Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

Outlier's Artliers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Outlier

Outlier

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 3:03 pm

So, this is where I'll be posting my art. I know most of you were active on the old scroll around the same time I was, so most of this will be familiar, but I am going to try to make this my complete archive, so there also might be a thing or two that hasn't been posted before. Maybe some new stuff, too.

I want to start with a word about my art background - I really don't have one. I think I took a semester of art in middle school (11-12 years old) and at about the same time had a handful of lessons from an artist friend of the family - to keep me occupied one summer, I think. After that, I kind of did the opposite of most pre-teen/teen girls, and instead of shying away from math and science decided to jump fully in to my left brain. Other than a doodle from time to time, I really didn't draw after I was about 15 or so. Until...

About 9 years ago I was cruising the internet and thought about those last two issues of the original quest that I still needed to find to complete my collection. I googled EQ and wound up at the official site, where they were celebrating EQ's 30th anniversary. There was a page of tribute art, and that inspired me to do this:

Outlier's Artliers 12010210

I actually still feel a mix of pride and horror when I look at this. On the one hand, it's terrible. But on the other hand, it was soo much better than anything I thought I could do after not drawing for about 20 years.I thought "Wow! I can do this." Within a couple weeks I made this:

Outlier's Artliers 12010211

Which is actually much better I think.

I have been searching the house for my sketchbook from when I was a teenager. If I can find it I'll be posting some really old stuff for your general amusement.  Laughing

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 3:49 pm

These are two lovely couple portraits! I love you I love you I love you You should keep on drawing. I'd love to see more couples...you catch their personalities, especially Moonshades.

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 5:07 pm

*squeals!* Love these!!

and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOo jealous of you!! I've been drawing for over 30 years and I can't get the knack of drawing hands and fingers like you do! Laughing

*helps you to find that sketchbook!!*

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 12:14 am

@Kindredsoul wrote:
and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOo jealous of you!! I've been drawing for over 30 years and I can't get the knack of drawing hands and fingers like you do!  Laughing

Yeah, I've heard people say that they hate drawing hands, but it's actually something I really like, and usually one of the things that come out best for me. I always struggle with mouths.

Here's more couples, Fairyring! And I did keep on drawing for a couple of years. This is only the first couple of drops in the downpour that will eventually be here. Better grab an umbrella!

Outlier's Artliers Nightf10

Outlier's Artliers Clearb12

And kind of a what-if couple.

Outlier's Artliers Rayek_11

Outlier

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:01 am

Outlier's Artliers Kahvi_10

Outlier's Artliers Kahvi110

Outlier's Artliers Pike_110

Kindredsoul

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 12:17 am

Outlier's Artliers Smileys-applause-761326

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 12:40 am

Another "what-if"

Outlier's Artliers Img_2010

This was a secret santa exchange for Stargazer.

Outlier's Artliers Secret10

And these were a secret santa for Sofia. They are illustrations for a story she had where the Wolfriders and Sun-villagers were reversed, so we have Sun-villagers Tam, Fahr, and Twen:

Outlier's Artliers Lights13

And Wolfriders Lightstep (Leetah), Loudlaugh (Shen-Shen), and Stargaze (Rayek).
Outlier's Artliers Lights14

This was for a story about One-Eye and Clearbrook's daughter, I think written by Crimson Anna.
Outlier's Artliers One-ey10

And this was for one of the fanart Fridays that were on the EQ facebook page for a while.
Outlier's Artliers Cutter10

Rainflower

Libra Snake

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:16 pm

@Outlier wrote:

Outlier's Artliers 12010211

:

I love this one. Reminds me of when he tought Crescent to shoot.
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySun May 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Here's some more experimenting with drawing comic pages. This is the story "Coming of Age" by Lynn Abbey from the Blood of Ten Chiefs anthology. After the first page I kinda gave up on trying to do any backgrounds.  Laughing

Outlier's Artliers Coming10

Outlier's Artliers Coming11

Outlier's Artliers Coming12

Outlier

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:48 am

I finally did something with some markers I got for Christmas.  Can you guess who?Outlier's Artliers Img_2011

Sifra

Pisces Goat

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Wow, she looks mean. Is that Lightstep? She seems to have a different personality than in the comics. Smile I like her.
I also like the comic.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Leetah. Beautiful Leetah. Changed Leetah. The leafgreen eyes, the red lips and the golden ear rings ... but not the teasing playful mood. This one is much more serious, thoughtful - burdened with responisbility. Yes, this can be Lightfoot.

I like how you've left the face and bust sketchiy and greyscaled - and just highligted eyes, lips and jewelry in bright colors, jeb. The the sparcely colored hair works well connectin the greyscale with the colors.

Thank you for bringing your expressive art back in this thread, Outlier. It was - and still is - a wonderful journey to nostalgic memories. *bows*

Last edited by Embala on Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 5:08 pm

I recently adopted a new character at River Twine Holt, Nightstorm.

This is my first portrait of her.
Outlier's Artliers <a href=Outlier's Artliers Att_1411" />

She's a tanner, and I decided to give her a penchant for trying on other elves clothes. The outfit she's wearing belongs to the fellow behind her. I don't think he's minding too much.
Outlier's Artliers <a href=Outlier's Artliers Att_1412" />

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 1:48 am

Very Happy I remember the "Coming of Age" comic! One of my favorite pieces of eq artwork ever! So happy to see it again!
Nightstorm looks stunning! What do you use to colour?
I love her expression and the lighting in the second one.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 4:24 am

Nightstorm looks amazing ... hypntic eyes! Her expression is so calm and questioning at the same time. She really makes eye contact with ME. I love her detailed feather necklace and the flow and texture of her black tresses. This braid turned out adorable. The dark sunset clouds in the background add the perfect mood. Their glow matches her lips. For me Nightsorm looks like she literally "stepped out of the night sky".

I vaguely remember this guy ... is color scheme is familiar. Looks like he's more interested in her putting down the duds again. ^^ She and her lover may be of similar size but not of the same shape for sure! *chuckles* The guy's hands turned out too small and short, especially in direct comparism with Nightstorm's hands. They are placed very prominently and and life like - caught in the act of dressing. I love the dark hues with the moonlight reflecting on her headband and his golden crest and soft skin.

It's wonderful to know you are still drawing, Outlier. sunny Thank you for sharing. I love to see your art.

Sponsored content

Outlier's Artliers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outlier's Artliers   Outlier's Artliers Empty

Back to top Go down

Outlier's Artliers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: ElfQuest FanArt and FanFiction-
Jump to: