Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elf selves: Time to shine

Go down 
+11
Prayer
Tynami
Vaeri
Shadowpath
Sofia
wolfmoonsky
jaRf
Sifra
Evil Evie
Embala
PCoquelin
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2018 12:08 pm

the colors are lovely, the like fading from one color to another.^^ it looks very nice and kind of dreamy. her eyes in color remind me of Savah's! and funny enough as i was lining the original..i realized she kinda looks like a combination of Savah and Leetah in hair! but i really like how much..poof she has! it feels like it helps to seperate her from Leetah, who i kinda feared Vaeri would look too much like.

there honestly isn't much of anything to improve on this! the poses are exquisite and just the sort i like, i was always more of a full frontal or 3/4 view type of person, i don't like sideviews all too much. she feels playful but elegant and wise. the only thing i had changed was the lines under her eyes in her bust shot, just because the way i did it made her look a touch too old...XD

and i did have to change her starburst pendant after double checking the drawing i had done...she actually has a seven point star. kind of like an X with a line through the center going horizontal, then a point through the top. but these are small details and i'm not overly concerned, i still love what you drew!

i will finish coloring her, i'm just...kinda stuck cause i don't know what color to use for her trims, like on her shoulders and the borders of her skirt!! XD

since you're curious, i dug up my old drawing i did for the Chief's Line in Vaeri's world...get the eye bleach ready, these are OLD and handdrawn....XD

https://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/art/Line-of-Chiefs-195839055

so of course the line starts with Timmorn. but rather than a daughter in Rahnee, he has Kafir the Healer. then Tarleh with mind-control powers. Shapesearcher with shapechanging. Hawk with fireshaping. Lifegiver with healing. Nightstar with fireshaping. Leafwhistle with plantshaping. Arrowhand with mind-control powers. Tamer with rockshaping/crystalshaping. Flowerheart with plantshaping. and Flowerheart's daughter Dawnflash whom is still unknown what her powers will be.

i really kinda want to change some of the names and powers...like doing away with the mind control, what was i thinking? XD maybe add a levitating chief, or another shapeshifter, or another rockshaper.

and "Raincatcher?" https://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/art/Vaeri-and-Raincatcher-195006438 this is what he was originally designed as...but it seems so boring and generic. i never did design their daughter. as i said, lots of things that require updating, redesign or just design in general.

i think i'd also include that some Sun Villagers aside from Vaeri survived...sort of a second "Palace landing"esque tragedy.

perhaps after i finish coloring Vaeri, i'll go through and redraw the Line of Chiefs...god knows i can do so much better now with a nice base or two. XD perhaps develope them more and give them background stories, give you something to read Prayer! :p i'm like that, i love having things to read.<3
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2018 6:08 am

Glad you like how I drew Vaeri! Thank you so much about telling me about the unwanted lines under her eyes and the seven pointed star instead of the six pointed star (numbers carry symbolism!). I will take care of that when I draw beautiful, exotic, wise Vaeri...next time.

Ohhh...I love to read and see the characters of your alternate Elfquest universe! Amazing! What a well thought group of characters. Tarleh from your Ten Chiefs looks like a female Cutter! And I adore Flowerheart for her red hair and design. Her daughter is so pretty as well. All of the Chiefs look interesting and have a great variety of abilities/ powers. So inspiring!

Could you maybe make a thread and tell about each character and backgrounds so I can learn about them better? Just if you have time to do so. <3
Maybe give my self elf Prayer a little role as well? Just if it fits in your story. If so this is what I know about her: She is wolfrider, a healer, also has the name "far-healer" because when she prays (praying 'High Ones, please help", or 'All-that-is, please give me strength') she can heal within a radius of an entire village/city (like
Leetah far-healed once when she healed Cutter after she came back with the Palace after Rayek stole it). She is shy, gentle, dreamy..much like Tyleet characterwise. She has a blonde, green-eyed recognised lifemate called Strongshield who is much like Strongbow but not an archer. He has a sword and can do invisible shielding. They have two sons...

Raincatcher looks very handsome. Him and Vaeri look very happy. Great job with the background and the furs.

Yes, please redraw the line of chiefs! I would love to see how style can evolve through the years. As an artist I am interested in different styles, color choice, drawing techniques digital as well as traditional.

Thank you so much for sharing parts of your story and artwork. <3 <3 I would really love to see a design of the daughter of Vaeri and Raincatcher. Wondering if she looks more like her father or mother...either way, beautiful . Also wondering if she has powers...she must be proud of her sunvillager blood but at the same time sad that almost everyone from this side of her heritage isn't alive anymore.

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2018 8:59 am

Such amazing works!! I can't believe I didn't see this thread before. I love seeing all the self-elf renditions, they are amazing!!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2018 9:07 am

Glad you like it and coloring credit goes to Vaeri. She is amazing.

Right now I am working on more "self elves" and studying the anatomy of cat-like genets. <3 Adorable little creatures for people with fur-affinity.

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2018 7:07 am

awww, thank you Prayer...*blush* can't wait to see the other self elves!! and i will definitely make a thread for my little alternate universe and detail more about the chiefs. definitely considering using Prayer and her lifemate, it'd save me character designing...XD just feels a bit strange using someone elses character like that!

anyways, i couldn't sleep, so i finished up Vaeri's coloring. she came out gorgeously if i do say so myself, and i probably spent a little more time on her than i probably should have! ahaha...but now i has a very lovely new avatar to use, so thank you Prayer!!! you really did draw her so gorgeously, and just how i picture her.^^

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Vaeri_10
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2018 12:29 pm

You're welcome. <3 I love your beautiful artwork and rich coloring...

Vaeri looks super super beautiful! Her golden eyes go right into my soul. They radiate so much warmth and passion! I am glad I could help but you really brought her to life. The colors of her dress suit her really well.

I want to draw her also a wolfrider dress.

Yayy, an own thread for your parallel EQ universe...! Super excited! Would love to read more and get to know more characters.

Last edited by Prayer on Tue May 29, 2018 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm

Thank you! Yeah i always go for vivid..but i rather wish i could i could do subtle and gentle, like you do with your watercolors. It's very lovely and elegant the way you color.

Tidbit fact, the purple ribbon is because her glider gown is purple. It does rather suit her.

A wolfrider dress would be lovely! If you want a change up, she actually cuts her hair shortly after moving in with the Wolfriders, she got tired of it catching on branches, and she's much angrier in demeanor then. This was what i drew for her Wolfrider self.

https://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/art/Vaeri-2-87031913

...i need to finish the redraw of this....it's so long overdue...-_-
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2018 1:03 pm

Thank you.

Your drawing is lovely and a full body shot! Thank you for the inspiration! Ah, her beautiful, voluminous hair cut! But still suits her. :-)
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2018 1:20 pm

I like her wolfrider version, the change in demeanor is interesting, but makes sense considering what we know about her. I'm a little sad about her hair though. Can't wait to see what she inspires as well.

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyTue May 29, 2018 4:25 pm

Thanks guys!! I know it's a shame about her hair but she starts growing it out again while she's living in Blue Mountain.^^ but it really helps to showcase the development of her character
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 9:07 am

And it is THIS development and complexity of characters that make your story so pleasing and intriguing to read! <3

Yayy at Vaeri hair regrowth ^^ Such nice hair must GROW right? Although I can understand it could be somewhat unpractical in the woods! Maybe a nice braiding will help. :-) Perhaps Sunvillager style with accessories? You will find a solution for beautiful Vaeri. <3

Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 12:07 pm

Maybe if she went back to the forest again, she'd probably do that, braiding her hair. But the first time around, she chops off her luscious curls.

Also i started the new line of chiefs!
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Img_2012

Future Sunstream

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 1:34 pm

Yay excited about the new line of chiefs Vaeri!

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 5:37 pm

WOW..

Nice sketch, Prayer! Really very good!

MY DEAR THANKS, already, and..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Pc059_10

Take your time.

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 5:57 pm

And.. Prayer..

If you seek inspiration for Sunstream in a combat pose..

Well, perhaps.. this could help:

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Emberp10

I know, I know, it's an early drawing of Ember 'grown up', by Wendy, but I like the pose and Sunstream is only a little taller than her, now ( since the physical change he had in the cocoon ).
But it gives some indicative proportions, I guess.

Wendy could only envision Sunstream as calling other elves...

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Rewsun10

...but I'm sure you can envision better !

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Rewfli10

Anyway, my eyes will see all these elf selves..

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Rew_hy11

..with joy.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 3:45 am

Sorry it is just a quick 10min scetch...but I wanted to draw this genet! Very Happy I think Sunstream's expression is much too cold. I was struggling with time. But focus will be more on him next time, not so much on furry companion, hehee.

Thank you soooo much for the inspiration, PC! Your pictures help me envision your wonderful, sun-blonde self elf. sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

We are having family vacation until the 16th of June now. Will be able to be drawing more in detail and full body shot after the 16th. Thank you for your patience. <3

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:39 pm

Note to Nibblet & Embala :
I'll leave the 'Ember grown-up' picture oversized, for Prayer to use it, at best quality.
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:03 pm

Thank you very much, PC.

Embala and Nibblet, are you okay with that? I want everybody to have a pleasant viewing experience.

I apologize once again for my XXL pics...! So sorry!

I colored Future Sunstream and his Genet Companion

Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Img_2013

I was in a hurry but still wanted to 'complete' my first scetch of this inspiring elf by coloring him and make his signature blonde hair all shiny and blue eyes bright. What a handsome character he is. Handsomeness and intelligence. He has it all...:-)

Last edited by Prayer on Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:16 pm

No worries, Fairyring. cathat I am fine with it. There will always be good reason for exceptions of the rule! There has to be. Very Happy

And there must be a way to show off your art here and in reasonable size! Just a link to an Instagram page is as dissatisfying as a sreen-breaking picture. Sad

I love how you've given him this magical/technical camouflage shield! Thanks for the glimpse and happy family vacations!

Last edited by Embala on Thu May 31, 2018 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:30 pm

I am very sorry but right now I can only share links. Unfortunately my mobile phone can't upload pictures on fathertreeholt and some other sites/apps. Instagram is working. Must be something with my phone...I tested with a laptop (don't have access to this laptop permanently) where it worked with the same pictures.

Glad you like the technical shield. PC inspired me because he said "technical devices*. His vision of future Sunstream is so COOL... absolutely superb as well as his FUTURISTIC TALES! <3

Thank you for vacation wishes. We will be traveling to Travemünde. :-)

Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:46 pm

Nice work, dear.
Have a good vacation.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 5:58 am

Glad you like it so far, PC. :-)

Thank you!

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 5:59 am

Beautifully done!!

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 8:50 am

Thank you katcombs! Sunstream lives on in the far future and keeps being awesome...

...like a shining "light" in the Elfquest Universe... visiting unknown planets, collecting data, fighting if he must, CONNECTING, learning, growing...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elf selves: Time to shine   Elf selves: Time to shine - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elf selves: Time to shine
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next