HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Stargazer's Hunt

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zadzi

Zadzi

Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 10:37 pm

The jumping around was very disorienting in FQ, agreed. Especially with so many different storylines to cover. I think it could be written well though, with enough concentration on a specific story and specific characters, and maybe without the insane deadlines they had to adhere to?

Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Thinking again...i was musing on how the Pini's had been going on about "hooray no more deadlines!" But if the new series is set to start November 13th..that's still a deadline. But then i remembered there is a big difference between a deadline someone else sets for you and one you set for yourself.

Was the art so lousy and cut n' paste cause of the deadlines in FQ? Do you think with them setting their own deadlines, we may get better art this time around? I hope we do...it's so sad looking through the old comics. I'm glad the color is clearer in the new issues but the scenes lack the soul they used to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 12:24 pm

The colouring was pretty damn bad too. I shave at least one image where somebody just filled in places with the bucket tool and didn't actually finish it.

I keep coming back to the fact it's called 'hunt', not quest or search or some such. Strikes me as an odd choice.

View user profile
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 06, 2019 5:56 pm

Yeah I think the deadlines weren't something they could really control with FQ which is why major issues with the artwork were happening - as well as cut n paste. Plus they had so many issues to release on a tight schedule. It looks like it might be more relaxed now so we'll see?  It's still not the same hand drawn stuff - those days are probably over, unfortunately - so it's less intimate to me, hasn't been to my liking for a long time. I think it just got too frustrating for her maybe and took too much time.

Also yes, I know the coloring was a major issue in FQ and people have said Sonny doesnt do great with the coloring. Well, it looks like he's done all the coloring for this series, according to the Pinis , per Facebook. So we shall see. I can deal with a lot as long as the story itself is strong.

Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Isn't Sonny also doing the art for this new series?

When I wrote my diploma thesis, I had a deadline as well (three months after giving my university the notice I will write it). I did what most students did and was almost finished when I handed in the notice. Why can't Wendy do the same if deadlines are such a bad problem for her?

Stargazer

Stargazer

Cancer Cat

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 09, 2019 3:17 am

I am - somewhat to my surprise - quite looking forward to this new series. Perhaps a fresh start going in a new direction is what EQ needs. FQ was trying to wrap up Cutter’s story arc after decades of telling it, but this new one doesn’t have all the weight of expectation that one had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargazer's Hunt   Stargazer's Hunt - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargazer's Hunt
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2