This story took on a whole new direction... it's true I never plan what's next because I don't know what the elements will be... but this is clearly, my heart breaking because of the current state of the world. For any of you who even bother reading my stories, I hope you enjoy and understand the message.#BlackLivesMatter #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd #JusticeForEveryBlackHumanInThisEffedUpWorldElements:
Bitter (This can be someone being bitter about something, or the bitter taste of a food or drink, or whatever.)
RecoveryStonehowl’s extensive history recap for all the previous grab bags can be found here:http://www.tawmis.com/stonehowl/stonehowlrecap.html
Stream, her red hair flowing in the gentle ocean breeze, like a small, flickering campfire, looked out into the ocean. A storm brewed and thunder cracked the sky. But her soft, green eyes could see something else. “What did you people believe those things are?” She pointed out towards a clearing in the storm.
Buren, a human, and Stream’s lover, and father to their half-elf child, Stonecutter, smiled. He’d come from a band of humans that thrived on marauding and killing, but Buren never wanted to be like his father who was the chief of the Frostsail Clan. He could still taste the bitter feeling of being a part of the Frostsail Clan and their murderous ways.
He looked at what she was pointing at and saw the many colors spilled across the sky in an arch. “We’ve always called it the Sky Serpent,” he said. “My father’s people,” Buren said, no longer associating himself with his ‘family’ because of their sheer hatred of anything and everything different, “believed it was the passage of souls to the heavens that rise up – get judged by their gods – then, if worthy, come back down to the world to be reborn.”
Stream shivered. Buren looked at her. “Are you all right?”
“It just reminds me of what we called ‘the serpent with rainbow scales’,” Stream mentioned. “It had been a giant snake like creature. It killed my parents.” (She’s not lying! Look all the way back at December 2008 - http://www.tawmis.com/stonehowl/dec2008.html).
Buren pulled her close, waiting for her shivering to stop. He kissed her gently on the head, “We can go if you want.”
“No,” she whispered, feeling safe in his arms. “Your people,” she turned to face him. “Did they follow a god named Grethen? That’s who the humans that had originally lived close to us worshipped. That god preached hatred for my kind – calling us demon spawn.”
“No,” Buren shook his head. “My father’s people follow a number of different gods. There’s one for rain, thunder, the sun, the moon, and many others.”
“Do all of these gods exist out there,” she looked to the stars and the cosmos beyond. “Similar to where the High Ones had come from?”
“I don’t know,” Buren mentioned. He’d never met or seen a High One, but he’d heard the many stories while being a part of the Stonehowl Tribe.
“I wish we could all put these differences aside,” Stream said. “My whole life, since I’ve been born with magic, I’ve tried to heal all of those who have been wounded. But some wounds,” she looked distant for a moment, thinking of an elf named Blackstar who had pushed one of their own kind from a high tree, to their death (once again, she’s not lying – see: http://www.tawmis.com/stonehowl/feb2008.html)
; before recovering her composure. “Some have so much hate in their heart. Whether it’s because we look different,” she touched her ears, “or our skin color is different, or we believe in different gods. These are things I can not heal, but desperately wish I could. I wish I could kill the hate that burns in the heart of so many.”
Buren held her close, “I understand. And perhaps we can begin to make a difference since you and I have come together, as a sign.”
“Perhaps,” Stream whispered.
• Shadow (Male Soul Name: Tyru) – Black Hair, Tanned, Green Eyes (Elder brother to Purespring, Chief)
• Foxhair (Female Soul Name: Loun) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Hunter)
• Snowspring (Female, Soul Name: Tylo – Black Hair, Green Eyes) – Nine years old. Daughter of Shadow and Foxhair.
• Spearclaw (Male, Soul name: Lren) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Scout) – Former lovemate of Stillbreeze (and Vineweaver), now lovemate of Windfetcher
• Vineweaver (Male Soul Name: Reyk) – Auburn Hair, Blue Eyes (Tree shaper, Soul Mate of Stillbreeze, Plant Shaper)
• Stillbreeze (Female Soul Name: Hewl) – Brown Hair, Brown Eyes (Soul Mate of Vineweaver, Tanner)
• Echo (Male Soul Name: Ayav) – Brown Hair, Green Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver, Magic)- About eighteen years old.
• Windfetcher (Female Soul Name: Burm) – Auburn Hair, Brown Eyes (Cub of Stillbreeze & Vineweaver) – About eighteen years old, formerly interested in being the next chief, now the lovemate of Spearclaw
• Snowcloud (Female, Soul Name: Mill) – White Hair, Green Eyes (based off white lions)
• Stream (Female Soul Name: Vree) – Red Hair, Green Eyes (Healer)
• Buren (Human, Brown hair, hazel eyes) – About 20 years old in human years
• Stonecutter (half elf/half human, son of Stream and Buren – brown hair, green eyes) – About two years old