Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Vaeri's Colorings and Art

Go down 
+6
Shadowpath
Tymber
Leanan
Embala
Yeee
Vaeri
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Haha okay then. And looking back on the comic, i wouldn't mind coloring it, especially if you want it to be colored.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 5:20 pm

not necessarily , I wanted it to be in the "Rogues curse" style, which is in b/w. Just in case you want to colour it, I won`t stop you, heh heh. I always love to see my pics coloured by you! Very Happy I love you

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2021 7:32 pm

If you want to leave it that's fine! Just draw me another comic to color haha!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:14 pm

still working on the video, but i decided to post up the image cause I IMPATIENT! so yeah.^^ this was rather fun to color, and i hope i got all her colors right! shout out @Tynami, hope you and your daughter like the colored version! can i just say it took me like...forever to find pictures so i knew what her coloring was. XD

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Rainth11
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:18 pm

Yay! cool! And you have found a fine leafy background. How nice that you took over, I always like to leave that out.

Yes , finding details is horrible, I can say!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:33 pm

well actually the leafy background is just a brush i used.^^ thought it would be nice since you seemed to take a lot of inspiration from the doll image Tynami made for Rainthorwen, so i figured i could do the same for the background.

you know i almost forgot her eyebrows.....XD yeah details can be horrible sometime! i hope i have her hair dark enough. but the clothes look good i think!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 6:48 pm

Heh, I meant: finding the pictures to find the missing details on them is horrible, lol. My fault! Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 1f605
and yes, I took  the doll image Tynami made for Rainthorwen, she sent it to me, with other pictures, all so tiny that details where nearly invisible  Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 1f606

"Just draw me another comic to color haha!"
...is being worked on!"

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 7:27 pm

Oof yeah. I was able to find the original larger version but that was some digging..it was buried!

Yay new comic! Though already working on another coloring...veery old this time. I'm doing the picture about the feast for Sharuk and Embala.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 17, 2021 7:30 pm

OH JOY!!! I am waiting eagerly for that

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 3:29 am

@Vaeri wrote:
still working on the video, but i decided to post up the image cause I IMPATIENT! so yeah.^^ this was rather fun to color, and i hope i got all her colors right! shout out @Tynami, hope you and your daughter like the colored version! can i just say it took me like...forever to find pictures so i knew what her coloring was. XD

This is amazing. The background is perfect. You do that too?

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 6:55 am

@Tymber: look what Vaeri did with my simple b/w Sharukh-GoBack  here. I love it, all the fine snow everywhere and that stuff also looks like his hot breath steam in the cold air. Now the picture looks so full of live, as if he  really is one of the patrol near the frozen mountains.
Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Sharuk10

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 3:49 pm

man it's been too long since i made a video...this took some refiguring out. but here you guys go! sorry it's a touch long but i know some of you (not naming names TYMBER :p) like the details

hoping to finish the feast picture by tonight. it's coming along nicely.
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 10:31 pm

OKAY! this took most of yesterday and today...even with the regular black lining....though part of that was laziness kicking in. but phew. i'm quite pleased with this, especially the background and fishes. little inside note since people might not realize, but i went with Yeee's coloring for the octopus from her comic, along with some red seaweed. thought it'd be funny. it's almost a shame cause he's actually pretty cute colored XD

and i had no idea what Lil' Clam's coloring was sooooo....i just took Yeee's picture of her little one, and went from there. so heavily inspired by that lil one in the bathtub but with Yeee influence. i also went with Haken coloring for his clothes from "How shall i keep from singing"....just cause i had no idea what else to give him XD with some light tweaks cause yeesh that bright teal green!@_@ what were they thinking back then? and i gave his peacock pink things...just cause i think he'd be a bit annoyed they dare give his peacock frilly girly things. i also tried to make the fish LOOK roasted...and on a last funny note, my boyfriend thought the peacock was a bug.

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Feast10

man i really like seeing Embala and Sharuk together. talk about opposites attract! they make such an interesting couple...and coloring this, i couldn't help wondering how they'd look genderbent. Rayek Devil i miss Prayer.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 18, 2021 11:21 pm

Nice additions

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:14 am

AAAAH! How cool is this? Shocked  Very Happy bounce  Thank you sooooo much, Vaeri! I`m happy! You made such gorgeous colouring again!
Man this blue Marlin looks so tasty, I want to eat it! And it looks so very like a roasted blue Marlin with this brown baked fish skin, the hot steam  (You can guess the fried butter upon it and the delicious smell  ) and its blue back. Btw. the design of Yeee's fish tail and that of most of the Sea Raiders is based on that of the blue marlin: shape of the tail fin, dorsal fin, dark back stripes with light spots on it. Very Happy  Vaeri, you choosed the right colouring for the fish!

The background has turned out so very beautiful. My hubby finds that too, he says: "I'm sorry, honey, but when you colorise it often looks worse afterwards than before!"  I guess he`s right  Laughing , I only make flat comic copic pen colorisation (I thought it fits for comics) . The sunset  with the little cloud stripes is romantic (fits perfectly with the scene with the "delicious" Valentine bouquet)  and the sea turned out so awesome beautiful, I wanna swim in it immediately (long so much for the sea!).
My, Yeee  put on her rarely used blue lipstick to celebrate! Well, if there is no reason to celebrate here ..? Her light blue spots turned out great.

" little inside note since people might not realize, but i went with Yeee's coloring for the octopus from her comic, along with some red seaweed."
Yes, I realized it before reading your text. And I am super happy, that you took over my colorisation of the octo and the red seaweed. When I drew this pic I had no idea that I would use a  red sea plant later in the Grab Bag comic. It was mere coincidence , I found that in  a pack of marine washi tape, to use it to design the comic border.  Laughing
Well, it turned out that the plant is disgusting but healthy, and therefore exactly the right thing for Embala, since she was about to have her baby(s) from Sharuk.  (grin)

Lil`Clams colouring: Yes, I had no real coloring for her, or had I? Don`t know. Ok, you made it, good, she can have brown hair , since there are brown hairs in the Sun Folk, think of Yurek, the ancestor. Her left eye is dark sea grey like Yeee`s , very good! Her right eye...is that violet? If so, ok, why not, a touch of Jarrah in her.

Haken: I would also rather orientate myself on the "Siege of blue mountain" picture of Haken. His clothes are ok, your sleeves fit . Well I was thinking of a golden tunic (chinese style of golden -yellow silk with filigree embroidery with gold thread inside, but this is hard to draw) and a black mexican style trouser. I think green is so not his colour.

"and i gave his peacock pink things...just cause i think he'd be a bit annoyed they dare give his peacock frilly girly things."
yes, look, you can also do gags with color. Good idea! highlights the feminine side of the male peacock, lol.

Another great detail is that the label "Bird food" corresponds to the bulge on the bag.

We even got a tablecloth from you. The Sea Raider took it off again shortly before the dinner in the comic
Sharuk Sea water dripping on his hair, arm and leather straps, you saw that and worked it out, as you did it with his light scars on his face and on his hips.

Love it, gorgeous! I love you  I see forward to your next project... What a Face

EDIT: Vaeri obviously made 2 different preserver silk tunics for Yeee, one is red (as seen here) and for the comic she puts on her blue one.

Oh my, genderbent stuff again? Lets see...

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 1:09 pm

I'm glad you like it so much! Always try to please. *bows*

@Yeee wrote:
Man this blue Marlin looks so tasty, I want to  eat it! And it looks so very like a roasted blue Marlin with this brown baked fish skin, the hot steam  (You can guess the fried butter upon it and the delicious smell  ) and its blue back.
Btw. the design of Yeee's fish tail and that of most of the Sea Raiders is based on that of the blue marlin: shape of the tail fin, dorsal fin, dark back stripes with light spots on it. Very Happy  Vaeri, you choosed the right colouring for the fish!

Wow i got that right?? I honestly just ended up googling swordfish and looking for one with a big dorsal fin. I saw the one with a giant blue fin and shrugged thinking "hey it's elfquest and Yeee likes blue*looks at character Yeee's colorings*" so that's a big shock but yay! I was really concerned about getting the roast look right since i'm a cook and i'm very detailed like that. Glad it came across right!

@Yeee wrote:
The background has turned out so very beautiful. My hubby finds that too, he says: "I'm sorry, honey, but when you colorise it often looks worse afterwards than before!"  I guess he`s right  Laughing , I only make flat comic copic pen colorisation (I thought it fits for comics). The sunset  with the little cloud stripes is romantic (fits perfectly with the scene with the "delicious" Valentine bouquet)  and the sea turned out so awesome beautiful, I wanna swim in it immediately (long so much for the sea!).

Well i can agree a little with your hubby, flat coloring sometimes can't work so well...but then usually i'm not so good with backgrounds if i try to draw them!^^0 nature is easy, especially with photoshop brushes. But i was glad you drew the background, it gave me something to follow. I probably would have given them a mid afternoon sky if it were blank! But i loved your comic coloring so you are not a bad colorist.^^

@Yeee wrote:
My, Yeee  put on her rarely used blue lipstick to celebrate! Well, if there is no reason to celebrate here ..? Her light blue spots turned out great.

Of course it's a celebration! You gotta be festive at a feast. Funny thing, i realized i forgot to highlight her spots. Oops... Embarassed

@Yeee wrote:
And I am super happy, that you took over my colorisation of the octo and the red seaweed. When I drew this pic I had no idea that I would use a  red sea plant later in the Grab Bag comic. Well, it turned out that the plant is disgusting but healthy, and therefore exactly the right thing for Embala, since she was about to have her baby(s) from Sharuk.  (grin)

I thought it'd make a great in joke since this picture came first even if the comic was colored first. The red does add a nice pop to the "bouquet"

@Yeee wrote:
Lil`Clams colouring: Yes, I had no real coloring for her, or had I? Don`t know. Ok, you made it, good, she can have brown hair , since there are brown hairs in the Sun Folk, think of Yurek, the ancestor. Her left eye is dark sea grey like Yeee`s , very good! Her right eye...is that violet? If so, ok, why not, a touch of Jarrah in her.

Actually it's brown to match her hair. Like i said, took heavy inspiration from the photo of your daughter but threw in Yeee elements. Hence heterochromia, i know how much you love that, and darker skin. Your daughter actually looks a lot like me at that age...lol

@Yeee wrote:
Well I was thinking of a golden tunic (chinese style of golden -yellow silk with filigree embroidery with gold thread inside, but this is hard to draw) and a black mexican style trouser. I think green is so not his colour.

Noted, i'll keep this in mind next time i color his outfit

@Yeee wrote:
Another great detail is that the label "Bird food" corresponds to the bulge on the bag.

Glad you noticed that! It wasn't quite how i wanted but good enough.

@Yeee wrote:
We even got a tablecloth from you. The Sea Raider took it off again shortly before the dinner in the comic

Yeah i thought why not but oops..forgot they didn't have it in the comic. Darn. I couldn't leave it white though cause then you couldn't see the steam. Though the pattern kinda messes with the red catfish's steam...grrr.

@Yeee wrote:
Sharuk Sea water dripping on his hair, arm and leather straps, you saw that and worked it out, as you did it with his light scars on his face and on his hips.

Of course! I love being able to interpret details in drawings.^^

@Yeee wrote:
I see forward to your next project... What a Face

That may take a little time...back to work today! But i may try to get back into doing art when i get home again.

@Yeee wrote:
Vaeri obviously made 2 different preserver silk tunics for Yeee, one is red (as seen here) and for the comic she puts on her blue.

Well i remembered you preferred a red tunic for Yeee so i try to keep in mind preferences when i color. But sure she can have two, why not lol
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 2:36 pm

"That may take a little time...back to work today! But i may try to get back into doing art when i get home again."
Just don't stress yourself please! I know very well that things take time and this picture must have taken an eternity to color ... I also wish I could get everything done faster, I wanted to finish the pencil version of my new picture yesterday ... oh yes,  sigh  Rolling Eyes  . So take as much time as you need, I'm just looking forward to your next action ... that's all

"I honestly just ended up googling swordfish and looking for one with a big dorsal fin"
O -  o , there are different types of swordfishes , I believe, that all have a big dorsal fin, but they are shaped very different.... here is the blue marlin , a cool fish
Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Bluema10

"i'm a cook and i'm very detailed like that"
Oh, that's why, interesting!

" i realized i forgot to highlight her spots. Oops..."
Yeee`s spots turned out very good, they only glow bioluminescent in darkness.

"Actually it's brown to match her hair. Like i said, took heavy inspiration from the photo of your daughter but threw in Yeee elements. Hence heterochromia, i know how much you love that, and darker skin. Your daughter actually looks a lot like me at that age...lol"
I thought she looked like my mom, but ok, lol! Now we know, how you looked like Smile . I don't know yet if I'll keep her brown eyes or not ... I'll decide that later.
Again, the picture turned out great ,I couldn`t do that myself and I'm celebrating it.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 11:59 am

I take your caution full heartedly...especially since i have to work overtime for a little while until we get another employee to work second shift...-_- yipee.

Huh...that was the fish you used? This was the fish i used...which says it's a sailfish.
Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Sailfish-with-clipping-path-picture-id157373921?s=612x612

Let me know if you decide to keep the brown eye or not so i can keep in mind for future colorings please.

I'm happy you like it so much! Wondering where Tymber, Tynami and Embala are though...*looks around*
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 12:14 pm

Crabby *peeks in*

Love my Embala - perfect silvery-blue hair!*
Love my Sharuk even more ^^ especially with his beautifully colorful sea food bouquet. XD Admittedly the roasted fish looks much tastier!
Vaeri and her young lover are such a sweeeeet devoted couple! I love you I love you... Wink

egg ... egg hatching bigthing cannot leave eggies for long Preserver

* just in case you have plans with "Merbala": Embala's mer form tends to a more intense and turquoise-green hue concerning the hair and in general. It's a deliberate color variation.

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 12:43 pm

Yay Embala!!^^ *hugs* happy that you like it as well. I'm glad i went with this, i told you before i had missed coloring her.

Thanks for the heads up! I do have an old picture of Merbala languishing in my folder that i was considering coloring finally.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 1:27 pm

This was made by Moonmoss . the very first Merbala: Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Merbalacopy-1_byMoonmoss

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Embala-MermafiedV2_byJeedai and dolled by Jeedai

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Magical-Elf-Merbala-by-AzaleasDolls and my own try.

This will give you an impression. Please know: I don't mind some variation at all, Vaeri! If something feels right for you -go for it!

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 1:42 pm

References are always great! ^_- and i'll keep that in mind. If you saw the coloring video for Rainthorwen, i do tend to experiment and fiddle with colors and placement. After all, i am an arteest! :p
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 4:01 pm

You are! Like  And after all: It's another Merbala shaped eons later by Yeee to fit into another tribe.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 6:24 pm

See? Just as I wrote, the swordfishes have very different dorsal fins .  Laughing  A Sailfish! A marvellous being, it is said to be the fasted fish in the world (as long as it has enough oxygen in the water to breath in...). But it doesn't matter, it was about the color, and it fits from both pretty fishies.   Fishy

"Let me know if you decide to keep the brown eye or not so i can keep in mind for future colorings please."
Oh my, I have no right opinion at all at the moment. sorry!

" And after all: It's another Merbala shaped eons later by Yeee to fit into another tribe."
Yeeees MUAHAHAHAAAAAH! (wicked laughter)

Edit: just watched your video: like the lights in the eyes effects! cool! Like

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2021 8:27 am

@Vaeri wrote:

Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Rainth11

EEK! Usually it tells me when I get tagged like that, not this time Sad She looks amazing! I love her colors and the background. Grabbed the link for the video, I'll have to watch it later Sad I hate having no time and missing so much! So glad you made the idea though, I love seeing the process of creation. Hopefully I can get Rainthorwen to see this before school. So glad she has tomorrow off.

If you ever need any more of my elves colors, https://toyhou.se/katcombs/characters

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vaeri's Colorings and Art   Vaeri's Colorings and Art - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Vaeri's Colorings and Art
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: