Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What are you wondering now?

Go down 
+42
Thorn
Prayer
Vaeri
Zadzi
Redhead Ember
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Trollbabe
Beryl
KR Wordgazer
Lunakat
Embala
Outlier
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Bluetree
Tynami
Miscellaneous
Evil Evie
Relena
jaRf
Sifra
ErinC1978
Nibblet
Kindredsoul
anj tuesday
Leanan
Startear
Rainflower
wolfmoonsky
G0lden
faeriegirl
Tenderfoot
Elwing
Cleopatra
Stormcatcher
manga
sun girl
Blackbird
Marina.yurk
TrollHammer
Multi-Facets
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30
AuthorMessage
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

What are you wondering now? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2022 11:17 am

If I am starting to develop allergies or some kind of hayfever. I think I'm reaching to pollen at sudden.
I've heard that it's possible to develop allergies when working with flowers over time, I had a colleague once who did that. She had to quit, cause in the end she was sneezing almoat by just watching lilies.
Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2022 1:42 pm

Kinda wondering why the icon for the forum changed, it looks all strange now...

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2022 10:32 am

How in the world can it be that everytime-EVERY %#@?& TIME I am so unfortunate to be sick, I end up worrying for my colleagues at work rather than myself?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2022 2:20 pm

cathat

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 EmptySun Jul 10, 2022 12:36 am

Appreciate your response here. I was specifically referring to the history of Italy and the fact that this find was so incredibly odd to see. I've studied Italian records from the late 1500s to the present extensively and have examined thousands of marriage documents. This was the only time I've ever found a record where a younger man married a woman so many years his senior. The woman in question had plenty of adult children to help her take care of the farm, and I still stand by my theory that something nefarious was going on.  Shocked

Redhead Ember wrote:
IceTooth wrote:
I'm wondering about this strange chap that I've been researching for one of my lifemate's relatives. In the early 1800s he was 25 years old and married a woman 30 years his senior. I've looked at thousands of marriage records from this period and this is the first one I've seen like this. If that wasn't strange enough, when his wife died about 13 years later he re-married just two months afterwards. And this time, to a woman that was 14 years younger than him.

While I have no proof...I have a feeling that there was some money involved somewhere. Then again they were all listed as peasants who were generally extremely poor so who really knows. But I can't help but wonder if something nefarious happened.  Suspect  What a Face  Shocked

While a 30 year age-gap might have been out of the ordinary, age-gaps - both ways - weren't actually that unusual.

Basically, if a woman was widowed, she'd want to remarry quickly, to have someone to take care of her. And it was more practical to marry a younger guy, who could actually do some work on the farm.
Then, when the woman died, the widower would again want to remarry, and again he'd want to marry someone younger.
Then he'd died, and his widow would marry someone younger...
Well, you get the picture.

Also, at least in Denmark - and probably other places as well - it was customary that when a priest died, and left a widow, part of the contract for the new priest would be to marry the widow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you wondering now?   What are you wondering now? - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you wondering now?
Page 30 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: