Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rant Away Please

Go down 
+38
Stormcatcher
IceTooth
Prayer
Trollbabe
G0lden
PCoquelin
Embala
Sifra
Miss Gillespie
Evil Evie
underthetree
ErinC1978
Zadzi
sun girl
Wisp
Outlier
Bluetree
Tam
Startear
Shadowpath
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
Nibblet
jaRf
Leanan
TrollHammer
Cleopatra
wolfmoonsky
KR Wordgazer
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Miscellaneous
Davrille
faeriegirl
Kindredsoul
manga
Kojiyumi
anj tuesday
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

Rant Away Please - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 29, 2018 8:10 am

You know what, Eurosport? Fuck you!
Fuck you for always pushing my sport to the back of things, the latest bit being showing a Formula E race rather than the finale stage of a World Tour race!
Fuck you for calling yourself "Home of Cycling" when it's so obviously not true.
Fuck you for laying sole claims on the Giro, and the other RCS races.
And most of all, fuck you for not even being consistent with your schedules. From three different sources I got three different pieces of information today, what the hell am I supposed to believe?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySat May 12, 2018 12:50 pm

If people don't want me to partake in something they should just tell me. 
Hearing somebody say 'they're worried you'll ruin the party' fucking hurt, ok?
The whole 'find a way around it without saying we don't her around' is getting really tiring at this point.

I'm not going to be mad if you're completely honest with me.
I get fucking angry when you try and be nice and gentle over it.

Take your sword and stab me outright, it's kinder than stringing me along.

Urgh, I'm go buy some stuff for tonight.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySun May 27, 2018 8:06 am

From Facebook group:
Quote :
Richard Pini
25. Mai um 07:49

Dear friends, readers, and fans: it is with deep regret that I announce the cancellation of the remainder of the Elfquest 40th anniversary tour, the scrapping of all future Elfquest projects, and the complete withdrawal by Wendy and me from any and all future public appearance. Why this sudden and drastic change of course, after decades of greatly appreciated recognition and acclaim? Simple. Recently, we declined to participate in a fan project that would have involved granting permissions that were not ours to give, as well as answering a long list of questions, the answers to which are already available in numerous places on the web. Clearly, our desire neither to abuse the rules of copyright, nor to waste our time, was unforgivably selfish on our part. We heard back and were derided for our shortsightedness in not taking advantage of the valuable publicity our participation would have afforded us. Upon reflection, we have come to the conclusion that, yes, our decision was a fatal one. Our inclusion on major best seller lists, the continuing coverage by national and international news outlets, all these can count for nothing now, in the face of this single, rash mistake. So it is time to pack up our tent, cast aside the work of a lifetime, and fade into self-engendered obscurity.
Just kidding. About the self-imposed exile part, that is. The rest actually happened.

EDIT to clarify for very nervous readers: "Just kidding. About the tour, future projects, and exile parts, that is. The rest actually happened.
Seriously?

Is it seriously still necessary to make those kind of "jokes", Mr. Pini?

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySun May 27, 2018 8:31 am

Embala wrote:
Is it seriously still necessary to make those kind of "jokes", Mr. Pini?
More than ever.

But maybe I'm the only one identifying the extreme level of irony and sarcasm hidden behind that not-so-subtle FB post, by the nastybadeditorbigthing we call elfpop.

In short :

Rant Away Please - Page 12 PC998_DCA4_EmberAv

Elfquest ( as we fans know and have learned to love, all along ) is dead.

That said, I cannot even confirm anything about any FB group, since..
..on june, 10th 2017, the FB 'bots deactivated my FB account ( that I had been using intensively for nearly three years ), without warning, without invoking any reason for it, without allowing me to fix anything potentially wrong, and since I would NOT follow their abusive process, in order to get it reactivated.. I STILL cannot get it back.
Hence, my fatalistic mind concludes:

To Hell with Facebook!

( There.. I ranted away. )

Last edited by PCoquelin on Sun May 27, 2018 2:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySun May 27, 2018 1:41 pm

Ugh, what a gigantic mara.

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyMon May 28, 2018 7:51 am

Um...I don't understand what ELFPOP is saying. What is being cancelled and what is irony/a joke? My English is not that well. *sobs*

Why is nasty Elfpop even making jokes while many fans are obviously angry and dissatisfied? Rude much?

I also hate Facebook... deleted my account years ago.

Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyMon May 28, 2018 7:59 am

After rereading I take it as in his Edit he says his whole post was a nasty joke except of that copyright bla bla...-.-. Seriously. Not funny.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 7:18 am

You know ... highly oversized pictures really spoil the reading quality.

It is no fun to scroll to the outer right and back to the left for each line I want to read. It is great to embed the direct link for full picture view ... but it does not help at all for readability. And it is not pleasant to look at the loveliest drawing when it jumps in your eye by filling full screen with a 2/3 cutout.

I guess ... most of you simply don't know. It has become really common. Probably it's not a problem when you run on mobile mode. Or with those common wide screens. *sigh* I have no "mobile something" ... just an oldfashioned comp. And I cannot handle wide screens - my eyes tend to switch betweens lines when they get too long and it makes headache.

Just my personal problem ... I shouldn't be annoyed about it.

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 9:47 am

You know...
I've noticed that in ANY human community, nowadays, there is always only a SMALL proportion of members who actively participate, most simply following, reading, profitting.. but keeping inactive or barely active.

I've come to sadly interpret it as the fact the sense of SHARING is getting lost, more and more.

Just my personal problem ... I shouldn't be annoyed about it.

Yet..

..everyone has much to share.

Last edited by PCoquelin on Thu May 31, 2018 10:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 10:11 am

I agree with you, Em. It annoys me too, so it's not just your personal problem.

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 10:13 am

About picture sizes, I TRY and maintain a maximum of 800 pixels wide.

Pleeeeze tell me if it's too much, elf friends, or if I left too oversized pix, somewhere!

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 12:26 pm

Great music video from Lindsey Stirling, PC! Love her violin play and the masterful piano play of the blind pianist...so touching. <3

About the oversized drawings I posted: I am so sorry, Embala and other people who were annoyed. :-( I only use my mobile phone and it's hard for me to scroll through the web version with my mobile. However sometimes I check the web version because I can only see some functions displayed on the web version. For example PM's or signatures etc..I realized too late I posted super big pictures because they are shown quite tiny on the mobile version. Next time I will be more careful!

Speaking of it, I can't upload pictures with my mobile phone anymore. :-( On Google Chrome it's not working at all- on Firefox I was able to upload for a few days. Now it's not working either. Must be something with my mobile phone because it was no problem when I tried with a computer. Annoying for a mobile user... :-(

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 12:33 pm

*hugs* Not being able to upload pictures is much worse than oversized postings. Sad Annoying much.

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:22 pm

Embala wrote:
*hugs* Not being able to upload pictures is much worse than oversized postings. Sad Annoying much.

Agreed with.

( From experience )

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:10 pm

Aww *warm hugs back*.

It may be annoying but I am relieved I can still share links to my drawings with you guys. So they will be just one click away from fathertreeholt. Hope that will not be a nuisance (but I think that's better than sharing nothing at all?).

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 2:21 pm

Much better than nothing!

Still ... when it worked before there is no reason it cannot work again. Maybe something with swamped storage? You need a mobile phone doc or just a savvy youth! ^^

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 3:28 pm

I searched the internet and found that picture upload malfunctioning can happen due to wrong internet browsers like Chrome. I changed to Firefox and it worked for a few days. Afterwards, same problem. Even after excessively cleaning my mobile phone with avast cleaner and own cleaning on settings. I have loads of free space on my phone (more than 10GB free space on SD card). It's just not working anymore...

However after vacation I have access to a laptop again and may exchange the links with original pictures (of reasonable size^^).
So sorry for the nuisance!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 5:30 pm

Fairyring ... can it be that your pics are so pixel heavy that they exceed the upload limits of servimg?
It also depends whether you save as .jpg or .png ... jpg needs much less storage. (Downside: it's less clear.)

Looking forward to laptop access! NOW have FUN! sunny

Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 3:42 am

Aww thank you for trying to help me out Embala. <3 I used exactly the same pictures and it worked on the laptop but wouldn't upload on my mobile phone. ^^ I can't upload anything on my phone no matter which format or size...

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 4:25 pm

Strongbow Scowl

My tv2.play account is acting up. I don't wanna have to watch the Tour on Eurosport!

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 02, 2018 6:59 am

I am annoyed. I have used so much time and energy to schedule a showing for a possible candidate, and when we finally manage to find a sollution (FaceTime) the person doesn’t respond. At all, despite knowing that my window is super limited due to me traveling today. I could have traveled yesterday but I couldn’t due to this showing.

Urgh.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 3:24 am

Oh... great. My phone is acting up, so I can't log off Facebook. Just great... why the fuck does closing the window/tab not automatically log you off?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 4:29 am

Big Brother is watching you! ^^

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 6:26 am

Embala wrote:
Big Brother is watching you! ^^

More so than most people guess..

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Oh me oh my, how I hate my job. And my moronic, doughy, stupid, cowardly POS of a manager.
Keep working us like dogs mates, we are leaving in droves! I am waiting to hear back on a very exciting new job and I'm getting plenty of interviews so it is just a matter of time.

You are all so out of touch. Fire us, demote us, pay us crappy wages...the market is strong and we are in high demand. Can't wait to put your sorry butts in my rear view mirror! And make more money to boot, you pile of insipid scaramouches!

I hope everything falls apart and you lie in the ashes peeing yourselves. And pooping for good measure!

The good part is that I am so stressed after work so I am enjoying some very good craft beers from our local market. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rant Away Please   Rant Away Please - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant Away Please
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: