Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

What are you wondering now?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

What are you wondering now? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Looking at the video and the islands location, however, its completely possible the island has a CSB microclimate and doesnt freeze.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse
Location : Between the gutter and the stars... or more often, Discord. ShadowoftheNight#1538

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 8:06 pm

There are cold-hardy palm trees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trachycarpus

What are you wondering now? - Page 27 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What are you wondering now? - Page 27 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySat May 09, 2020 9:57 pm

If I really could make better money panhandling.

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySat May 09, 2020 10:16 pm

Actually, Japan spans climate zones from humid continental to humid subtropical, from Canadian-like Hokkaido to Hawaiian-like Okinawa.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse
Location : Between the gutter and the stars... or more often, Discord. ShadowoftheNight#1538

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySat May 09, 2020 10:23 pm

I looked into going to work as an English teacher in Hokkaido at one point. Beautiful, but too cold for me come winter. But finding something further south was harder.

Martoo lives up in Hokkaido, I believe. I haven't talked to her in ages...

I'm wondering if I'll be cleared for work by Monday...

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySat May 09, 2020 11:16 pm

Good luck, Koji!

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 8:26 pm

What exactly just exploded a couple of blocks down. That was a big boom and there are a lot of responders out.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySun May 17, 2020 2:25 am

What exploded?

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 2:04 am

Two houses and a truck.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyThu May 21, 2020 3:22 am

If my lifemate and I can get our backup wedding plans going without too much hassle. Unfortunately COVID threw a gigantic monkey wrench into our wedding plans and any big celebrations are most likely postponed until next year.

So we are thinking just a very small gathering of our closest family and friends close to home this year, and then a big party for the extended family next year. Her first idea was one of my favorite pubs where the owner said they could "set aside some space for us" and I said umm...no effing way! What a Face Rolling Eyes Laughing

Like hey...that's where we go to drink good brews and relax...and as much as I like their beer I don't fancy the idea of getting married in a place full of random intoxicated weirdos! So thank the high ones she's agreed to something small and private.
We'll see how it goes... :pillow2: :pillow2: :pillow2:
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 4:08 am

What the hell is that mystery smell...?

It smells like a three-day-old corpse... and coffee grounds. I wonder if something died on the roof under the HVAC...

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 4:09 am

And there are ZERO flies...

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 4:11 am

Triffids. It'll be triffids

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySun May 24, 2020 4:24 am

Great. My house is now a science fiction double feature...

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 02, 2020 11:09 am

Just out of curiosity; am I the only one having problems with Wikipedia? The search-bar on the front page seems to have lost the select language option, it's like it just decided that "obviously you'd always want to conduct your search in the language of the country you're in!" But... now…

Front page, meaning this!

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 10:57 am

Where's a good place to get a quality balisong.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 11:04 am

Who came up with the names for large groups of animals?
Some of those are just downright silly...

Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 7:05 pm

@Kojiyumi wrote:

As memory serves, Balisong originated in the Philippines. I had a family member who was into them years ago and ordered one directly from there. It was beautiful and of exceptional quality, but also fairly expensive. There were lots of lower quality knock offs everywhere and he had some of those too, but the handmade one was the best of the bunch by far.

I'd look for one that was made in the Philippines by hand if you want quality, but it probably will won't be cheap. Cool
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 11:30 pm

@IceTooth wrote:
@Kojiyumi wrote:

As memory serves, Balisong originated in the Philippines. I had a family member who was into them years ago and ordered one directly from there. It was beautiful and of exceptional quality, but also fairly expensive. There were lots of lower quality knock offs everywhere and he had some of those too, but the handmade one was the best of the bunch by far.

I'd look for one that was made in the Philippines by hand if you want quality, but it probably will won't be cheap. Cool

Yepyep! I got a practice one for now, though. I'm going to work at getting better at flip tricks so I don't lose fingers or life-fluid while playing. But I do eventually want one that is both well-balanced for tricks as well as will hold a real edge for self-defense. Yay for them being legal here. They aren't in quite a few states.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyFri Jun 26, 2020 5:51 pm

Sounds like a plan! I think I still have one somewhere...my brother gave it to me when I was a teenager and permanently dulled the blade so I wouldn't cut myself while practicing. Laughing

They were banned in California years ago so we had to give up the hobby soon after we started.  And they are probably illegal where I live in Washington now. Nice that you live in Arizona...knives...guns...all good there. I lived up in Yavapai County briefly some years ago...never saw so many gun racks on vehicles in my life.  What a Face

Although this is coming from a guy who had a gun rack (with rifles in it) in his bedroom during high school. Laughing
Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 7:14 am

Wondering where my Great Great Grandmother is hiding. I finally got some old records in the mail and found out her real name and then I started researching. I know where she was living when she had two of her children...but I know that she wasn't born there.

I've searched through probably 2500 birth records in a nearby village where her family surname is common. Building family trees of people I think were her relatives...and then I also have DNA matches to people who also have that surname in their family trees. Their ancestors were from the same little village and I feel like I'm so darn close...but I still haven't found her birth record.

I know you're out there...I know I'll find you soon enough but this mystery is really putting me to the test. Thankfully I have another session with a professional genealogist tomorrow who should help me find a few more clues... scratch  scratch  scratch
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am

Silly Great Great Grandmother. Stop hiding!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 7:03 pm

*is entertaining to follow this* Wink

Sorandril

Sorandril

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2020 10:37 pm

ive studied mine on Ancestry. com.

Awful lot of loose ends in 18th century approximately 10 generations before modern times. In particular, no one seems to know a dang thing about an "Owen McCravey." or where in Ireland he came from.

Some lines go back a ways. Earliest recorded is an "Essulf Fitzulf" about 1000 in England.

One of my ancestors was a bastard offspring of the Hiltons.

My Polish ancestors were marooned in Belarus from the time of the Commonwealths fall until Chicago became a thing

My 2nd great uncle Victor was here in LA before me 100 years ago, "all the way" from Reading

Have no idea about the Swedish line before they moved here either. Bet GGMA came from a place where the street signs were still in runes.

Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 EmptySun Jul 19, 2020 11:21 pm

I'm wondering if I need a career change to become a professional genealogist someday. After a crazy number of hours and looking through thousands (and thousands) of documents I finally located my Great Great Grandmother!  Very Happy

To be honest, I enlisted the coaching of a professional genealogist a few times as they offer free help when you are stuck from a site called Family Search. One of their most seasoned genealogists got stumped on my Great Great Grandmother so that made me feel a little better, lol. Shed spent a lot of time helping but couldn't crack the mystery...but I couldn't have solved it without her help.

Our last session really helped me narrow things down a little, then on a random chance I found the church records for my Great Great Grandparents marriage. It had their marriage and birth papers and more about their parents...it was a gold mine that even Picknose would have been jealous of! Laughing

So now I know the ancestral village that my family surname comes from and so much more. I've answered some big questions but now I have so many threads to keep researching. To make a long story short...I now know the name and birthplace of my Great Grandfather's Great Great Grandfather and I'm just getting started.

Good things indeed come to those who wait...although reading through 20,000 or so old Italian records doesn't hurt either.  Laughing  Rolling Eyes  What a Face  Laughing  Laughing

Sorandril likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you wondering now?
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: