Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Art of Rainflower

Go down 
+10
Wiseshaman
Sifra
wolfmoonsky
Shadowpath
Cleopatra
Kindredsoul
Kojiyumi
faeriegirl
Fairyring
Outlier
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Thank you so much, Embala, you made my day now. And you're right. There's a reason for Maleen's costume. Wait and see... Wink
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2017 4:36 pm

*sets camp* Very Happy

Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 7:24 pm

I added my comments over in the ElfWest thread, but I am always amazed by the art our Rainflower creates...

Keep up the good work...

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 11:41 am

Embala wrote:
*sets camp* Very Happy

Move your camp to the Elf West thread, Embala, you'll see.

Btw, what do you think of Tyleet, Newstar and Dewshine?
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 5:40 pm

Always keeping an eye on the ElfWest thread ... but as I've expected more art I'd have missed your contribution (respectively didn't connect it to your saloon girl art. Now I'm courious to get part 2 ... with Maleen's entrance.

Ah ... the new wardrobe designs. I'll get to it with next post. For now ...

Gorgeous Kahvi! Everthing fits so perfect for her ... The outfit - of course she would wear men's clothing. I love the more female fit of the blouse. Her expression ... slightly miffled with a "Try to mess with me?" vibe. And her pose - between relaxed and ready to jump ... like a cat.

Another attractive trio ... a beaming Leetah dominates the center. I like that the pants match her green eyes. The blouse adds a hint of gold. Absolutely Leetah.
Hm... something is off with Nightfall. The face is somehow out of balance and the head seems to sit wrong on the neck. *scratches head* ... it's almost a mirror image of Crescent and looks off nevertheless. Maybe it's the right shoulder ... it sits too high in comparism. Nice to see Nightfall in her "generic" canon colors. I like the honeygold of her hair and eyes.
Crescent is my favorite of the group. Selfconfident and sweet. All practical but very female. I love the matching hues of her outfit - going with her eyes of course. Her soft mane turned out awesome.  

Tyldak looks so sad and vulnerable. I want to hug and cuddle him. If he would have shown up in "little farm" or another of the oild western TV shows I've watched he would have been one of my favorites for sure. I love you This picture with the black vest is a great reminiscence of his original unitard (or however you'd call this outfit).

Last edited by Embala on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Another triplet of young lovely ladies ... with a huge wardrobe! I must admit that my memories on EQ details started to fade. I won't be able to identify the inspiration from canon outfits in most cases - but I can tell you what comes to mind, Rainflower. Very Happy

Dewshine - I think she has a kind of childhood love with Scouter in EQ so she must still be very young.

She looks adorable in the blue coat and matching bonnet. Very elegant with the ruby shoulder insert, trims and bow. The simple brown ankle boots go well with it.
Pretty in pink ... not so much? I don't remember that she ever wore something pink ... I like the top part with the lace trims and small ruby bow. The skirt makes her look jounger than she is - childlike. Too much pink, too short dand efinitely too many bows. Hmmm... she doesn't look happy either. Maybe she agrees with me? ^^

Innocent white with flowery blue dots - exactly what Treestump's little bird would wear. And small ruffle trims - a lovely summer dress showing her youth without looking childish.
And a total contrast - warm browns and orange-red and gold with a decorative white collar application. I love those automn colors. Her first outfit with the feather collar comes to mind - different but close enough to ring a bell. This pattern and shading is stunning, Rainflower! Both dresses must have been laborious in the making - awesome results!

WOW Surprised ... more laborious designs! I alove this sun gold dress - it is probably my favorite for Dewshine. So light and and elegant with playful details - puffy sleeves, ruffled collar and a bow. The sunny hat is the perfect addition. Do I see little white flowers on it?
Going for contrast - a riding outfit. Hues of gold and warm orange-brown contrasted by a leave green shirt. Laborious decorative pattern again. I love the open collar, the tiny chest pockets and the belt with a bow. That's Dewshine how she hurries to join a hunt. ^^ Both hats suit her so well and enhance the mood of the moment - loveliness and adventurous traits.

Now this light brown/tan looks very familiar on her. Dewshine like I remember her best. Of course she must have a bonnet - it goes well with this simple dress. I'd bet that this dress was inspired by her first outfit ... but it reminds me of the one with the many frills as well. And suddenly I wonder how Dewshine would look in a native-american-inspired style. A leather dress with frings and bead-work ...
I must always call back to mind that she wore violet (purple?) in HYs. Light violet with trims of delicate white lace and a ribbon'n bow application. I like that this ribbon shows up as collar trim and hair band again. This dress reminds me of the pink one - but what a difference! It's lovely yet made for a young adult.

(sleeping time *yawns* ... I'll come back for Newstar andTyleet)

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 10:20 am

Embala wrote:

Hm... something is off with Nightfall. The face is somehow out of balance and the head seems to sit wrong on the neck. *scratches head* ... it's almost a rirror image of Crescent and looks off nevertheless. Maybe it's the right shoulder ... it sits too high in comparism. Nice to see Nightfall in her "generic" canon colors. I like the honeygold of her hair and eyes.

I know, I've never been satisfied with her face on this one, she looks like a fox, hevans I'm ashamed of that one. I was more satisfied With Crescant's hair. I'm so glad both she and Moonshade ended up With black hair in EW. It fits them better in my opinion.

Embala wrote:
Pretty in pink ... not so much? I don't remember that she ever wore something pink ... I like the top part with the lace trims and small ruby bow. The skirt makes her look jounger than she is - childlike. Too much pink, too short dand efinitely too many bows. Hmmm... she doesn't look happy either. Maybe she agrees with me? ^^

You're right. She agrees! It's part of the Elf West story, she has one she hates, but she's never worn pink in EQ. Although, a pink Sorrow's End dress would have been Nice on her I guess?

Get your rest dear, I always appreciate your comments. Thank you so much Hug
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 05, 2017 7:25 pm

You are welcome. Hug Don't be ashamed - don't even say so! Being ashamed is discouraging. You have no reason to be ashamed, Rainflower. Not content, figure out what went wrong, learning from it and trying to do better next time - that's how it should be. There is no learning without mistakes.
I'm very glad that you've shared this drawing - it's a beautiful, happy scene. I love you And Crescent's dark mane turned out fab. You can be very content with it!

Your drawing of Newstar is so charming ... precious. No longer a girl, not yet a woman - pensive, looking lost in a way and determined at the same time. The violet dress suits her well and enhances the mood. I adore the pencil coloring and especially the shading of the ruffled bottom. Her hair got a strong vibrant coloring - great contrast.

I figure she's older than in the OQ - almost Dewshine's age. And she got quite a wardrobe!
Looks like she wears the coat over the dress I've just admired ... plain, practical yet bedoming.  I see a brown but judging from some other dresses I guess it's supposed to be a hue of grey or black? The sweet berrypink bonnet complements the look nicely. Is this a flower pattern I see?
You know that I'm biased when it comes to turquoise, do you? Wink This lifely color suits her wonderfully ... the inserted white chest, the ruffles and ribbons are very festive.

The blue dress with many dots is almost too pretty for every day. Good she has an apron to keep it tidy. ^^ So authentic. And a lovely summer dress with tiny flowers(?) all over. Just WOW ... kudos for this extra effort!

Young Newstar is definitely growing up. She looks like a young lady in this yellow/green combination. I love the ruffles adornement on the blouse - like a flower wreath. The colors merge with her blond tresses and make her look like a spirit of nature.
Another blouse for the green skirt ...white with violet flower dots again(?), fine stripes (I know what kind of sewing they hint but not how to call it) and lots of buttoms. I cannot tell often enough how I admire your talent and patience for this!

I see you had some extra fun with Newstar. Smile You've played with her hair like the Gliders did with Clearbrook! ^^ Not only clothing but hair design as the cherry on the cream. I love the variations you've found for the strands on her forhead - falling loose, tied together and braided in different ways. My favorites are the braids that unite in a bigger braid on her back. And of course the got bows - a natural assessoire with this hair!

(guess I'll need some more time to finish all the comments I've missed)

Last edited by Embala on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 5:55 am

Thank you thank you.

I confess I had allot of fun drawing Newstar, and especially the hair. The coat is gray, and yes, the bonnet have blossoms on it. That's the bonnet I'm most satisfied with so far. But the purple dress is the best for her. I'm glad you liked the tourquise dress, I was a bit uncertain with that.

I had some fun here because I've given her and Dewshine similar colors, but for different ocations. While I've made Purple a finer garmet for Dewshine and toruquise for daily, I did the same with toruquise for Newstar for finer ocations while she's having purple for daily.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2017 8:33 pm

You consider a lot when you decide on your clothing design, Rainflower! The original EQ color scheme and style, the "Wild West" look, what will fit for which occacion and living conditions - and how all this will match. Last not least variety on parties and festive occations and all the precious assessoires and even hair styles. That's awesome.

Little Tyleet is so darling. I love you Not Nightfall's daughter in EW - her younger sister?

Pretty in red - this time for real. Smile This simple dress makes her a flower. I love the green. Always liked this hue and the many dots, the ruffle application and wide skirt make it very charming. A simple brown with a practical apron - every day wear for a child at this time.

I adore the winter coat and the cap! Very true to this winter scene and fitting for EW at the same time. Another simple dress in a warm berry hue and a pretty apron. Hmm, it almost looks like velvet! Suddenly the dress isn't so simple at all. And a sweet spring/summer dress in white - love this laborious lovely flower dots and the many trims of berry colorored ribbons. Berry ... it can be a berry pattern, too! Dreamberries. ^^

Going festive Very Happy ... ruffles 'n ribbons 'n bows! Both violet and green suit her well - a summer blossom, especially with the delicate white, and green leaves. My "velvet" dress again (I doubt she would have one more!) going with a cape and bonnet set. Inspired by her poncho without doubt - and she must have a bonnet, right? I like it and I think Tyleet likes it, too!

*psst* ... it reminds me of Red Riding Hood. ^^ just a bit ...

All those thoughtful and pretty designs for kids, young girls and matured elders. For the rich and the less fortunate. For the well behaved working girl and the flashy saloon girl costume. Gorgeous work, Rainflower! You are fantastic. *bows*

Last edited by Embala on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 11:26 am

*hugs tight With wide smile* omg I'm blushing. I'm so glad you see the ideas.

You're right, the cape is from the poncho, figured out it would be the best way to solve the poncho appearance. And she would of course wear a bonnet. She would.

And the aprons; I never figured out why children at the time wore them, I just thought they made them look silly, but now I realize it was to keep their clothes as tidy as possible.

I thought I'd make the same thing with Tyleet as the two others, with one color for each ocation, but I couldn't deside either purple or green, so I just gave her one of each. I imagine she would be 'spoiled beyond hope', the darling she is to everyone. I just thought, maybe the gowns could have belonged to either Newstar or Dewshine? I recall from The Little House on the Prarie, Mary and Laura did that as time went by.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2017 8:02 pm

Great Sun! sunny Your brauties still show. Thanks the High Ones!

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 05, 2017 3:23 pm

Crescent nd Nightfall
Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Cresce14
Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Nightf10

Moonshade and Brownberry
Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Bilde_10
Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Bilde_14
Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Bilde_11
Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Bilde_12
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptySat May 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Starsh10

This is Starshine if people remember
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptySun May 13, 2018 11:16 am

Beautiful! I like how she is holding her hair...and the bright yellow of her dress. It suits her skin tone. :-)

Back to top Go down
Evil Evie

Evil Evie

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptySat May 19, 2018 11:19 am

Very pretty elf, where is she from?

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Evil Evie wrote:
Very pretty elf, where is she from?

She's a character that joined the Elfwest adventure, you can read about her at Elfwest stories and artwork. Her name is Starshine, and I made the drawing from the description I read there.
Back to top Go down
Cleopatra

Cleopatra

Virgo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 12:55 pm

Very nice artwork as always sis! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art of Rainflower   Art of Rainflower - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Art of Rainflower
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4