Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in

What have you discovered today?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2020 4:19 am

@IceTooth wrote:

So much to learn...but I am loving my new hobby and will continue to follow it wherever it takes me. study study study

I love hearing when people find something in their life that lights up the day or the night, and that a hobby can be enjoyed so immensely!

IceTooth

IceTooth

Scorpio Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 1:53 am

Thank you, Tymber! It is amazing what you can learn from those old documents. Drinking

Today someone in the genealogy group asked for help with translating an old Italian marriage record from the 1890s and after a few hours none of the experts had responded. These are my bread and butter so I did my best and transcribed the document and then worked some Google translate magic. I provided the OP with the full Italian text and some cliff notes of what the text was about as that was all she had asked for. I knew I'd made a few mistakes and mentioned that in my reply.

I humbly admitted my lack of experience and advised that someone with more skill could provide a more complete and better translation, but this should give them a start.

Within minutes of my reply one of the regulars responded with a salty message and said my translation was "horrendous" and that he'd get to work on doing it the proper way but it would take him a few days. I thought he was a professional but after looking up his profile...nope, just some dude with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm keeping to myself the fact that I only spent about twenty minutes on the whole thing during my lunch break.  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 10:09 pm

[quote="IceToothI thought he was a professional but after looking up his profile...nope, just some dude with a chip on his shoulder.[/quote]

Forgive me if this gave me a mental picture of Chico Marx.

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse
Location : Between the gutter and the stars... or more often, Discord. ShadowoftheNight#1538

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 5:31 am

That you can get Netflix in Antarctica.

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 7:36 pm

I discovered a gentle soul.

I work with a man who is small in stature, an Arab Muslim who always wears a white prayer cap that matches his white beard.

Today he got a small piece of paper towel from me, saying something about, "Because he will die."

Then I saw him stoop down, scoop something tiny off the floor, and carry it outside.

This same man once told me he used to work at a convenience store, at which he was robbed at gunpoint six times.

Sorandril likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse
Location : Between the gutter and the stars... or more often, Discord. ShadowoftheNight#1538

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2020 4:49 am

Glo Bettas.

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Sigimage

Sorandril likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 36 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you discovered today?
Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Father Tree Holt :: Off Topics-
Jump to: