Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two

Go down 
+5
Zadzi
Embala
Lunakat
Redhead Ember
Miss Gillespie
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Trollbabe

Trollbabe

Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 26, 2020 10:24 pm

Two-Edge as Frankenstein is a fitting parallel.  Except that Frankenstein (and I haven't read the book) didn't learn a trade, did he?

Part of the script from an episode of the "Winnie and Smelt" show:

Smelt:  "Winnie, babe, I found what was wrong with the upstairs 'loo.  This idiot Glider was stuffing it with leaves."

Little Two-Edge:  "Gee, Pops, are the stores all out of toilet tissue again?"

Smelt:  "No, son, toilet tissue hasn't been invented yet."

(Smelt drags Glider in the room by his ankles.)

Winnowill:  YOU INSOLENT FOOL!!  Nobody abuses Gliders except me!!!

(Winnowill grabs Smelt and magically reduces him to green Jell-O, or whatever the special effects department has in stock.  Little Two-Edge collapses in shrieking hysterics.)

Smelt:  I shoulda joined the Union... GAAACK!"

Glider:  "Uh, Mistress... maybe we should have resolved the plumbing problem before we disposed of the plumber?"

(Winnowill pulls out smartphone and starts tapping and swiping)

Winnowill:  "Plumbers, Cartoon Universe... Drat! Mario is booked through the summer...  Yelp says his competitor is a clumsy ape... So hard to keep a connection inside this mountain..."

(Cut to commercial)

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 2:07 am

So Im messing with ears... And something came up that has caused me to wonder: does Two Edge have elf ears or are his ears part way between elf and troll? They seem to be wider, stick out more and seem more swept back than the reference I was using for elf ears. Is there a healer in the house, or some other expert around? Smile

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 am

Basically elf ears the way it looks to me ...

Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2014-03-20-at-2.08.20-PM

... actually elf ears Wolfrider style - very big and prominent.

Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 Leetah-01 Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 268396

As Two-Edge's build and features are much bulkier and wider than elfin build his ears are "adepted to his face" to look good. Cannot word it different.

(no healer nor expert here ^^)

Last edited by Embala on Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:17 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2021 1:21 am

Thanks again for the references, I had a pretty good elf ear, but need to bulk it up to make it more Two Edgy. I liked how it was so I 'saved' it, since its possible Ill need to start over.

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2021 4:07 am

What color is his hair? Its not exactly white, is it?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 5:16 pm

I'd say Two-Edge's hair is white. Depending of the colorist and presumed light incidence with bueish, grey or beige shadows and streaks.

Natural hair is never of only one color. A good wig is made of three or more harmonic hues. Nothing that can be easily reproduced for your project, Hammer. Would be sensible restrict Two-Edge's wig to one color only. There are more hues of white as one would guess ...
Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 Whitew10
Personally I'd go for off-white (right side) to have a different to the bright "elfin" white (1st and 2nd on th left). Might even try the one in the lower left corner. But the wool is only for color illustration.

I guess you'll have to roll with material like artificial fur in whatever white you'll can get. Maybe my thought will help with your decision nevertheless. Looking forward to see the result!

Last edited by Embala on Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 2:32 am

Now Im wondering if theres some kind of "not dreadlocks" way to use yarn for hair... I went through the fabric store and found some black faux fur that would work for maybe young Picknose, Im trying to find a creative way to cut it out in triangles to make a decent wig without it getting too funky. I found some "frost grey" faux fur on amazon thst dorsnt look too bad (but the pictures are often decieving), and in these sorts of things cost isnt too bad. Ive also looked at "wizards' wigs" with beards and a lot of them are wavy santa wigs and beards. Also a lot of the "straight" ones peoble complain of it being too fake, still more wavy or sparse, or not like the pictures provided. Still, its good to have an artist's eye on color to chime in trying to figure this out, since a lot of two-edge's images are backlit or theme mood lit in a variety of colors.

On another note: ehst base color are his gauntlets? In my head-canon, they were grey with silver studding, but after looking closer they look more brown oe tan than gray (in the leather finger area). Again, my uncalibrated eye isnt as good as an artist's so to correct for forge reflection and whatnot, I cant be sure. What do they look like to you?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2021 2:59 pm

You've already nailed it - there ist not just one color for Two-Edge's gloves. It's changing ... depending on the light, the time frame and - as simple as this - the colorist. I had to look up some photos ... there is greyish brown, leather brown and different hues depending on various light mood.

But how I remember them is ... green, a dark greyish green with olive/brown shadows.

The different colors are not a contradiction for me. Two-Edge is old - he must have worn out quite a few pairs of gloves. ^^ And new gloves will change colorwith time passing. I'd say you cannot do wrong, Hammer - brown or grey or olive green can work (and any mixed hue). For me it would be perfect if the gloves have a slightly smudgy, worn look.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two   Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Two-Edge, The One Who Is Two
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2