Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hows the Weather?

Go down 
+32
PCoquelin
Kojiyumi
Wiseshaman
Tynami
Evil Evie
Bluetree
Miss Gillespie
G0lden
IceTooth
Elwing
wolfmoonsky
faeriegirl
Prayer
Embala
Redhead Ember
Lunakat
Rainflower
Shadowpath
Trollbabe
Zadzi
Cloudbuck
Stormcatcher
Sifra
Miscellaneous
Leanan
Startear
TrollHammer
Soreyes
Nibblet
Tenderfoot
Aelia
Marina.yurk
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 1:51 am

(The spam threads could use some company)

How is the weather?

Here its been all over the place. We have massive instances of Shaman Purging (forest fires) all over the state to the point that:

A) disaster relief/emergency and all that good stuff has been sent in, Presidential well wishings and all that. Firefighters from all over being sent in (even as far as Australia).

B) a "bad air quality" warning/advisory statement has been issued "indefinately" state wide, as we can almost cure meat by hanging it outside in the smoke drifting through, and the closest fire is over 100 miles away! The smoke is so thick from time to time that the sun "sets" almost an hour early some days and ash fallout comes own like snow from time to time.

Today, we started out with the first rain in months, so hard in sheets the roof roared, but it was over and sun shining in an hour. After another hour you couldnt tell anything happened.

Then the wind picked up. Had to take down the trampoline (under 5 year old protest) to keep it from flying away. I could hear someone's metal roof peel off up the street this morning. The winds finally died down "as predicted" at 6pm.

We actually saw blue sky, and currently have a bright full moon (white tonight, not blood red like the last week)... and yet I still smell strong campfires hanging in the air.

I habe been taking pictures of all this the last week or so if anyone wants to see them, otherwise...

...how's your weather?

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 2:40 am

Well the North coast got the rain today as well as a few other places. Nothing here in the valley. Most of the fires are pretty well under control. Got in the mid 80's today. Now if the entire west coast can get some decent rain and snow fall this fall and winter.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 6:18 am

Nothing spectacular, thanks the High Ones!

We had a bright full moon last night. Is's warm and sunny and friendly bue, supposed to be hot today - the last day of Summer.

It's too dry in my reagion for weeks - for month. By far not as dramatically as in other regions of the world but nature and farmers feel the unusual draught.
Rain seems to flee my region this year. Good part is - we don't get severe thunderstorms with heavy rain, hail and storm either.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Its strange the way nature rolls with things sometimes. On the one hand, its so dry that if we forget to water one of the trees at the right time, the leaves die and fall off (but a good soaking right away and it grows new ones). We have trees growing in the river (that still has water thanks to the dams upstream), and even they are losing leaves and turning colors in summer.

But out in the high desert, it seems as though theres more life than ever. I have seen more different kinds of bugs this yewr than any other, there are plants stoicly growing vibrant in the dry soil without any apparent source of water. The sage brush is showing its too dry, losing some color, but it isnt dying (though even if it had normal water and someone looked at it they might think the fibrous stems were dead wood, its such a weird plant).

But the bugs are weird. Massive flies the size of the last joint of your little finger, furry flies that look like mosquitos the size of houseflies, black wasps with abdomins that look stretched out thin with a bulb at the far end (overall twice as long as a normal wasp)... the grasshoppers are normal critters, but theres a lot of them this year, and the dragonflies were out in large quanitites early this year. Mosquitoes are almost absent, but what few there are seem to be showing up with West Nile virus.

Birds, non domesticated animals and plants all seem to be thriving, but us pitiful humans are feeling the heat!

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Aug 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Don't know about new weird bugs around here, but we have to worry about West Nile disease.

Marina.yurk

Marina.yurk

Taurus Rat

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:39 am

We have cold nights. +8°C at
night. Somewhere already fallen
snow. A hot day, when the sun
shines.
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Cool down. Well at least to the mid 80's.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 10:33 pm

It was cool today, probably in the 70s. Cool enough I sat in the car to warm up for a bit. Now its getting warm and humid with a small stormhead rolling through. And a stormhead in the back seat throwing a fit (almost 6 year old fit.) The joys of fatherhood.

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:24 pm

Nice a cool this morning.

Ah Hammer. I remember well the days of 6 yr. old fits. Gotta love the little darlings, then they suddenly become teenagers. Have I got a surprise for you.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 4:32 am

First snow came today! YAY cheers I seem to be the only on happy about it
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 4:46 pm

It's Spring XD

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 5:01 pm

It is very cold out. We are having one of those lovely north winds that bring really cold air out of the north. Brrrrrr.

Rainflower

Rainflower

Libra Snake

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 3:32 am

It was warm late at afternoon yesterday, and then it froze up terribly, and now it's frozen again and it's minus outside. But I Guess that it will melt by the time I leave work
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 6:12 am

It's... snowing a bit.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 6:45 am

Sunny ... and cool. Actually cold compared to the spring-like temeratures we had before.

Aelia

Aelia

Leo Snake

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:39 pm

Autumny, with rain, wind and storms. Not that cold yet. When I was looking outside this afternoon, I spotted golden trees without leaves in bright sunlight, and behind it a heavy dark blueish-grey thundercloud. Striking contrast. Small rainbow as well.
Back to top Go down
Zadzi

Zadzi

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:40 pm

The weather sucks. I hate the cold. I hate having to wear so many clothes, I feel like a turduckin.

Hows the Weather? Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher

Libra Tiger

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 2:48 pm

Let me express my feelings about the weather in a haiku:

Brown leaves blown away
Fields and woods shine white today
With the gods' dandruff.

WTF, a inch of snow in November?! We usually get hadly any of the white stuff before January over here!

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Bright, sunny, and warm. More rain this week and low snow. By low snow, I mean starting at the 4,000 ft. and dropping to about 2500 ft. in the mountains.

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:24 am

It was really, really beautiful earlier today, but also kinda cold.
Now it seems to have gotten a bit more cloudy.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Mostly sunny but cool. Dark clouds later ... little bit of rain. No noteworthy dnow so far.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 12:55 am

Waiting for a little rain to come to the area and a big storm to hit the Sierra Nevada's. Snow!!!!

Zadzi

Zadzi

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2015 1:16 am

Still cold. Harrumph.
We're going to Florida for about 10 days next months and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.
Less clothing - happier Zadzi.
I think I might be a really mister at heart because I'm too cheap to spend money on winter clothes so instead I just shiver like an idiot. Maybe this season I'll finally break down and get those cashmere panties.

Hows the Weather? Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2015 5:47 am

It is cold outside. Probably in the mid to upper 30's right now.

Shadowpath

Shadowpath

Sagittarius Tiger

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? EmptySun Nov 29, 2015 1:53 pm

It's raining somewhat heavily here. We're apparently going to get hit by a storm?

Sponsored content

Hows the Weather? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hows the Weather?   Hows the Weather? Empty

Back to top Go down

Hows the Weather?
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next