Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Abodean Animal Life

Go down 
+5
Leanan
Trollbabe
TrollHammer
Embala
Tam
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tymber

Tymber

Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abodean Animal Life   Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 4:03 pm

Embala wrote:
When I've read Deepsinger I've inatially pictured the humpback whale - not the biggest whale on Earth but best known for their songs.

You are probably right. I just went based off the description of the whale in the book.
There's no reason to believe that WoTM's largest whales aren't closer to Humpback whales than Blue Whales.

And for bonus - songs of the humpback whale...
https://soundcloud.com/plos-one-media/humpack-whale-songs?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

https://soundcloud.com/plos-one-media/humpback-whale-song-1?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Yeee wrote:
Of course it is clear what some names mean,I meant not all. I sampled a list of all Sea animals names so That I have a quick check, what names I can/ should use for my comic stuff.
If there are still pictures from the comics for the names, I at least know how the Pinis imagine them to look like. The appearance of the Abode animals varies from that of the terrestrial.
As for the pictures you sent, they definitely give me a pretty good starting point and I can see myself using them in the future.

Yeah. I was just recently looking at the ElfQuest RPG - and it made me think of the forum again.
And to my surprise I saw this thread, and figured I'd add to what the RPG book had listed that wasn't already here.
Somewhere on my computer I have a massive list of animals I've added to the RPG, and gave them "ElfQuest-ish" type names.
Because that was always one of the biggest limitations of the ElfQuest game - it didn't have much in the way things that the party of elves could encounter (no "Monster Manual" like D&D has).
I mean a game can only run into more elves and be surprised, or endless waves of humans, before that gets boring.
So I added a number of other types of creatures in the world for the game I ran centuries ago. Very Happy

Vaeri

Vaeri

Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Abodean Animal Life   Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 4:18 pm

Hey i just remembered one not on the lists yet! Bellyrippers! Not sure what it'd be comparable to from Earth...some kind of shark or killer oversized leech?
Back to top Go down
Yeee

Yeee

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Abodean Animal Life   Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 4:24 pm

Was that the big monsterfish that wanted to eat the newborn daughter of Suntop?

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Abodean Animal Life   Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 16, 2022 4:39 pm

Okay, Monsters:

Madcoil (though he's listed with the characters, too - after all it can send) - Original Quest #4

created by Winnowill
Lord of the Shapechanged (dubbed him LotSch) - Hidden Years
and lots of Winnowill's other shapechanged creatures - Hidden Years
Peacehounds - Shards
Redeemer - probably Fire-Eye ... must look it up)

any more?

Bellyripper looks like one but is likely a native creature of Abode - Final Quest Prologue

... yup, the one who wanted newborn Korafay for breakfast, Yeee!

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: Abodean Animal Life   Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 1:31 am

The sea monster that the townspeople were going to feed the one who had looked an elf in the eye, its been too long since I rattled trivia around in my dusty olf head, but Cutter's tribe killed it.

(Semi joking as shes a character, but Winnie will always be grade A monster material)

The shapechanged Beast Master or whatever he was called is a monster of sorts of note, though falls in with the shapechanged you mentioned.

Many dont like the series but I loved it, especially since it brought me to EQ in the firstplace, but Jink's Mindcoil was an eathereal monster of sorts.

From Cutter's perspective, there were several atypical monsters:
Were-Skywise
The Rabid Thankless Squirrel
Timmain, the Puppeteer
(Ok, two of those arent animals, but they were beastly in their own right)

The relentless swarm of spiritmakers plaguing Cutter throughout his life...
The Wigglers, (Neverending, whoch would also be characters, but aliens and quite monsterous in appearance, to a degree...)

Im reaching, sorry, seems like theres more, but many of the Big Bads were just "bad guys" and were characters, not animals. Though they were monsters in their own right (like the Djun, and the thief. To a degree, the birds of blue mountain and the preservers almost fit the bill, in their own way.

Tymber, fould I bother you for your list sometime?

Tymber

PostSubject: Re: Abodean Animal Life   Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 3:23 am

TrollHammer wrote:

Tymber, fould I bother you for your list sometime?

Yeah. I need to see if I can find it. I thought I had it stuffed on my EQRoll website (http://tawmis.com/eqroll/) - but that's just the tribe I'd made (The Pridewalkers).

I'll dig around - it's been eons since I touched that file. So it might be shoved on a backup BluRay or something.

Trollbabe

Trollbabe

PostSubject: Re: Abodean Animal Life   Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2022 10:06 pm

I would consider the misshapen Trolls monsters, simply because they were misshapen by their dependence upon magic. I know many Trolls personally who believe magic is something we should avoid. I'm on the fence about it.

PostSubject: Re: Abodean Animal Life   Abodean Animal Life - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Abodean Animal Life
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2