Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sifra's Strongbow family fanart

Go down 
+18
Bluetree
Leanan
Embala
Zadzi
manga
Sifra
Startear
Sofia
Miscellaneous
Kindredsoul
Miss Gillespie
wolfmoonsky
Outlier
kathleen3.0
Wiseshaman
Stormcatcher
Redhead Ember
Kojiyumi
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 9:34 pm

I jus caught up, and honestly, this is great! I love how much humor there is in this but also how you make me care about those two.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:05 pm

Thank you all!
Zadzi, I loved doing the Moonshade/Timmain comic and as soon as I have another story like that in mind, I will throw it on paper and post it here. Very Happy I am happy that you guys like my Dart and Mender story, too. I have such a weakness for Dart. I love you
I would have loved to know what really happened between Dart and Mender, but it also a lot of fun to try and figure it out on my own.

Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 Dart_and_mender_comic_29_by_janaweijers-d9ogf0g

Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 Dart_and_mender_comic_30_by_janaweijers-d9ogfgh

I meant for Strongbow to smile lovingly on that last panel, but he insisted on looking horrified, instead. I suppose he's a little pigheaded. Strongbow Scowl And in my comics, he doesn't seem to approve of the Dart/Mender relationship, so I guess it fits...

I think Dart and Mender will be fine from now on... They've struggled succesfully into a promising relationship... Or something like that...

Last edited by Sifra on Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:10 pm

I think Strongbow just mostly has bad asociation with fishing. I mean, Rillfisher and his own daughter died during fishing trips.

Also... you have a Timmain/Moonshade comic?

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:20 pm

Yes, you're probably right about Strongbow and fishing... That would be totally understandable.

I have made a comic Strongbow, who is tired of Moonshade dwelling in the palace all the time, and who is then tricked by Winnowil. I think it starts on the first page of this thread...
You can also find all my work in my Deviantart gallery, but it's burried between a lot of OC work... Razz Edit: I collected my Elfquest work in a folder.
http://janaweijers.deviantart.com/gallery/4929535/fanart

Last edited by Sifra on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:23 pm

Besides, unlike us humans who are reliant on vitamin D and omega 3, the Wolfriders don't seem to need the variation or nutrition of fish as we do. Seems like they treat it as welcome diet change, but we don't see the nocturnal Wolfriders struggling with vitamin d deficiency.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Strongbow suffering from vitamin D deficiency is an interesting idea for another comic... Razz

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:40 pm

I want this because reasons.

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:48 pm

Laughing

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 7:44 am

Awesome as always. *giggles* "grrrmblgrstupidgrrcubgr" best speech bubble ever! Pike Rolling

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Thank you! I worked very hard on that particular speech bubble.  Razz

I was doing my best to reserach the symptoms you get when you have vitamin D deficiency, until I realised: they're elfs. They're not like us. Who knows how they react to stuff? Basically I can let his eyeballs pop out of his head and say that's what elfs are like when they have that. (Still, if anyone wants to shed some light on the matter, I'd be grateful.)
Oh yeah and I took my husband (who's having the flu) as an example when I drew Strongbow.
Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 Sickbed_strongbow_1_by_janaweijers-d9p1h4b

manga

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 5:52 pm

For reference on vitamin D deficiency, see this link: http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/vitamin-d/evidence/hrb-20060400

Bone softening, muscle weaknes... There's lots of fun to play with. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Bwahahaha! Strongbow really would make the worst patient when he's sick, totally cranky (well, crankier lol) and probably just a big baby. I'll bet if elves got colds, Strongbow would've wanted Moonshade to make him capnut soup or something and spoon feed it to him while he was bundled up in his furs Very Happy

Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 6:34 pm

poor sick Strongbow ... O.O I admire your skills with expressions once again, Sifra.

*wishes a quick recovery for your husband*

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Poor Strongbow! Pike Rolling

Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2016 12:14 am

What's happening, Sifra? When can we see more of your fabulously awesome work??? It's been so long!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Yes, I am sorry. I know it has been long. I got swallowed by a lot of real life stuff and there were some OC's that demanded attention. Maybe if I rethink the Strongbow comic and make a new start I'll be able to revive the story...

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 3:01 pm

Awww, I'm sorry life gets in the way! I hate it when that happens Mad
I hope it all works out more so that you have time and energy to put toward your fabulous work. I'll keep an eye out, and again, I hope everything works out for you as you'd like, Sifra Hug

Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 12:29 am

Your art is so worth waiting for Sifra Wink

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Thank you both! Smile

Sofia

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 8:23 am

Perfectly understand that you have other projects to tend to, as well as things other than art that needs your time - just wanted to comment and ask what happened to the first comic. Did you take it down or did it disappear for some other reason?
Back to top Go down
http://lostholt.eu5.net/
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 10:33 am

I did not take any of these comics down. They are still in my Deviantart gallery, so they should still be on here, too.

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 11:03 am

My free time is still mainly swallowd up by my OC's, but I did make one Elfquest related comic page. At that time I did not think it was good enough to post, so I threw it on a pile of drawings.
I think the story is kind of influenced by all the new age people I have met in my life, particularly those with a holistic viewpoint.
My scanner broke down so you guys will have to do with a crappy photo. I will replace it with a scanned version as soon as the scanner works again.

Don't forget to actually include the comic page...  Rolling Eyes
Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 Rashtalk_by_janaweijers-da8bvjv

Sofia

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 11:47 am

Yay, more comic! Hehe, love your take on Final Quest's Strongbow and Moonshade, can't wait to see where this is going!

Sifra wrote:
I did not take any of these comics down. They are still in my Deviantart gallery, so they should still be on here, too.
Huh, then maybe my computer is acting up, because I could have sworn the first post in this thread had a comic and now I can't see it...Weird.
Back to top Go down
Sifra

Sifra

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 11:52 am

No, it's not your computer. I can see it too, now.
When I hit the "edit" button on that first post, I could see that the code for the comic was still in there. But I could not see the comic itself. I have inserted it again and I can see it now. I hope you can, too.

Sofia

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2016 11:53 am

The comic is visiable again for me, huzzah! I really liked that one and was sad it was gone - must have been a hiccup in the code or something?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sifra's Strongbow family fanart   Sifra's Strongbow family fanart - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sifra's Strongbow family fanart
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next