Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ElfQuest Family Tree

Go down 
+7
Sadachbia
Redhead Ember
Josine
Embala
G0lden
Wiseshaman
Kindredsoul
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree Empty
PostSubject: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 4:17 pm

Just making a new topic Razz

Back in 2010, I made a family tree but never quite finished it. It was made in paint and the lines were very close to each other sometimes, so it was difficult to distinguish all the relations and almost impossible to edit something if the pictures needed to be rearranged, because of too little space to add in parents, for example. In summer 2013 I decided to remake the tree, in Photoshop this time. Some of you have already seen my progress on the original forum. I still update this from time to time Smile

Here's the link to the family tree (spoiler warning! contains spoilers for the Final Quest up to the last issue):
Family Tree

By the way comments and suggestions are always welcome! Smile

Notes about this tree:
There are a few uncertainties in this tree:

• Redlance being Spark's grandson is not confirmed, but it is known that his grandfather was a treeshaper;
  • Kahvi's father could also be Graywolf, but in my opinion Two-Spear is more likely;
  • Brill's and Krill's parents being Haze and Farbright is likely, but not confirmed;
  • It's not confirmed that Owl is Longbranch' (and One-Eyes') father;

Theories not included in the tree:

• Moonshade's father might be Mantricker - we only know that her mother was his lifemate but they never recognized (I'm personally very skeptical of this one)
  • Pike's mother might be Brightwater - it is rumored that he got his violet eyes from his mother, and Brightwater is known to have violet eyes, like her daugher Moonshade.
  • The child of Earth and Timmain might be Rellah, but I find that unlikely.
  • Judging from haircolours, I think that Acorn is Mantricker's sire and Lionleaper is the father of Speedwell (whose great-grandson also has red hair). But, nothing about this theory is confirmed nor denied.
  • According to the BOTC1 novel, Wreath is Samael's grandchild. But the BOTC2 novel states that an unknown elf from a different tribe is her father.

Update log:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Zinegirl on Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:50 am; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://zinegirl.deviantart.com/art/ElfQuest-Family-Tree-SPOILERS
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 2:57 am

I never saw this before Shocked But so amazing, Zinegirl! This must have taken A LOT of work and research time!

I honestly think it should be "stickied" at the top of the section here so it can always be found easily for those who need it as a reference tool for things like fanfiction writing. That is, if you don't mind

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 4:42 am

Thanks for your compliment Smile
And I don't mind getting this stickied!

Wiseshaman

Wiseshaman

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:04 am

Yes Zinegirl, that is an awesome piece of work...it should most certainly be stickied!

I know...that sounds gross...

http://www.rkanepublications.com/
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:08 am

Cool idea.

Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 3:02 pm

I am planning an update soon with more minor characters from Prey-Pacer's era.

Btw I found somewhere that Plenty was a child of Ice and Rushwater and was planning to add that as wel but now I'm reading on some site that Plenty is a child of Badger and Snowflower... Now I'm wondering where my previous information came from Surprised

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Plenty is the cub of Ice and Rushwater as long as the Wolfrider's Guide still counts as a reliable source.

Ice challenged Rahnee for leadership and won. He took Rahnee's knife, his lifemate Rushwater, their cub Plenty, and many of the Wolfriders and left to form his own tribe.

Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 3:36 pm

Embala wrote:
Plenty is the cub of Ice and Rushwater as long as the Wolfrider's Guide still counts as a reliable source.

Ice challenged Rahnee for leadership and won. He took Rahnee's knife, his lifemate Rushwater, their cub Plenty, and many of the Wolfriders and left to form his own tribe.
Ah I see now, thanks! It's very confusing that the BOTC novels contradict stuff every so often.

It's also a shame that I don't have access to the Wolfrider's Guide Sad

Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 4:55 pm

It's updated! Added Windwhisper, daughter of Kree, and her offspring. Added Journey as child of Selnac and Timmorn. Added Plenty as child of Ice and Rushwater. Changed Chitter's name to 'Freetouch'.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 5:18 pm

Excellent work, Zinegirl! Like

Where did you find Redlance's ancestry?

I volonteer to do reserch for you in the Wolfrider Guide, Zinegirl. One is glad to be of service.

Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:05 pm

Embala wrote:
Excellent work, Zinegirl! Like

Where did you find Redlance's ancestry?

I volonteer to do reserch for you in the Wolfrider Guide, Zinegirl. One is glad to be of service.
Redlance ancestry is partly speculation; his grandfather was a treeshaper and Spark (goodtree's grandson) was also a treeshaper. Thus, it could be that Redlance's grandfather is Spark.

All theories/speculation that are and are not included in the tree are actually stated in the description of the tree on DeviantArt Wink

And thank you for your offer, that would be very helpful! If I find more confusing things I'll turn to you Very Happy

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyThu Jan 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Hmm... cannot find the thread(?) where you asked me to look up Talen. The Wolfrider's Guide is not a great help. Talen is listed twice.

1. "Talen wes a contemporary of Prey-Pacer, and of Two-Spear. Other pureblooded Wlves mentioned by Zarhan included ..."

2. Rage was Talen's wolf friend.

While the first mention allows the conclusion that Talen is immortal as well the second one seems to hint that he is wolfblooded. Or - did the purebloods among the Wolfrider's had wolf bonds too?

Personally I see Talen among the pureblooded descendents of the Firstcomers. He seemed to be familiar with Rellah and she rarely fraternized with wolflings ... with Willowgreen and Skyfire as an exception ...

Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Hmm if he doesn't have wolfblood then I don't really have a colour for him.. He's not really firstborn either.

I was going through the site I'm getting my info from (I think most of the information from there is from the BOTC novels or something - anyway it keeps contradicting itself.) It says that Samael Dreamkeeper is Windwhisper's grandfather, but at the same time Windwhisper is Kreanne's daughter.
So it could be that Samael is Windwhisper's grandfather from her father's side - but is it also mentioned somewhere in the Wolfriders Guide?

Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 1:03 pm

Any speculations on who the father of Venka's unborn child might be?  Surprised  Just a random Go-Back or someone more significant? Venka

Spoiler:

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 3:04 pm

In case it's not supposed to be another "big unexpected surprise" (I don't think so) it's most probably a Go-Back. And from what we've seen so far Mirff would be the best to place a bet.

Sending You might need a Family Tree with wormholes! Sending

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Maybe the father will forever remain unknown.

Why is this a spoiler?:

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 10:05 am

Updated the tree for the first time in over two years :p Changed the colour of gliders and also (spoiler for FQ 22):
Spoiler:
Furthermore (more spoilers):
Spoiler:

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 3:02 pm

I knew you'd manage! Like

Sadachbia

Sadachbia

Aquarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyWed Nov 01, 2017 12:10 am

Per Wendy on Facebook, Mirff is Satreeka's sire. It was commented on in the comic.
Back to top Go down
http://AmethystSadachbia.deviantART.com
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyFri Nov 03, 2017 5:02 pm

I'm glad it's Mirff, and not Windkin who's the sire. Windkin being the sire would just be terribly confusing! Teir would be her uncle and her brother...
Not to mention all the having sex with both parent and child going on. Kahvi with both Tyldak and Windkin, Windkin with both Kahvi and Venka... (And earlier Cutter with both Kahvi and Venka...)

(And I actually - briefly - believed Mirff's joke that it was Sunstream. There's nothing saying Sunstream and Venka never danced...)

Hmm... I'm curious about the source for some of the early-generation elves.
Back to top Go down
Josine

Josine

Sagittarius Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Updated my Family Tree for maybe the last time? Spoiler warning for FQ24

Redhead Ember wrote:

Hmm... I'm curious about the source for some of the early-generation elves.
There is some site that has a lot of info. I think their info comes from the BotC anthologies for a great part.
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/eqzjahra/

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Thing is, I've been getting my info from this site, and there are several contradictions.

For example:
According to my source Snowflower and Badger, rather than Ice and Rushwater, are the parents of Plenty.

(Samael) Dreamkeeper was the grandfather of Wreath (through and unknown son recognizing Laststar), and - possibly - the father of Greywolf and Owl (with Frost), of course that would also mean that Wreath was the cousin of Longbranch and One-Eye.

And nobody had kids with their (half) siblings according to my source!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 5:42 pm

I don't wonder that differrent sites seem to hold contradicting informations. Both can offer the infos with best intentions and diligence. It's the prose stories which often contradict one another in the first place.

I love your family tree and the effort you put into it, Zinegirl! Like Great job.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 7:00 pm

But, seriously; what's with all the people having kids with their (half) siblings?

I don't quite understand this either:

Quote :
Maalvi was Hassbet's cousin and the uncle to Savah. He and Hassbet jointed together to bear the first of many Sun Villagers.

If Maalvi was Hassbet's cousin, and Hassbet was Savah's mother, how does that make Maalvi Savah's uncle? Maalvi was the brother of Savah's father?

And I've recently realised that it's very possible that Dreen was the father of Alekah.

Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree EmptyMon Mar 05, 2018 7:06 pm

It starts to look like one of the Tolkien Silmarillion heritage trees. Smile

Good work. You might have done Kahvi in star-shape, though, cause she went to the furs with everyone in reach, and who knows what other children there are. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ElfQuest Family Tree   fimily tree - ElfQuest Family Tree Empty

Back to top Go down

ElfQuest Family Tree
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next