Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?

Go down 
+21
September
Prayer
Miss Gillespie
Evil Evie
Outlier
Embala
Trollbabe
Leanan
Shadowpath
Sifra
anj tuesday
wolfmoonsky
Redhead Ember
Vaeri
Zadzi
manga
Davrille
Lunakat
ErinC1978
Stormcatcher
Multi-Facets
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 02, 2020 12:25 am

Ahh. Elfquest dreams. One could say thats where i get a lot of my material from.

Including such gems as Zhantee and Pike playing Cheech and Chong, and physically worthless details such as the way the chakra amplifier mounted to an asura works. A rougher translation is "Bloodsong Capacitor System" but i figured this was more fit to print - the thing is a much larger version of whats going on inside a Banshee helmet. Or minor points such as Sunstream's spines being able to secrete a paralytic at will and that this is one of the reasons Imperials fear the water besides the fact that armor has a tendency to sink.

And then theres the inverse... yes. the inverse. This really happened, I wish i still was in contact with Audra.

So i met this girl once that was legally blind to where she had to blow up text to size 144 or something that ridiculous, couldnt drive, forget about reading a graphic novel, but as a result was almost as good as i am at astral travel. Its as if she traded her two eyes for the third. So i tell her where home is, and by next week she asks me...

"Who are the Mexican Elves?"

At which point i have to explain sun elves to her....

Im just glad she didnt go near the water....
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 7:34 pm

PS:

The end of "Hip Shiva Wiga" by Ekoplex, contains the following snippet:

'When i was a kid i used to dream in sequences. - Every dream was like a chapter. - Crazy, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 4:42 am

it's been a while, since i dreamt this:
I ran with the wolf riders who sat on their wolves. It was an open area, next to us was a steep hill. An old elf came down from the hill. I only noticed a little later that it was Ekuar. He had the latest Elfquest comic in hand (walking without a cane!) And waved it around: "The new comic is here!" he shouted.
I was so curious that I wanted to take a look right away. He said something about the content that Rayek would start a new relationship with a human woman. Shocked
At least I got a glimpse of a double page before I naturally had to wake up. Sad
To this day I am waiting for the new comic to finally appear. Laughing

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Courts12Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Rayhan26Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Rayhan27Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2020 5:26 am

@Vaeri: Just read your dream from page 1: Leetah gets Rayeks armored baby (LOL) : Thatś an awesamtastic dream and I guess , that Baby of Leetah and Rayek is the sibling of Vaeri-elf, right? They are twins and Vaeri still was inside when you woke up... lol!
Back to top Go down
Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2020 12:45 pm

An interesting dream! At least next month the new issue comes out..i think?

Also puzzled! Yeee, Vaeri has no relation to Rayek. She just got gold eyes cause..well i love gold eyes and i figured gold eyes might not be so unusual in Sorrows End since Rayek and Savah had gold eyes.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 9:06 am

Last night I dreamt that I saw Wendy Pini in a meeting, discussing a new project. She was talking to some people who were close to her, whom I did not recognize.

For some reason, she was in a wheelchair, but she seemed not to be ill or in any pain. The wheelchair situation may have been temporary.

She and the other people were in good spirits, laughing hysterically about something.

The new story involved a man going from town to town, looking for some kind of work as a first responder, perhaps in law wnforcement.

I was watching the story unfold, as if on a movie screen.

He arrived at a town in which all of the large vehicles, such as buses and trucks, were manufactured pinatas, similar to what one would find at Wal-Mart during holidays.

As he arrived, there was an emergency involving a schoolbus full of kids. The town fire engine responded.

Unfortunately, the fire truck was made of paper mache, so it fell over and burned.

At this point, I lost interest and decided Mrs. Pini had gone insane.

I walked down an alley to a place that my temp agency had sent me. Along with the other temps, I sat in an auditorium and awaited assignment from a woman in a blue suit. Her name was Major.

She brought us our assignments. I walked off to my new job, but I realized I didn't have any kind of bag to carry my things, especailly my old Samsung talblet that I didn't want to leave lying out.

I got to my new job before waking up. It occurred to me that my subconscious mind was making a pun about "Pini" and "pinata."

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2020 3:43 pm

Ouch! Shocked Isn't it intended to "beat" the pinata? ... NAAAH - cannot be!

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 3:40 pm

I would say yes... and no.

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 12, 2020 9:49 am

I had one last night. Cutter and Skywise were travelling through a desert. They came upon a pile of elf corpses, little more than skeletons. Somehow, Cutter and Skywise had the power to raise the dead, and for some weird reason chose to raise just one of the corpses. The skeleton stood up and began walking away, and with each step life returned, flesh, then skin, and finally even clothes materialized out of nowhere. The elf raised from the dead turned out to be Skywise, only this version of him had black hair. Cutter and Skywise didn't seem very surprised by the result of their magic. They continued their journey and the black-haired Skywise was left walking through the desert alone.

Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Yes. But years ago, can't remember details now.

I've also had dreams with Wendy in them. One, when she came to my city because she wanted to do some painting with glow-in-the-dark paints and the old hobby shop down the road was the only place left that had them. Somehow, we wound up boarhunting.

The other, she was doing a project of stained glass books (?!) and having a contest for people to write word balloons for a page (each page was a stand alone scene). I submitted a humorous one and felt horribly embarassed for it.

Dreams are weird.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 8:20 am

Last night I had a dream about being at an office building or hotel, and reading an Elfquest book I hadn't seen before.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 5:30 pm

In case I dream something related to EQ in any respecct ... it's always about the forum. And all I remember is that while dreaming I KNEW that something will go terribly wrong very soon - and I can do nothing against it.
SoC trauma?
Better I don't dream an EQ dream. Sad Sadly.

Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 8:17 pm

o-o, that sounds really like a trauma. Since I am on this forum i knew you always as a kind and very friendly holt member. It is hardly imaginable that you get mean reactions ,but yes, social media have their own dynamic. And surely we all have made our own unpleasant experiences on the net.

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Courts12Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Rayhan26Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Rayhan27Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 6:28 am

My dreams are.... I won't say strange, but I'll say closer to the surface of other places than true dreams.  Somewhere I've been visiting for years. Sometimes I mix up the two. It's very much a case of the butterfly or the man. I do love the world, though. I extra love my house over there and the fish pond I have in my yard. But when they blend more with true dreams, certain personalities are about, though.  Or sometimes I see through their eyes.  

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Yeee wrote:
... ,but yes, social media have their own dynamic. And surely we all have made our own unpleasant experiences on the net.

You can say that again. I am finding out that several alumni of a grade school I attended for two years are just as bigoted as they were fifty years ago.

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 2:43 pm

I had one last night. I was Bearclaw's daughter, I was older than Cutter who was still a child, Bearclaw was alive. It had been decided when Cutter was born that he would be the next chief, since he was born of Recognition and I wasn't. I didn't mind, since I didn't want to be chief anyways, I just wanted to have fun. I looked like Bearclaw, I had black hair and dark eyes. And all the wolfriders were the size of Preservers, so we were like some wingless forest fairies with attitude. rofl

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 6:10 pm

lol, cool dream!

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 08, 2020 8:27 pm

Leanan, what kind of animals did you ride and hunt? LOL!

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 am

Sadly, I don't remember what we rode. Squirrels, maybe? Razz

Back to top Go down
Anjune

Anjune

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 12:36 pm

I had one last night that went all sorts of places; here's the important part.

It was set in the present day more or less. It was a friendly springy sort of day out in the countryside or town outskirts. There was a fleamarket surrounding an estate sale. Elves were known to exist and not feared, hated, hunted, or deified... as it should be.

Two of them (one was Ember) were visiting, only casually disguised with hooded cloaks. When I found them, Ember was having a mock archery duel with a young man. Everyone realised she would've killed him before he could've even nocked an arrow, and they started debating among themselves how humans could ever compete with elves.

Not with agility... not with wits... wandering around the tables, they realised the human advantage lay in ingenuity and craftiness, in the creation of tools and toys and art the elves had simply never come up with be it because they didn't have to or because their minds don't work that way. But our two elves here were for once curious about our things, not dismissing them as clutter or ugly. I always enjoyed every moment in EQ where it "went there" briefly.

Inside the house I found an oddly off-brand Elfquest comic album that had this story inside. I was so moved by it. I took it outside and asked WP (who was sitting behind one of the fleamarket tables) if it was for sale, and she said it was not. I burst into tears while trying to explain how much it meant to me, more so to communicate it than to convince her to let go of it. She was interested if I was in the process of planning to start a community, presumably a elf-human coexistant one? I wasn't really but it sounded nice in a postideological social libertarian freethinker hangout sort of way. In reality my only encounter with WP was on Facebook and not friendly so I guess this too was wishful.

So this is what I'd like to have happened in a sense. Humans not as brutal fanatics, gullible worshippers or emotionally crippled violently misogynist power-seekers, and elves who saw value in them and were genuinely interested in their "alien" co-inhabitants and could mingle with them somewhat freely. It's why Jink/Rebels/Futurequest appealed to me despite their serious flaws...
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 1:44 pm

Id like that to happen as well, but i have trouble finding humans who arent any one of those three IRL...
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 6:49 pm

Oh yes I had and it was great!
It started with me watching a kind of EQ computer game (was playing yesterday Guild Wars 2 for the first time in reality LOL). I'm looking at an interior, it's my old school's biology room. There's a grandstand in there, you can see it from the side, elves are sitting on it. The names of the elves can be seen on the screen over the heads. There appears an "action symbol" with a picture of Rayek (who else?) . It says: "Task: Help Rayek fight Winnowill" Then I scroll out of the room to the neighboring room, there the two fight each other ...

Then a change of scene and reality happens:
I am an elf myself and I am called down by other elves who are on the ground floor in my house. I'm on the upper floor, the house is pleasantly cool, bright and friendly, and made of cream-white stone. It's just really sparse because it's pretty empty and tidy (not my style at all!)
I remember why: It's actually Rayek's house and I share it with him. Shocked Very Happy
I look down through a square hole in the floor into the ground floor at the other elves who are looking up at me. Glaring light falls from the entrance behind the elves into the room. That must be Sorrows End with all the desert light that is outside. I shout "I'll be right there!" But there are neither stairs nor a ladder. In the dream I know that this is normal and that I should climb down and up ...
Woke up ... and immediately went on spinning while half asleep, because it felt so awesome ... then I was busy adjusting the dream-me to one of my OCs.
The best fit was my somewhat sad desert elf from the 2019 picture, now she has even more background and a name ... and 2 new pictures.

Continue in my sketchbook thread ...

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 3:29 pm

Last night was quite wild. The Wolfriders were living in a post-apocalyptic world, a city overrun by nature, and were making the best of using both natural things and things they found in the abandoned mall that they had made their Holt. They'd learned to live with a local band of humans also just trying to scrape by, living very primitive and natural, and both defending their shared territory from roving bands of other feral humans. They also all rode small pony-zwoot things.

Things were chill for I guess a few years in-dream time, aside from the occasional skirmish, some of which were rather silly, until a bunch of full on Mad Max style humans showed up and things started to get real.... and that's about when my neighbor decided he needed to leafblow his yard at the crack of dawn and woke me up.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 3:43 pm

Guess where the "Mad Max" sound comes from ... ^^

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 11:50 am

I had one i just woke up from so i need to write it down before i forget it lol

I had a dream Yeee had made a story that was half written and half comic. Or maybe i was looking at the script for it and the comic. The first part had Vaeri kidnapped by a giant hawk who could speak, and Vaeri was pleading with it to spare her. She said she knew someone, whom i can't recall if he was called Strongbow or something bird related but looked a lot like young tan clothing Strongbow, who had a great affinity for falcons and such and could float. I don't think the giant hawk was going to let her go...

Meanwhile it seems Leetah, Vurdah, Maleen and Ruffel are having a sleepover meeting with intents to send gifts as way of apology for something. There is a giant bag the size of as smallish tent and i can count like 13 to 15 gifts in it already! Also in this scene it's established Vaeri has apparently left the village in search of something.

Then i see a scene of final quest Moonshade and Skywise together in the scene, Moonshade is watching while Skywise invisibly floats among a group of humans and i think he is messing with them. We get a flashback of Moonshade having her wolf blood removed but i think it's Winnowill embracing Moonshade in a forest clearing how it happened here!

Then a brief scene of some of the Wolfriders but for some reason they're human sized and talking to humans! I know Cutter is one of them. Then spontaneously and temporarily they transform back into their elf sizes in front of the humans! It's like a curse or something and i know they'll turn human sized again. I'm afraid the humans will react badly but they just kinda shrug it off and leave with the elves, taking them on some kind of journey.

The very last page i see is a cliffhanger!! A Rogue's Curse edition of human sized Rayek with a human sized Ekaur have come face to face with Angrif Djun!! affraid  at this point i was thinking "i really should talk to Yeee about continuing this comic series"

Last edited by Vaeri on Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?   Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever dreamed an Elfquest dream?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next