Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 2:05 am

I see you take your daily dose of EQ and Christmas pretties, G0lden. sunny

Guessed you would like those two, Redhead. Actually it was a special scene I've chosen ... inspired by some comment here on the Scroll.
To answer your questions: YUP ... kinda. YUP and ... hmmm... Ember
I might consider one exception from the "couple" rule - in case the baubles fall right. Wink Uhm... would be a second exception ... kinda ... O.o

Thanks for the praise and your joyful exitement, Wolfie. Hug
I've actually put the bauble hearts closer together to keep the effect from the original panel. Their young love really shows.
You got the right idea with the snowflakes, Wolfie. It's the scene when Dewshine comments about Tyleet's white hair tips and how they announce first snow. And she calls her "My Tyleet" ... a term of endearment someone on the Scroll pointed out. It made this scene stick in my mind - and brought it in the calendar.
You never miss to look at the 2008 reboot ... this calender is more nostalgic for me than I've thought.
I wish you many more happy days with the calendar. I love you Your comments make me happy, too.

Beryl showed up - Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 2012_b11 - time to show her baublified avatar! sunny

btw: There's a "theme in the theme" for the Advent and Holiday windows. Someone can figure out? Skywise Wink ... maybe even foretell the other eight?

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:17 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 4:42 am

Aaah! One of my new favourite wolf friends! Cutter Cool
Love that old thief. Hungry Wolf

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 12:50 pm

I'm always happy to read your kind and happy comments, Embala! I'm glad that mine make you happy too! Hug
I really loved the idea you had for Tyleet and Dewshine! Very clever! I had a feeling you were using the snow for that moment!

The Advent Calendar 2008 is very nostalgic for me as well. It's great to see old baubles back again from 2008! Seven years ago! Shocked

I love the gold Cutter bauble! Gold has always been the right color for him!

This bauble is my favorite! This one makes me so happy! Cutter, with his wolf friend, Filcher!!  Cutter Smile  Hungry Wolf It almost looks like Cutter is side-hugging him! They both looks so happy and carefree in this! I can't take my eyes of it! Really love the color baubles and background!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 3:57 am

Salt and... Spray? Strand? Something-else-with-'S'... ?

Anyway; love the baubles. brill

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 11:20 am

Gold for Cutter and violet for Moonshade.  Perfect colors for both. Plus a new one of Cutter and his wolf friend.

Not familiar enough with the WaveDancers, but love the new baubles for them too.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Awww! An beautiful violet moonshade bauble!

I love the wavedancers couple bauble! I know who they are. but i can't Remember their names..
I wonder where the both of them are looking at..
Back to top Go down
Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 4:25 pm

These are so lovely! I only just stumbled across them--so many beautiful images to check out from years gone by! You're doing a wonderful job with all the edits, and now I'll definitely have to keep coming to check on this thread!
Back to top Go down
http://myarmcanfly.net
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:04 pm

*waves* hi!! I'm also here Wink
Wonderful work as always, Em!

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:17 pm

Embala wrote:
Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 30_RedlanceNightfall

Redlance sings...
"I shot a spitwad in Nightfall's hair,
Somebody snitched on me!

Oh I'm gettin nuttin for Christmas,
'cause I been nuttin but bad!"

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 4:39 am

Okay... was a bit stumped there for a moment. Just couldn't recognize that dude.

Kahvi Tyldak

BTW, we need a link. Suntop Uncomfortable

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:24 am

Red for Strongbow. Looks like Kahvi and Tyldak. Great new baubles.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:14 am

Young strongbow in a red bauble! Really Strongbows color!! Very Happy

Kahvi and Tyldak! Kahvi Tyldak I love the background and i love what you did with the baubles! Now they really look like they're in spirit form!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:52 am

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 There_10 The child is the link!

*chuckles* You like the mischievous ones, Redhead. Wink This familiar scene between Cutter and Filcher reminds me of old times. Trust your first thought - those Wavedancers are Salt and Spray. Problems to recognize "pretty bird" ... yup, couples of all kinds - spirits included!

Just look in and enjoy, Wolfie *hugs* and comment when you feel like it.
Pale gold was very much Cutter's color from the beginning ... back in the first calendar and nowadays alike. Not that he will not fuse with other hues as well when situation fits and colors are slightly off like in the 2. Advent scene. Hehehe ... Cutter was side-hugging Filcher in the original. I'm happy it still shows! Smile
Salt and Spray, the Wavedancer elders, receive The Call at this moment ... I think they look just surprised and in awe.
I'm flattered you mention the background of the Kahvi/Tyldak ornament. Smile It took some extra effort to make it look like the spirit sphere.
You never forget to give a loving comment for both the old and new calendars. Moonshade and Strongbow "wear" their old colors - violet for her, brown for him.

Thank you for being the regular, loving visitor and commentor you are, G0lden. I'm happy the little ornaments seem to show well for you. The Wavedancers are Salt and Spray - the tribe elders.

cheers A new fan! bounce Welcome to the Advent calendar, Cloudbuck! I'm glad you've discovered this thread and like it so much.
*lays out Cloudbuck bait* ...    Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 2015_c11 Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 2015_c12
Kahvi was demanding and nagging as always. Wink Choose your favorite baublehead or take both!

*waves* Welcome back, faeriegirl! Thank you for the praise. flower Glad you enjoy.
Here's Elmireth's old bauble home for you: Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 2011_f10

Welcome back, TrollHammer! I see you had some extra fun!  Rayek Devil  
Hammer on! Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 2010_t12

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:22 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 5:03 am

Now there's a couple who've been MIA for a long time!

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 5:41 am

Ah two Sun Villagers and Petalwing. Nice.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:09 am

Not just any two Sun Villagers. Two specific Sun Villagers.
Or... two Sun Villagers with a very specific son.

Rayek

Back to top Go down
Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 10:25 am

Thanks Embala!! It's so cute!

And I love that we're seeing some couples who haven't been front and center--romantic and otherwise alike! I know the comics never make much of them, but I've always thought that Rayek's parents must have been very patient, kind folks, even if he didn't necessarily appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:38 pm

You are right, Redhead. Ember An ordinary yet prominent couple - one I've loved to remeet and present my way.

Today's couple are Jarrah ad Ingen, G0lden. Hard to recognize - Rayek's parents looked rather different at their first entry.

I see you prefer my first choice, Cloudbuck. Smile *is happy you like*
Cloudbuck wrote:
And I love that we're seeing some couples who haven't been front and center--romantic and otherwise alike!
That's the plan! Wink Only the expected ones would be a little boring and exclude some treats. There will be even "couples" you would not even consider at first sight.

More Nostalgia...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 2015_n10

You recognize them? They changed a little bit before showing up in the Original Quest ... to look like a VERY special couple of importance for EQ. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 2:21 pm

Let me guess Adar and Nonna?

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:44 pm

It does look like Adar and Nonna! I love that everything is black and white, while they are looking at something with a few colors in it.
Maybe an christmas tree? Can't make sure what it really is.. I really like it!

PETALWING!! Preserver  I really like the background in this one! It almost looks like je's in the bushes, looking at the sky! Wonder what it sees! Nice colors for both background and bauble!

Jarrah ad Ingen, such a lovely Sun Villager couple where we know nothing about *expect they are Rayeks parents* They have a proud look on their faces, atleast to me.
I really love the gold glitters in these two red baubles! I feels like it really fits them! I love the glitter star and tree! Nice to have an white background with this one!

I love your replys! I love to read them. I also love the new Avatar baubles you made for Cloudbuck! Nice to see some old avatar baubles as well.  I love how the calander looks already! Dewshine Hug
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 10:12 pm

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 There_10 The child is the link!

And G0lden gets 100 points! Very Happy The drawing goes with the commemt: Early Nonna and Adar - with a small problem. The problem is edited away ... Cutter with New Moon. XD

The friendly human couple indeed, Wolfie. I like your idea of them looking at a Christmas tree outside better than the drawn truth (see above). The colored spot "melting" through a seemingly snow covered bauble has tempted me ... it looked like an opening to ... somewhere. Room for imagination ... magical ...
Let's say Petalwing sees a Christmas tree for the first time ... or a Christmas fairy! Wink
Jarrah ad Ingen wanted the gold and plain white. No kidding - felt like they have chosen this ornament. (I've tried to convince them to use something more colorful - no chance. ^^)
Thank you for your comments and for actively reading mine, Wolfie. It's like a talk about EQ and art and feelings ... interaction that gives this thread more life. *hugs*

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:54 am

Friends in the making.

Ekuar

Back to top Go down
Cloudbuck

Cloudbuck

Gemini Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 9:08 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Friends in the making.

Ekuar
As they should be--theirs is a meeting and conversation I'd love to actually see in the comic! They must have so much to talk about. I also LOVE ShenShen's bauble! The colors are so warm and vibrant, and that's one of my favorite panels of her--a few years ago I got a really ripped up copy of the marvel reprint of that issue, and used it to make a bunch of buttons. That one (which I gave to someone else) and the Joyleaf one I kept for myself were definitely the favorites!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Aurek and Ekuar are nice additions. Plus sweet Shenshen.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Cloudbuck wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:
Friends in the making.

Ekuar
As they should be--theirs is a meeting and conversation I'd love to actually see in the comic! They must have so much to talk about. I also LOVE ShenShen's bauble! The colors are so warm and vibrant, and that's one of my favorite panels of her--a few years ago I got a really ripped up copy of the marvel reprint of that issue, and used it to make a bunch of buttons. That one (which I gave to someone else) and the Joyleaf one I kept for myself were definitely the favorites!

Ekuar and Aurek did meet. Very briefly, in issue 10.
Unfortunately it's probably the only time they've ever interacted.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next