Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0   Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:47 am

Alright, trying to move here my project for an (unofficial) timeline and birth-orders of the WaveDancers. I want to try and see if the current tribe can be listed in birth order, to give us all an idea of who was alive when, who is younger than who, and so on.

I know Wendy doesn't really care all that much about timelines and parentages, but it's the sort of stuff that I like to obsess and elaborate over - especially with regard to my beloved WaveDancers Wink - so I'm hoping not to bore you all with my brainstorming and theories. And if you wanna join the fun, dive right in! It's *always* under construction and this is v. 2.0 since its creation. See post title for updates! ^_^

In this first post, I'll include the timeline I have figured out thus far. Next come  bits and pieces of speculations from which each entry is derived, and my list of sources.

CHRISTINA'S (UNOFFICIAL) WAVEDANCERS TIMELINE / BIRTHS ORDER (v. 2.0)

• Several centuries before OQ ("Wolfrider!"-era or earlier)- The WaveDancers elders are born. There's no way to know who was born before who or just how many years before SABM, however the birth order should be roughly like this; Coral and Salt are born (and again there's no telling who is older, although Salt is said to be the eldest living WaveDancer in "Turning Tide" and "The Discovery" ). Some time later, Spray, Redcrest, Longfin, and possibly Pirn, Shadowcrest and Pearlare born (these three are lifemated to elders, but they might in fact have been younger than their partners). Then, some more time passes and Haze, Farbright, Drift and Fairshell are born.

• At least 100+ years before OQ -  Surgeis born to an adult Coral (at least 100+). Skimmer, Reef and a third healer (who lived to see Coral die, helped Snakeskin to create a protective coral barrier around Crest Point and died some undetermined time later) are also born within this time, because 100 years later there are "three healers" at Crest Point and two of them, at the very least, are Skimmer (the Broken One was said to be the "only one failure" she knew) and Reef (Reef might have been an early bloomer - he looked very youthful in his flashback - so I'm pinning him down as being born 80/70 years before his run-in with Winnowill). Toward the end spectrum of these 100 years - the WaveDancers settle at Crest Point, from which Reef came when he met Winnowill.

• Short after SABM #8 - Reef (possibly not even 100 years old at the time) runs into Winnowill and is turned into the Broken One.

• During the 9.000 years after Disappearance (KOTBW) - The only elf whose birth we can pin down with some certainty is Skimback, since he wasn't alive when Reef ran into Winnowill (he speaks of Reef's incident with the words; "The tale goes that he swam off alone..."). My guess is that he was born within the first 1000 years the tribe spent at Crest Point (he does act in a big-brotherly way toward Snakeskin, like he's older and wiser) and then there were a good 8000 years worth of stagnation - think Blue Mountain - before the tribe was blessed by "new spawnings". Failing that, he could be born in the last 1000 years of the disappearances, like Brill and the others.

• About 9400 years after Disappearance - Brill, Krill, Darshek, Snakeskin and (possibly) Zephyr, Spine and maybe No-Ripple and Stormsong (if it's No-Ripple and Farbright looking over an injured male elf that Skimmer is healing in Surge's flashback - otherwise No-Ripple and Stormsong's births could have happened much further down the line, and the two elves in the panel might be Spine's parents... or No-Ripple's) are born (might account for Crest Point having been the WaveDancers home "since only a few spawnings" - an elf term for births, according to EQFQ#8 - at the time of Coral's death). Pirn dies of unknown reasons - other than illness and killed by humans, because the WD still didn't know men at that time - when Darshek is just a baby.

• About 9450 years after Disappearance - Redcrest's plantshaping powers manifest when he's already an elder (Wavecatcher calls him "old Redcrest"). Compared to an average bloomer like Wavelet and early bloomers like Korafay and (possibly) Reef, he verges more toward Ahdri's end of the spectrum.

• About 9500 years after Disappearance - Humans find Crest Point. Coral is killed, and Haze and Farbright die shortly after her funeral (all three of them were said to be "the first" elves killed by humans, so they probably died within very close distance. We know that Coral was the very first because an elf who looks like Haze and may be him is seen pushing her lifeless body in the waters - Farbright might as well be one of the shadows standing back at the funeral. By this time, Darshek, Brill - and Krill, since they're twins - as well as someone who looks an awful lot like either Zephyr or Strand - are all seen as adults.) Wavecatcher, Glimmer, Gull and Sandspinner are all born within 20 years or so before or after this event (Wavecatcher claims that Zephyr and the others knew little of the ocean beyond Crest Point, indicating they were all born after the tribe settled there to begin with). Sandsparkle, and Strand if that's not him pushing Coral's boat, are born some undetermined time after this (if the two shadows standing at Coral's funeral are Longfin and Shadowcrest, it is very possible that she was already pregnant when Coral died).

• Less than 9520 years after Disappearance - Shadowcrest dies of unknown reasons, when Sandsparkle is only a pipling.

• Between 9550-9886 years after Disappearance - The third healer living at Crest Point when Reef ran into Winnowill dies of unknown causes (we know for certain that he helped Snakeskin grow the coral barrier around Crest Point, and Skimmer was said to be the tribe's "only mature healer" when she died, which appears to indicate that he predeceased her. An alternative might be that though ancient, his powers were nowhere near as great as hers, in which case he might have been killed in the same storm season as Skimmer, Fairshell and Drift).

• About 9700 years after Disappearance - Zephyr's band leaves Crest Point to look for a new home. Within a short amount of time (probably not even 10 years) they hit upon the shores of Cavernsong. Wavelet is born, but the colony is wiped out by war-faring humans shortly thereafter. The infant is found and rescued by Perith. Wavecatcher wakes up among the corpses and takes up wandering. Around the same time, at Crest Point, Foam (who is "too young to remember" Zephyr's band taking off) - and possibly Kroosh - are born.

• About 9820 years after Disappearance - Wavelet discovers she's a plantshaper. Perith's son is an old man by this time, and his grand-son likely a grown up man. (A slight inconsistency with her looking like a pre-teen in the picture - or maybe she just developed slowly, like Tumble, Moonmirror and Puffer in later years).

• About 9950 years after Disappearance - Ardan Djarum is born the bastard son of Grohmul Djun and an unknown mother.

• About 9977 years after Disappearance - Moonmirror and Tumble are born (we know from Brill's words that in "The Discovery" they are physically "older than Sunstream", who is "two eights and two"). Stormsong probably dies when his son is very young  or during the three years of No-Ripple's pregnancy. Around this time, Kahram is born from Ardan Djarum and a loveless wife he married, presumably a short time after Ellia's death.

• About 9985 years after Disappearance - Puffer is born.

• 9999 years after Disappearance - First Skimmer, and then Drift and Fairshell are slained during the storm season (one year before the events in "Turning Tide" and "WaveDancers") by human whalers, including Kahram since the ship that killed Skimmer had the same insignia of the one his father would sail on a year later. Surge kills the humans, but leaves the tribe with his lifemate's body immediately thereafter and Snakeskin becomes the new chief.

• 9999 years after Disappearance - "Turning Tide", the WaveDancers storyline and the lost chapters take place, roughly around the same time as the Palace reappears. To date there are only nineteen elves (Salt, Spray, Surge, Redcrest, Longfin, the Broken One, Brill, Krill, Skimback, Sandsparkle, Darshek, Kroosh, Strand, Foam, Spine, No-Ripple, Tumble, Moonmirror and Puffer) living at Crest Point. All the other WaveDancers died at some point of others - and many of the Crest Point elves, at the very least, were killed by humans (according to Sunstream's statement that there have been many wrongs done to the WaveDancers by war-faring humans). Wavecatcher's story was originally meant to take place at the same time as the "main" storyline, but it's been almost certainly ret-conned to happen at a later time (see below).

• 7 years after Reappearance (SHARDS/NB) - Wavecatcher meets Yun, the first elf he comes across in near 300 years (roughly the span of five human lives since the destruction of Cavernsong, which is how long Wavelet was the Good Spirit of Plenty in the village of the people). He waits for her to return through eight-and-four floodings (I'm calculating 4 or 5 flooding - great floods, like in a monsoon? - per year, making it about three years he spent waiting). The Shards War (in Djunsland) and the Door War (in the Forevergreen) take place.

• 10 years after Reappearance (DISC/WD segments with Wavecatchers) - "The Discovery" takes place (one year after the end of "Searcher and the Sword"). Sunstream Recognizes Brill while in wrapstuff (about ten years after "Turning Tide" and the events of the "WaveDancers" storyline). The Palace visits the WaveDancers, and Surge meets his end in the destruction of Crest Point. Now led by Snakeskin, the WaveDancer set out to look for a new home. In the Forevergreen, Wavecatcher meets Windkin and together they run into Wavelet, who is iving in the Village of People - but it's unknown what becomes of them after Windkin's return to the Sun Village.

• 13 years after Reappearance (EQFQ) - Korafay is born in the "Final Quest Special". Windkin, having since returned in the forsaken Sun Village, is found and rescued by Leetah and Skywise.

The timeline then realigns and jumps ahead of 20-odd years
    (+ the time between Bee's and Ruffel's death,
    + the time between Ruffel's death and Sunstream's return to the Palace
    + the time that Ember spent captive,
    + the time that it took Windkin to reach the Go-Backs lodge).

During this time, Angrif captures his half-brother Ardan Djarum (who was still bent on destroying the sea demons) and tortures him into insanity, after killing his own father (so depending on when the Djun's death takes place, we can roughly know for how long Ardan was kept captive. Wonder what did he do between the end of the "WaveDancers" story arc and his capture, though? His clothes and the background still suggest that he was a shipmaster, though with how intent he was on destroying the WaveDancers, there ought to be far more losses than just Sandsparkle's baby. Maybe he was imprisoned by the mutineers of his own ship?)

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"
Sunstream and Brill, 1999 "Lovemates" Calendar

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:00 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Broken link fixed)
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0   Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:48 am

Some of my sources...

Flashback #1 (Turning Tide) - first elves to be killed by humans (if we want to be technical and *if* it's Haze who pushes Coral's boat in flashback #3, then Coral was the very first human victim, and Haze and Farbright probably died right after), as well as deaths that took part only "last storm season" before Turning Tide. We later learn that Skimmer died before Moonmirror's parents ("the storms had come and gone only twice since Skimmer and Surge vanished").

Flashback #2 (Metamorphosis) - set after Coral's death, when Surge wanted to fight the humans back.

Flashback #3 (EQ2#1) - Coral's funeral, set about 500 years before Turning Tide.

FLashback #3b (EQ2#1) - (cont.) from Coral's funeral to the departure of Zephyr's band (when?).

Flashback #4 (EQ2#2) - Skimmer healing a random elf. Took place before her death in the storm season before WD#1.

Flashback #5 (EQ2#5) - Wavecatcher recounts that he met Yun "eight-and-four floodings ago". What's a flooding and how often does it occurr?

Flashback #6 (EQ2#21) - Zephyr's band takes off from Crest Point (some undetermined time after Coral's death).

Flashback #6b (EQ2#21) - (cont. of the above) Zephyr's band settles at Cavernsong after much time at sea. Later on, Wavelet is born.

Flashback #6c (EQ2#21) - (cont. of the above) Zephyr's band is slaughtered, when Wavelet's still a tiny infant (Marish found her a newborn babe in the woods). If we can figure out Wavelet's age then we'd know indicatively for how long Wavecatcher has been wandering before he met Yun. Trickier to say how much time it took for Zephyr's band to reach Cavernsong so we can figure out how much spent they spent journeying and how much in their new home.

Flashback #7 (EQ2#31) - WaveDancers have already settled at Crest Point, and there are three healers in the tribe, when young Reef goes off to explore.

Flashback #7b (EQ2#31) - (cont. of above) set short after Tyldak dropped Winnowill in the island at the end of SABM. Reef runs into her.

Flashback #7c (EQ2#31) - (cont. of above) Reef is "broken" by Winnowill.

Flashback #8 (EQ2#31) - First and only mention of Stormsong and how he died. No hint as to where his death should be placed in the timeline, tho.

Flashback #14 (missing chapters) - Darshek sees the ghostly Pirn and Shadowcrest. If he knows what both of his mother's lifemates looked like, he must be the oldest of the siblings (because Pirn died when he was just a baby. Longfin says that "Darshek barely knew his father Pirn", and Salt later comments "Pirn will be happy to see the grown son he last saw as a newborn pip". So Pirn, at the very least, was already long deceased at the time of Coral's funeral in flashback #1).

"She answered his faraway, telepathic call, introducing him to her watery domain. Her longings fulfilled, she knows he will soon go by another name on this world... and on many others. Will she go with him?"

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0   Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:48 am

Misc speculations, with insightful entries from @Embala! Very Happy I wished to quote @RedheadEmber's posts too, but I couldn't find her in the member list and I'm not going to post the without her permission... Red, hope you can find your way here!

Birth orders; first draft.

Spoiler:

Floodings, and Wavecatcher

Spoiler:

Age of Redcrest

Spoiler:

Wavelet and the village of the people

Spoiler:

Skimback
Spoiler:

Age and development of pips

Spoiler:

"Since only a few spawnings"

Spoiler:

Snakeskin's age

Spoiler:

Korafay in "Final QUest" Special

Spoiler:

The timeline in the "WaveDancers" story arc

Spoiler:

On Wavecatcher
Spoiler:

On Ardan Djarum, Kahram and Grohmul Djun...
Spoiler:

No-Ripple and Stormsong
Spoiler:

Last edited by ChristinaRaibert on Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0   Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 11:49 am

(Reserved for more speculations and musings - don't know if there's a word limit for post so just in case!)

Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0   Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:17 pm

Christina's here too! *glomp/hug* Welcome! ^_^
Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0   Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:36 pm

manga wrote:
Christina's here too!  *glomp/hug*  Welcome! ^_^

Manga!! Very Happy cheers *glomps back*

It's almost like the old Scroll never went down sunny

Back to top Go down
ChristinaRaibert

ChristinaRaibert

PostSubject: Re: Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0   Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 1:58 pm

Included @RedheadEmber's bits from the old forum and this is successfully carried over too! YAY!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0   Timeline - Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Christina's (unofficial) WaveDancers timeline v. 2.0
Page 1 of 1