Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Elfquest Dolling Thread

Go down 
+20
MrsGrizzley
Davrille
Leanan
thetrappedartist
Beryl
G0lden
Vaeri
Nightsea
wolfmoonsky
Shadowpath
Tymber
sun girl
Startear
ErinC1978
Fairyring
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Tam
ChristinaRaibert
TrollHammer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:54 pm

There IS only a female base, Christina ... the rest was hand editing. ^^

ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 3:55 pm

Woah... can't begin to imagine how much it must have taken to get him to look THAT awesome then! Very Happy *high fives and bows before awesomeness*

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"
Sunstream and Brill, 1999 "Lovemates" Calendar
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:01 pm

Make me the females ... and I MIGHT be inspired to try another male ... sooner or later.

ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:05 pm

YAY! Need to find a girl for Kroosh, though... maybe "Minnow"? They're both bold an exploring types sooo... Very Happy

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 4:33 pm

I ran with the idea and... here's Minnow! Very Happy The bird is meant to represent Windkin (blue for his Sun Folk leathers, brown for hair) who freed her from slavery ^^

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Minnow11

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:52 pm

So lovely ... and you want this calm, shy beauty pair up with "fire in water", Christina?

I love the bird reference for Windkin. The blue fits well, especially as it mirrors Minnow's swimsuit.

Last edited by Embala on Sun May 31, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:47 pm

Nightsea wrote:
TrollHammer...I'd be happy to share any images I have made over the years.  Are you looking
for cannon characters?  Specific ones?  On certain types of bases or dollmakers?

Let me know and I think I can give you a guest password to my own photobucket account so you can search my dollz.  Or say more about what exactly you want and I'll create new images for you.

I love dolling EQ and am very glad to continue my hobby and share my joy with the folks who
care.  

I don't know if PMs here get emailed...just post in this thread or over at Ty's forum in General discussion or something...I'll get the info.  Nightsea at g m a i l dot c o m is also possible, but
fair warning I don't check there often.

I will be very happy to make custom dollz for you per request!
--NS

PS: Good to see your Brills and Sunstreams in both places, CR!

Doesnt really matter if it emails me, I check my PMs for fun more often than I chdck my email. Indeed, I havent checked my email in 2 months.

For now Ill just snoop around and see what I can find and see what blanks there are. I'm actually looking at making two sets, one canon and one non-canon. The canon deck is up to 500 cards and most of those are characters and land... not even many artifacts, instants, enchantments, and so forth. Far too big, and will be broken down into expansions for simplicity. There could easily be over 1000 cards when its all said and done. The other set is fan-fic, forum life, and spoofs, "what ifs" if you will. Anyone who wants to submit their 'world' for inclusion just point me in the right direction of a good explaination and artwork and Ill make up a set to include it the next expansion.

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 6:57 pm

You can use any works of mine (dolls and pictures) that you want, TrollHammer Smile

Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 11:23 am

Just a head's up for Tam...I made your characters Allegro and Alyial and they are posted in the long doll thread on Ty's forum.  

Trollhammer...Nightsea is in a Star Trek Mirror universe...you can use her in that setting or in an island sea elf setting if you like for your fan deck.  Any art I've made of her is fine for you to use, and I am doing my best to collect all her stuff in her personal thread on  Ty's forum.  Please drop in there and look around whenever you like.

As for making any canon dollz or even "all from scratch" canon art...I have lots of that available too.

Is there a special size or style?  What game is this based on exactly?  Do you have links to show?

I'll just keep posting here instead of PM for now as I think others may have the same queries I do and your answers would help us all participate.

Viva la dollz!
--NS

Last edited by Nightsea on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Brill on Ertè Maker that I mentioned in chat Very Happy

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 96763510

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Embala wrote:
So lovely ... and you want this calm, shy beauty pair up with "fire in water", Christina?

I love the bird reference for Windkin. The blue fir well, especially as it mirror's Minnow's swimsuit.

When I saw that bird in the props I couldn't resist Very Happy Thank you for the tips on a color scheme that would work for Windkin! ^_^

As for her with Kroosh, mayhaps Very Happy She was quite adventurous, straying from her tribe to explore the sea (though now I mention it that'd be more like Darshek *hides from Krill*) and if they ran into any danger, he'd defend her with nothing short of his life Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Nice Erte design, though I miss her fins.  

I did a Kroosh half card for you since I thought he wasn't going to be what Embala was doing next.
I will post it here since we haven't repeated this discussion at Ty's forum:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Krooshcardhalf
Who are you making his queen?  
--Nightsea

PS: Frankendoll alert: the fish bones are from the Neptune's Daughter maker.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Woahhh! Kroosh! Very Happy He looks awesome! bounce

Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:37 pm

If you want him with your Mirror:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 KrooshwithMirror

Now you can mix and match with the blank one or pair them up as above.
Hehe,
--NS
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Awww! Minnow and Kroosh are so sweet together! Very Happy He'll take good care of her, I'm sure. And she'll be the Joyleaf to his Bearclaw ^^

Found some really old Brill dolls I made back in 2004-2005... there were many others but they got deleted in backup crash.

Gaian base
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Brill-10

Base unknown... anyone knows which one it might be?
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Brill-17

And another unknown base
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Brill-10

But looky looky! I didn't do just Brill/s back then! Here's a Cutter!
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Cutter10

Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 7:31 pm

Nightsea wrote:
Just a head's up for Tam...I made your characters Allegro and Alyial and they are posted in the long doll thread on Ty's forum.  

Trollhammer...Nightsea is in a Star Trek Mirror universe...you can use her in that setting or in an island sea elf setting if you like for your fan deck.  Any art I've made of her is fine for you to use, and I am doing my best to collect all her stuff in her personal thread on  Ty's forum.  Please drop in there and look around whenever you like.

As for making any canon dollz or even "all from scratch" canon art...I have lots of that available too.

Is there a special size or style?  What game is this based on exactly?  Do you have links to show?

I'll just keep posting here instead of PM for now as I think others may have the same queries I do and your answers would help us all participate.

Viva la dollz!
--NS

Sorry it took a moment, had to find some quiet time I could get a link. Below is a link of the current progress on the custom cards with examples. In that thread there may be other links to other threads for more information. Card images (for characters and other creatures and artifacts) are roughly 200 px wide in the end, but a little wider is better with plenty of background (average subject is a vertical or portrait image and the space for the card image is horisontal or landscape)

https://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/t153-personalized-magic-cards

If someone wants to submit artwork for new card layouts or an EQ themed template for your "playing card" images you are making, I can attempt to make a template for it in my program (magic set editor).

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 pm

And here are some more long-forgotten WD dolls that I didn't even remember I had made... again don't recall the base but they all look of a size...

Farbright
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Farbri12

Haze
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Haze-d10

Krill
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Krilld10

Moonmirror
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Moonmi10

Longfin
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Longfi10

Sandsparkle
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Sandsp10

Skimback
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Skimba10

Spray
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Spray-10

Spine
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Spine-10

Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 11:02 am

Ok, so now I know basically what you are going for there...even though I don't play the game.
I used Magic Card Maker @ http://www.mtgcardmaker.com/
to make a somewhat silly version:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Mtgcardns1
with silly art:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 NightseaMirrorVrsSea
I picked the waterdrop and skull symbols just because they seem to fit the character...no idea what they really signify in the game.  You can alter at will as far as I am concerned and I would just be very honored to be in any game you whip up.  Have fun and let me know if you want more, Trollhammer!

CR...your wavedancers are all well met again!

--NS
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 4:05 pm

First attempt at dolling some of my old holt elves... this was Acornsong, leader of the PegasusRiders of my (now defunct) Three Lakes Holt. Melancholy, sad elder and plantshaper. He had Recognized a CatRider chieftess, but stole away their children because he didn't want them to be raised under their mother's strict hand. As a result his Recognized hated his gut... and as his son and daughter grew up he found himself more and more at odds with them.

He wasn't really "my" character - just an adoptable. But as he never found a player, I NPCed him most of the time. He was a good chara... if a very somber one.

Made with Fairytale Prince maker - plus some actual photoshop editing (my first attempt so bear with me).

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Acorns10

Back to top Go down
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 6:30 pm

Nightsea wrote:

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeee* thank yoooooooooooooou! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Tam

Tam

Leo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 6:33 pm

I made this today, messing around with the Centaur Maker, which I think is just adorable. Mistblossom, Badger, and their daughter, Moonblade.

3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Centau11
Back to top Go down
http://oakleafholt.boards.net
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:36 pm

HOLYGWAKAMOLIE!! That's gorgeous, Tam!! Shocked Shocked Shocked *is biased to centaurs too* Wink

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

PostSubject: Stream   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Since I read a lovely comment about some of my "art" in the Stonehowl thread, I was inspired to make a new doll of Tymber's character Stream:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 GoddessStream
Goddess Doll Maker
And one of Tymber's Starmane also:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Starmanepixie
Pixie Maker
Don't forget to check out all the other dollers and dollz at Ty's forum, folks!
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:52 pm

Nightsea wrote:
Since I read a lovely comment about some of my "art" in the Stonehowl thread, I was inspired to make a new doll of Tymber's character Stream:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 GoddessStream
Goddess Doll Maker
And one of Tymber's Starmane also:
3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Starmanepixie
Pixie Maker
Don't forget to check out all the other dollers and dollz at Ty's forum, folks!
--Nightsea

I'd love to add these to the Stonehowl site with your permission.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2015 1:00 am

Well I have missed a bit here. There are a lot of new wonderful dolls and cards I see

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elfquest Dolling Thread   3 - Elfquest Dolling Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Elfquest Dolling Thread
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next