Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Member information windows?

Go down 
+9
Lunakat
llannen
Kindredsoul
Embala
PCoquelin
Elwing
Tam
Leanan
Blackbird
13 posters

Should we keep the 3 "Member Info" windows to the left?
Keep them all!
Member information windows? Vote_lcap8%Member information windows? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Keep just one of them!
Member information windows? Vote_lcap8%Member information windows? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Just get rid of them!
Member information windows? Vote_lcap84%Member information windows? Vote_rcap
 84% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

Member information windows? Empty
PostSubject: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:07 pm

<---I got these 3 virginal white windows to the left, but I can't think of anything interesting to put in them. So I've switched them on, but is there a way to switch them off again? Thanks!

Last edited by Elwing on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:22 pm

Elwing wrote:
<---I got these 3 virginal white windows to the left, but I can't think of anything interesting to put in them. So I've switched them on, but is there a way to switch them off again? Thanks!

Same question here Smile
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 2:37 pm

There is, but it would it would shut them down for everyone. It was just another one of those things I activated in the beginning because it was different. What a Face

I DO have a suggestion though

Maybe a poll/vote for everyone

Instead of the profile blocks beneath the avatars, we just stick with our bottom signatures? There's plenty of room to add a banner and bio info

I have to run off to work now, so I'll check back later tonight to see what member's think!
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 3:22 pm

I would be relieved if the white windows were removed. Like you say, signatures are enough for post customization.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:29 pm

I would gladly stick to the signature. And we can always open a thread for introduction purpose in case we wish to share more information.

Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 3:38 am

I didn't realize that they would have to be switched off for everyone. I think they take up a lot of space and this means more scrolling, and more effort to get to the content. I'm in favour because I'm lazy ass, but I can imagine that not everyone is. A poll would be a nice idea!
*also, maybe we could do away with two of the windows and just keep one, if that is technically possible?
Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:00 am

I'm totally down with these going the way of the dodo. Or going down to one window. A signature and/or a single window is enough.
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 am

The discussion can be the poll itself if you wish ^_^ or if you'd like to edit in a poll to this thread feel free to do so. I do believe that can be done through your first post Elwing ( if memory serves me correctly)

Plus if you run into other members in the chatbox who may not be aware of the topic please direct them here if they'd like to share their opinion.

So far I haven't talked to anyone who wants to keep the Bio boxes yet but there's some new members who have already filled theirs out and I'd hate to delete them without hearing from them O____o

Thanks!!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Elwing

Elwing

Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 1:03 pm

Violà!
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 1:57 pm

I like very much that poll system to get something decided between us fans, about this website here.
It's gonna be our only real home, sooo...
We'd better set things coolly and cleverly.

Wendy and Richard rarely truly cared about what changes WE the fans wanted to see or NOT.

Time for better ways, isn't it?..

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm fine with no windows. Acrtually it was my first thought to delete them afeter I filled them out of curiosity. XD
I'm fine with one window as well.
Will definitely prefer to get rid of part of them.

We have time to make this feel HOME. I really hope so, PC.

Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 1:15 am

I do recall that llannen had all of her boxes filled... lemme send a PM to her just so she has a say since it's hard for her to be online with the running around that she does Razz  She may have missed this thread all together.

Um.... I'm not remembering anyone else who filled out much of theirs... Serval maybe? I'll check!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
llannen

llannen

Virgo Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 1:53 am

Thank you for the PM (and my email that alerted me) @Kindredsoul.

I filled them out because they were there but if I could make them disappear and not be blank, I would've done that. I feel like mine are always so dry. Some people can be freaking hilarious when you read theirs but mine are meh.

They can totally go away. I liked the "getting to know you" type of questionnaires we've filled out before on SofC.....and to be honest, I haven't looked on here to see if there is one? As an alternative?

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:26 pm

I kind of like them. I also like the "latest topics" window on the right- it's really convenient. It means I don't have to search through dozens of topics to figure out what's being talked about- or to see if someone replied to a comment. I actually like it a lot.

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:36 pm

I didn't fill mine out at all because I'm a lazy mare. I voted to get rid of them but not because I feel strongly about it one way or the other. I'm happy with my sig from the old scroll

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 2:59 pm

I like turtles.
Back to top Go down
Timmain
Admin
Timmain

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 7:16 pm

So it looks to be decided then. I should have the boxes deleted sometime this evening!

llannen wrote:

They can totally go away. I liked the "getting to know you" type of questionnaires we've filled out before on SofC.....and to be honest, I haven't looked on here to see if there is one? As an alternative?

Actually, I don't see why we can't have that here. If anyone wishes to post it here, you're more than welcome to!

Dark Serval wrote:
I like turtles.

Love them too Wink

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 7:55 pm

I want a turtle, but have no room with the dogs.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Member information windows?   Member information windows? Empty

Back to top Go down

Member information windows?
Page 1 of 1