Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Creating the Snake Elves

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

Creating the Snake Elves Empty
PostSubject: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:12 am

All of this started with this elf... her name is Tikala. 

Creating the Snake Elves Tikala10

She opened the door for a whole new tribe of elves, all based on snakes of all different kinds. Does anyone have any ideas I could use for elves for this tribe? I think I'm going to move one of my other elves to this one since he has a snake, but I will need at least 3 more.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 3:17 am

Just for fun ...

Creating the Snake Elves Rayek_10

It's a pity subeta isn't available anymore!

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 3:36 am

Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 5:18 am

If you're looking for ideas - look at the types of snakes out there that are unique...

Constrictor - Known for it's size
Cobra - Known for it's hood
Rattlesnake - Known for it's rattle

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:23 am

LOL! Now it`s Nagas.
Rayek looks gorgeous whatever shape he gets! Rayek  cheers

". Does anyone have any ideas I could use for elves for this tribe? I think I'm going to move one of my other elves to this one since he has a snake, but I will need at least 3 more."
If you mean snakes, there are also little  colourful and very deadly snakes in the rainforest, just look at google.
If you mean EQ elves: Embalas Rayek is no.1 !!! Then who else, maybe Winnowill (but she is annoying), ah yes and Venka (cool as a snake) , and Cutter (to embarrass him, as a little revenge for the constant insults against Rayek: "You snake!"

Last edited by Yeee on Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Nagas indeed! Madcoil

Tikkal is awesome, Kat! Too many arms but an amazinbg design. Shocked Of course I'm a bit biased by her colors. ^^ (If she were mine I'd make her grow more arms - by self-shaping or illusion - to scare Humans and other enemies but rely on one sensible pair for daily life.)
In case you'll add your snake elf Asp they'd probably be shapechangers anyway.

Thanks for the link, Kat Very Happy - must take a look once I'll find time for dollz again.

I like Tymber's suggestions - especially the Cobrah ^^ ... s/he could have a very cobra-like neck shield or a foldable collar like this poison-spitting dino from Jurassic Park!
Or someone in a colorful coral snake design ... *envisions a Rayek type*
Asp could be the Boa Constrictor - he already has the fitting duds.

@Yeee You are aware that Raysnake wasn't my idea? Wendy Pini herself classified him as the "snake" animal type. And ... she had other ideas for him than a snake. XD
Winnowill, the "Black Snake" would be an obvious choice for another one.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:31 pm

(Head canon AU workng overtime) Just some fleeting ideas if I were exploring this as a story idea:

Desert tribe, probably a splinter of or outcasted from Sarrows End, long lost and forgotten. Likely shapechanges (thats a pretty common trope in stories and mythology as it is with snakes and snake people, I think they did that in the original Conan the barbarian?) And likely leading a tribe of human worshipers as godlike entities (to hold to the trope)

If doing a kind of AU, Sunstream would be a contact, or sneak in disguised as one with his ability to shapechange (though he might find it hard bot to outdo the main leader and stick out as some kind of iridescent rainbow snake with five hoods and three tails, if you were doing a comedy)

Rayak is a natural choice, in a way so is winnie, though some of the gliders and stone shapers might be just as good of choices (btw, snake+flying=a kind of dragon) a stone shaper would be also tropic as there are stories with snakes who's gaze "turns others to stone", which could simply be a flash encasement or replacemrnt with stone.

As to number of arms and other attributes, that figurine would fit with just the second set of arms, but half sized, in my head. The gill/frond ears dont click with my head canon of snakes, more fish-folky than snaky, but morphing the ears and cobra hood doesnt really make for good pointy elf ears (i dont know how that would work, as it would make the hood into tents or cat ears, but then my ability to sculpt went out the window decades ago)

Also, it seems to follow, mythically genetic wise, that snake people would not be very "well endowed", as it were. Snakes traditionally do not have mammaries, and, in my head, the High Ones were not inherently mammals, but rather took on that characteristic when they came to the WoTM. You can do what you like, but Id personally at least de -emphasize "feature curves" to emphasize the slender-snakelike curves. Of course that begs the question, do they lay eggs and eat their food whole? Do their jaws unhinge when they glom something down? Are the venomous pit vipers with fangs and the ability to see body heat? (Yes Im having fun with this)

As to additional specific "IU" characters being funneled into an AU snake tribe, might I suggest looking at perhaps Chot, some of the other gobacks, perhaps some wavedancers, perhaps Snakeskin? (Though this namesake would be thrown in as a humorous "doesnt fit in" character if I were writing it).

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 11:17 pm

whoa hey, that makes fun to play Nagas on Hero Forge. Here is my Savage elf Tanator as Snake. The dude loves to play with his vulcan lirpa much to the chagrin of the humans. He's a puffed up bastard and likes to adorn himself with  gold and feathers of tropical birds.
Big Snake type...hm maybe like Boas, the kind of Choke snake.
And he eats humans, maybe even elves , he has no problems with that.
Creating the Snake Elves Screen59
Creating the Snake Elves Screen75
Creating the Snake Elves Screen76
"hissssssssssssssssssss"

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:00 am

I've revised Tanator again, the belly scales are better that way, but I'm not sure whether he should keep the dragon eyes.
Creating the Snake Elves Screen77

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:36 am

Make it more interesting, Yeee - make both chast variations his generic look! The plain brown for the (rare) times when he's relaxed. The red chest scales whebn he's enraged ... or courting. ^^
And dragon eyes are perfect for a snake elf in my opinion ... exotic and dangerous.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:47 am

sounds good, he can also have the upper part plus the eartips dark violet metallic, except for the hands and the face and the eyes more elfin yellow to make him look a little bit elfy and not too much serpent.
Boa Tanator
Creating the Snake Elves Screen78

btw do you like to forge a Serpent elf too?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:52 am

Now Tanator is definitely courting! ^^

At the moment I have simply not time to play with dollz (und keine Muse ^^) ... and not sure whether I want to play with Hero forge. But the idea to have a snake elf is tempting. Wink

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:54 am

I might try to doll you one, I am so addicted to Hero Forge , just tell me how she/he would look like. Razz Very Happy

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 8:55 am

"Now Tanator is definitely courting! ^^"
Yes, I believe so!

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 12:29 pm

So many amazing ideas!! I do think they'll be shapeshifters. Her mate is half dragon and they both can change in their own ways. I think I posted him a while back in one of the doll threads. His name is now Yirith and they live separately now with their own tribes. 

This tribe I think will be shapeshifters that live in the tropical rainforest. Asp did get moved to this tribe. Was going to make another desert folk to replace him but realized the numbers were already over 4 Smile

Haven't looked through all the comments cause the storm, but love what I can see. The cobra and frilled lizard ideas are very fitting... snakes and lizards.

@Yeee Tanator looks AMAZING!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 7:51 pm

Here is someone new or very old for the Serpents: He is yours , Tynami, if you like him, ringing in the new year as master of time and the calendar:
Behold the one and only Kukulkan, deity of the Serpents and the Maya,  what Timmain is to the Wolfriders, he is to the Serpent Elves (just that he is no High One). He feeds on blood only.
Great mysterious magic user, lives where nobody knows, just appears where and how it suits him. Besides being deity he is the wise oracle, advisor and soul of the serpents. All obey his words, they are law.
Creating the Snake Elves Screen79
Glows silvery light on the belly, on the fingers and the eartips, with the "blood stained bones" skin color on the back.
He can conjure up the souls of his consecrated victims.
Creating the Snake Elves Screen80
Snake type: feathered snake deity
Creating the Snake Elves Screen81

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 9:20 pm

A pale gruesome partriarch, Yeee, as simple as effective in look!

@Yeee wrote:
I might try to doll you one, I am so addicted to Hero Forge , just tell me how she/he would look like. tongue Very Happy
Very Happy Thnaks for the offer ... if you'll have fun with it  - how about Snakebala? ^^

Fair elfin skin like an average Wolfrider ... but she might change it to light blue or green.
Hair color ranges from silvery white to light blue and turquoise.
Definitely light blue eyes ... dragon eyes are welcome if available.
She likes greens and blues and turquoise. Rather silver than gold. Doesn't mind fitting black.
She dislikes red.
Feel free to choose other color accents if your Snakebala calls for it!

Your main challenge might be to make her different enough from Tynami's Tikkal! ^^

I've found this small snake symbol online ...
Creating the Snake Elves Snakei10
... might be helpful to define her main colors.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 10:48 pm

Hissssssss! Your wish is my command. Here comes a try of Snakebala.
this is a very blue version, if you want it different, please write so.
Dragoneyes where availlable
Creating the Snake Elves Screen82
Creating the Snake Elves Screen83
Creating the Snake Elves Screen84

"A pale gruesome partriarch, Yeee, as simple as effective in look!"
Yup, he is. thanx! The real Mayan god Kukulkan (K'uk'ulkan or in earlyer times called : Waxaklahun Ubah Kan or Quetzalcoatl for the Aztecs) is a feathered snake. The Aztecs also saw Quetzalcoatl as a bearded and fair-skinned man, that `s why I made him that pale.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 8:30 pm

I completely forgot to put the new Hero Forge feather parts on the head of Kukulkan. He now looks a lot more like his Maya model.
Creating the Snake Elves Screen87
Creating the Snake Elves Kukulk11
As a pre-teen, I loved this deity.
Creating the Snake Elves Screen88
The dragon eyes underline his serpentine transcendence. As an almost high one (could be the son or grandson of Haken), he also has this aloof charisma, coupled with a bored arrogance (has just seen almost everything, nobody can tell him anything new). He is this Elven-King Thranduil type. He doesn't accept contradiction, no Serpent Elf would argue with him anyway. Some of his strong magic abilities: make himself invisible, stun stare , self shaping, healing, anti healing (the overpowered meta guy, well he is the deity, he must be that way).
Edit:He should be able to control his feather parts on his head at will. When aroused, he can squirt them widely and twitch them quickly so that the feathers rustle.

Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 11:52 pm

Oh wow... I wish I had more time to read everything... hopefully soon. These are edits I did cause of the ideas of making her colors more real... like actual snakes.

Creating the Snake Elves Snakeg10
Creating the Snake Elves Snakeg11
Tikala in her original High One look and her modified look to blend in more.

Creating the Snake Elves Random11
Her mate Yirith, who now lives in the mountain caves above where she lives. His horn and hair colors may change.

I loved their original colors, but was in a water mood. Doesn't really fit who they actually are. Hero Forge runs super slow for me, so is most of the net at the moment cause of the holiday. Hope to have more time very soon.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 10:07 am

I see Snakebala! cheers Perfect hairdo and color - she identifies herself. Like
The blue totally mimics one of "Spacebala's" space uniforms from my early teens Smile ... but now I notice that this strong blue works only for nostalgic purpose. Looks like Embala is grown out of it. She loves the silverblue scales tho!
I'd like to have her a bit more human/elfin ... is it possible to combine the silverblue scales with Embala normal skin for her upper body color? *is curious how this might look* And ... the bright green of the chest plate for hips and snake tail - still combined with the light blue scales and the silvery tail tip?
This chest plate fits her well. The bright "green mamba" vibe is amazing! But the reddish-brown belts don't ring with her - grey or black might work better.
Thanks for doing this for me, Yeee! bounce and thanks for choosing a defiant pose, not a raging one - it suits her character!

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 11:12 am

Done, if I have not made it correctly, say so please. I have also made the ear tips bright skin colour.
Creating the Snake Elves Screen90
I have also changed the chest plate colour to make more colour variation, if you like.
She has a flintstone dagger, but maybe this weapon is a little bit too antique for a space traveller being. Razz  
Changing the tail colour makes the tailtip looking more greenish.
Do you want her arm scales have slightly darker skin colour?
Creating the Snake Elves Screen91
and the hand scales?
Creating the Snake Elves Screen92

"Thanks for doing this for me, Yeee! bounce and thanks for choosing a defiant pose, not a raging one - it suits her character!"
you`re welcome, it makes fun playing with HForge. Sure Embala is a more peaceful character in every shape.

@Tynami:
I found your first try with the metallic colors stunning. You immediately think of the beautiful colorful snakes from the rainforest. The bright shiny metallic colors are so beautifully different from the colours of the normal elves.

What kind of elf being is Yrith? He looks like a gargoyle. Laughing

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 10:31 am

Embala approves! Very Happy She loves the green mamba vibe!
I like the arm and hand scales in shimmering blue, Yeee - together with the dragon eyes it makes a good balance between snake and humanoid appearance.
Please turn the chest plate back to the bright green - but keep the black center part and black leather belts.
And can you try Tikkal's hip belt on her? With a blue cabochon in the middle (in the hue of her first skin color) and the bright green for the both sides? (blue/green opals are their trademark gem)
The flintstone weapon is fine for her ... she masterly adepts to what she can get. But in fact ... a more elegant dagger forged by her Troll friend is another trademark feature of her. (Sorry, never mentioned it before.)
I love to create Snakebala with you, Yeee. Like

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 11:37 am

these are the 2 most elegant daggers On Hero Forge everything is massive. Tell me which one you want, then I can give it colour.
Creating the Snake Elves Scree105

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves EmptySun Jan 03, 2021 12:09 pm

cheers I see Snakebala emerge!
Now I'm picky ... the hand/arm scales seem to have a different color than the previous versions - you are sure this is right, Yeee?
The straigt dagger is perfekt! Is "brightmetal" available? ^^

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creating the Snake Elves   Creating the Snake Elves Empty

Back to top Go down

Creating the Snake Elves
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: