Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What have you discovered today?

Go down 
+42
Sorandril [BANNED]
anj tuesday
Yeee
Vaeri
Anduinel
Beryl
Tynami
Redhead Ember
Embala
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Sifra
Davrille
Trollbabe
Stormcatcher
Elwing
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Evil Evie
Nibblet
Zadzi
LurkingCat
Miscellaneous
G0lden
faeriegirl
Prayer
Bluetree
Lunakat
Rainflower
jaRf
Leanan
wolfmoonsky
Startear
Tenderfoot
Merelf
Marina.yurk
Wiseshaman
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
ErinC1978
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 4:19 am

IceTooth wrote:

So much to learn...but I am loving my new hobby and will continue to follow it wherever it takes me. study study study

I love hearing when people find something in their life that lights up the day or the night, and that a hobby can be enjoyed so immensely!

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 1:53 am

Thank you, Tymber! It is amazing what you can learn from those old documents. Drinking

Today someone in the genealogy group asked for help with translating an old Italian marriage record from the 1890s and after a few hours none of the experts had responded. These are my bread and butter so I did my best and transcribed the document and then worked some Google translate magic. I provided the OP with the full Italian text and some cliff notes of what the text was about as that was all she had asked for. I knew I'd made a few mistakes and mentioned that in my reply.

I humbly admitted my lack of experience and advised that someone with more skill could provide a more complete and better translation, but this should give them a start.

Within minutes of my reply one of the regulars responded with a salty message and said my translation was "horrendous" and that he'd get to work on doing it the proper way but it would take him a few days. I thought he was a professional but after looking up his profile...nope, just some dude with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm keeping to myself the fact that I only spent about twenty minutes on the whole thing during my lunch break.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:09 pm

[quote="IceToothI thought he was a professional but after looking up his profile...nope, just some dude with a chip on his shoulder.[/quote]

Forgive me if this gave me a mental picture of Chico Marx.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 5:31 am

That you can get Netflix in Antarctica.

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 7:36 pm

I discovered a gentle soul.

I work with a man who is small in stature, an Arab Muslim who always wears a white prayer cap that matches his white beard.

Today he got a small piece of paper towel from me, saying something about, "Because he will die."

Then I saw him stoop down, scoop something tiny off the floor, and carry it outside.

This same man once told me he used to work at a convenience store, at which he was robbed at gunpoint six times.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 4:49 am

Glo Bettas.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyMon Sep 14, 2020 4:19 pm

... that my mermaiding-in-the-sea season has expanded from originally July - August to June - September. YAY! cheers
You can get used to a lot, actually I freeze quickly , and i am a "frostbite" (as they say in German= Frostbeule ).  Laughing
Back to top Go down
jaRf

jaRf

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySat Sep 19, 2020 4:34 am

Uh, the water at the local lake was already fairly fresh recently. Still possible, but the nights are cold and that can be noticed in the water.

Discovered: How much I need(ed) some free time. With 200+ h overtime that's just a good feeling.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySat Dec 05, 2020 7:24 pm

...not today but actually yesterday,  caused  through the discussion about heterochromia cat eyes in the "uploaded elements" thread, discovered the "Central heterochromia" via  Google....

and that i am also a member of the heterochromia -group and didn't knew it at all! WOW! Under this keyword I found eyes that looked just like mine here  :faceplant:  Shocked  What a Face  woohoo  
What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Augen10
These are not 2 different colored eyes, but within the eye there are 2 different colors, one of which radiates from the center of the pupil.
Suddenly I also remembered that a school colleague once asked me what kind of eye color I actually had ??? You couldn't even define that!  lol!
I can not believe it! i am a great fan of heterochromia -eyes and have them myself!

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Courts12What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Rayhan26What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Rayhan27What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Anjune

Anjune

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 12:00 pm

That looks pretty much like my eyes

...sometimes. The brown is less pronounced.

Much less.

Maybe I'm just wrong.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:26 pm

That affects 1% of humanity, out of 100 people it is just one, so it is not that often but also not that extremely rare.
I thought to myself that there might be more people with it in the forum.
Nice ,that you have those "odd-eyed" eyes too. Smile

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Courts12What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Rayhan26What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Rayhan27What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Anjune

Anjune

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:28 pm

I'm really not so sure if it's that or just that I can't define my eye colour at all. It's not blue, as my passport says. It's a bit green and blue and grey and brown. Sort of like half North Sea, half mud.
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:30 pm

yes, exactly like mine, mud sea mix and not easy to define, heh heh.

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Anjune

Anjune

Gemini Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySun Dec 06, 2020 7:34 pm

scientific classification: lutochromia. Mudeyes!
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 10:14 pm

Fun fact: my eyes average out to a greenish color. On closer inspection during a refraction shot, a friend here claimed he saw all the colors in my eyes. Go figure.

I’m almost certain Suntop’s eyes are similar.

Btw, I sent this discovery to my colleague in Sweden.

We had fun drawing parallels between the Saami and the Tuatha.

I think this falls under “did I just DO that.”

I hope this redeems me...

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AkHJnfBew0EWgfp_yrr2v8MgUGbDSA
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2020 10:22 pm

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 A5722510

As you can see here, goes from red in the middle to blue around the edge...
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 6:12 am

Mine are plain-old-so-dark-brown-they-look black. Though I have better night vision than petty much anyone I know. I can see as well at night as I can during the day, which includes spotting a bird in a tree at 100 paces. (which is one of my favorite things to do when I hear my feathery friends, day or night! Birbs are love!)

But I've also been told since I was a teenager that my eyes glow when the light hits them just right. Kind of a greenish-yellow.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 11:58 am

so many funny eye-colours, odd - eyes everywhere! Very Happy

@Sorandril: "- The autism gene cluster is directly involved in the evolution of human intelligence. - The selective pressure behind this evolution is adaptation to water."

the whole text is too much for me as a not native englishspeaker. But these last 2 sentences got my attention.
Since I'm a bit of Asperger's, I fall under this category as well.
Evolution is warmly invited to take a shortcut and may give me the chance to breathe water. Oh yes, and I'd also like to order a fishtail. lol! Fishy
An old dream of a then little girl would come true.
Well, maybe evolution was already a bit at work with my children. Marie-Scarlet can see better under water than above water. Fishy

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 1:44 pm

The fun part is that I just managed to prove that we are our own offshoot of humanity, no matter how fragmented because of genocide. Before I talked to Dr. Dahlstrom about this all I had were the old Irish legends. Had no idea the Saami were cousins. My great grandmother was one of those - and due to that me and many on my moms side look like elves. Heck, the guy I’m talking to looks like Elrond.

(Shoot just look at me and my goofy Elfquest eyes up there)
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Wanted to upload a pic of my multicolour eyes but it won't let me. ID says blue-grey. People say dark green-blue. Someone on another board said "north Atlantic". Until I find a way to upload pics that will have to suffice. The corneal ring is dark blue, followed by green dissolving into a silvery grey.

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Yeee wrote:
so many funny eye-colours, odd - eyes everywhere! Very Happy

the whole text is too much for me as a not native englishspeaker. But these last 2 sentences got my attention.
Since I'm a bit of Asperger's, I fall under this category as well.
Evolution is warmly invited to take a shortcut and may give me the chance to breathe water. Oh yes, and I'd also like to order a fishtail.  lol!  Fishy
An old dream of a then little girl would come true.
Well, maybe evolution was already a bit at work with my children. Marie-Scarlet can see better under water than above water. Fishy

I'm a Sun Villager through and through.   I can tolerate heat far beyond most people. I live in a desert proper and require so little water that people legit don't understand how I am functional. (On average half a bottle of water a day.... or a can of soda)  The last time I got heat stroke it took two and a half hours and it was 113+F at the time.  And I was SUPER stressed because I was running around the neighborhood looking for my lost dog... worried about HER being passed out somewhere from the heat.  A half an hour walk in 122f/50c barely phases me.  A bit sweaty, but that's it.

Oddly enough once the temperature gets down to freezing, I'm super comfortable, too.  It does get pretty cold in the desert at night in winter.  Down into the 20's and 30's with ice on the ground, at least. I'll make the 30-45 minute walk home in that in a windbreaker and it feels absolutely delightful and I have no problems with it save cold fingers or eartips if I don't wear gloves. I did live in NYC as a child, and remember having to stand out in single digit weather for periods of time lined up, but don't remember ever getting miserably cold.  

I probably never would have noticed if I didn't live in one of the hottest cities in the country, if not the world... and it's just going to keep getting hotter with global warming, unfortunately.  But I do love it here far too much to ever move. (Well, I've tossed around the idea of Australia... I have a few good friends over there) You and your sea, me and my saguaro and rusty rocks! :3

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Double_Butte_2_bb69f0a7-a64e-48f7-b9b6-a6922a5de131

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 4:17 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
But I've also been told since I was a teenager that my eyes glow when the light hits them just right.  Kind of a greenish-yellow.

Cat eyes!

Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 4:28 pm

Embala wrote:
Kojiyumi wrote:
But I've also been told since I was a teenager that my eyes glow when the light hits them just right.  Kind of a greenish-yellow.

Cat eyes!

LOL. Indeed. With the visual acuity to match. Small motions catch my eye. I have a habit of going "Hey, neat, look at that!" and... queue a few minutes of me pointing and them squinting or looking around and going "What? WHERE?" Especially if it's something far away or I don't want to disturb or scare off a wild friend by getting us closer. I often get asked "How the heck did you even see/notice that?"

Niao.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 4:43 pm

Though if I could afford to live anywhere out here...
What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Sedona_t715

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 4:50 pm

nature castle Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you discovered today?
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next