Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. Empty
PostSubject: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 12:22 am

http://elfquest.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Elfquest-coloring-book-rev2020.pdf

For the download.

Read about it here:
http://elfquest.com/get-the-elfquest-coloring-book-for-free/

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 6:35 am

Thanx so much for sharing this, Tymber! When I saw it here I downloaded it .
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Yeee wrote:
Thanx so much for sharing this, Tymber! When I saw it here I downloaded it .

Glad to share! I know some folks on here may not do social media (FB or Twitter), so I figured I'd share it here.

I colored Bearclaw vs Madcoil and Picknose so far.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptyThu Mar 26, 2020 6:09 pm

I see, you already had fun with colouring Very Happy , and absolutely yes, no Twitter for me , facebook I have but I am not active in there.

jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: EQ colouring book released   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 6:34 am

It was in the bundle for the backers of Flesk's EQ / WaRP related books (Art of EQ, Art of the Story, Line of beauty).
At the sight of the current COVID crisis and lockdowns the decided to release it as a PDF for people to have some fun with.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:01 am

Thanks again, Tymber! Very Happy I've downloaded it at onece -oif course. ^^
Now to find out how to tourn pdf into png format without qhality loss. I see you have already colored part of it. Do you know a way to transform it - or is it just "print'n scan"?

Speaking of your colorings ... now I'm nostalgic.
Bold clear colors and strong contrasts remind me of the old Superhero booklets of my childhood. The way you've colored superheroes before on the SoC.
Having Madcoil in purpe is awesome - especially whith these yellow spotlight eyes! Shiny New Moon and poisonous spittle are eye-catching details. Last not least I like Bearclaw's greyish hair - makes him older. Rougher. I like matured/ages elves ... and it seems so fitting for him to show age shortly before death.
Picknose is hilarious. Of course Wendy Pini's drawing - composition and expression - have a major part in it. It's enhanced by your way to give Petalwing cheerfully colored wings - and Picky's pink gums. ^^

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptySat Mar 28, 2020 11:07 am

Thanks for the heads-up, jaRf! Very Happy It's a nice idea by the Pinis to give their fans some distraction with something nice to look at and have fun with! Like

Tymber already posted a link to the download some days ago - doeasn't hut to have it again. More chances to be seen by potential collectors and colorists.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 1:45 am

jaRf wrote:
It was in the bundle for the backers of Flesk's EQ / WaRP related books (Art of EQ, Art of the Story, Line of beauty).
At the sight of the current COVID crisis and lockdowns the decided to release it as a PDF for people to have some fun with.

Aye, I have said link in my first post (just below the link to download the PDF). Smile

Embala wrote:

Thanks again, Tymber! Very Happy I've downloaded it at onece -oif course. ^^
Now to find out how to tourn pdf into png format without qhality loss. I see you have already colored part of it. Do you know a way to transform it - or is it just "print'n scan"?

So the way I did it was open the PDF, shrink the image % to fit the screen - then screenshot.
From there I pulled it into Paint Shop Pro, to color.

From there I use layers to color it. To see how I do it in Paint Shop Pro (should be similar with any program that has layers)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPKlE3bihiE

Embala wrote:

Speaking of your colorings ... now I'm nostalgic.
Bold clear colors and strong contrasts remind me of the old Superhero booklets of my childhood. The way you've colored superheroes before on the SoC.

I still do those colorings (of superheroes). It helps relax my brain.

Embala wrote:

Having Madcoil in purpe is awesome - especially whith these yellow spotlight eyes! Shiny New Moon and poisonous spittle are eye-catching details. Last not least I like Bearclaw's greyish hair - makes him older. Rougher. I like matured/ages elves ... and it seems so fitting for him to show age shortly before death.
Picknose is hilarious. Of course Wendy Pini's drawing - composition and expression - have a major part in it. It's enhanced by your way to give Petalwing cheerfully colored wings - and Picky's pink gums. ^^

I gave Bearclaw a grey'ish hair color because I wanted something to contrast all the black (shading) in the photo. So I figured a darker grey would be as close as I could get to being "black." For Madcoil, I wanted a dark/night color (but obviously not black), and purple gave me a color I could put some contrasts with (the eyes, the bumps, his belly).

Definitely had fun, and will undoubtedly do more and share here if folks care to see it.

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 3:17 am

Did this as a speed run; managed to get this done in 24 minutes. (Not overly thrilled with it, but that was sort of the point to see how good I could do one of these more complex ones in less than 30 minutes)

The Danger of Zwoots.

This is me touching up my speed run after being done; did some more shading on the Zwoot (horse thing), smudged the blood more on it, fixed Leetah's hair color (next to Cutter's lip), changed the background behind Cutter & Leetah (upper right) to be red to pop more, colored the rocks and grass spots, put shading over Cutter and Leetah's eyelids to show some depth and passion of the moment; did some more shading on Scouter (stabbing the Zwoot).
The Danger of Zwoots v2

jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 4:19 am

Ah, hadn't seen it here. I had posted the link in ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction.
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptySun Mar 29, 2020 4:36 am

jaRf wrote:
Ah, hadn't seen it here. I had posted the link in ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction.

Oh! I see! Someone merged yours into mine (I can see now your post has a different title in this thread) sunny

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. EmptySat Aug 29, 2020 12:54 am

Whoops. Wrong thread.

EDIT: Is there no way to delete your own post?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.   ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free. Empty

Back to top Go down

ElfQuest Coloring Book - Free.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: All the Many Colors-
Jump to: