Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

What are you wondering now?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

What are you wondering now? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 2:59 pm

I couldn't find cherry blossoms, we're all just pretending that's what it is Laughing

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:09 am

I was just about to ask about the snow.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 7:36 am

*me sees cherry blossoms* ^^

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Why so many of my ancestors were prone to doing nastybad things. I'm still enjoying my family genealogy hobby but the more I look, the more weird things I seem to find. confused

Some of it I wished I'd never found at first, but over time I've come to accept that what is, is.

Although the stories about my Grandfather getting into legal trouble were pretty entertaining to read. He really made some headlines back in the day...although his version of events were certainly a far cry from what really happened. My father had warned me that most of Grandpa's  stories of family history were either mostly bullcrap or complete bullcrap, especially from his perspective.

Turns out, he was right. roflroflrofl
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 12:06 am

Oh the stories I could tell you of what I learned after my mother passed O___O

It's quite astounding the secrets a family is capable of keeping. I discovered a grandmother I didn't know I had that was still living!

May you continue enjoying your journey, Icetooth!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 12:40 am

I had to re-discover my extended family for reasons i still cant get out of my father. Came out to CA to find my great aunts and uncles were still alive out here, who then finally told me where our "Holt" is!

Its probably because he is an atheist, and they all are still your typical Central Floridians going to church and probably being kind of wild judging from my interactions with them. Their main business down there, besides working for Publix like my grandfather did, is hunting alligators - you call the Thomas Fish Co, if you have a regular 18ft Madcoil in your backyard.

My cousin who i mentioned is the only other nonbeliever in the family - hes gay, and he also suffers from the "Curse of the Red Light" - being able to see through all the BS that is modern American Christianity, and probably everything else.

As for my family history, my father side is the the only one with decent records. My third great grandfather founded Eagle Lake, and one of his predecessors founded Bremo, VA in colonial times. Not much is known of most of my moms family except for the Dobsons from Reading, England. One of them came here to LA in the 1920's when it first became popular in England.... "The Californiacs" was a popular book then. His descendants get to live in Morro Bay, apparently. I have literally no idea about the Swedes past my great grandmother or the Polish beyond the ones who came here with GGpa Jan.

They act more civilized than my fathers family probably because they never had to deal with the colonial wilderness. To them, my dads family may as well have been raised by wolves. Matches like this are probably why that ad for Geico exists.

Last edited by Sorandril on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse
Location : Between the gutter and the stars... or more often, Discord. ShadowoftheNight#1538

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 11:59 am

@Kindredsoul wrote:

It's quite astounding the secrets a family is capable of keeping. I discovered a grandmother I didn't know I had that was still living!

Isn't it?

Though when my mom passed we had the problem of people suddenly ALL coming out of the woodwork wanting stuff. People who hadn't called in years, had never come out to visit. Not to just say "Sorry to hear she passed", nah, they wanted things.

And given the number of rootworkers we have on that branch, they got denied pretty flat out every time.

What are you wondering now? - Page 26 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What are you wondering now? - Page 26 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 12:09 pm

@Kojiyumi wrote:
@Kindredsoul wrote:

Isn't it?

Though when my mom passed we had the problem of people suddenly ALL coming out of the woodwork wanting stuff.  People who hadn't called in years, had never come out to visit.  Not to just say "Sorry to hear she passed", nah, they wanted things.

And given the number of rootworkers we have on that branch, they got denied pretty flat out every time.

Oh dear. YEAH. Dont give them any items. Especially combs.
Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 1:14 pm

@Kindredsoul wrote:

May you continue enjoying your journey, Icetooth!

Very Happy Smile Very Happy

Secrets...oh yes...so many secrets it boggles the mind. I mentioned the half-Uncle in another post...he actually got in touch with my Aunt (the nastybad one) several years before we even knew he existed. And we only learned about him after my sister found a bunch of FB posts about my Aunt traveling with "her wonderful brother" and we were like...WTF...she only had just one brother (our father) and he's been dead for 15 years! None of us believed it at first...but some time later he did a DNA test and sure enough, he was indeed my Grandfather's son.

Then his wife reached out to us...all luvy-duvy like...and somehow knew all about us. She wanted us to be one big happy family and my siblings and I were like...umm...no.  No  No  No

We all heard the stories growing up about my Grandfather having one or more bastard children that had popped up here and there. My mother had told me that another one (a young lady) showed up at a wedding years ago and bore a striking resemblance to our family. Who knows how many are really out there...that "legal trouble" I spoke of involved yet another woman my Grandfather had dishonored and abandoned...but this one took his ass to court, and won.  Laughing

But this "Uncle" or whoever he is...he had all the time in the world to get to know us before bonding with my horrible Aunt. If he only knew the things she's done...but that's on him to find out the hard way. On one hand it is kind of cool to know that my late father has a half brother, but on the other, I don't want anything to do with him. He had an opportunity to get to know us when he first learned of the connection, but he didn't. He isn't part of our family, no matter what that test says. Suspect Suspect Suspect

Wow...a Grandmother that was still living? Now that's quite a find...did you ever get in touch with her? I love you
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 2:27 pm

Oh yes! I sure did and she lives right in my area too! I've also earned 3 more uncles and an aunt and their families.

Not going to lie, its extremely awkward. I don't call as often as I should because when I do, eventually the conversation reverts back to the past and my grandmother gets upset. I know the past has nothing to do with me, nor is my fault, but I tend to feel bad because talking to me seems to bring it all back to her.

So we're still working around that. It's only been a year, but there's a whole lot to make up for I love you

Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 8:00 pm

That's a wonderful story Kin, awkwardness and all. I wish you and your new family the best. Hug

After all the family research lately, I think I may have located some cousins that live about two hours away from me. Part of me wants to reach out to them...but a much bigger part is concerned with bothering them and/or having expectations of them wanting to connect in return.

If I can confirm that they are relatives, then hopefully I can gather up the courage to reach out. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 8:02 pm

I’d like to reach out to mine further but they sadly wouldn’t really understand me I think.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse
Location : Between the gutter and the stars... or more often, Discord. ShadowoftheNight#1538

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyFri Apr 24, 2020 8:07 pm

@IceTooth wrote:
That's a wonderful story Kin, awkwardness and all. I wish you and your new family the best. Hug

After all the family research lately, I think I may have located some cousins that live about two hours away from me. Part of me wants to reach out to them...but a much bigger part is concerned with bothering them and/or having expectations of them wanting to connect in return.

If I can confirm that they are relatives, then hopefully I can gather up the courage to reach out. Embarassed

I'm adopted, so my family has occasionally needled me to go hunting after my genetic family. But... my adoptive family is enough of a handful! I don't need two sets! Though given what I know of them and where they're at, there's actually a really good chance both are related. Down to the fact that I actually look like my adoptive family a lot. Birth mother and her family are from the same smallish town as my adoptive dad's side of the family.

What are you wondering now? - Page 26 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What are you wondering now? - Page 26 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:36 am

I have decided to give up smoking for the umpteenth time. I have tried before and made it last no longer than 18 hours as I turned into a rabid animal after 12 hrs. Wish me luck, Wednesday will be the day and I need a morphogenetic field to make it work.

And I wish we could have our edit function back so I won't have to ponder on my posts as much trying to avoid typos.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:42 am

Best of luck, my friend! *crossing fingers and toes and whatelse*
Smoked almonds will be still okay, Storm? ^^

Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 11:47 am

I'll still wallow in smoked almonds but I'll have to refrain from posting else you get a predator owl on speed.

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 12:19 pm

I'm wondering how Wiseshaman is. Seems like we need his bluntness more than mine at times

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 12:55 pm

Maybe this will help Laughing Laughing Laughing

What are you wondering now? - Page 26 Giphy-downsized-large

Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 2:40 pm

is that in Florida or California?
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 2:43 pm

Japan

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 2:43 pm

The bunny island of Japan?

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 7:15 am

Why haven't I heard the sirens?
They're testing them today, but I haven't heard anything. Sure, I'm indoors with doors and windows closed, but still...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 11:50 am

Ah yes, Japan, they also have another island full of cats. I had no idea Japan had any sort of climate capable of supporting palms.
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 12:49 pm

I thought it interesting that they have snow and monkeys.

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 1:01 pm

Yes. That would contradict the existence of palms. Well , the snow anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you wondering now?
Page 26 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: