 pm

Maggoty. She has to rely upon wisdom, experience and hard work. No magic powers like those lazy Elves.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2018 7:56 am

Tyleet. Timid yet brave. Searching for connection. Searching for piece. Looks at the heart not the outward appearance.

Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 11:04 am

Strange that I seem not to have written something here. Did we have a similar thread elsewhere?

I guess for me it is a mix of several elves. Rayek + Redlance + I guess some more. It would be up to others to judge me, to have an "external" impression of me. But I'm sure I do have some character properties of Redlance and Rayek to me. The calm elements from Redlance, but over time I discovered more and more similarities between Rayek and me.
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2018 1:27 pm

I have to say, I've always managed to see a bit of Ahdri in myself. She's a handmaid, and I've always been good at working and cleaning and being practical. And I've always in rl been in the background, not saying much. And I'm also making things with my hands. Pluss, I love her hair and dress. What more is there to say?

At the same time, ever since I learned of Crescent, she's been one of my favorites. I guess she's what I've always wanted to be; confident, strong, clever, and caring to her loved ones (refering to her wolf friend). And she just looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Ahdri and Crescent. What a lovely combination Rainflower.

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2018 10:56 am

Probably Shenshen, she's such a sweet and loving character that is kind of overshadowed, but if you bug her she will bite your head off with words. She's also practical and doesn't use magic much....

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2018 5:43 am

Shenshen is a great character! I always loved her playful side and that she is very practical. She has great knowledge about healing with herbs. She along with Pike make everything light and fun when there's room for fun!

Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 3:52 am

<-------------------------

This is indeed a -Klynn-, down to the fact that one of my favorite activities is astral travel. Not to mention swimming... the resemblance is just uncanny.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Welcome to the pack, Sorandril/Kelethian. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you identify with and why?   Who do you identify with and why? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who do you identify with and why?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Enter the Scroll Room-
Jump to: