Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SEXY KAHVI!!

Go down 
+4
Kaza999
Bluetree
Outlier
Embala
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySun Sep 06, 2015 7:49 pm

SEXY KAHVI!! ... this was Kahvi's thread, opened by Willowspring, on the original Scroll of Colors. Follow old discussions and see fanart from earlier times.

Visit Kahvi's bio page on Elfquest.com. 10 - SEXY KAHVI!! _14_ka10 #14 found

Last edited by Embala on Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:30 am; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptyWed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 am

'Character Bio':

Kahvi (f)  Kahvi

Deceased – immortal
Daughter of Two-Spear and Willowgreen
Granddaughter of Preypacer and Softfoot
Mother of Vaya, Venka and Teir
Grandmother of Satreeka
Niece of Skyfire
Cousin of Freefoot and Nightstar
Lovemate of Vok, Rayek, Cutter, Tyldak, Windkin and others
Student of Icetooth
Mentor of Drub

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:26 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySat Mar 19, 2016 12:18 pm

Kahvi was one of my favorite characters the way she was presented in the original quest: strong, humorous and unwilling to take any crap. I didn't like the development of her as kind of revenge driven and manipulative later, and I really hate when they made her the child of Two-spear.

A couple of drawings:
10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Kahvi_11

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Kahvi111

And there was a discussion once of drawing elves as High Ones, so here was my attempt at High One Kahvi, although I think the consensus was she looked more like a Go-Go dancer.
10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Img_1411

Embala

Capricorn Pig

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 9:32 am

Your drawings mirror your love for Kahvi - as she was. And I like to see the different facets you've pictured.
There is of course the fierce and joyous huntress, glorious and proud in her classic outfit.
Brooding in the Troll caves, contemplation the "good old times" and plotting to gain new glory.

The High One versions makes me chuckle ... she looks kinda bored! High One life is not to her liking!

Last edited by Embala on Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:05 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySun Mar 27, 2016 11:21 am

Outlier wrote:
Kahvi was one of my favorite characters the way she was presented in the original quest: strong, humorous and unwilling to take any crap. I didn't like the development of her as kind of revenge driven and manipulative later, and I really hate when they made her the child of Two-spear.

Here, too. In the Original Quest she was much more grown-up than in the later issues. It's a bit like Winowill, who got less interesting with Siege

Bluetree

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 12:24 pm

Agreed. In the OQ, she kept you on your toes, but if she came at you, she'd be facing you and almost always wearing a sideways grin.

Then she started with the sly smiles and plotting, which seemed very unlike her. Not that characters can't have more than one side to them, but it just didn't quite come off that way in her case.
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 11:39 pm

i always loved kahvi in original quest Very Happy she had so much energy and was honest and blunt--she was great!

(i also loved her and rayek together--they were just so different, but similar in a lot of ways, i wish that they'd committed to each other for longer)
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:56 am

The problem between Kahvi and Rayek - as I see it - was that the ways they were similar was that they were both very stubborn and wanted (preferred) things to be their way. Which meant that neither of them could accept the ways in which the other was different...

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Redhead Ember on Wed May 03, 2023 12:04 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kaza999

Kaza999

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 4:31 am

that definitely sounds like them--they both kind of let their stubbornness get the better of them i think
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySat May 27, 2017 10:14 pm

Kahvi had one trait that reminded me too much of my older sister. She kept taking off. Her tribe needed her leadership, and she abandoned them repeatedly.

Zadzi

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySun May 28, 2017 1:55 am

I loved kahvi because of her wanderlust and I totally relate to it. But I also get how it would get tiresome because I did my abandoning in my 20s and Kahvi's got some years on me lol.

Still, I will say this: She was the last meaningful elf death in FQ (heard of). She and Legigren (ok not an elf but that dude was as far as I'm concerned an honorary elf.). I miss that crazy lady elf, when she was around in any panel, you knew things would get interesting, and now she's gone...

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySun May 28, 2017 4:20 am

She actually pointed out herself that, yeah, her death was kinda lame. The getting pushed off a cliff part that is, not so much the hunting "game" coming before that.
However, doesn't that just show that sometimes deaths aren't "meaningful"? In fact, very often they aren't.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptySun May 28, 2017 8:49 am

Very true. Captain Kirks' death in the Star Trek movies is a classic example of a lame death.

Zadzi

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptyMon May 29, 2017 3:08 am

He died in Star Trek? Damn I got some catching up to do lol

Also yeah I LOVE that Kahvi pointed out how her death was so 'not meaningful'! Go Backs always want to go out in a big way and the cliff shove part was really lame. Still interestingly enough it was in a lot of ways the most intimate death for me in EQ for a character I had come to know and love. I know the deaths of Cutter's parents were supposed to be all deep and also One-Eye's as well. But Khavi's was still awesome because it was unique and unexpected. And it had Lehrigren (spelling, whatever lol) attached. I would also add Tyldak's death too to the mix - while we didn't 'know him' as much, I feel with his relationship with Kahvi, they really grew together. I think their deaths were the most touching despite them being somehow expendable in terms of the entire EQ story (I feel they actually made things more interesting story wise and not having them around anymore doesn't create the same kind of delicious conflict).

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Miss Gillespie

Miss Gillespie

10 - SEXY KAHVI!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEXY KAHVI!!   10 - SEXY KAHVI!! EmptyTue Jun 06, 2017 12:38 pm

Am I the only one, who thinks, that Kahvi in OQ and Kahvi in the later books are like two completely different characters? I liked how in OQ she was confident and strong. Her later persona reminded me of a teenager struggling with finding herself. The old Kahvi didn't yell and scream. The new Kahvi yells and gnarls her teeth all the time

SEXY KAHVI!!
Page 1 of 1