Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 8:43 am

Redhead Ember wrote:
Huh? I thought that was Rellah. Just recently read that story, and I was certain that was Rellah...
This wonderfully angry and bitter lady is Rellah.
Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 Tumblr_inline_ohgdlyX4z11s6uavj_540
The confusion might come from the fact that whoever wrote the old who's who didn't catch or didn't bother to read one speech bubble where Talen calls her Rellah, and for whatever reason, put up Nightdancer as Rellah instead.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 9:35 am

Actually... I just thought it was the same person.

Oh, and Embala; the main reason I'm bauble-head Ember this year is because I couldn't find my usual Christmas Ember picture... however, it's quite nice to be part of the bauble-leage. Ember

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 6:19 pm

Just got a call from Em, her comp is down and being repaired asap. Might take a few days though... Lots of love from Em and she's busy making baubles and such!

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2016 6:26 pm

These are all incredibly beautiful! I wish that I was creative in this way, but I have my own specialties. This is going to be fun, seeing what is revealed! bounce

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 3:29 pm

Looks at this year's calendar motto - "... when life was short and sharp" was not supposed to be extended on real life internet! *sigh*

I apologize for the wonky start. I promise that all the overdue windows will open today ... step by step. Hopefully there will be no more unplanned delays this season. *leaves to open windows*

Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 2016_011
The Link

When you see this ornament as a tiny thumbnail -> click it!

Advent Calendar 2016 - Dark Past ... Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 2016_010 She is the link!

Last edited by Embala on Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 4:37 pm

=D More pretties!
I'm so happy to see the 3 link elves! They always stuck with me for some reason.
Zarhan's bauble looks stunning and weirdly makes me think of the tools the High Ones lost since the crash.
Alekah's bauble is almost trippy to look at! I keep expecting to see some parts of it turning.
Rahnee looks so fierce! =D I love how the cold colours bring out her eyes. The feeling from the Three Toe/Timmron is back but it's stronger.

Edit: There's some cold and eerie about the Winnowill/Voll baubles. I feel like they're both lost in their own way?
XD a camp fire and light! Fitting!
A colourful bauble for Rainbow! (At least that's what I think her name is?)

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 06, 2016 7:33 pm

Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 2016-018
Another kind of hunt?

It feels good to be back. rendeer The calendars are updated and already welcomed by Shadowpath. Very Happy Now it's to catch up with all your dear comments.

I'm very content how "Campground" turned out. The bells had the perfect shape for those 'throw-away-homes' - how you've called them, Shadowpath. The different motive fits the colder mood of the silver bell - nevertheless I'll do a variant version with the third hollow from that cover.
When I noticed how much you like this elf-developement panel and the middle one especially it was clear that they will become "The Link". So happy you like it! Very Happy

I've guessed that the Rahnee/Zarhan Couple from the Chiefs & Mates calendar would make you comment, Shadowpath. I've went for this outstanding drawing of Rahnee to have a complete clean picture of Rahnee - that is alien enough to form a harmonic contrast with Zarhan. You can see - he dislikes to be baubled but he likes flames. ^^

Angry Stonethrower longed for something cold and plain and massive ... with a dark touch.
Once more Zarhan refused to be caught in a bauble ... less in a usual one! Now he's banned by the light of an antique glass candle ornament. Thinking of it as an alien tool is ... surprising. The kind of surprise I love. ^^
When I look at Alekah's bauble now I can almost see the sun symbol "in the making" - growing organically. Good catch, Shadowpath!
I'm glad Rahnee meets applause  ... another image section that was as hard to work with as it was interesting.
I've tried to find something warmer for Voll and Winnowill ... then to add appropriate decoration ... no good. Finally I've decided that these tied together yet bleak ornaments are a foreshadowing.
I had the campfire in another bauble ... nicely fitting but rather boring. This candle was too perfect - matching colors and a shape blending in.
Rainbow (yes, that's her name - I've looked it up in the prose novel) wanted a rainbow. I like this elfess ... she's pretty much the blonde, busty decoration but something captured my eyes and thoughts.

And thanks for explaining the Rellah / Nightdancer mix-up, Shadowpath. I agree that the mismatch in the EQ.com "Who's Who" played a part in the confusion, Redhead. I've noticed it in the beginning, pointed it out on the SoC ... but the wrong image stayed for months.
Stonethrower looks pretty characteristic. Guess he's easy to recognize ^^ ... especially when the story is fresh in mind.
Maybe you'll find reason to (re)read more while the Advent calendar is running? Ember
(... and maybe I can help with your caphead avatar - need to skim some files)
I'm glad to read you feel comfortable as a baublehead, tho! Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 Weihn0056

You always drop in with an appreciating comment, G0lden. sunny I hope most of the pictures are not too small or too obscured to enjoy them. *hugs*

You never miss to give love to each panel, Wolfie. O.O ... means you'll have a lot to do now. ^^ If you want to know what happened in that scene with Stonethrower just click on the picture - it will lead you to the page in question on Digital Elfquest!

Welcome to the board, Evil Evie! Very Happy Welcome to the Advent calendar and thank you so much for the great praise. Very Happy
Evil Evie wrote:
I wish that I was creative in this way, but I have my own specialties.
See - that's the point! Many ways of expressing oneself, many ways of creativity, many facets - here on the board and in real life. It would be rather boring if everyone had (mostly) the same imaginations, talents and same ways to do things.
I hope you'll have fun with the "doors of the day"and enjoy what they bring.

*waves at baubled owl* Thanks for keeping the tribemates informed, Storm.

Last edited by Embala on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 2:34 am

Love al the new additions. I can see everything for the most part, if I get stuck I'll let you know.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 6:21 am

Lot's of beautiful new baubles.

So... I just - slowly - figured it out. The theme BoTC doesn't mean it's just the past of the Wolfriders.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 2:50 pm

I'm glad to see that your computer is working again, embala! Smile
I see a lot of new baubles now O.O! Of course each one will receive my love! ^_^

I love the image you used for the link to the Calendar! I love the baubles and images go from small to bigger!

I love the black and white image of Willowgreen with all those vegetables! I love to read the story of Two-spear because of this! To all of the baubles! It's awesome that you put the link in the baubles to the original pages!

Now the calendar baubles ... santa

I love the bauble of Zarhan! It's different from the others. The gold baukground fits great with the story for some reason.

Alekah! Is she the sunvillager's first Rock-shaper? I Really love what you did with the image and the bauble! Just looks perfect to me!

I like that you put the pink/redish color in the bauble of She-wolf/Fastfire. The color fits the situation pretty well..

Young Winnowill and young Voll.. I love that the baubles are atached to each other with a small rope.

I love that you put an Candle/torch for that bonfire! A really nice thought on top the candle. As if it is fire!

I really love the rainbow coulered bauble. It fits so much with her outfit! Really nice!!

And of course we have a troll bauble!! The bauble almost looks like as if it had some fog in it, it might just be me. I like it!

And now for the Chiefs & Mates Calendar!!

Leetah's parents.. Sun-Toucher and Toorah! The gold and red colors fit them perfectly of course! I love that they both look at the same direction! Such an olf and lovely couple!

Really nice baubles of Pray-Pacer, Softfoot and Wreath! Dark blue, lightblue and white! Very nice!

Haha Petalwing, that little bugger... XD I love the background with this! Love the toadstool with it!

Hmmm.. blue mountain? Troll cave? I can't really seem to figure it out. I really like it though and the background suprisingly fits!

Oh my.. Those faces!! Shocked rofl Picknose and Oddbit!! I love that Picknos his bauble is much bigger. I really love the imaged you used! It really shows their personality!

Greywolf, Two-spear and Willowgreen! I love the pinecones background but, what I REALLY LOVE about it ... is Greywolf! It almost looks like as if he's sneaking behind those pinecones! Laughing

And as last the wavedancers couple! ... Surge and Skimmer! Love the little gold star in front of them.

I think that's all of them! Such a bunch of amazing baubles you made!! I love seeing all of them!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Aw poor Alekah. I like how she's on the bauble's edge, it adds the visual of her passing away.
Seeing Skyfire and Icetooh like that always made me wonder they were like as a couple.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2016 10:08 pm

One very overdue task first. Evil Evie has joined FTH in Advent time, shortly before her birthday and she visited the Advent thread. There's another baublehead to offer!

Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 2016_e11 - this is for you, Evil Evie  Skywise Wink

Glad to read so, G0lden! You are so looking forward to each window and have a childlike loving joy - it's important for me that you are happy with the results. Hug

Exactly, dear Redhead Ember - it's mostly about the Wolfriders. But other tribes showed glimpses of their past, too - and I wanted some diversity. I might delete the "BoTC" part in the title/motto, tho ... thinking about it for some time anyway.

You've really made it true, Wolfie! Surprised A loving comment on each of the many baubles. I love you And making some of my visitors read part of those stories is an additional reason to link it. Smile
Yurek was the first rockshaper and builder of Sorrows End and Alekah's grandfather - and an ancestor of Ahdri.
For some reason Rahnee She-Wolf insisted on this tainted pink - it fits oddly well.
Tied together and apart - this was the reason to choose those baubles for Voll and Winnowill. I've aimed to hint their problematic relationship.
Not just a Troll - a special Troll. That's Maggoty in the brass bell - Young Maggoty. ^^
Warm colors for the old Sunfolk couple - cold colors for Preypacer's problematic family ties. Made sense. Smile
Poor Petalwing got no mate ... but he hardly bothered. He was happy to make it into the CHIEFS calendar! ^^
It's the Troll cave, Wolfie - Picknose's realm. I can see how those stairs remind you of Blue Mountain. He and his Queen Oddbit look very comfortable on their fir twig bed, right? ^^
The only fitting baubles I've liked for Two-Spear and Willowgreen were those with the pines. But there were three baubles in the picture - and then I realized that there must be a third mate! Greywolf was the (soul)brother of Two-Spear and recognized to Willowgreen. Another problematic soap-opera relationship.

Yes, Alekah again ... and a death scene. The motto stands there for a reason. I've focused on her son, the one who'll go on, and this put her to the edge ot this ornament. You've pointed out that it works well for Alekah herself, too. Good eye and thought, Shadowpath!
You've clearly identified Skyfire and her lovemate Icetooth ... but this panel holds a secret. Another picture with three baubles in it - the one in the background hosts the shadow of Dreamsinger, Skyfire's recognized mate.

And ... I've noticed today that Davrille is baublehead now! bounce

Last edited by Embala on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 12:30 pm

All of the Baubles are so beautiful. I really like the troll one, its so simple!

And yay! I have my own bauble! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Very Happy

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Very nice bauble for Evil Evie!! I love that you didn't remove the text. It stands out!

Thank you for the explanation on all the baubles!

The death of Aleka .. a very nice gold bauble! I love that the image is somewhat reserved. It makes it different from all the other baubles!

Skyfire and Stonethrower! I love how shiny Skyfire's red bauble is! I really love that Stonethrower's bauble if farther away. Consider what he did and what happened after ...

Beautiful baubles again! I can't wait to see them all! santa

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 8:01 pm

Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 2016-016
Little lost glimpses ...

*chuckles* Actually the Troll king and his mate were one of the more complex and laborious ones to make. ^^ It took some editing effort to place the baubles on their nest of fir twigs. When it turned out looking easy and simple - simply right and simply good ^^ - I must have done something right. *bows*
My pleasure, Evie! *happy dance* Of course you got your own bauble. Very Happy I'm happy you like it so much!

Guessed you'd like it too, Wolfie. Skywise Wink Skywise fans among themselves. ^^ No way to erase the quote - it's a major part of that scene!
The Christmas ornament with Alekah and her son is indeed something special and different - an antique light bulb for Christmas decoration.
You totally got the reason why Skyfire and Icetooth are seperated like this, Wolfie. Hungry Wolf But ... have you spotted her recognized mate, too? Dreamsinger is hiding there.

*leaves to open the next doors for Wolfie and all the other visitors and lurkers*

Last edited by Embala on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 1:54 am

Love the new treasures, but I will admit day 8 of the BOTC has me stumped. Help please.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 5:26 am

It's Tekshu, the rockshaper who was Ahdri's grandfather.

Or maybe it's his father, Alekah's son.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 11:13 am

I see him now!! O.O I didn't saw Dreamsinger there! I did focus more on the fact that Stonetrower was further away from Skyfire, so I didn't even saw him. Kind of stupid from me, because I did saw the music notes XD

It's nice that you make so many bauble collage's from the Two-Spear story! It makes me read the whole story over again. This is a story that I never continued to read, which is a shame because I really like it! So thank you for that! Smile

WOW! I love this bauble! I really love how the snake is wrapping itself around the gold bauble! It is fitting of course, since he and all of his tribemates were battling the snakes! I mreally love the image too! Looks perfect!

Dodia and Door... I really love the background in this! Love the colors! Also like the fact that Dodia's bauble is white. It makes her look as if she's behind him. I still feel bad for her.

Again Embala, beautiful baubles!! cheers
Can't wait till tomorrow to see what you have next!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 12:06 pm

I don't think Dreamsinger appears in any of these calendars - neither the new or the old one - as far as I know he never actually appeared in the comics.
The guy with Skyfire in the old Chiefs and Mates calendar is Icetooth.

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Ohhhh. I love your choice of bauble for the snakefighter. (I can't recall if he has a name?) Adds a dimensions to the fight.
I adore the 'Another kind of hunt' bauble. It's ridge (if you can call it that?) fits so well with the pumpkin fields.
I love the branches in the background for 'Little lost glimpses'!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 5:34 pm

You keep calling it treasures, G0lden I love you Now I wonder what Skywise is really talking about ... ^^
Actually I've expected problems with THAT motive, G0lden *hug* - hardly known, tiny, upside down - very much obsured. It's from "Rock-Shaper", a New Blood tale. Just click the blue link.
Speaking of links - when you click the window panels of the 2016 calendar they will lead you to the Digital Elfquest page with this motive.

Redhead Ember was almost right - the "invisible" motive shows Alekah and her son.

And here our young chieftess is right as well - and totally wrong at the same time!
Redhead Ember wrote:
I don't think Dreamsinger appears in any of these calendars - neither the new or the old one - as far as I know he never actually appeared in the comics.
The guy with Skyfire in the old Chiefs and Mates calendar is Icetooth.
The guy on the right is Icetooth - RIGHT. And Dreamsinger doesn't appear in the comics - RIGHT.
But ... havn't I proved already that I can show a character never drawn? ^^ Dreamsinger IS in the bauble on the left - hiding behind Skyfire. Don't you see him sing? And if you look close you can even see his ghostly shadow.
(You really should read my longish comments, Redhead  Trinket - Dreamsinger's appearance was already confirmed some posts above.)

Oh no, not noticing "Dreamsinger" at first glance is not stupid at all, Wolfie! That's just nastybad baublething doing her job right. Wink
The merit for the Two-Spear scenes goes to Shadowpath - it were mainly her inspiring choices I've worked with. I'm glad that it encourages you to read those series.
The snake and that character/scene were just made for each other! "Perfect" is how I think about it, too.
Back in 2010 I wasn't sure about a "pale" Dodia. But this picture was the best to go whith Door - and it turned out so well!

I don't know a name for the snakefighter, Shadowpath. I'm happy that the snake ornament is liked so well.
There are baubles that need to be thought about and constructed - 'Another kind of hunt?' is one of them. And it turned out just like planned. Very Happy And there are baubles that simply fall together - like 'Little lost glimpses'. There was no doubt what to choose when I saw that ornament.

This post needs color - Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 2016_n11 - and some fun! Pumpkin This is for Nibblet.

Because I think that she'll lurk everywhere anyway.
Because the motive was irresistible.
Because I can. Wink

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 9:47 pm

Ah, Rivermist in a nice silver bauble! Always like her design. She looked weirdly futuristic to me. (Not sure why)
Fitting background! =D

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 11:17 pm

Embala wrote:

This is for Nibblet.

Because I think that she'll lurk everywhere anyway.

I am all the places!

Pumpkin cathat Hug cathat Pumpkin

Thank you!

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 am

Thanks for the tip Em. Love the new additons.

Nibblet's new ornament is cute and so Nibblet.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 5:15 am

Must admit I don't really look much into the old calendar...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next