Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stonehowl.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:30 pm

So this began - a very, very, very long time ago - thanks to the "other" forum's Grab Bags. I have always enjoyed presenting myself with a writing challenge to keep my creative mind going. So when I stumbled upon the idea of the Grab Bags - where it's 4 or 5 elements, suggested by various people on the forum - and to make them all fit in a written story - this sounded like the perfect challenge to me. But I wanted to challenge myself further. I wanted to make each of my stories tie into the next. So that the story would focus on this tribe of elves I had created, specifically for the grab bags. The best part was - naturally, I'd never know WHAT the next set of "elements" for the grab bag was going to be - and I'd have to take them and make them work each month, into the story of these existing elves, pushing the story forward.

I scribbled down some general characters and their names, developed their personalities - and wrote the first grab bag. Then I did the next. And then the next. At the height of doing these grab bags - I was very much in love with my characters from the holt I had called "Stonehowl." The name coming from the "stone wolf head" shape of the mountain that the elves, and wolves lived in. (While I have always loved ElfQuest, I never quite understood how the Cutter and crew were so happy to live in trees, if they had wolf blood - you'd think they'd be happier in caves and burrow type homes, like wolves). So anyway, the mountain head has a "wolf shape" - and when the wind blows right, a hole, located right between the ears, allows the wind to pass through, and create a "howling sound" that emits from the "mouth" of the wold head. And thus, Stonehowl.

Somewhere around 2006, this adventure began. And every month that there was a Grab Bag (and that I wasn't away doing something), I added to the story of Stonehowl.

Before I left the "other" forum forever - I had written 52 stories for these elves. Now, when FaerieGirl invited me to this forum - told me it was like the old days - the first thing I did was see if they had a "Grab Bag" post - because that is what was really going to hook me. And they did - and so I returned - but naturally, it does feel like the old forum - so I began chatting outside of just the Grab Bag forum. (Someone needs to put tape on my mouth!)

The main Stonehowl page is here:
http://www.tawmis.com/stonehowl/index.html

Very easy to navigate "navigation bars" on the left.
All the stories I have written so far (other than this month's) have been archived: http://tawmis.com/stonehowl/stories.html
All the tribes and characters mentioned in the story have a thingie: http://tawmis.com/stonehowl/tribe.html Sadly I never got around to filling out everyone's origin as the stories progressed. (One day I may return to that; I never considered it after leaving the other forum). But now that I am doing the Grab Bags again, those character profiles may yet get filled out.
I had done a little FAQ thingie: http://www.tawmis.com/stonehowl/faq.html
Even have a link to a program I wrote for the pen & paper ElfQuest game, along with scans of character sheets, and a scan of the ElfQuest map I had scanned from the RPG game: http://www.tawmis.com/eqroll/ (The program now works on modern machines too!)

Last edited by Tymber on Mon May 11, 2015 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyMon May 11, 2015 4:23 am

I have also now included an Atlas (the map from the official ElfQuest RPG from eons ago) - which is marked with the location of Stonehowl and the Pridewalkers. (As I re-read my stories, I will probably update the Atlas, as well as update the characters).

Be advised, the Atlas is pretty huge (image file size). But if you want to look:

http://tawmis.com/stonehowl/atlas.html

Fairyring

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyMon May 11, 2015 6:30 am

Thank you for sharing, Tymber! I am currently exploring the "Stonehowl holt". This site is complex and amazing!!!  I love you I love you I love you

I am also amazed by Nightsea's art and my favourite elf so far is stream. She is beautiful!

It must have been so much work putting this site on and writing 52 (!) stories! Great job! I put it in my bookmarks and am in pleasant anticipation to read more in times when my baby boy is sleeping and me mother needs a good rest and a good reading! Smile

Great atlas as well. It makes reading more vivid.  "Muchcold water" made me giggle a bit... lol! Fishy Fishy Like

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyMon May 11, 2015 12:15 pm

Thank you very much! The map is "official" from the RPG - the only things I added were the markers for Stonehowl and Pridewalkers - so the "MuchColdWater" is an official thing. Smile

faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:37 am

Stonehowl Holt is such an amazing ongoing story... I truly love that it's back!

And just a tiny bit proud that I helped make that happen Wink

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyTue May 12, 2015 11:37 am

faeriegirl wrote:
Stonehowl Holt is such an amazing ongoing story... I truly love that it's back!
And just a tiny bit proud that I helped make that happen Wink

Thank you, twice over. Thank you for the compliment, and thank you for letting me know about this place. I had given up on the ElfQuest community due to my previous fall out with Richard. So it's nice to find a place, where it feels like "the old days."
Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:38 pm

You're very welcome Tymber!

Fairyring

Taurus Cat

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:11 pm

I'd just like to say:

MuchNiceStoneHowlHolt! study Hammy

Very lightly step around,
Tip-Toe as you pass,
Last night Fairies frolicked there
And they're sleeping somewhere near.

~
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyFri May 22, 2015 8:16 pm

Fairyring wrote:
I'd just like to say:

MuchNiceStoneHowlHolt! study Hammy

Thank you! Happy to be back here and writing stories! Now that I killed off a few - I wonder what new things await. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nightsea

Nightsea

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyTue May 26, 2015 2:51 pm

New dolls of Stream and Starmane are in the doll thread here because of Fairyring's lovely comment!  I can't take credit for the "art" completely...just so you know I am mostly what they call a doller or pixel artist...I take starter art and edit it to suit a bit more.  But I am very glad you liked my "character design" input for Stream.  My favorite one is actually Starmane...because I like the green eyes and black hair combo and her blue color scheme.
--Nightsea
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:49 pm

Nightsea wrote:
New dolls of Stream and Starmane are in the doll thread here because of Fairyring's lovely comment!  I can't take credit for the "art" completely...just so you know I am mostly what they call a doller or pixel artist...I take starter art and edit it to suit a bit more.  But I am very glad you liked my "character design" input for Stream.  My favorite one is actually Starmane...because I like the green eyes and black hair combo and her blue color scheme.
--Nightsea

I will have to go check it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 8:03 am

There was a time when I had fun to make name banners for Forum members on EQ.com ... sometimes I feel like reviving this. That's what has grown for you, Tymber.

Stonehowl. BA_Tymber

Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 2:10 pm

I have added it. Smile

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 3:47 pm

Thank you! Very Happy Thanks for welcoming it.

You've said Shadow was inspired by Cutter's character traits and his ways of leading. Therefor I've taken him to picture Shadow - as his former open and peacemaking self and how he's right now, brooding and seeking revenge.
The Stonehowl wolf doesn't need an explanation.
And Blackfell ... the ghost wolf ... that's what I imaginge for you. From the start I know this one must be in the banner. And Stonehowl.

Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptySun Jun 21, 2015 4:02 pm

Embala wrote:
Thank you! Very Happy Thanks for welcoming it.

You've said Shadow was inspired by Cutter's character traits and his ways of leading. Therefor I've taken him to picture Shadow - as his former open and peacemaking self and how he's right now, brooding and seeking revenge.
The Stonehowl wolf doesn't need an explanation.
And Blackfell  ... the ghost wolf ... that's what I imaginge for you. From the start I know this one must be in the banner. And Stonehowl.

Shadow is very much based on Cutter, in the way he tries to lead. So that's perfect - how you darkened it and made it that way! (Sort of a shadow of Cutter!) And Blackfell - there's never been another wolf like him (save for Nightrunner and Starjumper) - and he indeed represents the perfect "ghost wolf" - and the way things are with the Stonehowl story! Smile

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Tymber wrote:
Here's the list I had come up with (though, ironically, none of them ever get mentioned in the story - so if they do ever appear in a Grab Bag in the future, this list may change!)

Crimson Reef Sea Elves

- Their group is called a Pod (similar to what a group of Whales is called)
I hope you don't mind when I've transfered the talk to the Stonehowl thread - it's easier to find them here again for reference.
I was kidding - a bit - in the grab-bag thread. I like your Merfolk. And I dislike some of their traits, especially Bloodwave - I like to dislike him! He would be close to a villian for me ... pretty much like Two-Spear ... and an interesting, ambivalent character.

The "genetical/magical" legacy memory is a bit of a plot device. But it could work. Preservers have a genetical memory. And the Coneheads have kind of a hive mind.  

Quote :
Bloodwave – Chief (Male)
Male chief, extremely violent. No tolerance towards humans. He believes the humans hunt for sport, as well as for food. The idea of hunting for sport and joy, has driven him to a seething hatred for humans. And he will make every attempt to command the whales (humans call them “sea giants”) to slam into human ships, while the members of his pod (Crimson Reef) attempt to spear the humans and pull them from their ships, so that the razor-fins (sharks) can feed off the humans. His (unnamed?) life mate, love mate, soul mate – was killed by humans who had harpooned her, mistaking her for a dolphin (which the humans hunted to eat). Bloodwave comes from a very long line of members in his family, all of whom are consumed with an indescribable hatred for humans. (Perhaps theirs is some form of legacy magic that is passing down the memories of what happened in the Palace; and each time the elf reaches a specific age, the “memories” are born but the elf doesn’t know how to control it, and gives in to this rage – because the memory of the humans killing the elves in the Palace has been passed down generation to generation?)
Actually Bloodwave and Surge (old WD Chief) share some fate and traits. Surge's livemate was killed by Landers (Humans) and he went nuts. Unlike Bloodwave he did not start to fight the Humans like mad but turned into a control freak (guess he was rather controlling before as well) and wanted to make his shoal flee Crest Point.

When he was forced to Surge was a fierce and mercyless fighter - mighty watershaper with the powers to sink a ship. Later he prefered to use his powers to herd his tribmates, tho.

Quote :
Barrier – Stone Shaper (Shapes Coral Reefs) (Male)
Barrier is the one who shaped the home for the Sea Elves (or perhaps someone from his line of generation of stone shapers). In any case, he is the one that now maintains the shape of the large coral reef tunnels that they now live in.
Barrier ressembles Snakeskin, the new WD chief - sharing powers. Snakeskin is a coralshaper (similar to rockshaper but combined with healer magic) and he has grown a spiky coral riff around Crest Point to keep the Landers ships away. And ... he wanted to stay and fight. Admittedly - he wanted to stay on familiar ground as well. ^^
There are two other (weak?) rockshapers among the WD - no big entry.

Quote :
Stormtide – Water Shaper (able to control elements of the ocean, cause tides, waves, currents to do his bidding) (Male)
Don’t recall seeing any water-shapers (perhaps somewhere in the Wave Dancers this was already done? Probably?). Essentially Stormtide is able to create spouts of water (which are used to overturn ships, small boats, rafts, etc.) – he can also shape the tide, by causing riptides, change the current, etc.)
Surge was a very powerful water shaper ... he did basically everything you've envisioned for Stormtide.

Quote :
Kelpweaver – Plant shaper (Female)
Standard plant shaper of the tribe. Shapes kept and other plants, that the Sea Elves use for food (as well as shelter to hide their coral reef home).
Of course the WD have a plantshaper, too. Redcrest uses his skills to make boats - and fo fight. He used his powers to shape a hole in to the "dead" wood of a big Landers ship.

Quote :
Sunfish – Young Male
Young male Elf, also does not like Bloodwave’s violent tendicies.
*chuckles* You are aware that "Sunfish" is a fan nickname for Sunstream's (Suntop) WD appearance? Wink

Quote :
Shellseeker (Male)
Makes the armor for the tribe; using shells, and help with Barrier, who helps shape things that Shellseeker comes up with. He also is primarily responsible for the weapons.
No, I don't have a WD match for him. Wink He seems to be the inventor of the tribe.

Quote :
Redfin – Young Female
Young, female elf, named as such, because she was born with a red Mohawk for hair, which she still has (natural birth effect). So they named her redfin, since her hair resembles that of a shark.

Coral – Female Elf
She is a young elf; eager to prove herself to the others (almost to a fault, where she often puts herself, and others in needless danger)

Seastar – Female Elf
The smart, wiser, elf of the tribe; she is not prone to follow Bloodwave, whom she does not get along with.

Morningsun (Female)
Born with sea blue eyes, and golden blond hair, like Seastar, she does not agree with Bloodwave’s method and hatred against the humans, and has spoken up against him. She is a strong, independent female, but does not possess the intelligence of Seastar.
Charming ladies Very Happy ... I note you like Morningsun best. ^^

Of course your Mer Elves are different characters than the Wavedancers who show coincidences. And they definitely act different. I'd say Bloodwave as chief is a BIG reason for this difference.

Are there any specifications besides the few you have mentioned?
I figure the Merfolk of nothern seas is not as colorful as the Southern seas WDs are. Pale skin? Webbed ears and fingers? Fins?
Tall like High Ones? Sturdy? Small like Wolfriders?
Do they live mainly on the shore? or in the water?
All have mertails? ^^ NO ONE ever has a mertail? Mertails possible?
Kelpweaver is a dressmaker - what kind of clothing? What kind of armor shellseeker comes up with?

Yes, I'm curious about a tribe that is not appeared once. I like your "counter draft" so much better than the simple "lkill them off", Tymber. And ... no answer to my questions I will translate with: All is possible! ^^

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 2:45 am

Embala wrote:
Tymber wrote:
Here's the list I had come up with (though, ironically, none of them ever get mentioned in the story - so if they do ever appear in a Grab Bag in the future, this list may change!)
Crimson Reef Sea Elves
- Their group is called a Pod (similar to what a group of Whales is called)
I hope you don't mind when I've transfered the talk to the Stonehowl thread - it's easier to find them here again for reference.
I was kidding - a bit - in the grab-bag thread. I like your Merfolk. And I dislike some of their traits, especially Bloodwave - I like to dislike him! He would be close to a villian for me ... pretty much like Two-Spear ... and an interesting, ambivalent character.

I don't mind at all! And Bloodwave (even has a "villainy" name!) - is indeed something I would think is like Two-Spear. He's born with uncontrollable rage issues (only fueled by his mate being killed by humans).

Embala wrote:

The "genetical/magical" legacy memory is a bit of a plot device. But it could work. Preservers have a genetical memory. And the Coneheads have kind of a hive mind.  

I wanted to do something different with him, rather than just make him crazy or angry. And when I came up with him, I also thought about perhaps there would be a son (or daughter) that was around before his mate was killed; and the tribe knew that once that child reached a specific age, they'd suffer from the "rage" as well that has "genetically" been passed down Bloodwave's bloodline. I thought that would be an interesting concept that the rest of the tribe knew they were sitting on a ticking time bomb. How do they react? Do they not love the cub, while he/she is young, knowing that violence will eventually consume the child? Or do they try to love it, and shower it with so much love, hoping that they can "break" this "curse" that flows in Bloodwave's genetic line. All random ideas I had scribbled down for notes.

Embala wrote:

Quote :
Bloodwave – Chief (Male)
Male chief, extremely violent. No tolerance towards humans. He believes the humans hunt for sport, as well as for food. The idea of hunting for sport and joy, has driven him to a seething hatred for humans. And he will make every attempt to command the whales (humans call them “sea giants”) to slam into human ships, while the members of his pod (Crimson Reef) attempt to spear the humans and pull them from their ships, so that the razor-fins (sharks) can feed off the humans. His (unnamed?) life mate, love mate, soul mate – was killed by humans who had harpooned her, mistaking her for a dolphin (which the humans hunted to eat). Bloodwave comes from a very long line of members in his family, all of whom are consumed with an indescribable hatred for humans. (Perhaps theirs is some form of legacy magic that is passing down the memories of what happened in the Palace; and each time the elf reaches a specific age, the “memories” are born but the elf doesn’t know how to control it, and gives in to this rage – because the memory of the humans killing the elves in the Palace has been passed down generation to generation?)
Actually Bloodwave and Surge (old WD Chief) share some fate and traits. Surge's livemate was killed by Landers (Humans) and he went nuts. Unlike Bloodwave he did not start to fight the Humans like mad but turned into a control freak (guess he was rather controlling before as well) and wanted to make his shoal flee Crest Point.

I think that's a pretty common theme in ElfQuest - where mates are killed (accidentally or purposefully) by humans. Some of the Wolfriders had that happen. Even happened with Puresrping in Stonehowl, leaving Wildthorn to go absolutely insane.

Embala wrote:

Quote :
Barrier – Stone Shaper (Shapes Coral Reefs) (Male)
Barrier is the one who shaped the home for the Sea Elves (or perhaps someone from his line of generation of stone shapers). In any case, he is the one that now maintains the shape of the large coral reef tunnels that they now live in.
Barrier ressembles Snakeskin, the new WD chief - sharing powers. Snakeskin is a coralshaper (similar to rockshaper but combined with healer magic) and he has grown a spiky coral riff around Crest Point to keep the Landers ships away. And ... he wanted to stay and fight. Admittedly - he wanted to stay on familiar ground as well. ^^
There are two other (weak?) rockshapers among the WD - no big entry.

I figured there had to be rock shapers in Wave Dancers (I couldn't remember if there was). But how could there not be, if they lived in the ocean.

Embala wrote:

Quote :
Stormtide – Water Shaper (able to control elements of the ocean, cause tides, waves, currents to do his bidding) (Male)
Don’t recall seeing any water-shapers (perhaps somewhere in the Wave Dancers this was already done? Probably?). Essentially Stormtide is able to create spouts of water (which are used to overturn ships, small boats, rafts, etc.) – he can also shape the tide, by causing riptides, change the current, etc.)
Surge was a very powerful water shaper ... he did basically everything you've envisioned for Stormtide.

Ah! Figured there might be a Wave Dancer at some point who could control water like that! Only makes sense.

Embala wrote:

Quote :
Kelpweaver – Plant shaper (Female)
Standard plant shaper of the tribe. Shapes kept and other plants, that the Sea Elves use for food (as well as shelter to hide their coral reef home).
Of course the WD have a plantshaper, too. Redcrest uses his skills to make boats - and fo fight. He used his powers to shape a hole in to the "dead" wood of a big Landers ship.

Not surprised there's a plant shaper in Wave Dancers.

Because, in my head, when I created these elves - their blood was not "tainted" (like the Wolfriders), I wanted to show a variety of magic powers still being pretty strong in their system (and thus a rock shaper, a water shaper and a plant shaper).

Embala wrote:

Quote :
Sunfish – Young Male
Young male Elf, also does not like Bloodwave’s violent tendicies.
*chuckles* You are aware that "Sunfish" is a fan nickname for Sunstream's (Suntop) WD appearance? Wink

I did not know that. Smile I just envisioned a young, blond elf, and thought, "His name needs to have 'sun' in it - and since it's an ocean, sunfish is a good idea." Even had some ideas for what a sun fish was. Smile

Embala wrote:

Quote :
Shellseeker (Male)
Makes the armor for the tribe; using shells, and help with Barrier, who helps shape things that Shellseeker comes up with. He also is primarily responsible for the weapons.
No, I don't have a WD match for him. Wink He seems to be the inventor of the tribe.

He would be, in essence, probably what Treestump is these days in Wolfriders.

Embala wrote:

Quote :
Redfin – Young Female
Young, female elf, named as such, because she was born with a red Mohawk for hair, which she still has (natural birth effect). So they named her redfin, since her hair resembles that of a shark.
Coral – Female Elf
She is a young elf; eager to prove herself to the others (almost to a fault, where she often puts herself, and others in needless danger)
Seastar – Female Elf
The smart, wiser, elf of the tribe; she is not prone to follow Bloodwave, whom she does not get along with.
Morningsun (Female)
Born with sea blue eyes, and golden blond hair, like Seastar, she does not agree with Bloodwave’s method and hatred against the humans, and has spoken up against him. She is a strong, independent female, but does not possess the intelligence of Seastar.
Charming ladies Very Happy ... I note you like Morningsun best. ^^

Morningsun was going to be my "Nightfall" - the strong, yet gentle woman. The "Wonder Woman" of the pod. She would be the strong one, but not neccessarily as wise or intelligent as Seastar - who (with the name like "star" in it) - you can guess, was probably my version of Skywise (not in terms of a flirt) - but obsessed with the skies and stars, feeling that her destiny (their destiny) was not in these oceans - but somewhere, out there - in the sea of the skies. So she was going to be well versed, well educated, because of her obsession of the stars.

Embala wrote:

Of course your Mer Elves are different characters than the Wavedancers who show coincidences. And they definitely act different. I'd say Bloodwave as chief is a BIG reason for this difference.

Yes. In my head, I saw the others eventually turning on Bloodwave, because of his obsession with war.

Embala wrote:

Are there any specifications besides the few you have mentioned?

I had scribbled notes down - but nothing too exciting. Smile

Embala wrote:

I figure the Merfolk of nothern seas is not as colorful as the Southern seas WDs are. Pale skin? Webbed ears and fingers? Fins?
Tall like High Ones? Sturdy? Small like Wolfriders?
Do they live mainly on the shore? or in the water?
All have mertails? ^^ NO ONE ever has a mertail? Mertails possible?
Kelpweaver is a dressmaker - what kind of clothing? What kind of armor shellseeker comes up with?
Yes, I'm curious about a tribe that is not appeared once. I like your "counter draft" so much better than the simple "lkill them off", Tymber. And ... no answer to my questions I will translate with: All is possible! ^^

Hah! In my head, I envisioned them being very lean and muscular. Imagine like strengthened swimmers. I saw them having webbed feet, but not fins (that would allow them to swim at incredible speeds) - perhaps not even born with it, but shaped after birth, so that they could mimic the fish in the seas for swimming.

I had never gotten a vision for what they wore for clothing; but I did have ideas for "armor" consisting of shells interwoven together, the same way chainmail works - and using large coral shields and spears.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Tymber wrote:
I thought that would be an interesting concept that the rest of the tribe knew they were sitting on a ticking time bomb. How do they react? Do they not love the cub, while he/she is young, knowing that violence will eventually consume the child? Or do they try to love it, and shower it with so much love, hoping that they can "break" this "curse" that flows in Bloodwave's genetic line. All random ideas I had scribbled down for notes.
Sonds interesting indeed!

Quote :
I did not know that. I just envisioned a young, blond elf, and thought, "His name needs to have 'sun' in it - and since it's an ocean, sunfish is a good idea." Even had some ideas for what a sun fish was.
And IÄ've imagined him blond - the name worked! Wink

Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptySat Nov 14, 2015 3:57 pm

I updated the Stonehowl page! It now has all of the stories (up to the most current, which I just posted, November 2015) on the story page:
http://tawmis.com/stonehowl/stories.html

But perhaps more exciting (it was for me anyway) - I spent the last few days re-reading all of my Stonehowl stories on the site, and making a "synopsis" page for the stories - so you could get a quick run down of what happens in each story - I also make some notes in there (for example, there's a troll named "Troll-blade", who is later mistakenly - and repeatedly called - "Trollhammer" - and this is before Trollhammer we know and love on this forum! - and then later, again, mistakenly and repeatedly called "Trollforge")... There's also an issue with the Preserver they meet, called Berryseed, who is mistakenly called "Berrybuzz" a few times...

Was very interesting re-reading my own story, from 4 years ago, especially, and trying to figure out what I was doing sometimes (like if my first story was intentionally a nod to ElfQuest #1, or was I just that unoriginal? I actually can't remember)...

Anyway, you can read those here:

http://www.tawmis.com/stonehowl/stonehowlrecap.html

Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 5:02 am

Just got to thinking about how long I have been writing Stonehowl...

I began in September of 2007 the first story - then in October of 2007.
Then I went back to the very first grab bag and filled in from March 2007 through October.
Continued through June 2011, which is when I left Scroll of Colors.

So that was just shy of 4 years (though in October 2007, I went back to the first grab bag on the forum which was Feb 2007 and did those through October).

Then in June 2015 FaerieGirl brought me here - and I continued.

There is currently 59 Stonehowl stories.

Tymber

Tymber

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. EmptyTue Oct 06, 2020 12:30 am

Wow! Thread Necromancy incoming! 5 years!

I've updated the site again - all the stories are there (so far written up to October 2020) found here:
http://tawmis.com/stonehowl/stories.html

And the recap covers it all too, found here:
http://www.tawmis.com/stonehowl/stonehowlrecap.html

You can tell I took a long break - because if I do my math right, there's now 66 stories (up from 59). There's a gap between December 2015 to April 2020. Based on this - there were a few in 2016 (first few months - https://fathertreeholt.forumotion.com/t316-grab-bag-writings-and-art-table-of-contents) but then it tapered off. A lot of the forum regulars aren't around anymore, I think - myself included during that time. I came back in April 2020, because I was craving to write and hopeful that grab bags were still a thing here.

I keep considering updating the "tribe" part of the page ( http://tawmis.com/stonehowl/tribe.html ) but with all the elves I've introduced, killed, had born, humans, trolls, etc., it would take a CONSIDERABLE amount of work to pull it off - which I am not sure I want to invest in. Smile

Sponsored content

Stonehowl. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stonehowl.   Stonehowl. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stonehowl.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Share your Holt-
Jump to: