Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What have you discovered today?

Go down 
+42
Sorandril [BANNED]
anj tuesday
Yeee
Vaeri
Anduinel
Beryl
Tynami
Redhead Ember
Embala
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Sifra
Davrille
Trollbabe
Stormcatcher
Elwing
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Evil Evie
Nibblet
Zadzi
LurkingCat
Miscellaneous
G0lden
faeriegirl
Prayer
Bluetree
Lunakat
Rainflower
jaRf
Leanan
wolfmoonsky
Startear
Tenderfoot
Merelf
Marina.yurk
Wiseshaman
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
ErinC1978
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

What have you discovered today? - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyFri May 08, 2020 11:10 pm

If only we could get the pigs to eat the slugs.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 3:43 pm

That both the Phoenix police and Phoenix fire have observation drones! I've never seen anything but the helicopters before!

What have you discovered today? - Page 35 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What have you discovered today? - Page 35 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyTue May 12, 2020 8:59 pm

Also that the internet makes me really hungry way too often... *orders chikns*

Mashed potatoes, chicken and gravy over cornbread from Imgur

What have you discovered today? - Page 35 NVUjVOa

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 12:50 pm

Best agitprop for years... XD

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 1:46 pm

XD

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 16, 2020 2:37 pm

I have 3 - THREE! - bottles of spring perfume now.
Even one is more than enough for the season. Rolling Eyes

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyMon May 18, 2020 5:38 am

After checking my summer lists, I see that my boss has double booked me in both stores.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 4:54 pm

Ive discovered that i can stop breathing for enough time to assemble a burger (after the microwave beeped) This involved me also walking about and getting stuff and even cutting the cheese (oh no)

I did this because a room mate was just in the kitchen and i really really dont want to take any chances that they got the 'rona at Costco for free.

No, i am not storing extra air in my head.
Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 3:12 am

That a large hole in the ozon layer above the Antarktis has finally closed due to the lockdown. Is this good news or what? WE MIGHT SAVE THE POLES AND THE POLAR BEARS AFTER ALL!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 11:54 am

I know. And before Angelenos decided to ignore the existence of the virus, you could see Burbank from here. Now the Bur-stank is back due to too many people on the road
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Ive made an actual scientific discovery here.

I figured out which gene -it- is (Shank3)... but if i were to use CRISPR on it, i would die pretty terribly.

Flat colors and slower reading comprehension would be the least of my concerns.

also, this same gene (probably supported by meditation) causes me to have the cardiovascular characteristics of a dolphin. 110-30. Thats another discovery of mine: its strange what you think is normal because youve been like that all your life. Hasnt killed me yet either.

So youd be taking bets on whether my heart or my brain kill me first after genetic modification.
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:24 pm

Sorandril wrote:
Ive made an actual scientific discovery here.

I figured out which gene -it- is (Shank3)... but if i were to use CRISPR on it, i would die pretty terribly.

Flat colors and slower reading comprehension would be the least of my concerns.

also, this same gene (probably supported by meditation) causes me to have the cardiovascular characteristics of a dolphin. 110-30. Thats another discovery of mine: its strange what you think is normal because youve been like that all your life. Hasnt killed me yet either.

So youd be taking bets on whether my heart or my brain kill me first after genetic modification.

Shank3 mutations have been pretty well documented for a good long time now, you didn't discover that.

There's a book you might find interesting on the subject. Neuronal and Synaptic Dysfunction in Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disability by Sala and Verpelli, published 2016. There is a chapter on Shank mutations specifically

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:29 pm

No, i didnt discover the mutation or its role. I just think it's probably a good part of my case, and i realized that with its connection to HIF, if you pulled it out after 40 years and even put a normal one in it would probably screw up a lot of metabolic things. With its connection to synaptic connections, suddenly were looking at a possible neurodegeneration trigger if i were to turn myself into an extra tasty CRISPR experiment.

So yeah, it becomes a case of "do i have a heart attack or a seizure or both" after doing such a terrible experiment on myself?

Edit: At least i wont be like that one dude who jabbed some kind of CRISPR experiment into his groin.
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:48 pm

Sorandril wrote:
No, i didnt discover the mutation or its role. I just think it's probably a good part of my case, and i realized that with its connection to HIF, if you pulled it out after 40 years and even put a normal one in it would probably screw up a lot of metabolic things. With its connection to synaptic connections, suddenly were looking at a possible neurodegeneration trigger if i were to turn myself into an extra tasty CRISPR experiment.

So yeah, it becomes a case of "do i have a heart attack or a seizure or both" after doing such a terrible experiment on myself?

Edit: At least i wont be like that one dude who jabbed some kind of CRISPR experiment into his groin.

That's not really how that works, but OK.

Have you looked into the recent research on DNA methylation in heavy cannabis use? Interesting stuff.

Took me a minute but I found a link, because I know you'll ask for one...

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41398-020-0800-3

It's very interesting

Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:55 pm

So you think replacing a gene thats been running for 40 years wont screw things up?

Their agenda is crystal clear from the intro onward but ok. Big scare mongering over meagre results.

I have a feeling youre posting that for reasons that maybe we should talk about in PM. Bottom line is, im not going to quit and lower my functioning level and standard of living. sorry.
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:58 pm

Sorandril wrote:
So you think replacing a gene thats been running for 40 years wont screw things up?

Their agenda is crystal clear from the intro onward but ok. Big scare mongering over meagre results.

I have a feeling youre posting that for reasons that maybe we should talk about in PM. Bottom line is, im not going to quit and lower my functioning level and standard of living. sorry.

Uh. Ok.
Scientific debate isn't your thing then, I see. Also, you're wrong. I'm posting things for you to read because you say you're interested in things. You do you, but do NOT rage at me in PM like last time ever again

Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Oh its my thing, today is just not the day, and the timing felt like another fun dig at skin and attempt to fixey-changey that people love to do.

Im going to die homeless and alone.

No cure = no real life for me, no career, no relationships....

This is not a happy time to suggest that the only medication that works is screwing up my genome.
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Sorandril wrote:
Oh its my thing, today is just not the day, and the timing felt like another fun dig at skin and attempt to fixey-changey that people love to do.

Im going to die homeless and alone.

No cure = no real life for me, no career, no relationships....

This is not a happy time to suggest that the only medication that works is screwing up my genome.

That's enough

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 11:35 pm

Feral

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptySat May 23, 2020 11:39 pm

I apologize. I now see where knocking the Shank3 gene back into rats rescued functioning safely, but there are things I would miss. So many things I would miss.
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 4:20 am

That my kitty loves her new binky. I bought her one after discovering she loves to steal the drain plugs. She's now walking around with it in her mouth and it's adorable.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyMon May 25, 2020 3:08 pm

Cats look forbidden adorable carrying prey - so proud and content and srangely cute. Shocked Must be much cuter with a play-thing.

Hmmm... have you ever considered to write a we-thing hunting cat in your stories, Koji? Twisted Evil

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 4:02 pm

Cute Moomin stuff for a good cause

https://oursea.fi/

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Oh my, I love the Moomins (the girls and I are watching the series every evening before bedtime for the little one) and we live at the shore of Germanys largest fjord of the Baltic sea!
I have read that our porpoises are very few, the poor animals are very sensitive to noise and more and more offshore wind farms are to be set up. These things make so much noise that they cause hearing damage to the whales. This in turn leads to the animals being so stressed that they reproduce less. One misery leads to the next.
I will also never forget the poor young animal that starved to death through a plastic garbage bag on the tail and that we found on the Baltic Sea beach of Schönhagen.

What have you discovered today? - Page 35 Courts12What have you discovered today? - Page 35 Rayhan26What have you discovered today? - Page 35 Rayhan27What have you discovered today? - Page 35 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 2:29 am

That I have a long...loooooooooong way to go with my understanding of old Italian documents. I've read well over a thousand of them over the past few months and thought I was getting pretty good. But I joined a new genealogy group today and was blown away by all the material they shared.  What a Face  What a Face  What a Face

My focus has been on documents from 1800-1900 and I'm getting pretty good at reading those...but then there were samples from the previous centuries and that's when the difficulty curve hits warp speed. At the moment the very early documents from the 1500s and 1600s look almost unreadable to me, but that's how I felt about the later ones that are now almost second nature. Cool

So much to learn...but I am loving my new hobby and will continue to follow it wherever it takes me. study study study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 35 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you discovered today?
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next