Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 2:28 am

mOk, I'm stumped with the new one. Of course I see Strongbow surround in verdant green, but what is the other bauble depicting?

The world of Two Moons being a villain? Interesting concept.

Olbar, from the early years.

Eh, you never know Em, you just may come up with something new for New Year's greetings.

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 4:37 am

Been away for a bit, and I'm completely blown away by the beauty of the new and old baubles.

Happy New Year everyone!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:58 am

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 There_10 The child is the link!

It was not too fair to show the other character only from the back, I guess. The hairdo can be revealing, G0lden - it's Dart in the red sphere. And the light green one can symbolize Mender in case someone likes to see him involved.
Abode as an enemy is not a new concept. Already EQ1 mentioned that "... (the elves) magic powers flowed weakly through the aether of this savage world." And Moonshade basically fled the WoTMs.
I've decided to take Olbar to represent the Humans instead of Nonna and Adar for ... just because. He seemed to have a most interesting view on the elves and magic.

I hope you had wonderful vacations, fae. flower Thank you for the praise! sunny Happy New Year!

By the way - I've changed the order of Toorah and Suntoucher in the 2008 Calender. They were supposed to be the other way round from the beginning (mixed it up accidentally) and it balances the calendar much better this way.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 8:20 am

Okay... I did not think of Cutter + Cutter-shaped-Timmain as an option, but of course they are.

Love the Strongbow-Dart, father-son one. Especially paired with the Moonshade-Freetouch, mother-daughter one from earlier.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 7:06 pm

You cannot think of everything baublemaker-bigthing comes up with. Though it was absolutely logical for me. ^^ About the last one ... I'll go full circle - and do Cutter + X without showing Cutter. Figure out this, Redhead. XD
Redhead Ember wrote:
Love the Strongbow-Dart, father-son one. Especially paired with the Moonshade-Freetouch, mother-daughter one from earlier.
Totally my thought!

I had no idea how to handle your new avatar, Shadowpath. When I've finally asked Zharo I got a surprising answer ...  Surprised  Well, who'd say NO to Zharo?

Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 2015_s12 I hope I've not misinterpret! Shocked

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 7:42 pm

I love the new and old images for the New Years! They make it always look as if the elves and trolls are celebrating with us! Happy New Year everybody! I hope everyone will have a great year this 2016! cheers

Cutter and Cutter shaped Timmain!  Cutter Growl  Timmain  Cutter Cool  Nice choice of pairing, i was thinking you would do this! I really love what you did with their baubles! Their baubles look amazing. I love the kind of effects you did with their baubles! I also love the shadows beneath their baubles. The shadows makes the baubles look like disco balls! You choose the perfect images for these baubles! The image of Cutter and the disturbing moment happening, makes it look like as if the bauble is about to shatter into pieces! His brain kinda did in a way.. poor Cutter..
It looks really awesome, good job Embala!

Strongbow and Dart!  Strongbow Scowl  Strongbow Scowl *we don't have an Dart emoticon!* Father and son. Red for Dart and green for Strongbow! I love the positions of both images! I love that he seems to be sending to him and that Dart seems to be farther away from him then in the actual comic! I see a bauble around their heads wich seems to be Mender. Even though his bauble is green and much like the background, he seems to stand out. It looks really nice!

This is a much different kinda bauble i'm seeing here. An world ball. The world of two moons. Interesting! It really fits, specially after reading the final quest series! The world in this case is really the villian of the story *ok, the humans are*.
To stay on this dangerous planet or go back with the palace? It's a pretty big deal. Really nice concept to use the world as one of the villians!

Tree elf!! *I'm still going to call her that*. Nice to see that she made it in there as well! Thought we don't know anything about her yet, she does seem/look like an villian in the future. I love that everything has the same color effect. The bauble looks really nice! It makes me like her image more!

Aww! Rainsong and woodlock! Rainsong How nice to see these two! They are such a wonderful couple.very lovely images. I love their golden baubles! I love that they are both heartshaped ones! The color and the glances in these baubles really give a sunvillage touch!

Hey Olbar! I love that you picked him instead on Nonna or Adar! He's kinda my favorite human. I like the image you used. I don't really remember this image though. It makes him look as if he's in an dark cave.  He looks kinda grumpy, or serious. I like the background, it looks kinda different the the others in a way.

Edit: Nice bauble for Shadowpath! I love the star headband for Zharo! It looks pretty nice!

You're almost done. Just a few more! I will be missing this, but i can't wait to see the calendar finished!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 12:18 am

Cool, Leetah and Shenshen in beautiful burnish gold.

Sorry, I can't tell what the villain is today.

Love the old one of Timmain.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 8:17 am

Sisters!

Leetah Smile Shenshen Upset

Do we need a human-Shenshen emoticon? Of course we do!

One of the mysterious Tree-Elves, really hope they won't turn out to be too much enemies.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 11:53 am

Awww! The Sun Village sisters! Leetah and human shaped Shenshen! Leetah Smile  Shenshen Upset
I really love what you did with their baubles! I love the colors and magical effects you did with them! I love the images you used with the angle of both images. Leetah is looking up to see her new human shaped sister!
I love the background! It looks pretty magical.

Lord Voll! *aww he needs an emoticon*
I love this bauble! Such an beautiful image of him. He looks serious and gloomy, but it also looks like he's using magic * because of the effect under the bauble*. I love the snowy background, specially that effect under the bauble. It looks really lovely and nice!

Only three more to go for each calendar!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Love the blue surrounding Lord Voll, it's perfect and reminds me of Blue Mountain.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 3:22 pm

I am sorry if an ornament is too small or too obscured to be recognizable for you, G0lden. Hug Doesn't help much that the character was only seen three times so far ... and the pic I've used is from the cover of FQ #14. She's the "tree-elf" we've seen when the Call went out and it is not even clear whether she will be a villian. On the cover she looks like a zombie ... reason enough to use her.
I hope golden Leetah with "human" Shenshen and Voll in blue compensate for the puzzle. Smile Blue for his mood and pale blues and feathers for Blue Mountain. Glad to read you like them.
Is puzzled myself ... which "old one of Timmain" are you talking about, G0lden?

Yeah, you've nailed it again, Redhead. I couldn't resist to use Treezombiefungus Lady NOW. However she will turn out in the end - she will always qualify as a monster with THAT look!

Happy New Year, Wolfie! Health, love, luck and happiness for you. Making the Elves and Trolls and other characters celebrate with us readers is a charming imagination - and a huge compliment!  Embarassed
Shatter the spheres into pieces while Cutter's known world is shattered to pieces by TimmainTAM is the association I've aimed for. The baubles mirror each other while their shadows melt. Are they one or two? Will they merge or drift apart? This was one of the first moments I've chosen for the calendar - a must-do. There's only one left for Cutter + X and it will be an unexpected one ... and a pleasant surprise for you! Wink
I'm glad Strongbow and Dart are so welcome ... I wasn't too sure to show a character only from behind. Mender is not really included but the green bauble automatically represents him if you know the scene.
When I've found this glass globe I simply knew that it would serve me well sooner or later. Now it was perfect to represent Abode - last not least thanks to Jeedai who made the world map fit on an actual ball back at the Original Scroll. Take a close look, Wolfie ... do you see the reflection of a human shadow inside the globe? This "personification" is like the cherry on the cream! ^^
The colors and substance of this TreeFungGirl found a perfect match in the ball and background of this ornament ... a decomposing morbid touch.
A golden couple that celebrates life and peace like no other- Woodlock and Rainsong are a heartwarming balance for the darker sides I like to encounter. They always bring sun and smiles.
Olbar, the grumpy caveman! Laughing Naah... for me he is one of the more intelligent Humans, learning and using his mind. I like him more and more.
The Sun sisters' bauble is one of my favorites ... the ornaments and the background have a magical vibe that fits the transformation scene perfectly. sunny And Voll got an appropriate environment as well. Oh, he has sent me on a quest for it, I tell you! ^^

Three more days ... and a little bit longer. Stay with me and let's hit the home stretch together. All of you. Your company, eagerness and loving comments make this happen every year. *group hug*

A glimpse from the past into ...far? ...near? future ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 2015_j10

Jink drawn by Wendy Pini decades ago. Quote by WP too.

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:27 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 4:25 pm

You're very welcome Embala! Hug
And thank you for your long and very beautiful reply on our comments!

I saw the reflection human in the globe. I thought i had forgot something to mention in my comment!

Olbar is one of the more intelligent humans, that's why i was so suprised to see him looking like a grump caveman! Laughing My favorite human ofthe series!

Jink! I remember that image! Very pretty looking bauble! I love the crystals int he bauble with the black nighty sky! It gives a very nice effect. I love the quote! It really fits Jink's image and herself.

Rayek!  Rayek  I really love the colors in this one! Floating pink and blue. I love the atmosfere in this one. I also really like the decorating of the bauble! Rayeks image is perfect for the 12 nights villians! He looks in pain. I remember this images from when he was in the palace, almost letting winnowil to get healed. I'm curious what to expect from him in the next issues. A very beautiful image!

Embala wrote:

There's only one left for Cutter + X and it will be an unexpected one ... and a pleaseant surprise for you! Wink

oooooohhhhh! now i'm very curious!
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 5:54 pm

Love to one of Jinx.

As for Timmain, I couldn't tell you which older one it is at the moment.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 5:35 am

Why, hello there, new guy.
And your no-hump!

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 10:54 am

Dre-ahn and no-hump! Glad to see these new characters in your baubles! I love the snowy background and the bit of snow on their baubles. The snow makes sense! They heard the call in winter, so they had to go through to the winter first before they made it back here in spring.
I love their red baubles! Very nice color red. The color really seems to fit them both! I love the images you used. Both of them seem to look in the same direction. Really nice baubles of them!

Is that little trill, Aroree her bond bird? Aroree Sad Anyway, it's an cute little bauble! I love the glanses in the bauble! Though I love the wolves more, it's great to see another bond-animal, an bird for a change!

Only two more for each to go!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 6:53 pm

Advent Calendar 2015 - FQ Couples Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 There_10 The child is the link!

I had a "nice Olbar" as Santa ... that's why I wanted another expression for him in the calendar. And Olbar in impressive territory protecting mode was the first time we saw him.
The "night sky" behind Jink was part of the drawing and the quote too. Most I've done here was choosing a "spacy" bauble. ^^
When you look very close in Rayek's bauble you can discover Winnowill's spirit. She merged much more with the colors and spirals than I had intended ... sneaky Winni. Of course it helps if you know the original comic panel. Somehow Winnowill, Rayek or the Winni/Rayek combo always end up in the villians section. My apologies to Rayek ... actually I like him. I'm happy you like this unusually colored ornament so much, Wolfie.
Aren't they a cute couple? Wink Of course I had to include the one new character we came to know a little better. And the pony is his closest company so far. They longed for red ... and I was very pleased when I could keep the snowflakes visible.
The giant bird is Tenspan, Lord Voll's mount. I've thought of Starjumper as second bond beast but decided to include some more variety.

More love for Jink. Very Happy Glad you like her spacy ornament, G0lden. Guess it's pretty sure now that she will be the daughter of Skywise and Timmain.

Yup. An Elf and his best friend! ^^ I hope this was an unexpected couple for you, Redhead.

Redhead Ember wrote:
*Hey, Embala! There's a couple for your calendar!
Bit late, though...
*chuckles* Preserver

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 2:05 am

Petalwing and other preservers.

Oh Rayek with his power surrounding him as a villain. It looks like death as the other villain.

On of the Gliders bond birds and Kahvi.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:57 am

Preservers and... Someone in wrapstuff.
Or just Preservers and wrapstuff...

Can't see who the villain is...

Kahvi

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 8:36 am

Oh, it was Tenspan! The only bird name i remembered was little trill.

The preservers with someone or something in wrapstuff! Preserver Really nice and colorful baubles!
I really love the colors, glances and snowflakes! It's nice to see the those little buggers in here as well!

An beautifull golden bauble for the villian. I know this image. What I'm seeing is an hand of, let's call him an ''human friend'' of Korafay, holding an neckless with an symbol of Korafay, before or at the moment of getting shot and killed by the men of Angrif Djunn.  

Nice bauble for Kahvi! Kahvi I love the background! It really fits the Go-back theme. I really love what you did with the color of the bauble! Bloody red! I love the images you used of Kahvi. The image you used seems to be perfect for the situation. You can see that something bad is happening.

Only one more bauble for each. I'ts been quite the ride. the calendar is almost complete!
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:11 pm

Beautiful baubles!

Leetah and human Shenshen... wonderful moment.
Dre-Ahn and the no-hump, love that beastie.
Petalwing and the unnamed couple who were almost dead when they arrived and needed to be wrapped to survive... very curious to who they will turn out to be.

The villains are amazing too, from the fungus-girl to Rayek and the korafay-doll and all the others.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Someone in wrapstuff? Awww... now I'm really very much disappointed, Redhead! The Preservers are ... just the topping. Come on - take a look!
Not exactly a villian this time - more likely an image or concept some Humans fear. An idol, a talisman ... a tiny doll of Korafey this elderly fisher guy wears to remember of his special encounter.
And finally the last one for your little calender smilies game. Kahvi

Small structures and details are hard to recognize in those shiny "Palace baubles", G0lden. I'm sorry the scene is not recognizable for you again. But Redhead REALLY should know!
In fact the blue/pink ball holds Rayek and Winnowill but the spirit self became almost invisible even for me. I think Rayek expresses the agony Winnowill feels when they tried to "heal" her in the Palace.
I'm glad Tenspan and Kahvi were no challenge for a change. Very Happy

I won't tell about the "someone" in wrapstuff at the moment - I want to give Redhead another chance for an educated guess! Colors and pattern of the baubles were so fitting for this Palace scene and the wrapstuff. And the scene gave me the chance to include Preservers in the calender.
You are totally right with the Korafay symbol, Wolfie. Smile Poor old guy. Sad
You can bet that Kahvi insisted on red! Red like blood and white like snow and black like ... wait, that's another tale. XD
One more day ... I've enjoyed this ride. Last not least because of the great company on this journey.

AAHhh... I've just noticed faeriegirl is back! And she solved the riddle of the wrapped up couple! Preserver You just made my day, fae!
Thank you so much for the praise and delighted comment.  flower

Last edited by Embala on Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 12:01 am

Oh Skywise and Timmain in silvery white.

Want to say that is Strongbow in agony, which is villainous in itselg

Gruttlekraw in vivid green.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:25 am

Oh... it's the new couple!

Mini-timi and Skywise! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:07 am

A lovely love scene to end the calendar ... hopes for this season to turn out well. Smile
I've mislead you again with a very much obscured collage, G0lden - and by taking a motive from FQ #12. I get the impression you had no chance to read it til now? The Human in the baubles is just a random Armada guy with a gun. A kill-crazy murderer ... but the "villian" I'm going for is the weapon itself.
Hehehe... Greymung was a bit pale. Representing him in a green throne chamber made for a healthy green complexion. Troll Tongue

Of course the sleeping couple! When you've suggested it in the podcast thread last minute I would have even dropped what else was planned for the second last window to include them, Redhead. Wink Buuut ... actually they were the first "trio" I've made ^^ (mentioned it somewhen ago) - the last to post, tho. Of course those two deserved a spotlight in the "couples" calendar.
Yup, Sykwise with Timmini - or ... how someone worded it: Cutter with female parts - is the last addion to the Cutter + X series. XD

It's Three Kings Day, a holiday for Bavaria, that marks the end of Christmas time.
queen  farao  king

Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 2015_311

Couldn't have found anything better than these T(h)reefungusmungus Elves in a set of fir tree bells to herald the end of of this season!

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:30 pm; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:34 am

Oh! The T(h)reefungusmungus Elves! I really like the shape of these baubles. I really love that you decided for tree bells for them! I love the tree on the top and the tree pieces under in the bells! Good images you used for this.

YAY! Dewshine  Skywise with Timmain, or female Cutter.. or Timtam? Skywise Wink Timmain Timmain  Cutter Smile
Anyway, I love the last baubles! I really love the images you used and their positions! I love how Timmain looks at him and that her hand is touching his face with skywise looking up, or maybe in this case looking at her. He looks kinda sad though. I love the silver/white colors of the background and baubles. They match with their hair! Silver is their color after all. I really love this Embala! It's an amazing ending bauble for the last of the Advent Calendar 2015!

Amazing last bauble for the villians bauble calendar! This moment is when Rayek goes beserk on the human soldiers of the Djun! This is the guy that shot Venka! I really love the red light effects you made in these baubles! Kinda feels like lighting, or malignant screaming and anger. I love that you put an smaller and extra bauble with nothing in it, yet the gun is! I also love that the hand with the gun is outside of the bauble. Heck, the villian itself is the gun! Really nice work!

And now.. the very last bauble for this calendar is an troll! Greymung!  Troll Tongue  Never expected him to be the last one! Very nice green bauble! I also like the image you used. He looks indeed a bit pale don't you think. XD It's really nice.

Embala, you have done an amazing job! The calendars are looking awesome! I'm looking back at all of them now and i see the beautiful and hard work you have done on these baubles! I love them all! Thank you for your making all of these! I had a lot of fun seeing an amazing bauble each day. The calendar turned out lovely! I can't wait till next years calendar!  Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next