Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Startear's Corner

Go down 
+3
kathleen3.0
PCoquelin
Embala
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 5:24 pm

This is where I'll post my EQ fanart and fanfiction.

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 5:31 pm

This was written back in 2010, a prize for @faeriegirl as she won a contest I held.

The End

There are no other ways to be but now, for the old badger. It is the way, it has been like this ever since Timmain, their mother became a wolf to make her children and friends strong. But even for those who lives now, there is a time when even the boldest wolves has moments when the now is threatened by loss. And in these moments there is only one thing to do.

Bearclaw is going out hunting.

And he knows without any doubt in his heart that he will not return this time.

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 5:37 pm

This was written shortly after I had read the role reversal thread, and succumbed to the Scouter/Winnowill pairing.

The Most Ancient Call

She looks at him, and for once her eyes are not laced with contempt. Her arms seem to quiver as she reaches out to touch his face. He shivers as her elegant slender finders makes contact with his skin. His body has ached for this for so long that tears starts rolling down his cheeks. She dries them away, whispers his soulname. This time it is not to cause him pain, oh no it isn't. It is as sincere as she can master. Slowly, mimics her movement, clumsily brushes her headpiece off in the process. She does not scold him, does not use her terrible powers which frightens him so. and it puzzles him.

Answering the call of recognition is different than being a lovemate with the hearts choice. The most important difference is that this is no game. There is nothing more serious than the taste, so very bitter and yet sweet at the same time. It is desperate, instinctive.

**Jial.**

**Hel.**

Nothing more is exchanged between the two of them. They are completely in the now, a natural part of the shadows in the dimly lit chamber.

The most ancient call...

Then, it is over. It did not last long enough, and yet it was longer than any night. Her snow colored skin is covered with sweat, their breath is heavy. But now they are no longer in sync with each other. Her eyes widen as she realizes who he is, while his darken with fear. He swallows nervously, but dares not to apologize to her. Any move and none at all can and will trigger her famous rage.

Scouter has never before been more aware of his own mortality.

After a long pause the Black Snake sets them both free by the touch of her mind.

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Written for september 2010 grab bag

Heart of Dreams

Once we were able to adapt the things which the Two Moons threw on us. Some of the youngest generation, the last who were born still posses this gift. But they choose to be with us, the loyalty threatens to bring tears to our eyes. We are grateful, filled with love towards everyone in the group. We all feel it, we devour it as we are embraced with it. Together we are all a creation of a dream.

Two leads us, gives us instructions. There is no force, it is our choice to be like this. If any would wish to break free, she or he would do so. No questions would be asked.

It would be their choice.

This is our choice.

We are finally going home.

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 7:01 pm

This was written for Cleopatra as her Secret Santa in 2011. She requested a fic of Wing and Behtia's recognition.

Always

Wing chewed a small piece of bread while he watched the dancers who were running back and forward as the time came closer. He grinned as he heard pieces of different conversations mix in the sound of musicians doing last minute practicing.

“Where is your veil?”

“It’s the wrong color!”

“Hold this while I…”

“Can’t they start soon?”

It felt good to know that he was not the only elf who was impatient. The blond elf held back a sigh as he swallowed the last bite. There was next to nothing to do now, so close to the ceremony, which opened the festival. Unless you played instruments or was one of the dancers that was.

‘Or’, he thought as he gathered his legs under him, ‘see if there is more fruits and vegetables to collect.’ If he remembered correctly, the long yellow ones which only grew in Behtia’s garden should be ready today. Even though a little voice told him they were probably already harvested, if they were ready today, he knew that her hut was on the edge of the village. At least he had something to do then.

The grass pushed gently at his naked feet. Relishing the feeling, he did not notice anyone before he suddenly walked something. An “oomph” escaped his lips as he awkwardly stepped backwards. Out of balance, he felt himself leaning a little too far back. He would have fallen if it had not been for someone grabbing him just in the right moment. Pulled up, he a maiden who smiled softly. “Careful, Wing.”

“Thanks Behtia,” he muttered, quickly leaning down to pick up the vegetables that had rained down because of his clumsiness. He could feel pink dots color his cheeks, which grew as this newfound embarrassment. “I was going to see if these were ready for harvest,” he explained to her. “You were clearly swifter than I.”

He came aware of her scent, a mix of spices and sand as she stepped closer to him. “That’s sweet of you, Wing.” He looked up at her. Whatever he was about to say, it was lost as a new sensation came over him. Her eyes were impossibly bright, reminded him of sprouting grass. Her skin spoke of long hours in the sun, her dress was something between blue and her brilliant green orbs. Her hair looked to soft there, almost touching the ground. He came so aware of this, as a name only his parents used caressed him like a soft breeze.

**Vi-Vihr!**

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 7:04 pm

This was written for @wolfmoonsky in 2011, on her request.

You are someone else, I am still right here

He knows he is unfair, to her and Cutter. He tries swallowing it, wants the cool water wash away the bitter taste it leaves in his mouth. Yet, it blossoms within him every time the soft moans wakes from his slumbers. She is there, always a step in front of him. Her hands glow in the den, impossible to ignore.

That is what the stargazer envies, what hurts most. They all are distant to him these days, but none as much as he is.

Or so it seems until he sits on the cliff, the roar of the sea pounding in his ears. Cutter is covered with cuts his soulbrother has inflicted on him. Holding hands just like they did a lifetime ago while beautiful maidens were dragging off him.

“No matter what, you did not let me go… did you?”

“Never.”

“No matter what.”

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 7:11 pm

My take on how Bowki and other characters must have felt when Dart went into wrapstuff. Written in July 2011.

Shades of Smiles

I

Bowki does have eyes. He is only eight years old, but his eyes are sharp. He can see the different smiles and easily distinguish them. He can see other things well too, but it is the smiles he notices most. Especially those of his parents. All of them have the proud smile, the one they flash when he does something extraordinary. Like when his arrows hit their mark, and when he got to know Quicksnap. They also have the same smile when they comfort him. And then there is the smile in their eyes, the one reserved for when he does something he shouldn’t and they try to be stern and fail.

Sometimes father get a distant smile. It isn’t like mother’s when she remembers something from when she was young.

No, it is a different sort of distant. Almost as if he is sad and tries to disguise it.

When Bowki sees that smile, he kind of wishes his eyes weren’t so sharp.

II

Serrin knows what her recognized is going to say before he utters a word. The black haired female has always known this day would come. She has tried to prepare herself, but obviously failed. Because she can feel the sting of salty tears.

But what can she do? Dyrr cannot forget. He has moments when he does, well helped by their beautiful son. The flashes of peace and happiness are only temporary. So she hides her sorrow behind a smile as their foreheads touch. He is surprised by her action, by her simple understanding.

Then she follows her lifemate to the cellar where they first met.

III

Talmah doesn’t have the heart to follow his lifemates down. He chooses to wait at the stairs. It is almost worse to see their backs as they slowly descend down to where the wounded sleep. But it leaves him free to let the tears roll down his cheeks.

It takes forever before his lifemate comes within his field of vision again, yet it is too soon before there is only him and her again. By then he has wiped his tears away, but she knows he had been crying. She always knows.

**I miss him too.**

IV

Wing sees his grandson run from his parents hut and swing his legs over his wolfriend, before the youth takes off. By now almost everyone knows that Dart has joined the wounded in their sleep. He hopes his friend has happy dreams, free from the horrible images left from the war. Bowki who is full of smiles and laughter doesn’t know about that, he knows nothing of those terrors. Of course his grandfather wishes he will never learn.

His lifemate puts a hand on his shoulder. “Leave him.”

“He could hurt himself.”

“Let him howl, beloved.” She squeezes his shoulders. “He is only ten. Let him grieve. Let him howl.”

V

Newstar finds the cub after the moons have disappeared behind the mountains. As she expected, he sits on one of the places which isn’t occupied by a body in wrapstuff. He stares at the one she knows belongs to her friend.

She sits down beside him. He makes no move or sound to either acknowledge her presence. He keeps staring at his father’s wrapped up body in complete silence.

“Father is wounded, isn’t he?” Bowki turns her head towards her. “Like Kimo, only different.”

His aunt cannot do anything but nod.

When they go upstairs, they pass the jars with the many pebbles. Bowki pauses for a moment. Then he bends down by the one where those which are reserved for the ones which doesn’t mark time. He picks one up, and put it into the other one.

“Don’t tell,” he begs.

Newstar smiles reassuringly.

“I won’t.”

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 7:31 pm

I just want to let you know how happy I am to see your fiction and picture art return to the Scroll, Startear!

PCoquelin

PCoquelin

Pisces Monkey

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 7:32 pm

I like Startear's style.

kathleen3.0

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 9:28 pm

You're so lyrical, starter! I especially loved the one about Wing and Behtia, they must have been so happy together, right?
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 2:39 pm

I agree with kathleen. These are really lovely.

Zadzi

Zadzi

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 3:47 pm

I agree with everyone who's posted before me!

You write like silk, Startear.

Startear's Corner Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:28 pm

Aaa, thank you everyone! Some of these stories are old but they are dear to my heart, so I'm glad to get this response. cheers

kathleen3.0 wrote:
I especially loved the one about Wing and Behtia, they must have been so happy together, right?

Absolutely. They were so happy to be recognized, they even joked about Wing being so sweet that a bee stung him, and aaaaa! They were so cute together!

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:35 pm

Secret Santa image for @Cometduster, 2012!

Startear's Corner Chibi%20comet_zpsyna5nw6i

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:38 pm

I don't think I ever posted this one on the forum. This was drawn in 2012, one of my first tries with promarkers! Foul Smellings from the Jink comics.

Startear's Corner Foul%20smelling_zpsjsmweddm

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:43 pm

I wanted to draw Minyah in the pin-up calendars, but never manged to finish more than the "sexy" pose. My take was that after a long day gardening, she would enjoy soaking in the hot-springs!

Startear's Corner Saxy%20Minyah_zpsnevqh46c

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:49 pm

First drawing of one of my oc's, Cone. She is a wolfrider from Skyfire's time, who grieved a long time after loosing her wolfriend, Rill in a hunting accident. This grief was never understood fully, so she became quite angry and bitter.

Initially the idea started after my mom called me a loveless abomination, and I joked about creating a character called Moodkiller, which was what her tribe would call her behind her back.

Startear's Corner Preview_Cone%20skecty%20thing_zpsstay4ply

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 4:52 pm

Fullbody of Cone. I think this was one of my first serious full bodies I ever drew. Watercolor.

Startear's Corner Preview_Cone%20watercolor_zpsfzvsgrld

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Another oc, Ekah! Daughter of Ahnshen and Moonshade. She grew up mostly with the Wolfriders, and even went to live at Thorny Mountain. Ekah and Strongbow have a very complicated relationship, as Ekah always found him slightly intimidating, and she has the tendency to get very defensive easily. This combined with how she feels every comment he had about non-wolfriders against her personally put both of them at edge.

She always wears a pendant on her, something she picked up from a troll corpse during the elf-troll war.

This was the first image I ever drew of her, telling Cutter and Strongbow that she wanted to go to Sorrow's End too in Hidden Years

Startear's Corner Preview_Ekah%20hair%20try_zpswltqk6wv

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Art trade with @katcombs, her Tynami, drawn in 2012! Watercolor

Startear's Corner Preview_Tynami%20art%20trade_zpsyopjw0yq[/URL]

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:21 pm

Secret Santa image for Moonmoss! Man, I had so much fun with this image!

She requested either an image or fanfic about Vaya proving herself, to herself. I drew Vaya riding out to rescue her mother and their hunting party after being attacked with trolls, and after that she got a whole squad of scouts.

Startear's Corner Vayagoesforth_zpsd568d4f8

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:33 pm

I took a little break from drawing EQ fanart in 2013These images were done for the tribe switch thread. Well, technically it is a role reversal, having Trinket grow up with the Wolfriders as her family were the one getting kidnapped by Rayek.

First as a child, after outgrowing the dress.

Startear's Corner Tinketwolfriderchild_zps89aec44f

Here a more general as she became an adult. I decided that Trinket would most likely be a Tanner if anything, wanting to create pretty clothes! Also, if Tyleet was allowed to wear that berry-pink top, then so would Trinket, because Trinket does as she wants! Very Happy

Startear's Corner Wolfridertrinket_zps30da1117

And on a bit sadder note... Trinket dreaming of her lost family. This was done in pen during class. Also, Ekuar is included here, as I think she would still miss her papa Ekuar too.

Startear's Corner Dreamingoffamily_zpsac348855

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:41 pm

Startear's Corner Serrin%20is%20alive_zpstslqvdan

>Serrin: Be alive

You did not realize that some thought you were dead. True, you never went into wrap-stuff, but you suppose that some thought you might had died during the long, long wait for the Palace to reappear. Or maybe some thought you died when the Sun Village was attacked by humans. By the Great Sun that event was scary! But not only did you survive, you are now living in the Palace everyone was waiting for so long! It is truly magical to live here, in the place where your ancestors came from.

>Now go and leave a big puckernut right where you are standing.

---

Done for the style swap challenge at EQFA,where I chose the style of Homestuck, because that was the fandom that pushed me into drawing! Also done in celebration when I found that Serrin was alive, as I thought she had died in New Blood.

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:43 pm

Working on expressions, and Yun was accomidating. Smile

Startear's Corner Preview_yun_zpsoel7vth2

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner EmptyFri Sep 11, 2015 5:50 pm

Another EQ oc, Apple. She lives in a modern world, where the elves are seen as lesser. She works at a elven crisis center, helping First image is of her when she was young, and the second is how she looks now.

Startear's Corner Applelaugh_zps263500c8

Startear's Corner Apple_zpsfce8528b

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Startear's Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Startear's Corner   Startear's Corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Startear's Corner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next