Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Evie's Little Fairy Garden

Go down 
+3
Prayer
PCoquelin
Evil Evie
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

Evie's Little Fairy Garden Empty
PostSubject: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:39 pm

So, I've been slowly working my way towards having a fairy garden this summer! I've chosen a spot and I've worked on it little by little this week and I've bought a few things to place in it.

Long way to go...an ever improving project by the year I'm sure.

Evie's Little Fairy Garden Img_2021

Evie's Little Fairy Garden Img_2018

This is the spot I'm putting my garden in. I have to remove a lot of the chives that have over taken this area, though not all, because I'm sure I can use some for effect and chives are generally good for cooking anyway. There's also some moss growing here, which makes me super happy!

Then we have the area I'm not using yet, which is my mom's area more or less and the sidewalk/driveway which I'm cleaning up too, because I don't want It taking away from the effect.

Evie's Little Fairy Garden Img_2019
Evie's Little Fairy Garden Img_2020

I should have it mostly cleaned up by the beginning of next week i think!

Please let me know if the picture are too big and I'd appreciate any tips on changing the size if they are, since I'm not sure how to do that with uploaded pictures from a Mobil device.

Last edited by Evil Evie on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:07 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:41 pm

They are too big.
But it does NOT bother me.

Good luck with your garden, Evie !

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:42 pm

I can see now that I've posted it that it is very big. They make everything extra tiny on my screen. Even I'd prefer a smaller size.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:15 pm

Yay to fairy garden! So creative and 'magical'. Thank you for sharing this project. <3

On my mobile phone the pics are also tiny but just the right size when I click on them to enlarge.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:24 pm

Evie's Little Fairy Garden Img_2019

Evie's Little Fairy Garden Img_2018

Evie's Little Fairy Garden Img_2020

Just use the "width" and "height" options to resize? Smile So much nicer to look at.

Last edited by Embala on Thu May 31, 2018 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:56 pm

So, in order to have height and width option I have to copy the picture link and repost that way. What width and height did you use? It looks good.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu May 31, 2018 5:39 pm

I've just taken half of the original size. In this case 800px × 456px.

You must make sure the the proportion stays the same, Evie.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 5:49 am

@Embala: On a mobile phone the pictures you resized look out of proportion (stretched) but when I click on a picture it becomes just the right size and not stretched any more...

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 9:42 am

They look proportioned correctly to me. Thanks Em. I didn't actually know what the size was because my kindle doesn't tell me, but all pictures taken via it should come out the same size so I'll make a note of the proportions you gave.

The pictures look to be the same proportions to me prayer. I'm going to Just resize everything. You have to click on them either way right?

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 9:57 am

Resized! I was thinking a bit backward and just copying the image, which duh, wouldn't work when the original was removed. Then I realized I could just add the size into the original picture url code. Rolling Eyes silly me.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 1:10 pm

I know the proportions Embala resized are correct Smile - of course they are. I just wanted to report what my mobile phone is showing.^^ It's a different format and thus the stretched pics (on some mobile phones). Either way I have to click on the pictures to enlarge and see details. So all works for me on the phone.

Btw, I think it's great that you are taking care of aesthetics here in the forum, Embala. It was designed for computer screen after all and fathertreeholt is a beautiful place. It has to be taken care of. It's just that to many things I am 'blind' on the phone, like PM's, signatures, picture sizes..but still I am VERY grateful for the mobile view. It's nice and intuitive to navigate. I'm happy and satisfied 'on the go', wherever I am.
A big thank you to the forum hosts to make it mobile user friendly as well. :-)
Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 1:34 pm

I have only worked a little on the outdoor garden, due to allergies and a slight cold in the past week, but I have decided that my garden will be separated into two parts. The past I'm using right now is in the first two pictures, and does not include the nicer part of the garden that comes after the chimney. As you can see in the first picture above, this stretch is separated by a gutter downspout and a metal "tray?" That keeps the garden from flooding. since I can't remove it I'll be decorating the garden in two halves, one half gnome, the other half fairies and I'll paint the tray between them. Haven't decided how yet.

I have created something else though. I went to a fairy garden festival and I made this.

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19616786/19Evie's Little Fairy Garden Img_2010[/url]

The girls are named April and May and as you can see I stayed with a green blue color mixture. I bought a few other things that I'll be placing in the main garden. Right now the ladies are perched outside right next to it and seem pretty happy!

Edit: Goodness, thought I'd never get the picture too work today. Between internet and text issues... Still trying to figure out why the url is showing right now...

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 3:35 pm

That's very pretty and cute. Very Happy I like the grenn and blur color scheme. And I love succulents and fern. Seriously!
The toadstools are such a nice addition.

jabberwookie

jabberwookie

Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyWed Jun 13, 2018 11:49 pm

I love that little frog peeking out from behind one of the succulents! It's a nice touch!

Always looking for Roleplayers! Find me on Discord: krepta#5707
Back to top Go down
http://farandaway.jcink.net/index.php
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 6:38 am

Wonderful and whimsical. Succulents are great. I love the names April and May...!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu Jun 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Just delete the "url" part and keep the "img" part. Or ... simply leave it like it is.

April and May go so well with the plants and the turquoise bowl.

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 4:50 pm

Sadly, my fairy garden didn’t really go anywhere this year. I cleaned it up and it looked nice, but as soon as I set some things out and began designing things a certain little kitten of four months decided he wanted to become a gardener. Didn’t take any pictures before Gizzy demolished it, but I won’t give up, I’ll just continue next year. I bought some new things though. Maybe I’ll take pictures of my decorations and share them in the near future!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyThu Aug 02, 2018 4:55 pm

You've built a kitten playground this year! ^x^

Beryl

Beryl

Aries Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 8:58 am

I am very intrigued buy fairy gardens, I really like the decoration you made at the fairy garden festival. I hope you can continue working on your fairy garden next year, I would love to see some of the decorations you have bought. Smile

Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyTue Aug 07, 2018 10:11 am

I will Endeavour to take pictures of my little fairy fun things soon then!

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 10:22 am

My word, coming back to this thread makes me a little sad. I haven't been able to dabble in my fairy's at all these past few years (not having a garden will do that to you.) The two little fairy's that I did have, April and May, are no longer with me. They were damaged during one of my moves and there was no sense in gluing them back together, because of how they broke.

I have bought a few things recently and I plan to have a little bit of fun this summer. (The garden that we have with our rented house is sadly empty and my husband (Let's call him Mr. Goose shall we? It's derived from an old nickname of his) isn't so keen on investing on green growing things since we will be moving on from here, if all goes well, at the end of the year. I'm doing my best to talk him into some things.

I'll pull up some of my new little fairy garden buys so that I can take pictures and upload them this evening.

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 11:31 am

First of all, your little fairy gardens are adorabe! I love you So sad to hear that two of them didn't survive a move. Sad

Looking forward to your next magical creations!

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 10:09 pm

No Pictures tonight, but I got to work this morning and immediately felt inspired to write a poem.

An Origin of Spring

Once a fairy, green and bright, named April came to be
In loneliness she cried great tears, a friendly face to see
Then from the ground, a miracle, another fairy rose
Her name was May and flowers bloomed where're she placed her toes
But in May's coming, a tragedy, April no longer cried
And without the tears to keep her green, the fairy named May died.
Then once again did April cry, her tears of greatest woah
And all including April washed away by the torrid flow.
Nothing there was left behind but wet and fertile ground
And that was when the spirit of May a purpose for her found
Her flowers bloomed across it, though she did not touch the earth
And thus a saying came to be of equal sorrow and mirth
A little saying for children, for the passing of the hours
A memory of fairy days
Price of their powers
April's showers bring May's flowers

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 5:38 am

This poem is CAPTIVATING...very beautiful, whimsical and enchanting. Dear Evil Evie, you are such a talented poetess...! I love you  The poem evoked so many pictures and colors in my head and the storytelling and rhyme scheme is very smooth and elegantly written. It hit me hard when the characters were dying. It means they were already in my heart after reading the very first lines about them.

Great work...truly a masterpiece!

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden EmptySat Mar 11, 2023 3:07 pm

I introduce Tom and Noddy. Tom in the blue hat and Noddy in the red.

Of course this is taken from the word Tomnoddy, meaning fool or stupid person. However the origin of the word is derived from a series of words, one of which "Hoddy-doddy, means garden snail or small stout bodied person.

So here they are, two small stout bodied garden gnomes...Evie's Little Fairy Garden Pxl_2010

PostSubject: Re: Evie's Little Fairy Garden   Evie's Little Fairy Garden Empty

Back to top Go down

Evie's Little Fairy Garden
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next