Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What have you discovered today?

Go down 
+42
Sorandril [BANNED]
anj tuesday
Yeee
Vaeri
Anduinel
Beryl
Tynami
Redhead Ember
Embala
Shadowpath
PCoquelin
Kindredsoul
Outlier
Sifra
Davrille
Trollbabe
Stormcatcher
Elwing
Miss Gillespie
IceTooth
Evil Evie
Nibblet
Zadzi
LurkingCat
Miscellaneous
G0lden
faeriegirl
Prayer
Bluetree
Lunakat
Rainflower
jaRf
Leanan
wolfmoonsky
Startear
Tenderfoot
Merelf
Marina.yurk
Wiseshaman
Multi-Facets
TrollHammer
ErinC1978
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 4:57 pm

Mm! I wish I had more nature-minded friends to go spend time up there with, but alas! Nobody even wants to go hiking the butte trails in our own city. (of course, there's that whole keeping up with the desert cat in the spring/summer heat... but...) And my friend I used to do archery with up at Papago has kidlets now, so no time anymore. I can still shoot in my backyard, but it's more fun to have someone to compete with! XD

What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Sig10
*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

ණ⃛(ᵒ͈̑ᴗ̂ᵒ͈̑ )” Getting stuff done at the speed of smell! ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ

What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Sigimage
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Embala wrote:
Kojiyumi wrote:
But I've also been told since I was a teenager that my eyes glow when the light hits them just right.  Kind of a greenish-yellow.

Cat eyes!

A refraction shot!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 5:44 pm

Oh wow, what a beautiful landscape. Next to you i can see Rayek hopping on the rusty rocks.

"Oddly enough once the temperature gets down to freezing, I'm super comfortable, too"
Sigh, I wish I could endure the cold too, unfortunately I have to practice that with great effort.

Storm, i would like to see your eyes, 3 colours, that sounds beautiful Smile

What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Courts12What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Rayhan26What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Rayhan27What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Sorandril wrote:
Embala wrote:
Kojiyumi wrote:
But I've also been told since I was a teenager that my eyes glow when the light hits them just right.  Kind of a greenish-yellow.

Cat eyes!

A refraction shot!

Whatever's going on with them, it's given me spectacular night vision. It apparently only happens when it is very dark outside and there's a sudden light source. In photographs, I've never red-eyed, even when everyone else in the picture has. Usually, they're just pure black. Which made for a lot of fun with some colored contacts one year. They had blue striations and could not be seen on my eyes at all... until you took a picture. Only THEN could you see them. Freaked out so many people that way.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Cold below freezing causes me to giggle immediately. ( I think this is a failed old fashioned faerie test). I can be out in it all day in minimal clothing. Even native Coloradans are in awe.
Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Kojiyumi wrote:
Sorandril wrote:
Embala wrote:
Kojiyumi wrote:

Cat eyes!

A refraction shot!

Whatever's going on with them, it's given me spectacular night vision. It apparently only happens when it is very dark outside and there's a sudden light source. In photographs, I've never red-eyed, even when everyone else in the picture has. Usually, they're just pure black. Which made for a lot of fun with some colored contacts one year. They had blue striations and could not be seen on my eyes at all... until you took a picture. Only THEN could you see them. Freaked out so many people that way.

Well, you being anything like Leetah explains why I’m still here.

And apparently you see the low end as well. Remember my chart?
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 5:57 pm

Yeee wrote:
Oh wow, what a beautiful landscape. Next to you i can see Rayek hopping on the rusty rocks.

"Oddly enough once the temperature gets down to freezing, I'm super comfortable, too"
Sigh, I wish I could endure the cold too, unfortunately I have to practice that with great effort.

Storm, i would like to see your eyes, 3 colours, that sounds beautiful Smile

I love the red rocks of the southwest.

I only discovered how cold-impervious I am when I went outside to let the dogs out one morning in just boxers and a t-shirt and was working around the back yard and noticed ice from the leaky spigot.  Which I didn't think it got cold enough for, but... I checked the temp and... 23 degrees. Which isn't super cold, but it's a big drop from our normal summer temps. The ground felt a little cold under my feet, like... as if it were wet, but beyond that... I just shrugged and kept on going.  And waiting for the dogs to do their thing. XD  They seemed to like it less than I did, and one of them was a German Shepherd.

Though I do prefer extreme heat to extreme cold. We had like... 50, 60 straight days of over 110f (40c?) here this summer and I was like "Meh, okay. T-shirt to walk to work today, it is." since I've got a 45 minute walk at the hottest part of the day (around 3-4 PM is when the heat crests here.)

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 6:02 pm

Today I also discovered none of the local charities are picking up donations until January. So I guess I just hold onto all these bags of clothes until then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm not down for doing the yardsales like everybody else has been doing all year. Pandemic and all... Yeah, no.

Seriously, there's a house that's had a massive yard sale every weekend since I can remember, and did not stop a whit even through the worst of round one. I guess if you just keep the number of people down, it's fine?

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 6:14 pm

Sorandril wrote:
Kojiyumi wrote:
Sorandril wrote:
Embala wrote:
Kojiyumi wrote:

Cat eyes!

A refraction shot!

Whatever's going on with them, it's given me spectacular night vision. It apparently only happens when it is very dark outside and there's a sudden light source.  In photographs, I've never red-eyed, even when everyone else in the picture has.  Usually, they're just pure black.  Which made for a lot of fun with some colored contacts one year.  They had blue striations and could not be seen on my eyes at all... until you took a picture. Only THEN could you see them.  Freaked out so many people that way.

Well, you being anything like Leetah explains why I’m still here.

And apparently you see the low end as well. Remember my chart?

Can't say for healing others, but the speed at which I heal is pretty fast. Self-treated a partial deglove of a toe, and it was healed back to normal in a little under a month. There was nothing to stitch back (it got totally ripped off and wasn't salvageable), so I didn't bother with going to a hospital. No infection, even. I was walking around barefoot in two weeks. You'd never know it had ever happened now.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 6:19 pm

i poked a hole in my hand with A FILE the other week...

with me this should totally be aggravated damage, anyone else would go to the hospital, but i totally held it and focused on it. Immediately stopped squirting arterial blood. Cant even tell i did it now...

(erm... thanks mom?)
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2020 6:33 pm

I think my worse so far was the dog bites.  Got in between my pitbull  puppy(45 lbs) and a lab mix (90 lbs) (that I'd taken in as a rescue) because she decided to try and EAT my pit and was shaking him by his neck like he was a rag toy.

Five holes in my leg later from where she grabbed me... found me in the urgent care just for a tetanus shot because of animal control issues and reports.  Mistake.  Bad reaction to that...  Whole-body locked up for a day.  Not normally against vaccines, but I'm going to be cautious with that one in the future.  Only one I've EVER had a wonky reaction to.

But anyway, within two or three days they were healed.  No bruising, no pain.  Felt worse from the shot.

Rehomed that dog, tho.  Pitbull is still with me and loves his German Shepherd little sister.  He is cuddle bug who loves giving hugs if you invite him to.

Though animal bites do seem to heal fastest with me.  The nasty rat bite I got last week healed super fast, too.  It was nasty swollen for half an hour or so, but once that was gone, it was nothing. It was my bad, though. I deserved it. LOL. So if it hung around for a while, I wouldn't have begrudged a slow heal.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 2:32 pm

I also have Hazel eyes (that are tired from working crazy night shifts for the last 2 months)
What have you discovered today? - Page 37 20201210

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 3:27 pm

YAY! Another colourful eye! Interesting: green sun rays from the center, and are there brown spots?

What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Courts12What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Rayhan26What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Rayhan27What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Scree165  
playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Nibblet

Nibblet

Pisces Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 3:48 pm

yes, they're Hazel eyes

Zebbed as the First Lady of Naughtyniceness!
Cast as Petalwing in the EQ Forums Movie
Dubbed Google Queen by Kindredsoul
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 6:27 pm

I had to go outside to even begin to get enough light to get the brown on mine to shine through.

Mine are just a remarkably uniform solid color.  But I've always liked the shape and size of them, and how much they mirror in photographs.

What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Unknown

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2020 8:04 pm

Og my god Kojiyumi that sounds horrible. Glad your woulds are healing so fast. I hope you got a shot for that rat bite.

I have turned my night hours around. Yeay... not!
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 5:48 am

Wow, very beautiful shining eyes, Koji!

playing with Hero Forge
Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 5:58 am

Rainflower wrote:
Og my god Kojiyumi that sounds horrible. Glad your woulds are healing so fast. I hope you got a shot for that rat bite.

I have turned my night hours around. Yeay... not!

No, no shot. She's my pet rat, Rose. I was cleaning the cage because it had gotten soaked due to a defective water bottle, and she was unhappy with me doing some last-minute re-arranging of the cage once I put her and the pups back into it. CHOMP! Turns out she wanted to do the re-decorating herself. LOL She's been really good about letting me handle the pups before that, though, so it caught me off guard.

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Sorandril [BANNED]

Sorandril [BANNED]

Aquarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Now, Koji... try this at sunrise when the sun has achieved an ascension of 35 degrees or so (or your latitude in Phoenix) and look an equal number of degrees away from the sun...
Back to top Go down
PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2020 4:38 pm

I just watched the Lord of the Rings movie again, and..
..I've just discovered that I like its ending even better than the novel's.

With Frodo leaving with the elves..
..and Sam staying in the Shire to live a happy family life.

There are those who follow their dreams, and they have to follow them to the end..
..and those who do not dream big but who live their dreams, and fully.

And there can be a bridge of heart between them.

Rainflower

Libra Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 3:47 am

Kojiyumi wrote:
No, no shot. She's my pet rat, Rose. I was cleaning the cage because it had gotten soaked due to a defective water bottle, and she was unhappy with me doing some last-minute re-arranging of the cage once I put her and the pups back into it. CHOMP! Turns out she wanted to do the re-decorating herself. LOL She's been really good about letting me handle the pups before that, though, so it caught me off guard.

Awww She's having babies! Then I see why she could bite. Protection instinct.
Back to top Go down
Leanan

Leanan

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 5:19 am

PCoquelin wrote:
I just watched the Lord of the Rings movie again, and..
..I've just discovered that I like its ending even better than the novel's.

With Frodo leaving with the elves..
..and Sam staying in the Shire to live a happy family life.

But that's how it goes in the novel too. Or do you mean something else about the ending?

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 6:05 am

Rainflower wrote:
Kojiyumi wrote:
No, no shot. She's my pet rat, Rose.  I was cleaning the cage because it had gotten soaked due to a defective water bottle, and she was unhappy with me doing some last-minute re-arranging of the cage once I put her and the pups back into it.  CHOMP!  Turns out she wanted to do the re-decorating herself. LOL  She's been really good about letting me handle the pups before that, though, so it caught me off guard.

Awww She's having babies! Then I see why she could bite. Protection instinct.

Yep~ She was pretty cool with them as newborns and at a week old, but once they started getting mobile and scooting around like little wiggleworms (rats can climb even before their eyes are open!) she got way more testy. I've had some mamas who were like "Take my kids, please!" XD

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Kojiyumi

Kojiyumi

Scorpio Horse

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Insert scream here.

Time to upgrade my PC again...

*✲゚*。✧KOJIYUMI✧。*✲゚*

Back to top Go down
Tynami

Tynami

Aries Snake

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 8:28 pm

Someone posted on the local Facebook board about seeing a 'spacecraft' and freaking out. I knew the International Space Station passed overhead alot, but I didn't know til yesterday that it can pass visibly 4 times a day, not every day, but several times a week. 

The 'ISS Live Now' app is REALLY helping me, but a storm rolled in last night and has blocked any sightings.

Edit: Was in the sky 6 minutes tonight, watched it the whole way across the sky tonight with the kids!

What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Kat-s166What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Kat-s168What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Kat-s167What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Kat-s169
Back to top Go down
https://linktr.ee/lisabit
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you discovered today?   What have you discovered today? - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

What have you discovered today?
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next