Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2

Go down 
+9
Embala
Vaeri
Prism
Leanan
Tynami
Prayer
Shadowpath
Beryl
G0lden
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 11:15 am

I was bored, so I made some of Leanan-elf... (also a new post at the end of previous page)

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Lean6
Made with: https://www.azaleasdolls.com/dressupgames/elven-portrait.php

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Lean2
Made with: https://www.azaleasdolls.com/dressupgames/magical-elf2.php

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Lean5
Made with: http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=mega-anime-avatar-creator

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Lean4
Made with: http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=dark-magician-creator

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Lean3
Made with: http://www.rinmarugames.com/playgame.php?game_link=anime-elf-creator

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Thank you for fulfilling my request, Leanan! Very Happy M'Ren turned out amazing! The black outfit really suits her - cudos for the extra effort with her leg and arm straps! The golden mane and intense green eyes add color and liveliness. Mayxbe the first (at least one of the first) dollz of M'ren! Like
Next girl looks very much like a female Strongbuw - she must be Trueflight! another of our preferred dolling subjects - and I love it!
For the rest my bet is on the Wavedancers ... tho some are puzzling. Might be becuase I mainly stick to pre-Descovry style. The rasta girl is one of them ... color and belly hole of the turquoise swimming suit direct me to No-Ripple.
Goldbrown skin, green eyes, loose mane and this little green dress scream Sandsparkle Very Happy ... but in my memory she's golden or honey blonde ... scratch
Finally a 100 % familiar sight! Absolutely Foam Very Happy ... even the small collar is spot on!

In case I'm wrong I'll ask for a hint, Leanan. You often find looks taht are not the most familiar for me - it's part of the fun!
And ... I like to challange you to try two other "misfits" - Wavelet and "little Minnow". ^^

There were so many elves and other characters to do for katcombs - even back at that time - and I've managed to do only so few.

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Tynami10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Change10 Tynami and Change

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Tywave10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Tywave11 Tywaves ... as a young one and in her mermaid appearance

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Wolves10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Sunflo10 Wolvesfire and Sunflower

*seen your new dolls right when I was ready to post the next comment*
I love to meet Leanan! Very Happy  I'd like to consider the portrait as her generic look: auburn tresses matching her eyes, pale skin with berrycolored lips ... and a trademark earring. Purple and black with silver accents suit her.
Great full body shot on the Magical elf maker Like ... arm wraps and long knife identify hger as a fierce one.
Pensive-dreamy look in the third verion ... the moon enhances the imression. Is Leanan a stargazer? The following backgrounds support this conclusion. And the dollz add mysterious vibe and cuteness.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Awesome new posts!! I love all the new fishies and gals!! M'Ren kinda reminds me of an elfed out Kat in that outfit, hehe. I think she's my fave of the set, but the others are very close.

Seeing all the different versions of you self-elf is fun!! Always a job to see how many ways a character can be envisioned.

Seeing the palace dolls coming back reminds me of all the fun we'd have making dollz... I really need to make something soon. Only one really missing is Ribbon and at the time I don't think she was even visualized yet. Then Wolvesfire joined into Change, then became a separate character again.

https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptySun Aug 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Winnowill and Newstar GoT-style are an awesome addition! The matured mighty queen and the young, still innocent princess. Dark elegant black and fur against the friendly blue of the sky. The expressions are the cherry on the cream - as often.

Another of my requests was fulfilled promptly Very Happy - my apologies for the late reply, Prism! You managed to do a sweet, adolescent ... and rebellious ^^ Newstar on the Harley maker. The frilly little dress in innocent blue fits her well.
Same for the Arch angel ... Newstar's loveliness seems to keep the monsters in rain. I like the hairdo with the braid - reminiscences on her "healing scene" style.
Last not least a sweet and lovely Pixie version ... the Sun Village's prettiest maiden for sure. I like her being back in the Holt for a visit. ^^

Why havn't I noticed this blueish-black color? Perfect for Winnowill's tresses! Like The simple black belt fit's her surprisingly well and the fur cape gives her an archaic vibe. Your Viking Winnie looks appropriately sinister vibe.

More awesomeness with am enchanting Dewshine. Speaking of an alternate Dewshine - she would make a fantastic Catrider, too! A protective warrior angel among the Gliders - her fierce temper and Wolfrider spirit lives on in Blue Mountain. The "Aladin" version proves ... kudos for the skirt design! Her Viking appearance turned out strange ... almost crazy (like she was going through clearbrook's fate. Next one is lovely and sweet and very much like the alternate Dewshine you envision, Prism.
Last one I'll buy any time - that's Dewshine how she's pictured in Sorrow's End! Like

Newstar and Winnowill on the Magical Elf maker are another perfect opposing couple.

The rest of my series for katcombs - respectively for her kids Very Happy

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Blackm10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Blackm11 variations of Blackmoth

... the pink one looked so much like moth wings. I had to use it despite the wrong color!

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Katten10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Rainth10 Katten and Rainthorwen

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 11:01 am

I miss those palace version of the girls, perfect for their birthdays, both of them were yesterday.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 3:27 pm

Your girls share the birthday date, Kat? O.O ... with some years between, of course ...

Laurel was a fairly unkown tribe member for me ... as was her sElf...

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Laurel10 Laurel

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 7:03 pm

Embala wrote:
Your girls share the birthday date, Kat? O.O ... with some years between, of course ...

11 years apart to be exact... I know, it's weird.

Adorable Laurel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 8:14 am

Thanks again!

Embala, you guessed them all correctly. I use reference images that I find on Google, and the looks of the characters vary a bit between series/editions. Such as Sandsparkle's hair color. No-Ripple's hair kind of looked like dreadlocks in one reference image, and I liked that so I went with it. Very Happy

And yes, Leanan-elf is a stargazer Smile

Little High Ones continue to be adorable!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2019 2:19 pm

I remember HOW different uploads of the same character can turn out - even from the same source! You managed to make them well recognizable anyway, Leanan Very Happy - and a differrent look at familiar elves can be inspiring! No-Ripple with rasta looks would be an interesting addition to the Waverdancer style!

There's still a bunch of EDA High Ones waiting in my folder ... with  all the praise they are eager to show off! ^^

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Opaley10 Opaleyes for Mockery D ...

... couldn't find a character thread for her girl.

Not so weird for me as you may think, Kat. ^^ I shared may birthday with beloved Grandpa. And my youngest brother shares his birthday with our youngest cousin.
Belated Happy Birthday cake for your girls!

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 4:21 pm

The EDA High Ones for MrsGrizzley became a series ...

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Dawnfi10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Halfel10 Dawnfish and HalfElven ...

a mermaid who's probably the first of her characters I've seen ... and a Wolfrider, main protagonist of a long-going story ...

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Wolfso10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Starso10 Wolfsong and Starsong ...

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Starso11 ... her twin daugters with Skywise.  Skywise Wink

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Sunspa10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Sunspa11 Sunspark, another Wolfrider ...

there's a reason for the "sad rain" and "sunny smile" versions - and a story.

Last edited by Embala on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 pm

I don't remember these versions, but of course I remember the characters. I don't remember seeing the Opal one either. I love them all!!!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 24, 2019 4:38 pm

MrsGrizzley had more! There is another world she was writing about ...

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Golden10  Goldeneyes, her manyfaced main character

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Lei_ah10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Tirale10 Lei'Ahree and Tiraleen

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Mairi-11 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Tsukik10 Mairi and Tsukiko

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Aurora10 Aurora, a dryad

*hugs Kat* I love all these self elves and RPG characters as High Ones. They were a new beginning back on the old SoC after I was unable to do any kind of EQ dollz for months.

I'm so happy they are still loved by others, too. I love you Thank you all!

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2019 6:18 pm

Time for a familiar one Smile ... back on the old SoC Nightsea was one of the most constand and most productive dollers. She was the one who gave my Embala a first visible look ... and introduced me to dolling fun.

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Nights10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Vytha-10 Nightsea and Vytha

... her personal char and Winnowill's daughter with Voll from har fan fiction.

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Pearls10 Pearlshade, a shark-like Mermaid

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 8:21 pm

agh you guys are amazing and make the characters so recognizeable! loving all the stuff. i keep trying to make dolls but i'm so unsatisfied with how they turn out....XD
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Loving all the posts!! I haven't really made anything lately... just kinda tapped out I guess... groove is gone. Just worked on the offline pages a bit and tried to sprite... failed.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 6:45 pm

*hugs and kisses* You need a break, Kat! I know the side effect of a creative outburst and a huge todo list all too well. Just do things you like - or simply nothing - in your leisure time.
This thread and the dollz will not run away. Very Happy And I'll keep it busy for a while. ^^

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Peacep10 Peacepine for Peacepine ...

... another Scroll member I know next to nothing about. But I remember this simple, memorable design from my earliest days on the SoC.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 8:14 pm

All I remember of Peacepine was the website associated with her. Beautiful character Very Happy

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 9:48 pm

Sailoir Silvanesti is one I remember well. Twisted Evil Let's say it was never boring and not at all silent when she was around. And her sElf-persona was a chaosbringer to some degre. XD

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Sailor10 Sailor Silvanesti aka S'lvan

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 10:50 pm

Shadesong was around only for short. I love her characters!

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Shades10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Fireth10 Shadesong and Firethorn

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Yurin-10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Seaelf10 Yurin and unnamed Sea Elf

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 6:18 pm

@Vaeri Thank you for the kind comment on our dolling potpurri! Very Happy

There are different ways to create dollz, Vaeri - and many different views on it. Kat, Leanan, Prism and me show a certain bandwidth.
Vaeri wrote:
agh you guys are amazing and make the characters so recognizeable! loving all the stuff. i keep trying to make dolls but i'm so unsatisfied with how they turn out....XD
After I've followed your collaboration with Yeee I have an idea why it is so hard for you to make it work. You try to be perfect - longing to turn a doll exactly into your design of Vaeri.

If you are interested I'll tell you how it started to work for me. I've changed my point of view and my   premises.
1. Dollz are supposed to be different.
2. Dollz are allowed to be weird. ^^
Instead of the "create most exact look" I'm going for "capture the right vibe".
I've stopped to look for dollmakers which allowed me to picture my girls most true to my original design - and instead considered: "How would my personal character /this EQ char look if (s)he were part of THIS (or THAT) world?"

I did this deliberately for a while ... going for different looks (like "High One" instead of huntress, warrior or gardener) and weird results. This way I've found out what is the essence of the char I want to picture. Learned where I had to edit to get a believable result and where I could count on imagination only.
Now it just depends on mood and time whether I do a labourious edit to achieve a most exact result ... or a "lazy" dollmaker-only vrsion mostly based on imagination ... or a whimsical mix of both. Very Happy I've learned to "Play First" instead of working hard. ^^

Just my way. If you really want to doll, Vaeri - find out how it will work for YOU. While "handmade" dolling CAN be very similar to drawing and coloring the use of dollmaker dollz OFTEN requires a different approach.

Sweetwater is another one I don't know at all but her chars captured my attention.

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Sweetw10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Copper10 Sweetwater and Copper

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptySun Sep 01, 2019 8:16 pm

Sweetwater was always one of my most favorite elves to doll, she's such a sweet looking elf. Copper is really fun too Very Happy If I remember right, I met those two when I was still microing full blast, hehe.

Shadesong's girls are lovely and really missed... there were some amazing sketches of them... I should revisit them, cause I can't remember if I ever sprited them. I know they have minis of some kind though...

I completely forgot about Sailor... I love your older sets, brings back sooooo many memories and the people that surround those memories.. Very Happy

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 6:14 pm

As promised Very Happy
Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Downlo36
Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Downlo37

And I had to do this since I found the perfect hair...
Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Downlo35

Edit: Fixed some, posted the wrong ones
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Change is actually a lionfish now! Eye candy! And Tynami shows up in elegant black with a wild mane!
Much more "orderly" in her classic look, Kat. ^^ Very sweet and alluring. I must get used to this (no longer new) straight hair! Very charming I love you

Tenderfoot was a very young but talented doller and a dear friend. (sadly her thread lost Sad all the awesome dollz)

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Tender10 Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Isimo-10 Tenderfoot and Isimo

... her self-elf on the SoC and the first elf she made up as a kid. No idea why Isimo asked for a frog. Tenderfoot on the other hand is full of meaningful symbols ^^ ... but that's a story too long and too old.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 9:32 pm

The lionfish idea came from when Change was part of Danen, there was a mockup of her look that was never colored with legs drawn by ElfTanner. 

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 5920669_oupUMBf8FKVZLb7

Tynami's hair for the most part stays the same, but I just loved that flat wet look on her. The black tail came from Jeedai's original tail version. I liked the teal tail she had in the other pic, but it was too complicated looking. 

I miss Tenderfoot, her works were always so fun. 

When looking for Tynami's finned version I ran across a version of Katnami, who I need to sprite too... drawn by Icemoon
Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 5948265_qSb2JNmFG7tTSY3
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 3:40 pm

Ahhh... love the drawing - it's ElfTanner's, is it? Easy to see the lionfish inspiration for Change's fins. the face patterns complements the design perfectly. Wish the old mermaid maker had a lionfish option to create this alternate look.
Katnami is so much fun, Kat ... an awesome mix of imagination running free and the original design. And it brings her close to Kat, your other "identity". Icemoon was as imaginative as she was young. Looking forward to see her as a sprite.

Whiteghost had a bunch ... a whole world called "Hollow Hills". Very distinctive, carefully fleshed out characters designs and backround. And tehere were comic snippests, too. Wish there would be more left than just the name list. And I managed to picture only one ...

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Ashe-h10 Ashe

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread 2   Elfquest Dolling Thread 2 - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elfquest Dolling Thread 2
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next