Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Waiting for Christmas

Go down 
+23
Evil Evie
Shadowpath
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
Redhead Ember
LurkingCat
PCoquelin
Davrille
Tynami
Kindredsoul
Stormcatcher
Startear
Cloudbuck
faeriegirl
Leanan
Beryl
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
Wiseshaman
Nibblet
Lunakat
Tenderfoot
Twopaw
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:11 am

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 2016-015
Child's curiosity ... is this young one waiting for Christmas too?

I'm very happy you like Watersheen so much, Shadowpath. The color suits her well ... another nameless extra got her time to shine.

Sure thing you would like today's ornament, G0lden sunny - a triad instead of a couple. No way to leave Skywise out. I'm happy that the Chiefs & Mates calendar reposting brings you so much pleasure and joy.

That ... would be a nameless extra, Redhead. Fan-named Watersheen ... She is one of the characters listed in the Wolfrider's Guide for this time. I wasn't quite sure about her gender either (in the original scene her shape hints boobs, tho) ... and noted the ressemblance with Scouter as well. I can see why you connect her to Woodhue ... a possible mother?

Advent Calendar 2016 - Dark Past ... Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 2016_010 She is the link!

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 9:26 am

Oh... I see, boobs!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 11:32 am

So the girl in the bauble is namen Watersheen. I like the name!
I love the green shaped bauble! Shiny! It's almost looks like she's looking in an mirror!

Cutter, Leetah, and Skywise. Cutter Smile Leetah Smile Skywise smile My favorite trio! You chose nice images for them. I see that Skywise is half behind Cutter. Is there a special reason for that or was there not enough space for him?

Loving all those baubles! They all look beautiful! You did an amazing job on them!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 22, 2016 8:05 pm

Looking in a mirror - I like this, Wolfie. Watersheen looking in a clear forest pond ... a wishing well! ^^
I knew you'll love that triad. Your Skywise is rare prey this year. It's up to the beholder why he's half hidden behind Cutter.
- He's always one step behind him?
- He's backing up his brother?
- It's just the way the baubles are arranged?
- He likes to blink at the viewer?  Skywise Wink
- Maybe he's promising a hidden surprise ... for you?
Add whatever your imagination tells you - it will be right if you wish.
I'm very very happy that you enjoy these calendars so much, Wolfie. Happy and peaceful holidays for you. *hugs*

I will be away for the next few days. Means that I'm not able to open calendar windows or reply to the Advent thread. I'll open the windows til Christmas Eve early tonight ... and the windows for the 1st day of Christmas will be very late, as will the big Christmas picture for 2016.

The calendar will go on until January 6th  - stay tuned!

For now ... this was the Christmas greeting 2010 ...

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 2010_c10

... Santa seems to have a minor argument about a very specific deer.  rendeer

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 Merryc10

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 1:22 am

Oh the Go-Backs lodge. I like the clear one of the cavern, so very cool.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 6:00 am

Young Reef. Well... that answers that question. I'd been wondering for a while if Reef was his original name, or just something he came up with when Moonmirror asked for a name.

And Oakroat and Winterleaf, so cute.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 11:09 am

It's nice to see the Christmas greeting 2010 again! Still love the image!
I hope you have a very good and nice christmas this year, Embala! *hugs*

Young Reef!! I have never seen this one before! I would have never guessed it ould be him! Such an nice image.. he looks so happy! I love the shape og the bauble with the blue sea color!

I'm in love with the baubles of Winterleaf and Oakroot. It's my favorite image of them together. It's so cute! I love this very much! I can't help but smile when I see this!

Timmorn!! I love what you did with the images. It looks different from the others but, I really love how this one turned out! I love that you used two images in the background! Love the different shape of the bauble! Very nice!

Go-backs lodge! I love how you made this one with an ice kind of background. I love that you used a bit of purple in the bauble.

rendeer I wish you all Happy Holidays and a Happy new year!! santa

Last edited by wolfmoonsky on Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LurkingCat

LurkingCat

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2016 2:11 pm

Due to work I hadn't the time to visit the forum in the last weeks, it was a stressful time. But now Winter solstice is behind us, the days are getting longer again and with the sun my mood also raises again sunny

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 Giphy

I hope you all are well and I wish you all happy holidays! santa rendeer

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 8:16 pm

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 Merryc10

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 2016_x10

Last edited by Embala on Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 25, 2016 11:57 pm

Lovely new additions

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 10:27 am

Child's curiosity I haven't seen this one, so must have missed it!
I remember that scene!! I wonder who that child was. Nice name for the collage! Fits perfect!

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to you as well, Embala! *hugs*
Such an beautiful Christmas collage of Oakroot and his tribe! I love it, it's very colorfull! I love the images of his tribe in the crystal christmas tree! Very nice done!

Oakroot with his mother starflower! Mother and son hugging, such a beautiful bauble! I love the ornaments around the bauble and the fact that a figure that looks like Winterleaf in next to the bauble! Very nice!

And this time Oakroot with his Father and chief Freefoot. These two baubles are looking pretty sad. The scene is pretty sad but, also heartwarming and special. I love the golden colors of the baubles. I love that you made Oakroot smaller behind Freefoot.

Love the Oakroot addition!!  Very Happy

Next is ... The 12 Nights 2016 - Villians, Rogues and Monsters

Where it all begin! I didn't expect to see those tree little trolls in here but, consider what they did, they fit in here perfectly! I love the colors of the bauble and the red stripes that go through them.

The Palace and the Howling Rock!! It's nice to see those two here as well! you choose beautiful images of them! I specially love the mountain background by the Howling rock! That's can't be more perfect!

Nice work embala!!

Last edited by wolfmoonsky on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 11:34 pm

Love the new additions. Especially Ember and Teir, our new power couple.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 26, 2016 11:44 pm

The cosy lodge for Christmas Eve ... the likelyhood with a Christmas crèche was a bit cheesy but very tempting. The extra kudos for the background make me happy, G0lden - it took some effort to choose one and make it fit in. The cavern is actually a small space behind icicles. ^^
Ember and Teir ... "old art" from the lovemates calendar. I love you It was high time for this chief to surface.
There will be another week and some more new additions - maybe even a new sight showing up in the old Chiefs & Mates calendar in the end!

Reef is indeed his original name. Ember I try to make fans curious and learn more about less known characters, Redhead - Mission accomplished! And as far as Christmas goes - only pleasant and heartwarming baubles for the Holidays. Oakroot bonding is perfect!

Thank you for your Christmas wishes, Wolfie. I had a joyful time. This old Christmas piece was fun to make ... tho I'd try to improve the layout nowadays.
I like the Wavedancers ... and I've always liked Reef's background story. He was predestined to show up in the "Dark Past" calendar ... and I did my best to choose a flattering ornament. This very obscured background is from the comic as well ... can you see Winnowill?
I knew that little Oakroot and Winterleaf can work Christmas magic. They made you happy and smile - and now YOU make me smile! Very Happy
I've decided to stick with heartwarming scenes and little Oakroot for the 1st Christmas day. (I know Freefoot is a typo) The decorated ornament reminds me of old votive paintings - especially with a Mother and Child scene inside. Almost too much ... but they wanted to move in. In fact the figure that looks like Winterleaf - is Winterleaf! Some baublemaker magic. ^^
And last not least Father and Son for 2nd Christmas day. I've tried to keep the layout of this original scene as much as possible.  It turned out strangely sad ... actually it's more of a thoughtful scene. But that's okay - Oakroot could count on his parents in happy and sad times. Good to know that the heartwarmng part shows through.

Timmorn got a special design for his "12 Nights" appearance. He's not a bad guy ... and I was not going for human werwolf fantasies either. This ornament symbolizes the disbalance - how he was torn between Wolfsong and Starsong. Thus the three images of him ...
You are right with the ice, Wolfie - icicles in fact. And the winter scene with the lodge always had a purple hue ... a purple mood for me.
The Proto-Trolls ... it's up to the beholder to decide why they are here among the villians and monsters. Because they were - from the Coneheads' pov - monsters who caused their crash and exile on the WoTMs? Because rebellion always includes violence and damage? Because ... the lack of understanding the Trolls true needs and underestimation of their developement finally caused the rebellion? Make up your mind. The red spatters can symbolize blood as well as rage - it turned out well with their expressions. Last not least I've chosen those ornaments for another reason - the wall stucture and vines hint rock, earth and roots ... their future underground realm.

I like the Palace window. All the drops in the background ... I see them as other spheres ... the moment when the Coneheads left their dying home planet to spread in space. And I'm happy that the Howling Rock scene was and still is liked so much. I've struggled with this one pretty much. Thank you for all the praise, Wolfie. There will be more.

Obviously you have not missed the Child's Curiosity scene, Wolfie - just postponed the discovery.  Hungry Wolf The title was chosen by Shadowpath, as most others too. I like the tiny bit of green and red mirrored in the ornament and the "moonlike" light reflection. It's like a promise of Christmas ... or magic. And the tissue imitates a snow desert.
I wanted to try something new for the Christmas scene - a more modern approach on this ancient scene. An almost classic Christmas gathering ... presented in an unusual way. I'm glad you like the result! Very Happy

I love your Christmas tree, LurkingCat! *claps* That's really unique - almost realistic at first glimpse  - and even the blinking lights make sense finally!
Quote :
Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 Cat-tr10
This cat tree is purrfect!
I hope your working schedule will slow down and the stress level drop. Good to know you can look forward to longer days and sun now. Guten Rutsch! ^^

I got this for my birthday. Very Happy It fits too well not to show it here!
Elwing wrote:
Cake for you Em!!!
Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 Christ11
I got bauble muffins! bounce

Last edited by Embala on Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:16 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 12:24 pm

I love the cats Christmas tree, LurkingCat! It looks awesome!

Such cute bauble muffins!
Thank you for your reactions on my reactions, Embala! I love reading them!

Nice to see Graywolf! I love what you did with the image.

Timmain and Adya! I readed that story yesterday. Poor Adya and poor Timmain! It's a really nice little bauble! I get a night feeling from it.

Ember and Tier!  Ember  Tier Happy  I love this one! Beautiful red baubles. I love how Ember is looking up at him and Teir is looking down at her with so much love! The background makes makes me more focused on the baubles. I love that Embers bauble is bigger! It makes Teirs bauble more far away. I really love the heartshaped bauble of Tier. Nice job!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 2016-021
Nightwatch

Very Happy You are welcome, Wolfie! Very Happy I like to read about my visitors thouhgts ... and like to share my own.
I've tried to make Greywolf a bit different ... glad you like. And he's part of a duo - stay tuned!
Timmain mourning Adya's death is supposed to represent "loss" in the calendar. I like that the reflection in the bauble imitates the moon.
The young chieftess and her lovemate. This heart felt so right for him! Thanks again for the praise and the joy you express. *hugs*

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 2:21 am

Interesting baubles today. Love them all.

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 8:46 am

Such an Beautiful big Bauble of Stonetrower!! I love the blue color and this is on of my favorite image him!

Willowgreen and her Pumpkin! I love the image you used. An image where she doesn't look sad. It's a very nice little bauble. I wonder what happened to her after they left Kahvi..

I forgot about those Swordfeet!Nice to reread the story again! Very nice image you used of it!

Grohmul Djun and Winnowill “Lady Venovel” I didn't expect that couple but, I'm glad you made them. Love the green and red bauble. Specially love the images you used, they seem perfect to me! I love the background you used.

Again a great job Embala!
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 10:15 am

So many pretties I have missed.
Love the mother-and-son, father-and-son theme of the Christmas days.
Poor Greywolf has fallen over.
And Willowgreen (?) with a huge pumpkin. I'm trying to come up with a dirty joke about this.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm always happy when you enjoy what I can offer, G0lden. sunny

I'm aware that I've totally "retconned" the meaning of that scene with Stonethrower. Like you I've always liked this picture, Wolfie. Without the knowledge of 'before' and  'after' its so caring ... almost nurturing. I've reinterpreted scenes so often for my collages, even turned them upside down into the opposite at times - I could do it here too and enhance what I've seen. Smile
Almost a tender scene between Willowgreen and the pumpkin in tender colors ... like craddling a child. I've seriously felt sorry for the pumpkins when Two-Spear had his temper tantrum. Of course I felt sorry for the planters and the veggie eaters ... but also for the pumpkins itself.
I had just the right bauble handy for this roaring beast! Laughing And it was nice to go for a "typical baddie" among all the symbolism and double meanings this year.
Grohmul Djun - he gave me one more chance to include humans in this calendar - and Lady Venovel was the the mate we got to know. A mate in evil ... and a one-time furmate.
Thank you for all the praise and comments, Wolfie - and for your smile. Very Happy

I've figured you were on a Christmas vacation of some sort, Redhead. Ember The pretties Very Happy were waiting patiently for you.
I hoped you would like the family scenes for Christmas as you've really enjoyed the Cutter+Cub baubles last year.
Greywolf fallen over ... hehe ... let's say his world is slightly unbalanced!
O.O ... a dirty joke would be the last that comes to my mind about pumpkins! XD And it is Willowgreen - as the link proves. ^^

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 1:33 am

Nice to see the addition of Dart, Kimo, and Dart's first lovemate.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 7:00 am

Well, I couldn't see it was her in the comic. My guess was based on the fact that it looked like the guy she was with had a chief's knot, which - of course - would make him Two-Spear.
So, I didn't recognize Willowgreen. Good thing too, I don't think I look like Greywolf.

As for the dirty joke. Well... it's a good thing there wasn't two pumpkins in that scene, coz then you could go:
Wow! That's some huge pumpkins Willowgreen got there!

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 9:59 am

You're very welcome, Embala! *hugs*

This is not an image that I would expect in here. I like the bauble. To me it looks like some kind of thingy from an necklace! Nice.

Blackmane! Where it all begin with the madness of Two-spear! You used the best image of him for the The 12 Nights! He looks scary! I love the star shaped bauble! It's very different!

Dart, Kimo and serrin! Didn't expect those tree but, I'm really glad they do! I do wonder thoug, why these tree together? I love the blue color of their baubles! It's looks like they're walking behind him. Kimo seems worried about Dart. Is there a reason why Serrin is so far in the corner? I like how it turned out! The golden Christmas garlands makes it look like they're walking trough straw!

There aren't many more left. You're Almost Done. I'm going to miss it this but everything comes to an end. Keep it up, Embala!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 2016-110
Showing your inevitable true face now, little wolf chief?

Good guess, Redhead ^^... and we don't want to overload Willowgreen with Recognitions, do we? Wink Besides this I doubt sideburns would suit you.
Ah... this kind of "pumpkins" XD ... as Willowgreen is a healer she could easily grow those, too - or mend it! Wink

The hut is another daily life item - and a symbol for the Humans trying to settle down. The bauble is special indeed. The flat side is supposed to present a paper figure - i.e. a saint. I've removed it and made it my own canvas. ^^
You are right with Blackmane, Wolfie, this was the most frightening shot I could get. Blackmane stands for many faces of evil. For killing cattle (Humans pov), for allowing him to stir things up and for how he was killed (Two-Spear's pov). The star ornament was a case of "Why did I collect this ugly thing anyway?" and turned into "Just perfect for my purpose!" ... the reddish stains included.
Dart, Kimo and Serrin ... why those three? Well, I thought: It's Chiefs & Mates - who was his mate when Dart was a chief?
He was with Shushen when he was the leader of the Jackwolf-Riders in the Sunvillage. He wasn't really a chief at this time - a hunt leader at the best with Savah and Suntoucher in charge for the people. When he left to explore the Forevergreen he was fully in charge for his group and acted as a true chief in my opinion. And the closest mate he had at this time was Kimo. And Serrin was still his recognized mate - far away and not lifemated anymore.
The other explanation would be: The baubles were placed this way. ^^ Chose the explanation you prefer.

Still more than a week to go, Wolfie ... much time and room for many pictures. And for your surprise. Wink

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 1:04 am

Interesting additions today. I love the tree baubles, too cool.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 30, 2016 7:11 am

Nice Owl-bauble.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for Christmas   Waiting for Christmas - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiting for Christmas
Page 18 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next