Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rant Away Please

Go down 
+38
Stormcatcher
IceTooth
Prayer
Trollbabe
G0lden
PCoquelin
Embala
Sifra
Miss Gillespie
Evil Evie
underthetree
ErinC1978
Zadzi
sun girl
Wisp
Outlier
Bluetree
Tam
Startear
Shadowpath
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
Nibblet
jaRf
Leanan
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
wolfmoonsky
KR Wordgazer
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Miscellaneous
Davrille
faeriegirl
Kindredsoul
manga
Kojiyumi
anj tuesday
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Those young people are fools and if they get away with a slap on the wrist, the justice system is even more foolish. That is animal cruelty. Those chicks would not survive for very long. Penguins are very devoted parents and care for their chicks 24/7. They require constant regulation of the their body temp and in the wild both parents raise the chicks. As for the egg, if it was in an incubator to keep it warm. The chick is now probably gone by now.

If this had happened in the state that I live in, these young people would face the possibility of being tried as adults, face adult sentencing, and adult prison. If they had a aspirations of going to college, they would be denied admittance, until a much later date in life.

Makes you wonder what on earth these little idiots were thinking to begin with, then you look at the parents and you get your answer.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 4:25 pm

The worst part is I wouldn't be too surprised if at least some of it is due to a misjudged conviction of animals shouldn't be in captivity. They should be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. And better not tell the "evil system" anything; they just wanna put the poor animals back in the cages.
Those poor animals who would die in the wild...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 1:15 am

Sadly we have too many endangered species and captive breeding programs are the best way to bring back their numbers. California Condors are one example. The a captive breeding program we now have chicks born in the wild as they ought to be.

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 1:58 am

We have a park out here that (last I was up there) cites people if they catch them dumping animals. It became a popular dump site after Easter for chickens and bunnies. The chickens tend to do okay, but not the bunnies, especially once it gets up over 100.

I've also heard tale of certain groups releasing animals from research facilities into the wild... to the inevitable tune of outbreaks of some really, REALLY nasty illnesses.

4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:27 am

Sadly, I think they just wanted to have "fun". And the definition of "fun" changes drastically when you're russ. I remember that in my school, they always targeted the "first-years" (firsties in high school, so they were aged 16-17). They would climb up on the roof and empty buckets of water over the poor first years who wore white clothes (you can see everything underneath white when it's wet), they would carry off some unfortunate soul and toss him or her (usually a girl, of course wearing white) into a river that runs by our school, they would ambush younger students, hold them down and draw on their faces with black markers (you would need to wash your face at least thrice to get it off) and some, though not all, spend the entire month being constantly drunk. The first morning after russ celebration started when I was russ, a boy in my class was so drunk that we couldn't wake him, we had to call his mum and she had to drive him to the hospital! And this is just a tiny bit, they're going all crazy! (must stress that far from everyone are like this, but those who are also take it all out)

The chicks were probably eaten by foxes, zoologists say. And they would have frozen to death within the first night. Now, I know that we should trust our justice system, but sadly you're right, G0lden: our justice system is very foolish at times. You can get up to 15 years in jail for drug dealing or Money Laundering (if that's the right word), but kill a small child and claim it was only an accident and you might not even have to pay a fine!

Some would say I'm overreacting. Maybe I am, but there is some degree of truth here.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Sadly no one realizes that throwing buckets of water on unsuspecting underclassman. Or tossing someone into a stream is hazing which we are fighting to end in this country. As far as being drunk all the time, a lot of that happens with our young people here as well. There are those who try to get those young people to see that they are heading down a path that may not be a good one. Case in point at young lady of 19 with a blood alcohol level of 0.24 (or about 3 times the legal limit). Just slammed her car going the wrong way on a local freeway into another vehicle. The men in the truck that he hit and her car burned. All three are now gone, just because of the choice of one person.

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:31 pm

I'm ranting. A lot. This week has been challenging to say the very least!

Firstly, Monday was hard work for lots of reasons, trudging around one place to another and miraculously not losing my temper. Then I get home and the pre-pay internet thing I have been using suddenly stopped. So I put more credit on it and waited. And waited. And waited some more. Nothing. No new balance was showing, so I tried again. Nothing.
So I went to the store and complained. The woman I spoke to went online and activated it manually. Brilliant, right? No.
I got home and nothing. Still no internet at all. I have lots of things I need to do online or there will be really huge consequences, and I couldn't do any of them. So I went back yesterday with my laptop and sat for 3 whole bloody hours while another guy uninstalled and reinstalled the thing dozens of times, which I'd already done but.. y'know. Eventually he admits defeat and gets on the phone to tech support. They tried to get me to ring up on my phone but I'd already lost £50 to their company, I wasn't going to waste any more! So after another hour of talking to about 9 different people, the man from head office said it was a network issue and he'd overridden something. Apparently in 24 hours I should have internet access again. Yay, right? No.
Tried again to day and it was still completely dead. So back to the shop I go with my dongle and laptop. The woman I saw first was dealing with me again today. She tried telling me it was my laptop that had the problem. No it isn't. The dongle doesn't work on anything I plugged it in to. She kept trying to get me to take my laptop back to the shop I got it from. Um... no! I was losing patience by now and decided that I wasn't going anywhere until someone fixed this. She called over another woman and said "its a laptop issue but the customer isn't having any of it" I gave her the mom eye and she shut the hell up quite quickly and got some tattooed young man from the back to come out. After an hour, he gets a new device and tried the sim. Still dead. She goes "I told you it was the laptop" I go "No, it really isn't. Its your company's shoddy system." And she shuts up and lets the guy click away. He then goes and gets a new sim, hooks that up to my account and tries that. NOPE! So he sets up a new account, gets another new sim and puts credit on it that I refuse to pay for, and what do you know? Internet fires up! He figures out that there is indeed a problem with their system and my other account. I quietly go "not the laptop then?" He shakes his head and the woman is very interested in her massive false nails all of a sudden.

Now its working, but not perfectly. At least I can get online and do the things I need to before it crashes.

And today my mum told me that she is going to see an emergency doctor because the lump in her breast has returned and the nurse she saw today is extremely concerned that the cancer has returned.

I would very much like this week to be over and some good news to happen.

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Someone needs a little 42 ?

Obviously, that's for the internet lady.

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 2:38 pm

Best wishes for your Mom and good luck with web access, Nibblet. I hope you'll get some rest from stress and good news about your mother's health. *hugs*

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 12:00 am

Same here Nibs, hope everything improves for you and quickly.

manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Someone please take this couple's computer away and given them back their original stone box with a bird inside...

[edit: just saw Nibblet's post] Prayers and good thoughts for you and your mom!
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:12 pm

Hugs to Nibblet and your Mum. Hug

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:23 pm

Thank the High Ones all the graduation chaos is over so I can catch up on giving everyone hugs!

4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 Spread-love-with-hugs

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 7:15 pm

Now it Father's Day. Got my cards already.

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 1:30 pm

Seriously? You really expect me to want to work via you now? ("You" is the temp agency in this case, several employees contact...)
First, person#1 called me with a job offer. It sounded interesting, and I told you so. So you said you would present me as candidate to the client first thing, because the searching was a bit of a 'rush'.
Then, a few days later, I get a standard rejection letter. From person#2. Ok, fine, I guess you don't want me after all.

But this is only when the fun starts! A week or so after, person#3 calls if I'm interested in the same job. When I tell you that I've already been rejected, you barely blink an eye. Request I send my CV again, because you cannot find it in the system and I've sent both translations to person#1 in the first place.
Then... Nothing.
Another week later, during my holiday, person #4 calls if I'm interested in the job. Acts surprised when I tell him he's the third caller about it. No apologies here either, just a short 'oh there must be some miscommunication, she works in another office'. I explain once more how my qualifications are, and am promised a callback the same day. I do not hear from you.
And today (8days later) I get a call from person#5, referencing to the convo with person #4. No apologies, only asking if I can come in for an interview. Tomorrow. Well you're damn lucky that I have another week of holiday at home this week, otherwise I would not be able to. But heck, I've got a very decent job at the moment, there's no harm in going to see what happens. But no, I will not be able to give you names for reference checks, because I cannot get those approvals within 18hrs, on my holiday to boot. And I will not have my original diplomas for you to scan, only scans of them.
I should get an email with details 'just after the call', with stuff like the address I'm supposed to be at.

We'll see... But this is all very unprofessional it seems to me! (35mins later, no email so far)

*edited to add* almost 3hrs later, email arrived. Person #5 turns out to be person #3. No mention of her talking to me previously either... super weird.
Only reason I'm going to the interview is because the job genuinely seems interesting!

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:21 am

I'm going to rant about my ex. ( I'd like to request that you do not mention the things I say here anywhere else on the internet, especially not on facebook. Thanks.)

We had our good times and bad times. Finally I dumped her because she becomes a total jerk when she is drunk, and she was drunk very often. I told her I don't want to be with her because she treated me like crap, blamed me for things I had no control over, and expected me to look after her while she drank so much she had no idea of anything anymore. I dumped her last November, after a particularly disastrous evening out.

For a long while I didn't see or hear anything from her. Then this spring she turned up at the local LGBTIQA-association's party, and asked to borrow some of my makeup, as if nothing had changed. She talked to me as if to a friend and I tried my best to just ignore her, because I did not want to make a scene about it. I did tell her that I did not think our personalities suited each other. She asked me if I would like to come play board games with her like we used to. I said, "I don't like playing with you, because you are a bad loser." (And it's true. If she loses she has tantrums like a five-year-old). She said, "I don't think I am". I said, "Well, I think so and I don't owe you anything." And then I just walked away.

I should mention that she is mentally "not all there" (for genetical reasons)... that was not a problem for me as such, I was willing to give her a chance. And one chance is what anyone gets with me. I believe she was and still is very lonely, but, well, I told her quite frankly it's not my problem anymore.

Now, yesterday she showed up at the Helsinki Pride parade, in our association's group. As a member of course she had every right to be there, same as I... but again she acted as if we were best buddies... she'd tried to call me to find out where our group was (fortunately the noise level was too high for me to hear the phone). And she seemed to want me to help her sort out her return transport. Once again I just ignored her or went "mmm", and then I walked away from her and made sure not to come too close to her again.

I know this is the rant thread but if anyone has advice for me, I'd appreciate that. How do I tell her I am not her friend, when it seems she has no one at all? But I know the reason she has no friends is because she takes advantage of them, never pays back favors, and as mentioned, turns into a jerk when drunk.

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:56 pm

Leanan, you handled the situation perfectly. Be all sugar and spice to her face, but politely decline all invitations. She is looking for a way to hook her claws into you (so to speak). You owe her nothing not even an explanation for how you are currently treating her. She needs to take responsibility for her actions, you have already done your part now it is her turn.

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 6:15 am

Golden said it much more diplomatically than I would have! Sentiment is the same though "f**k that b***h, you owe her nothing"

That *-ness was me being diplomatic XD

Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 8:28 am

Thanks to both of you. Tyleet Kiss

Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 1:42 pm

Rant? Maybe.

Soooooo, my teenage daughter decided to buy herself new summer clothes yesterday. She wore them today. She looked beautiful, very classy. Floaty polka dot skirt, lace top. MY SHOES that I wanted to wear today, but she forgot to ask about that because well, everything belongs to her.

She just got home. Her feet are covered in blisters, her thighs have chafed and she is in the worst mood possible, and its apparently my fault. Am I being supportive? HELL NO! She can bloody suffer. Karma and all that!!

I'm going out anyway, her girlfriend can deal with it.

lol!

TTFN

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 11:40 pm

Nibblet wrote:
Rant? Maybe.

Soooooo, my teenage daughter decided to buy herself new summer clothes yesterday. She wore them today. She looked beautiful, very classy. Floaty polka dot skirt, lace top. MY SHOES that I wanted to wear today, but she forgot to ask about that because well, everything belongs to her.

She just got home. Her feet are covered in blisters, her thighs have chafed and she is in the worst mood possible, and its apparently my fault. Am I being supportive? HELL NO! She can bloody suffer. Karma and all that!!

I'm going out anyway, her girlfriend can deal with it.

lol!

TTFN

Karma does have a way of biting one in the backside. Maybe next time she'll ask first before borrowing.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm a university student. You'd think my fellow students would've figured out the art of keeping and eye on the time and then, when it's time for the lecture to start; just shut up!
But... no. They keep going "Yadda, yadda, yadda." after the lecturer has begun trying to get everyone's attention, sometimes even the lecturer has started speaking.

Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 1:46 am

Let me get this straight.  You first told us we were going into a new project, even got some of us to choose a training schedule.  Then not even two days later things change.  Now we have to choose between two different projects and both have training schedules for 3p to midnight.  What idiot thinks this is okay?  I don't drive, everyone knows this.  I need a day schedule for training. Secondly telling how one project is better than the other is a bunch of bs.  I know what the first project goes through.  They are expected to upsell all of the time.  Plus they work mandatory overtime, ten plus hrs. a day.  Sorry I just ha a heart valve replaced and now you just put me under additional stress with this change.  No wonder this company is constantly being sued.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 5:20 am

Not fun! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2015 8:06 am

...Danish News are you insinuating he got hit by the same bullet 16 times. Are you fucking kidding me.
Also tuMBLR STOP BEING DOWN ALL THE DAMN TIME ARGFH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   4 - Rant Away Please - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant Away Please
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: