Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Fri May 15, 2015 7:20 pm

Can we delete them or send new ones?

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Fri May 15, 2015 10:48 pm

Still can't get into mine.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Sat May 16, 2015 4:41 am

Still works for me, G0lden - but only for the PM system we had in the last version of the Forum. The PM conversations we had BEFORE the last update are not included - that's something totally different.

I've tested it with Stormcatcher. We can indeed send messages within still existing conversations, Lunakat. No new conversations can be started because there is no way to address someone new. And I have no idea how the the recipient should notice there a new message. Don't think we are supposed to use it  anyway. ^^
Even in the working message system I've never found a way to delete anything - no way now either.

For now I'm glad to have those conversations back.

Last edited by Embala on Sun May 17, 2015 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Sun May 17, 2015 4:20 am

Now that is rather odd Embala.  To think they would leave the PM's alone.  Oh well stranger things have bee known to happen.

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Mon May 18, 2015 11:08 pm

I was able to access my private messages after e-mailing Rob. I needed them in order to find my way back here.

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Tue May 19, 2015 10:25 pm

Just went to the Elfquest site. It seems so quiet over there. Hardly any one is making any comments over there. I don't know, but I guess Windy and Richard got there wish.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Tue May 19, 2015 10:50 pm

You're right, I see very few comments. Thornbrake sometimes starts a discussion, but there aren't many responses.

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Tue May 19, 2015 11:00 pm

I guess the golden goose just laid a regular egg.

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Tue May 19, 2015 11:07 pm

@Soreyes wrote:
Just went to the Elfquest site. It seems so quiet over there. Hardly any one is making any comments over there.  I don't know, but I guess Windy and Richard got there wish.

Intentional typo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manga

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Tue May 19, 2015 11:41 pm

Who's tripping down the streets of the city... Everyone know it's Windy! ( Song quote, for the baffled.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Tue May 19, 2015 11:44 pm

I have no idea why, manga....

but when reading that... the "Slinky" tune came to mind...

manga

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Tue May 19, 2015 11:49 pm

Well I'm pretty sure they're both from the 1960s. Maybe your brain cross-referenced to other happy, bouncy music of the time period. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 1:21 am

God slinkys were a blast.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 1:54 am

@Soreyes wrote:
Just went to the Elfquest site. It seems so quiet over there. Hardly any one is making any comments over there.  I don't know, but I guess Windy and Richard got there wish.

Whats funny is I was reading some of the back issues where RP could be quoted as saying something to the extent of "If this energy keeps up, I may have to re-open the Elf Quest Fan Club!" True, it was 20 years ago, but I found it ironic somehow.

Good to see another Red Dwarf fan!

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 2:33 am

@G0lden wrote:
God slinkys were a blast.

Talk about dating ourselves. I used to love my Slinky.

Makes me think of this too:

Ah, the weird crap we used to call toys.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 2:46 am

My kids had wacky wally.  No slime in my house.

Dating one's self is all that bad, I still own a couple of slinkies. Damn things are great for relieving stress and the job.

Soreyes

Gemini Snake

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 6:09 am

@TrollHammer wrote:
@Soreyes wrote:

Whats funny is I was reading some of the back issues where RP could be quoted as saying something to the extent of "If this energy keeps up, I may have to re-open the Elf Quest Fan Club!"  True, it was 20 years ago, but I found it ironic somehow.

Good to see another Red Dwarf fan!

A.J. Rimmer is my Hero Very Happy And now we have two more seasons to look forward too.

A.J. Rimmer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 7:38 am

I think all that happened is that the commenting concentrats on FB - the official page and the FB group(s) that exist.

Time is limited so why should you spread it on two places where you can do exactly the same? Both EQ.com and FB serve the same clientel, feed the same interest - show off, comment fast and short, go to next attraction. EQ.com offers even less interaction because the common users cannot respond to comments directly.
It's the most logical decision for an Elfquest fan to go/stay where your other interests and activities are concentrated anyway.

That's so obvious, so predictable for me that I'm convinced by now that it was intentional. EQ.com serves exactly the purpose that it is supposed to serve at this point in EQ history:
- The necessity to maintain an own website.
- A proper place to offer the digital comics.
- Enough updates/activity to show it's alive.
... and redirect feedback and comments to FB & Co - the modern media where the publishers are used to acknowledge and quantify success.

Time is limited - especially Richard's and Wendy's time. It helps a lot when you can concentrate on the events in your brownstone and don't need to worry about the happenings in your manor. Wink
And even I'm aware that the target audience, the majority of existing and potentional fans is FB-affine.

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 10:26 am

Aaaargh, only a week until the next issue, and ready for all the spoilers to pop up on facebook! The thing they are doing with spoiler images don't help, the comments still pop up on my neewsfeed. I miss the days when you just could avoid clicking into a post that said SPOILER.

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 3:24 pm

@Blackbird wrote:
Aaaargh, only a week until the next issue, and ready for all the spoilers to pop up on facebook! The thing they are doing with spoiler images don't help, the comments still pop up on my neewsfeed. I miss the days when you just could avoid clicking into a post that said SPOILER.

You still can... I just avoid Facebook and dont have any issues at all!

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 5:17 pm

I never avoid spoilers, personally. I'm going to read it anyhow- so spoil away!

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Wed May 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Yeah, not gonna avoid facebook in a week.

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Check it out - blackface isn't just for Elfquest cosplay anymore!

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-news/paula-deen-has-learned-nothing--posts-photo-of-her-son-in-brownface-155831293.html

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:27 pm

And now we will see if I get kicked out of the EQ facebook group:

Read 'Beyond Mere Flight' - click here!
Skywise Wink thanks to Embala for the banner! Kahvi )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...   Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Yikes. You'll have to say what happens! That group is exclusively set up for nice massages with repeated happy endings. You got great, big shiny set of balls there, Leanan. I salute you!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

So they've basically killed the Scroll of Colors forum...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next