Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Glad you like the chocolate picture. I am obsessed with chocolate so I even draw my chocolate snack lol.

You got DM, too! 😘

Romans 12:12

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.die-wandfee.jimdo.com
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Last few days were crazy ... doesn't look like it will get better right now.
I lurk. I enjoy what I see. Very Happy Very much so! Too tired for much more. I'll be back to comment later on the new gems. Just this ...

You wait for input, Vaeri. And as you talk of being "as accurate as possible" I'll be nitpicky. ^^ Embala's color palette:
- skin: check
- eyes: too dark
- her eyes are supposed to be light blue, a bit darker than her hair color ... sometimes with an icy glance.
- hair: check
- clothing (Embala): check
- alternate colors (Merbala): it works, but ... for her "generic" look it's too light in general. The turquoise is darker, dreener ... more like teal and thus clearly distinct from Vaeri's look. Silver and blue would be just "spice" (like pepper and salt ^^) in her color palette. Same hair color as Embala.
- the "alternate coloring" in blue and silver I've mentioned ... the blue would be like what you haveright now in the upper row for her eyes.

This one was created by Moonmoss I love you ... and I consider it the most accurate appearance of Merbala
Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Merbal10 - her "canon" look.

On this other hand ... I enjoy variety and love each version of Embala I'll possibly get. Very Happy Heck - my own dollz of Embala/Merbala hardly ever meet the requirements I've just defined. ^^ Feel free to color her in a way that looks fine for you and fits in ... just like you did before, Vaeri. It.is.amazing.!

View user profile
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 8:49 pm

Nitpicks are fine! I want you to be happy with the colors. I can redo the palette for the eyes. If you want you can give me a hex code for the base color and i can work from that.

I did have the tail even lighter but darkened it to the current...but i can do darker. Noted. Change accent blue..i presume base color would be the eyes iris and pupil color. Got it. I'll make adjustments tonight!

Please guys nitpick. My OCD demands accuracy with peoples character colors!!*foams* lol

EDIT: okay went back and fixed the mermaid picture of Vaeria and Embala! and i also update my palette sheet. let me know if these new colors are better Embala, and Katcombs, please let me know if these colors work for Tynami! and of course finished the Tynami picture.^^ i tried more shading....does it look okay??>.<

palette:

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Tynami10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 3:48 am

WOW! Tynami turned out so BEAUTIFUL! I love youI love youI love you🌊🌊🌊🙏🙏🙏😊 You did an amazing job, Vaeri! All the colors are very fitting in my opinion and the background is just the beach like I imagined!
You added details like the foam and the more lush leaves, too.

Thank you so much for coloring this piece.
The pinis should hire you instantly!

By the way could you add to Prayer's colour palette - - as alternative colours-

"light pink" (hex code #FFDEF2 )
and "pure white"?

That would be awesome! Take your time, please. 💖

Last edited by Prayer on Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 3:53 am

@ Embala: Ahhh I love the canon Embala! Such a classic, timeless beauty.

Shade and sweet water 🌊🍃
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 5:57 am

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Square17
Prayer and her first son Breeze as wavedancers. Hope you like them. 🌊😊

Prayer's wavedancer colours are her alternate colors pure white and light pink. Her hair and eyes are still the same.
Breeze is blonde and has green blue eyes like my son in real life. Like his father. His colours are light blue and sky blue as well as light green. 😊🌊🌊

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 11:31 am

i had only to pull upon my lifetime experience to color this...XD i grew up on beaches, and i kinda miss them now that i've moved so far away. the leaves, foam and clouds were, get this, brushes! i remember everyone complaining about Sonny and Wendy using brushes...guess i'm showing i can use them better :p

thank you very much, that makes me giggle. i really do wish some comic place WOULD hire me...but alas, until then, it's a hobby.^^

i will gladly add these to the palette! thank you for the hex code, always appreciated.^^

and ohhhhh my goooosh this newest picture is just TOO CUTE!! did your son ask for this, and was he looking over your shoulder while you drew?^^ i'm rather loving all these merelf pictures!

so her tail would be pink and her fins would be white? and Breeze's tail would be light blue with sky blue flukes? of course the seaweed is green.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 12:08 pm

I am amazed how you make use of brushes. You're the official coloring and brushes QUEEN! 💖✨✨✨✨✨✨✨Sorry to hear you're missing the beach though, I hope you can visit the seaside often!

I am crossing fingers that you will get into the comic industry. You radiate talent and a good education in colors, shades, hex colours etc.!

Yes, my son saw the drawing and was so happy to see himself as a merboy *chuckles* I draw them colouring pages, too.

I give you create freedom in choosing of which parts to color in which color. I am trusting you and and simply KNOW I will love it! You may as well work with a white-pink gradient for prayer because her scales go up to her breast. But just do intuitively what you feel like really. Thank you so much, you are amazing! 😘💖I love you💖

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyWed Jul 10, 2019 12:18 pm

you know how some people just know how something is suppose to work? it seems that way with me and colors. i tend to know just what colors will best match with other colors. perhaps i should be an interior designer instead XDD your new title for me makes me laugh though! very flattering as well, thank you.^^

ahhh i'm a complex case...i love and miss the sea, but i hate the sun! i try to stay as pale as possible. but i have many many wonderful memories of the beach...and my boyfriend says we can go at some point if i want to.

i don't know about really getting into the comic industry...i actually have no idea how that would work! do you send a resume or portfolio to them? XD i never had much education in art actually....just art classes in high school. i never did much hand drawing either when i thought about it yesterday and mentioned it to a coworker. i've been tracing since early elementary actually....a very long time when i stop to think about it, yikes! XD probably a little over 2 decades worth of tracing experience! i probably would of loved having a mom like you, someone who could draw me my own coloring pages...lol. always did love coloring books too. though i'd probably ask for stuff like "draw me in Belle's dress! draw me as a mermaid! draw me as a sailor scout!" XDD

oh boy, freedom again...XD i actually have an art trade where i offered to design a dress for someones character, and they largely gave me free reign as well because they hadn't thought much of it! this can always end either very well or very badly....XD but very well, i shall use my inborn "color sense" to decide what would look best for Prayer! after i finish the trio with the chocolate treats....XD

incidentally, i'm quite obsessed with chocolate too! my boyfriend often picks on me, because i love buying chocolate cakes or mousse from the bakery at stores. forgot to say that before.^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 am

You really have that colouring GIFT. ❤And I am happy you share it with us!🙆✨✨✨🙋

How about you create a portfolio with various artworks as well as work in progress examples, add a curriculum vitae and send it to various comic companies? You deserve a wider audience!

Tehee I am glad we agree on chocolate. So much better than other sweets. ^^ My hubby gets sometimes angry too when I need a bit of chocolate every day. "Chocolate again...????" , He says. But then he goes on buying me chocolate too because that is just how to make me happy. ^^

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 3:50 am

Hehe thank you! And i'm happy you share your art with us too.

Well i tried offering my services as a colorist online...but i've only had one person hire me ^^0 what on earth is a curriculum vitae?

Ohh our men can be frustrating! But at least they're mostly supportive...lol chocolate makes anything even a little better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 am

I would like to quote PC because I love his quote: "Sharing makes richer!" 😊I love you

A curriculum vitae is just another word for résumé. In Germany we Just say "Vita". Wow, you've been hired once, that's great! Well, just don't give up and don't forget to customize your art for each comic company. They love to see personalized art that fits their content.

Agreeing on chocolate obsession making life worthwhile! 😁😁😁tongue🍫🍫🍫

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 7:38 am

Just a little scetch of the different wavedancer styles of Prayer, Vaeri and Embala. Usually I draw the tails mich longer but this is supposed to be a "miniature version" just for the sake of displaying their aquatic features. Sometimes, when I see how Sunstream looks as a wavedancer I want to try something new and bold....but then again I want it still to look aesthetically appealing... Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Crabby

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Square21

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 12, 2019 2:09 pm

This is so cool! I am really loving the design sheet sketches!!^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 14, 2019 4:23 pm

took a little longer to finish...but finish i did!^^ what a cute picture of this trio, Vaeri, Embala and Prayer! so cute. and i love seeing the different colors between them! especially Vaeri and Embala...they're like opposites! Embala is Icy Starlight while Vaeri is Vibrant Sunlight. and Prayer is Gentle Serenity.^^

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Trio_t10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 1:33 pm

Somehow I missed the posts on here, ack!

Tynami's pallet ideas Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Dainb7r-d8d37787-4c8c-4002-9e05-5abf58d5086f.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzg2MTM5MjA1LWZjOTItNDU1Yy05MDI2LTgwNGI0N2Q2MGZiZFwvZGFpbmI3ci1kOGQzNzc4Ny00YzhjLTQwMDItOWUwNS01YWJmNThkNTA4NmYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 5960277_FeAsNPs2gCwQRXD Though I like your designs for her necklace more.. The arm bands don't look quite right on her, this is an old doll of her. The micro bands are more the right color. I need to remicro her with a simplified necklace. The hair, skin, necklace, bracelet and top colors you have are perfect, the green, bottom and wraps are a bit too light. Her eyes are a blue-green.

Tynami does look amazing in color and I just adore the background!!! Ty is such a fun gal! She looks like she's upto no good in color, hehe. Prayer as a wavedancer turned out beautifully, I just love how you did her scales all the way up! Gives her a really unique look Very Happy 

I know Prayer loves wavedancers with fins, so here are a few Smile
Flight https://file.toyhou.se/images/5670838_ty9VVnwKoFk0TTj.png
Tywaves https://file.toyhou.se/images/5686763_72X9l6jsqFS5Ytd.png https://file.toyhou.se/images/5686767_J1zLllwhTGCQvxR.gif

Then some of the newest ones:
Clamshine https://file.toyhou.se/images/12704904_6RYkBNmgZuG7Bfz.jpg
Faith https://file.toyhou.se/images/12597175_A87rPIbhOVjviqf.png
Seabreeze https://file.toyhou.se/images/5657613_c6Dy9tFhdlioJRc.png
Stormcaller https://file.toyhou.se/images/5657795_0izy0ESMqNfzGYo.jpg
Young Twitterfin https://file.toyhou.se/images/5657950_N2QG9cNKfdea1Oj.png

I do love those design sketches, they will totally help if I ever get around to spriting finned Vaeri and Prayer. The colored chocolate pic is adorable!!! The colors look really great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://toyhou.se/katcombs
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 5:00 pm

Greatly appreciate it katcombs! I've been waiting apprehensivly for your feedback!^^ so her wraps need to be more brown and more green to her eyes, and her bottoms and plants need to be darker. I'll see about fixing the palette tonight.

I'm happy you like the colorings!^^

Love the wavedancers! Tywave is my favorite, what beautiful colors!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Lurks. Very Happy Adores. I love you Dreams.

Thank you for the beauty. For the love and the gifts.

View user profile
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 1:52 am

so hopefully i got the colors right...and i can't remember when Prayer's getting back but hopefully this'll be a nice lil "welcome back!" thing.^^

i'm not sure if it shows, but i made Mer-Prayer's tail a gradient from white to her light pink...with a much lighter pink in between. had to do the gradient by hand cause uh...tool won't do curves...XD and then a white to pink gradient on the fins...so i think it makes a very nice layered look. also put a nice kind of iridescent look to her shoulder fins cause she needed something PRETTY! and i gave Breeze the same skin as his mom, and gave him a gradient tail like his mom! cause genetics...XD but it's suppose to be the light blue going to sky blue.

and i had fun with the background...nice sandy shallow area for the little one.^^ with of course goldfish! cause kids generally like goldfish right?^^0

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Parent10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 5:12 pm

so another lil treat for you guys...i think earlier in the thread i mentioned my literal elfself, Fairbreeze? well she's finally got color! took some time to ink and color her sketch that my friend drew...tried to stay true to how my colors are in life...^^0 if she looks kinda yellowy, yes, i am yellowy...dunno why. and i have this brownish/blackish hair which i'm positive is brown cause i have red/gold highlights in the sun. but yah, my friend took some pictures of me, and drew Fairbreeze from those references...like 5 years ago. hope you guys like her!

She's a glider if i remember correctly...but she's also a Dragonrider! cause i love dragons with a passion.

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Fairbr10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Oho! She looks great! I love the colours. They're strong, but they harmonize with each other. I love the design of her clothes! Fancy, playful, but not in the way. (Those boots would give me so much trouble)

View user profile
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 6:27 pm

thank you very much!^^ my boyfriend said the colors were very me...and blue and purple are my favorite colors!

my friend did excellently with the clothes...if i recall when she drew it, she said she knew i'd like something floaty and kinda High-Oney. and i think a little Sailor Moon was thrown in as well...XD i do love fancy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katcombs

katcombs

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 6:34 pm

EEK! I LOVE Fairbreeze!! Will definitely try to sprite her sometime soon for you Very Happy She's kinda like my literal selfelf Liandra as it's MUCH to late to give Tynami or Change brown hair, hehe. Totally different than the main elf I use and actually looks like me... well, except her bodyshape (for Liandra) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://toyhou.se/katcombs
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 pm

i'm glad to hear that katcombs! always such a relief when people like your character <3 that would be way cool to see Fairbreeze as a sprite, thank you!!! yeah Fairbreeze is a lot more slender than i am...XD and her hair is much longer, though i wish i could get my hair that long! otherwise, everything is about spot on.

i'm gonna have to try and use her more often...so now i got my little trio: Vaeri, Tidemist and Fairbreeze!!<3 the unholy trinity lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 4:21 am

Ahhh I love how you colored the pictures! They are all GORGEOUS!  💖💖💖👏👏👏 Sorry I can't find the right words! Crying or Very sad  The backgrounds are amazingly and very creatively added! The goldfish are cute! Color palettes are all well chosen. Thank youuuu! You are right our self elves look are very distinct their character and personalities. You describe them very poetically...😊😍

Fair Breeze looks lovely and like a royal glider princess!💖💖

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next