Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Quest #21

Go down 
+21
wingthing
manga
Sadachbia
Elwing
Zadzi
Lunakat
Miss Gillespie
jaRf
Sifra
Embala
Davrille
Stargazer
Shadowpath
Startear
Evil Evie
Outlier
Multi-Facets
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
Josine
namuhna
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunakat

Lunakat

Final Quest #21 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 4:22 pm

I think it means that the last of Timmain's unfinished business on the planet was finished by Cutter, and now she can take off into space.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Makes sense, Luna. Smile

... still a weird dialogue for me.

Final Quest #21 - Page 3 Banner15
Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 4:25 pm

The whole thing is weird. You aren't alone.

Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 11:30 am

Lunakat wrote:
But yeah-- I mean-- index think they were clearing the way for Timmain. It's not as if he hasn't cared about those girls. He was very involved with Aroree, and he has consistently reunited with Ruffel.
To me, his relationship with Aroree always came across as very one-sided. Sure, he wanted to help her to shake of the spell of Winnowill, but he expect he would have done that for the elf he is least sexually interested as well. I never got the idea, that he really cared for Aroree. Understandably, since her major character traits are being whiny and into Skywise.
Lunakat wrote:
I think it was just to eliminate any awkwardness -- because Timmain is clearly supposed to be his end all be all, and his character has never given up his extra lovemate a before. So this eliminates that contradiction.
I guess so. Well, this could've been the opportunity to show, that you can have "that one special person" and still be promiscuous (showing all the facets of elfin sexuality and stuff), but yeah, monogamy it is.

@Embala: the TimTam dialogue is stilted as F, of course it's weird. "I love... But I'll live as myself". What is that supposed to mean? Because he loves, he would be, normally, supposed to live as someone else? That, because he loves Skywise, he should live as Timmain, but he chooses to not do so? Or that he loves Timmain?

Just because some cryptic words sounded deep when you thought them up, it doesn't mean they actually are

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 3:33 pm

Re: cryptic words... Man, that is so true!

Regarding Skywise and Aroree-- I think their dynamic was pretty clear, and not completely one sided. It was just fundamentally flawed because it was based on misunderstandings. Skywise initially was taken with-- maybe even looked up to-- Aroree because she represented everything he had ever craved. She could fly-- and she gave him the experience of flying. She seemed to know more about the world than he did, and she revolutionized his perception of it. She appeared sophisticated and was willing to teach him about things. At the same time, she was a hunter for her people-- just like the Wolfriders were hunters (so she was relatable on that level to him as well. She was like his love of the sky and his culture combined.) She almost seemed like the perfect girl for him.

But... when push came to shove, she had no spine. She had never experienced any real tragedy or conflict-- so she back stabbed him and his family and left them to die. That, clearly, was a sticking point for him. He was so upset about it that he himself betrayed his tribe in order to understand why she did it. That doesn't fit the actions someone who doesn't care. That's what someone does when they care more than they can understand. But he still didn't know who she really was at that point.

When he confronted her-- he got no answers to his questions. He just came to the realization that she was weak and broken. Again, he risked the safety of his people to try to help her. And again, she full on stabbed him in the back for it. At this point, most people would be like 'be-yatch!' But when she showed up to "rescue" him from Kureel, he again gave her the benefit of the doubt and stayed with her over going to Cutter because he felt she "needed" him. Like seriously-- this is someone who cares a lot.

But again-- I really think that it was a standard case of two people not knowing each other. He fell for the illusion of her, and was hoping to get something from her that she ultimately couldn't give. She just ended up codependent and made him her crutch until she figured herself out. Then, when she was able to stand on her own, they went their separate ways.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2017 2:36 am

I just wish Aroree didn't look like some prepubescent teen in FQ... it's kind of sad. I know she was always slender etc but she was always shown as an adult. Now she looks like some awkward preteen or teenager. I don't know if this is some deliberate way to have her seem like she's just so overjoyed about being free or whatever but it looks kind of sad and weird.Things like that don't really always bother me - they are noticed but I will overlook them in a broader sense. With her though, I feel she got tossed aside and then made to look somehow silly and like a random pre-teen elf. :/

Final Quest #21 - Page 3 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 4:32 am

You mean her body? I think all the elves have now kinda larger heads and smaller bodies. Aroree's body would probably not be able to prop up her head. Then, again, all the tall elves suffer from the barbie syndrome

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 5:31 pm

No- her proportions have changed. Her head has gotten bigger or her body skinnier. That's why she looks adolescent when she used to look like a mature adult. The elves have not always suffered from Barbie syndrome. In the past, they had proportions that were plausible. What bothers me more than Aroree's head is Nightfall's waist (where did it go?).

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2017 10:59 pm

I know it's been discussed before , the 'Barbification' esp in FQ. Nighfall's gotten way, way, WAY angular and botox-ed looking as well. But Aroree looks like a dopey awkward pre-teen like. I guess the heads are bigger too, I can't tell art wise what it is, you guys seem to be able to pinpoint it better. There's also Moonshades face which somehow is like oval know when she was always more square jawed or fuller in the face somehow. i don't know.

Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 8:04 am

Well, the elves got more and more ridiculous body shapes, didn't they? The small females have kinda balloon boobs and extreme hourglass waistlines. Tall females are barbies without breasts. And all of them stand on tiptoes.
The males are super buff with silly muscles as in Dragbonball. But in DB it's at least fun. On a sidenote, it always bugged me, that even those elves, who don't lead a very physical life have these really well defined muscles. Heck, unless you train your six pack, you won't have abs, no matter how much you hunt and live in the wild.

With Aroree, I think one problem is, that her outfit makes her look like a teen gymnast. (The large head doesn't help.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 10, 2017 1:00 pm

I just discussed body types with my 10 year old daughter the other day, and I gave her the early Elfquests as an example. Back then Wendy was so good. I don't like the way the elfs look now, either.

Final Quest #21 - Page 3 Dart_kimo_banner_by_janaweijers-db45ba7
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 11, 2017 7:23 am

Miss Gillespie wrote:
... Barbies... etc.

Indeed the FQ ones... it's not as it was in OQ and most subsequent comics. Yes, it is a little overdrawn. And yes, they seem to become more similar with each other. Well, digital working might lead to easier use of copy and paste...

Quote :
Heck, unless you train your six pack, you won't have abs, no matter how much you hunt and live in the wild.

Not entirely. You need some musculature, yes, but you especially need low body fat. That however, might fit the lifestyle of most elves. And I think it even saw an eight-pack. Crazy as it is.
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 12:01 am

I know some competetive bodybuilders. To look like they do, one has to follow a rigorous diet and even to dehydrate before a competition. Therefore, bodybuilders might look muscular, but they lack stamina.

Well, either way, cuddling with an elf must be rather uncomfortable, only bones and muscles XD

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 12, 2017 1:49 am

I had a boyfriend with more than a six pack once. He wasn't a body builder-- but he was an athete (he ran and biked competitively) and he had to eat a healthy diet because of a health condition he had. So he was incredibly for with low body fat. He totally had those abs.

He was the only guy I ever dated like that though

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 10:57 pm

After looking at this cover art for a lot longer than I needed to last night, I have sort of become more convinced that it might really be a preserver which dies.... if the cover art is at all a clue in terms of how Redlance is positioned and that its most likely from the POV of the victim, then it wold make sense to me, especially with how Redlance seems to be looking up somewhat and the POV is looking down.... so its either someone/something taller than he is who is also long-enduring , like Savah, since she''s connected to the compost elves? But then even though she gets that anguished sending from the palace, I am not seeing her run out there.... but I could be wrong.
The second possibility is the father tree ... but I feel like the cover is far too dramatic for it to 'just' be the father tree, even though it is a big deal to them....I think the father tree or the forest is somehow part of what 'dies' and raises the stakes , especially for Redlance.
The 3rd possibility is that it's a preserver , not just because of the angle of the shot and the 'long enduring' line, but I am also reminded of the Siege At Blue Mountain issue, where Redlance and Nightfall (and some others) stay behind with the twins, and the humans come around, eventually try to set fire to the grove, while Redlance freaks out, and the preservers go berserk trying to put out the fire.
My point is, the preservers were there for that scene, and I can see them being there for this one too - and I am feeling there's probably a good chance one of them will die. I realize that one incident was in Forbidden Grove, and they were all there together, but I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of them showed up, even if they can't put out the fire with their wrapstuff ... maybe they try anyway?

Just a hunch.
And yeah, I spent way too much time looking at this Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 6:03 pm

I somehow found this new preview today, it just popped up. https://www.newsarama.com/35907-major-death-teased-in-elfquest-final-quest-21-preview.html#s6

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Thank you for the link Zadzi.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 7:28 pm

Thank you indeed, Zadzi!

Door is crazy as SH*T. O.O ... and he finally got a name. And OMG ... I don't believe it ...

Spoiler:

... there's a new (old) elf - and he's kinda my elf. ^^ Crystelshaper! *wonders if he has a proper name this time* Wink

Indem du etwas tust, das dir oder jemand anderem gefällt, erschaffst du bereits einen Wert.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Embala wrote:
Thank you indeed, Zadzi!

Door is crazy as SH*T. O.O ... and he finally got a name. And OMG ... I don't believe it ...

Spoiler:

... there's a new (old) elf - and he's kinda my elf. ^^ Crystelshaper! *wonders if he has a proper name this time* Wink

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Door is out to become the ultimate door!

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 4:31 am

Meanest preview ever!!!

Nevermind what happens after - in fact it looks like the last pages of the issue - what happened before?
Why is Redlance dying?
Why did Newstar and Ohler decide to go along on the rescue mission?
How did the humans find where the Rootless Ones live?
Why does that human speak the Elfin language?

Otoh, if it is the last pages it means we won't find out until issue 22 if Redlance dies...

---

How do you know, Embala? I mean, we know because Richard told us; basically the whole crazy Dodia in the cave part never happened, because Dodia arrived in the Palace with the others and the end of Shards. Though I think the bashing Door's head in bit still happened, she just didn't hit him hard enough. In fact; I can't help but wonder if Door's scull-cap is because of that...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 5:48 am

Sifra wrote:
Embala wrote:
Thank you indeed, Zadzi!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sifra, I hope you're getting new ideas for one of your fabulous comics , starring Door! That's definitely something that would be worth seeing Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 6:25 am

Redhead Ember wrote:

Why does that human speak the Elfin language?
I'd say Nightfall speaks the Human (Djunsland) language.

Redhead Ember wrote:
How do you know, Embala?
Know what?

Last edited by Embala on Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 am

Zadzi wrote:
Sifra wrote:
Embala wrote:
Thank you indeed, Zadzi!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sifra, I hope you're getting new ideas for one of your fabulous comics , starring Door! That's definitely something that would be worth seeing Very Happy

I started a comic a few weeks ago. It had Ember in it. For some reason I didn't think it was good enough and I stopped. Or maybe I just didn't have the time, with the children being at home all day in the summer.
It would be fun to start another comic. Smile

Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 10:09 am

High-one!Windkin looks weird
Dodia's son also looks kinda weird. I wish Wendy had given Dodia and her son a few background cameos first because like Rayeks parents they too come out of nowhere when they are suddenly needed.

Also this preview is very spoilery for a preview. Curious is that the preview on the elfquest.com website does not include the last page.

Final Quest #21 - Page 3 ZL1JzY2
Previously known as Zinegirl
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Quest #21   Final Quest #21 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Quest #21
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next