Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?

Go down 
+14
Davrille
Vaeri
Prayer
sueb
Miss Gillespie
Startear
wingthing
Kojiyumi
Leanan
manga
Outlier
Redhead Ember
G0lden
Embala
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sueb

sueb

Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Agree that having Leetah have another child seems pointless since the story was coming to an end and we'll never find out anything about this one, not even what his name is.

I thought it odd that Cutter apparently didn't feel the need to fight for life since he knew Leetah was pregnant. It reminded me of Padme's pointless death at the end of Revenge of the Sith - apparently neither of them felt their unborn\ newborn children were worth sticking around for.

Also - why couldn't Cutter Jr. have been a redhead? Cutter already has a blond son. Would have liked to see him be a redhead, just for variety's sake.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 4:16 am

Cutter knew it was too late. The only way he could have fought for his life would be by having Leetah heal him at the expense of Shuna's life.

Saying that Cutter should have fought for his life is the same as saying Eyes High should have fought for her life. In both cases it was too late!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 11:10 am

Just a question ... Why not ask Rayek to bring him closer to Leetah just to increase his chance a bit? (still without saying anything to ensure Shuna's healing first - tho I think that the "Shuna must live for any cost" is a rather contrieved construct). And then there were Preservers ... just in case Leetah actually was too exhausted.

It's not so much Cutter's death as such that's bugging - but this "unCUTTERish" fatalism. And this d*** "embracing death because it's like shedding a feather". And this from a character who was so full of life and energy and plans.

If this is supposed to be progress, I don't understand it. It's a kind of developement, yes ... but there is no compelling reason for this developement in the story. At least I cannot see it.
And then there's still the threat - or is it supposed to be a hope? - that Cutter's soul-spark will reunite with Timmain's spirit and become comepletely extinct as an individual.

Last edited by Embala on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 12:03 pm

Because the World decided when Cutter's life was going to end. He died content, knowing that his kids - all four of them - would be fine.
"Cutlet" will grow up surrounded by loving family, he will know - and understand - that the Way means that sometimes fathers die.

(Though I'd admit that the whole endless war bit was a bit contrieved; surely Cutter would have picked his daughter's life over his own anyway.)

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
... surely Cutter would have picked his daughter's life over his own anyway.)
That's something we totally agree on.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Embala wrote:
Redhead Ember wrote:
... surely Cutter would have picked his daughter's life over his own anyway.)
That's something we totally agree.

Yup. Yay for something to agree on!

Still don't understand why no one thought to call for the Preservers who were RIGHT THERE. I get that he didn't want to cheat death but if that were the case, why didn't he tell Rayek to leave him in the toppling Father Tree? Rayek had JUST saved him from death... giving in and letting the spider bite get him - when there were reasonable alternatives - just doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 2:17 pm

When Cutter got that squirrel bite the World decided that it wasn't his time yet. (And we all know that unlike spider bites, which are 'perfect', squirrel bites are just 'stupid'.)
When Cutter was gutted by that troll spear the World decided that it wasn't his time yet.
When Cutter, in his madness, was almost eaten by a bunch of hungry wolves the World - and the wolves - decided that it wasn't his time yet.
When Cutter almost died from exhaustion due to aforementioned madness the World decided that it wasn't his time yet.
When Cutter almost got crushed by a falling branch the World decided that it wasn't his time yet.
When Cutter was bitten by a deadly spider the World decided that his time had come.

As for putting him in wrapstuff; it's entirely possible that Petalwing alone couldn't work quick enough for the suspended animation to start before Cutter died.

BTW...

Embala wrote:
And then there's stzill the threat - or is it supposed to be a hope? - that Cutter's soul-spark will reunite with Timmain's spirit and become comepletely extinct as an individual.

We already know what happened to Cutter's spirit! It's literally stated purple-on-white.

Sending 2 So, my wild Wolfrider self happiest of spirits! Able to be here with me and everywhere! Sending 2

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Sending 2 So, my wild Wolfrider self happiest of spirits! Able to be here with me and everywhere! Sending 2
Point taken, Redhead Ember

sueb

sueb

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 23, 2018 8:37 pm

I wish we could have actually seen Cutter's happy spirit, instead of Timmain simply telling us about it.  
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 7:21 am

Embala wrote:
Anshu ... rofl Let's stick with Cutlet in this case. ^^

... or Lightstep. Somehow it goes well with the Freefoot connection I've drawn. ^^
Though ... Lightstep sounds very familiar to me, Startear. Was it ... Leetah's name in Outlier's AU? Still strangely fitting then. Wink

In Sofia's AU, Embala, but you are correct. It still seems fitting forthe cub though, though I am holding second thoughts on the Ahnshu now, damn it. XD

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 1:51 pm

Maybe the word for "step" is something other than "shu".

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2018 5:46 pm

Thanks for "sorting" the AUs for me, Startear.

Still wonder about the name I'd give him. Lightpath. Sunpath. Fits with his brother.
Too positive ... too much light for "this" Cutlet. But he doesn't look like Moonpath.

sueb

sueb

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 8:36 pm

It'd be easier to name him if we knew something about him. But we don't, and we never will, unless the Pinis decide to do more stories somewhere down the line.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 5:32 am

I think they've pretty much stated that there will be other stories, written by other people.

And, I'm actually not so sure it'll require new stories to learn his name.
We only learnt about Lutei's name because of an online fan letter.
We only learnt of the majority of the Chosen Eights' names due to a centre spread.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 07, 2018 6:33 pm

Drawn by other people is a good a idea but WRITTEN by other people? That would feel like a mere fanfiction.

Also Wendy must have already had a personality in mind when drawing Cutter jr... because usually first comes the idea and THEN comes the design of a character according to the at least a few character traits in mind.

She should tell us instead of teasing us with one drawing of Cutter's son without telling the readers even a name. Obviously disappointing, isn't it... :-(

Fan cruelty much? :-(

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 6:35 am

Quite a lot of stories were written by other people.

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 7:10 am

True but I would have loved to know what Wendy had in mind while drawing Cutlet. :-)

Of course it's up to Wendy and Richard to ultimately give the future story to other creators as they partly did before. Actually fans can be happy to see more while other creators forbid to let their stories go on by other artist. Like Sailor Moon for example. Fans wished for new anime story arcs but all they got was a remake of the old arc in a new, more "modern" drawing style. New official stories the creator Naomi Takeuchi forbid.

Maybe I'm just not over the many loose ends in Final Quest yet...
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 7:40 am

Maybe all Wendy had in mind was "Let's make it a boy, I'll leave the rest to the new artists."

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 8:24 am

Maybe. After all, open endings are common in storytelling. They are supposed to be open to leave the rest to the imagination...*sigh*

Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Did you guys see this?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Now I have! XD Thanks for the link, manga Very Happy

... I'll stick with Cutlet for the time being Twisted Evil

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 3:01 pm

i'm kind of puzzled and spooked! dunno if it was pointed out by anyone yet, but it seems our little lad finally got a Who's Who page...but the details on it definitely has me looking over my shoulder so to speak!

http://elfquest.com/chad/

has anyone called him Cutlet outside of the forum?? i kinda thought it was unique to our forum but maybe not...or are the Pini Spy's here, spying on us?!! Pike Stunned

also considering they say don't hold your breath waiting for his real name...it's either a red herring or they are never gonna name this poor kid. Cutter Growl
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 pm

Vaeri wrote:

has anyone called him Cutlet outside of the forum??

Yes,

Vaeri wrote:
Pini Spy's here, spying on us?!! Pike Stunned

We're not important enough to spy on. Paranoia is bad for the soul.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:05 pm

Davrille wrote:

Vaeri wrote:
Pini Spy's here, spying on us?!! Pike Stunned

We're not important enough to spy on. Paranoia is bad for the soul.

That's just what the Pini Spy's spying on us would say!!*shifty eyes*

Nah but seriously it took me by surprise to see that nickname on the official page!
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 6:33 pm

*sssh* No rumors. ^^ This happened long ago. I agree with Davrille that our little community is of no interest to spy on anymore.

"Cutlet" isn't far-fetched either. Pretty sure more than just one fan came up with this term ... here and on Facebook and in other Holts alike. Actually I think I've seen posts reffering to Cutter's youngest this way on FB in the very beginning - before it was replaced by "Chad".
Actually I was also surprised that this name was mentioned officially on elfquest.com, Vaeri. The term seems to be more common among fans than I've thought.

I wonder whether we will lern about the cub's true name in Stargazer's Hunt.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?   Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Goldruff, formerly dubbed "Cutlet" - the true Cutter?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next