Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you wondering now?

Go down 
+42
Thorn
Prayer
Vaeri
Zadzi
Redhead Ember
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Trollbabe
Beryl
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Embala
Outlier
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Bluetree
Tynami
Miscellaneous
Evil Evie
Relena
jaRf
Sifra
ErinC1978
Nibblet
Kindredsoul
anj tuesday
Leanan
Startear
Rainflower
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
faeriegirl
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Cleopatra
Stormcatcher
manga
sun girl
Blackbird
Marina.yurk
TrollHammer
Multi-Facets
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 2:08 pm

I wonder if this is "our" Sofia.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Embala wrote:
I wonder if this is "our" Sofia.

Who?
What?
Where?

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:02 pm

The most recent member of course Smile

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 7:24 pm

I just wrote something in another thread about Troll longevity.  It made me wonder about something:

"Pure" Elves and Trolls both have very long lives, exceeded only by that of the Preservers.  We know that the Elves have long lives and short memories, and tend to forget lessons learned in the distant past.  An example of this was Treestump's inability to remember Little Patch, even though he still had the mental capacity to learn to forge steel, and Ruffel's carelessness regarding storms.

Preservers remember at least important information, as Petalwing demonstrated twice:  "belonging time", the function of preserving food, and how to enter the Scroll chamber.

With the exception of the "misshapen" ones, barring senility or head trauma, do Trolls remember everything up until the time they die?  Maggoty seemed to be an encyclopedia of herbal remedies and Troll history. An aging Oddbit remarked that "this wouldn't keep happening if you lived underground like sensible people."

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Embala wrote:
The most recent member of course Smile

I rarely check those... usually wait for new members to introduce themselves.

Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:18 pm

if this will work on this board
[scroll=purple]Scroll this text[/scroll]

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul

Last edited by Nibblet on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 9:18 pm

nope. didn't work XD

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 25, 2015 11:28 pm

How about now?

11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 Santa_1011 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 Downlo2311 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 Av_cut1011 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
chibi cutter compliments of katcombs!
Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 12:12 am

It was the purple banner that I was trying to get to work. Forumotion doesn't support that one from the look of it. Other boards do, we should start a petition. XD

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 26, 2015 10:54 pm

This?

Scroll this text

11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 Santa_1011 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 Downlo2311 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 Av_cut1011 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 2020_k13
Compliments go to Embala for bringing a British cat and an American dog together via Photoshop!
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 3:18 am

no XD
It should be a purple solid banner with yellow scrolling text inside it

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2015 12:23 pm

*remembers to stick to the topic*

Is now wondering how to do this....

(because you know this is gonna drive me batshyt crazy till I figure it out now)

Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 3:37 am

I'm wondering how my cat came to love egg so much. She won't leave my breakfast alone. She really wants the bacon, but she eats all the eggs she gets as well. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2015 3:11 pm

PCoquelin says the raw egg yolk is like a drug for cats (and makes shiny fur). Maybe this "drug" is in the cooked yolk as well ... or your cat simply has a taste for this yellow stuff. =^x^=

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:21 am

Erm.. I only said it gives them a SOFT and shiny fur. Said nothing about a drug. May turn them sick if they abuse of eggs.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 2:49 pm

Thanks for the correction, PC. Smile

You didn't use the word but what you said translated for me as a "sort of drug". My bad.

btw: I havn't tried with Ginchan so far. Not because I was "agraid of a drug" ... she simply had a fluffy shiny-soft pelt that still feels kitten-like. But I'm curious whether she would like egg yolk ... one day I'll try. cat

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 7:56 am

Am I obsessed like this ... or simply stupid? Or - is it the same?

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Or neither?

Wondering many things lately..
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:05 pm

The EQ FB page is asking what Issue #11 has us wondering.

Has me wondering just what chemical substances Wendy and Richard have been ingesting and just how legal they are...
Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Are wondering why people are being so negative and rude against the Pinis on a Elfquest fanforum....
Not directly to you manga, just a thing I've been wondering for a while. I was just as upset about the scrolls as anyone here, and I'm not seeing them through the same fan-girly glasses as I used to. I see they have faults...but I REALLY miss the good vibe we used to have. I still adore the universe the Pinis have given us, and all this trash talk just remind me of the bullies from my teens. Constructive criticism is just healthy, since it's not so popular on facebook, but come on.

sun girl

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Blackbird - I can appreciate why you'd feel like that. I know I'm not super active here and never was on the old forum, and I'm one of the negative nancies, so maybe it's not for me to speak. But there felt like (to me) such an atmosphere of suppression on the EQ.com Scroll that it made some of that "good vibe" not entirely natural. Forced, in fact. And those who might have had criticism (like me) just bottled it all up. So now that it's coming out it's kind of… fermented, ya know? But also, this kind of "trash talk" is not unnatural as far as fanforums go (Elfquest fans are just unusually nice Smile ). It's where people come together to share their opinions, good and bad, and there's certainly still people defending the Pinis. I don't think even the most negative of us could deny that the universe they gave us is a wonderful thing, it's just they're changing it in such weird and profound ways lately that some can barely recognize it anymore. We should be able to say so.
Back to top Go down
manga

manga

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 5:28 pm

Well, that's part of the reason I said that here and not on the EQ FB site. I know there are people with similar sentiments here but also, as much as I'm frustrated with the Pinis, for the sake of how much their work has touched me and my life, I don't want to be rude to them so publicly.

Also, what Sungirl said.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:22 pm

I know, personally, that I really used to edit what I said on the old forum with the awareness that Wendy Pini might be reading it. Way, way, way back in the day-- when we first had a forum... we got together and just let loose. It didn't occur to anyone that the creators of Elfquest might be watching. But then, Richard posted, in the middle of one thread discussion, that Wendy had been reading what we wrote and had felt hurt by it. I was very surprised. I think, after that, we toned any criticism down a bit-- and upped the praise. Because the truth was that we all loved Elfquest more than we felt critical of it-- as an overall thing. And we were very grateful to the Pinis for having created and published it.

I think that's still basically true. We all mostly agree that Elfquest was a great comic. It may not be going in a direction that many of us would have expected or even like. It may, some of us feel, have jumped the shark. But for most of it's incarnation, we were fully on board and it's been a great thing for us all to have in our lives.

I think the way Richard handled that last discussion and his abrupt shut down of the forum (which may or may not be connected) left a bad taste for a lot of us. I've really never felt the same about the Pinis or their product since. So... without a desire to just defend them because we think they are cool... and knowing they probably aren't watching anything we say here... that does leave the door open to be completely honest and maybe a little more critical as a result.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 6:24 pm

manga wrote:
Well, that's part of the reason I said that here and not on the EQ FB site. I know there are people with similar sentiments here but also, as much as I'm frustrated with the Pinis, for the sake of how much their work has touched me and my life, I don't want to be rude to them so publicly.

Also, what Sungirl said.

I agree with not being rude publicly. I don't want to post anything negative on their official page-- that's why I don't comment often on Facebook. Just here.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:52 am

For me there isn't much of a difference between what I write here and what I write on FB.
Yes, I got mad at them at felt hurt when they shut down the old Scroll. Which, when you think about it was rather silly, not like they went: "Let's see how many Scrollies we can hurt with this!" I just wish they had warned us. Especially since their reasoning for shutting down the Scroll was that they wanted to bring commenting to the front page, something they'd already done, at least for a while; if someone commented on an article on the front page it automatically created a thread in the Scroll.

However, I really love Final Quest and honestly don't see why there's such negativity towards it. Sure, it's different and the elves are changing, but that's part of the story; living so close to the Palace is changing the elves.

I might be slightly more crazy here than I am on FB; bit more anonymous here. Even though I suppose those people who are here and are also on FB kinda know who I am...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   11 - What are you wondering now? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you wondering now?
Page 2 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: