Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you currently reading?

Go down 
+20
IceTooth
Tynami
Leanan
Zadzi
Davrille
Shadowpath
Startear
Kojiyumi
Embala
Rainflower
jaRf
ErinC1978
Multi-Facets
Elwing
Anduinel
Evil Evie
Sifra
Trollbabe
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

What are you currently reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 11:47 pm

I thought I'd start this because I love to read and talk books. Please share what your reading and other similar bookish thoughts.

I would like to thank @Sifra for suggesting I read Stonehenge, it was such a great read and very much what I needed to stay out of a reading slump.

Right now I am reading two victor Hugo books, the hunchback of notre dom and les miserable. How I am keeping the two straight I don't know. He's an incredibly good and witty writer, I always imagined his work would be drier, but he keeps me laughing.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 12:25 am

"Black Flags: the Rise of Isis" by Joby Warrick

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 4:35 am

New York By Edward Rutherfurd, but it's a kinda slow process and sometimes I don't read for several weeks at a time...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySun Jun 25, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm reading a handful of business books by Dan Kennedy. Very useful and easy to understand.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 4:56 am

Evie I'm glad you liked Stonehenge.
I have decided to read "A gate of time" by Philip Jose Farmer. It's an alternate universe story according to the back cover.

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyFri Jul 07, 2017 11:13 pm

I would really like to be reading Ouran High School Host Club, volume one, but the library I ordered it from accidentally pulled volume 11 from their shelves...

So instead I'm reading a different romantic comedy that I absolutely love. The fanfiction series Cat-Tales by Chris Dee. A Batman and Catwoman metafiction. study

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySun Oct 08, 2017 11:42 am

I read Wolfbane, by Frederik Pohl, one of my favorite writers. It was a very interesting tale about strange aliens who had pulled the earth out of its orbit, and the cultural changes humanity went through due to that change.
Then I read the Bhagawad Gita, which was interesting even if the ideas it contains are a bit extreme.
Now I'm gonna read "Asta's ogen", a book on a family who moved from Indonesia back to the Netherlands, after WW2.

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySun Nov 05, 2017 12:42 pm

Gonna go read the Anthologies Vol 1.

Anduinel

Anduinel

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 3:34 pm

Trying my best to get through "A Wolf Called Romeo", but life keeps getting in the way. :/
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 12:52 am

The second book in the Mrs Pollifax series the amazing Mrs Pollifax. Just finished the first one, the incredible Mrs. Pollifax which was a great read. When your college is cleaning out their library.... study I love you

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 2:12 pm

I am reading "Polar City Blues", a scifi novel by Katharine Kerr.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:00 pm

Mari Kondo's second book on tidying.

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:09 pm

I read Marjorie Liu's Monstress. Absolutely beautiful comic, but very dark!

What are you currently reading? Monstress_Vol1-1
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 11:42 am

The second book in the gender games series. First dystopian future to suck me in since hunger games.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySat Dec 16, 2017 6:25 pm

I am reading "Brisingamen", a novel by Diana Paxon about the norse gods coming to Earth in the 80ths of last century. So far, it's a fun read.

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySun Dec 17, 2017 5:02 am

Sifra wrote:
I am reading "Brisingamen", a novel by Diana Paxon about the norse gods coming to Earth in the 80ths of last century. So far, it's a fun read.

That was the first book I'd read of hers! Still have my copy.

I'm juggling "Southern Ladies and Gentlemen", TBoTC Vol 3 and "Too Many Magicians."
Back to top Go down
Multi-Facets

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 pm

I'm re-reading "Gold Unicorn" by Tanith Lee, the sequel to "Black Unicorn". It stars Tanaquil, a sorceress' daughter, and her literal pet peeve. Because Tanaquil can mend absolutely anything, she's forced to mend a giant mechanical gold unicorn for the sake of someone dear to her, and she's appalled by her actions, by the person this loved one has become, and what happens when an attack forces her and others to take shelter under the belly of the terrible gold unicorn.

Tanaquil saw a perfect world once, thanks to the strange and magical events of "Black Unicorn." Now she has a chance to see another one, and she wishes her actions had never, ever caused it.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyWed Dec 20, 2017 12:09 pm

Davrille wrote:
Sifra wrote:

That was the first book I'd read of hers! Still have my copy.

I'm juggling "Southern Ladies and Gentlemen", TBoTC Vol 3 and "Too Many Magicians."

That's so fun that you read "Brisingamen", too! I really enjoyed it. I liked the idea of the norse gods in a modern society, and I loved all the references and I just love everything having to do with the norse gods. I love you

I'll probably read another sci fi novel as soon as I'm over this book hangover. study I have another book by Frank Herbert in mind... About a spaceship that tries to make its inhabitants worship it.

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyThu Dec 21, 2017 1:30 pm

This...Should definitely get some appreciation here.
http://customerservicewolf.com/
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 9:14 pm

My own version of that one Strongbow panel in issue five. There's punching in mine.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 6:40 pm

The Deer Hunters. I'm flabbergasted by how much trouble they're having killing one pig. No wonder one of their elders thinks one is going to die.

ErinC1978

ErinC1978

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 3:24 pm

How did you like "Polar City Blues," Sifra? It's been a lot of years since I read them, but I really enjoyed several books in Kerr's Deverry series.

"A Wolf Called Romeo" was such a good book (and such a good wolf ;_Wink.
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 3:34 pm

I'm reading the fault in our stars. I can't believe I never read it before now, it's so good.

Multi-Facets

Sagittarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2018 3:56 pm

"Scarlet", the sequel to "Cinder", both by Marissa Meyer. My ex recommended the miniseries to me, and I'm glad he did. Y'all like fractured fairy tales? Here ya go, and they're BRILLIANT.

Snow White is an evil queen ruling a colony on the Moon, Cinder is a cyborg mechanic, and Prince Charming is Emperor Kaito of New Beijing; Red Riding Hood is Scarlet, a farmer caught in a conspiracy, and the Big Bad Wolf is a soldier; and Rapunzel is a hacker called Cress, living on a satellite with just her netscreens for company. They're all looking for answers in what could be two or three intertwined mysteries involving a conspiracy to wage war on Earth, a missing Lunar princess, and Scarlet's grandma.

And that's just in the first two books! :-D

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2018 7:45 am

I often wish I had the time to read. Like I did in my days of youth. Well, I am reading quite a lot, but it is rarely a belles lettres stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently reading?   What are you currently reading? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you currently reading?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: