Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

What have you discovered today?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

What have you discovered today? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:27 am

@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Lunakat wrote:
Then i doused myself in tea tree oil... And asked him to do the same (but I don't think he did)... 
Threaten it with fire.

How would that work?
"Hey! Listen up, bug! If you don't leave right now I'm gonna set fire to you!"

My thought was Luna's
@Lunakat wrote:
boyfriend/fiancé-thing
was a bright enough spark to understand the threat as 'either you clean up so we can get rid of those bugs or I burn your things so we can get rid of those bugs.'

I thought you meant threatened the bugs!
That's harsh. Considering we're so much bigger then they are.

That still doesn't explain how you would threaten a bug. Most bugs don't speak English, or any other (human) language.
Besides, threatening a bug with setting fire to it is harsh, but actually setting fire to it isn't?
This is turning into some epic embedded quotes thing...

---

I've recently discovered my new favourite athlete-name:
Amanuel Gebrezgabihier Egerzeigzaarhka

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 6:39 am

@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Lunakat wrote:
Then i doused myself in tea tree oil... And asked him to do the same (but I don't think he did)... 
Threaten it with fire.

How would that work?

My thought was Luna's
@Lunakat wrote:
boyfriend/fiancé-thing
was a bright enough spark to understand the threat as 'either you clean up so we can get rid of those bugs or I burn your things so we can get rid of those bugs.'

That still doesn't explain how you would threaten a bug. Most bugs don't speak English, or any other (human) language.
Besides, threatening a bug with setting fire to it is harsh, but actually setting fire to it isn't?
You could yell loudly at it. The vibrations might stun them?
Of course both of those things are harsh. But threatening them is going an extra mile in my opinion.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 8:23 am

@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Lunakat wrote:
Threaten it with fire.

How would that work?

My thought was Luna's
@Lunakat wrote:
boyfriend/fiancé-thing

Of course both of those things are harsh. But threatening them is going an extra mile in my opinion.

You're right! Better just kill it without any warning!

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:00 am

@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Lunakat wrote:
Threaten it with fire.

How would that work?

My thought was Luna's
@Lunakat wrote:
boyfriend/fiancé-thing

Which it? The 'possibly disease carrying-'bugs or the 'possibly infested with disease carrying bugs'-boyfrind?

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:10 am

I can't kill my boyfriend -- it's illegal!

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:13 am

Only if they find the body

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:16 am

Bah legalities!

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 4:24 pm

@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Redhead Ember wrote:
@Shadowpath wrote:
@Lunakat wrote:
Threaten it with fire.

How would that work?

My thought was Luna's
@Lunakat wrote:
boyfriend/fiancé-thing

Which it? The 'possibly disease carrying-'bugs or the 'possibly infested with disease carrying bugs'-boyfrind?

Well... a boyfriend would usually be referred to as him. Razz

Luna... don't kill your boyfriend!

Back to top Go down
faeriegirl

faeriegirl

Leo Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 5:53 pm

That I'm probably going to be shit-tired tomorrow because I just had to watch one more episode of OUAT...
but now I'm really going to bed. (granted, only because the next episode won't be out until the weekend haha).
But I'll be fine, work isn't too busy and I'm having dinner with friends afterwards Smile

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 5:07 am

I still love to make EQ collages. It's still so satisfying to create something- even when it depends on other artists' work.

I've stopped ... tried to stop ... because I' afraid. Afraid that the creators will prohibit me from using their artwork. Because I am afraid to loose something I love so much.

This is illogical? Yes, it is.

Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 10:02 am

*hugs* The way I see it, your collages are fan art. They positively encourage fan art. They are constantly posting what others created because it is fan art that was inspired by something they made. Do the thing you love, even if you don't share it. I love you

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Kindredsoul

Kindredsoul

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 11:50 am

Sweetheart, I made an entire forum based off of Elf quest that is full of the artwork posted by other members here. You have nothing to worry about with your collages with the disclaimer posted below the topic scroll bar.

And if you ever need or want to post your collages outside of the forum, then just copy/paste the disclaimer with your collage if you feel you need to.

You have nothing to worry about Em. Please.continiue to create and share your work!!

Cutter egg 2018 from Embala
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 5:58 pm

I hear you, Nibblet. My sensible mind agrees with you. The worrier in me boubts ... and hopes ... and doubts again. I love what I do - and sharing is a vital part of it. Interaction is inspiration and fuel to my creativity.

Your forum - Our Holt! - is all I need to post my collages, Kin. I love you Sharing with my tribemates here is all I wish for.
I know I got permission.
I anxiously ensure that I add the copyright disclaimer.
I seriously hope that some persons on EQ.com forget about me and my "art".
I'll worry ... and I'll continue ... and trust you ... a.s.o.

For "Embala" this holt was and is a life saver.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 9:43 am

After so long, after more than a year it's still not a good idea to reread the comments in the "They basically killed the Scroll ..." thread.

There was a lot of disappointment, anger and mourning ... and even more support, love and hope. Enough positive vibes to warm the heart.

But it leads me right back to the SoC - the last two years, give or take - and how intimtated, desperate and messed up I was. It still makes my heart beat in my ears, my hands tremble and my mind spinning. It makes me anxious and unsecure and sick. Incredibly sad.

The SoC was the best place I  could have found 10 years ago  ... and it was turned into something nightmare like. You know you are in a nightmare - but you cannot wake up to leave it behind. Yes, RP did me a favor in the end when he shut down the forum. Ended my personal nightmare. Just wish it would have happened in a clean, honest way - and with a fair warning.

I'll never regret that I've found the SoC. It brought me years of joy, enterteinment, creativity and good company. I found friends and tribemates. And the best of all this did not get lost - it is right here.

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:14 am

*hugs Em* I'm sorry if me resurrecting that old mess made you feel sad. That was definitely not intended!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:26 am

*nudge* Nothing bad with ressurrecting threads on FTH, remember?

And no one forced me to reread. I've noticed that I had forgotten so much of it ... as if I'd never read half of the comments. Realized that my mind wasn't working properly back in those days. I tried to refresh my memory, maybe straighten my thoughts for a more dispassionate look on it. Just did not work too well ...

Nothing wrong with your posts, Leanan Hug ... you are not responsible for rare unexpected side effects. Wink

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 5:08 am

My old comp will definitely die. Sooner or later. Sooner.

I need to kick me in my procrestinating butt to get replacement. And support to get what I need for to get my few familiar programs and work surface back (as familiar as possible at least). Kicks welcome.

*kick* .... *kiiiick kick* *KICK!*

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 7:28 am

That I can't convince my self to move my typical 'low expectation for everything' over to one specific area and it annoys me because it would be mentally healthier for me.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 1:35 pm

How amazingly cool David Bowie really was, when I watched a clip from 'The Labyrinth'. I feel sorry I didn't discover him before. But then I love Jim Henson too.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2016 9:43 pm

All my picture links (almost all?) are broken. Something is wrong with my photobucket accout ...
Don't know whether it's a malfunction or whether I have missed something essential. Probably I have.

Too late to find out. Too tired to even try. No idea where to start anyway ...

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:47 pm

*hugs Em* I hope you get your pictures back!

I have discovered that I should definitely google image-search a character before buying cosplay supplies. *repeated headdesk*

Back to top Go down
Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:49 pm

Who were you going to cosplay?

Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 12:57 pm

The Dean from Discworld. I am still going to cosplay him... but I hadn't realized all the Discworld wizards wear red robes (it's not mentioned in the text, but seems to be a consensus among illustrators).. so I bought blue and purple fabric for the robes... :faceplant:

oh well... they weren't expensive and the purple has much potential for something else.

Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 4:04 pm

That it's really dificult to get together and agree about where you're going out to eat when everyone has an opinion about what day DON'T want
Back to top Go down
Prayer

Prayer

Taurus Cat

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2016 7:04 am

Déja vu @Rainflower! lol!

Romans 12:12

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.die-wandfee.jimdo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you discovered today?
Page 9 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: