Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To go or not to go...? (local comic con)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

To go or not to go...? (local comic con) Empty
PostSubject: To go or not to go...? (local comic con)   To go or not to go...? (local comic con) EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 4:03 am

Next weekend there is the first annual comic con (ever, for our area).

I cant make a costume Id feel would be worth making in one week (Two Edge or Iron Man.... take your pick, its not happening in a week)

So do I go or not anyway? I know no one going, and not so keen on the comic shop putting it on, but its the only chance to go to one... ever (until next year). Its $55 for all three days, or $25 a day (ish).

Opinions?

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: To go or not to go...? (local comic con)   To go or not to go...? (local comic con) EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 4:43 am

Sounds like you are basically interested in going there. And not too eager at the same time. In similar cases I use to ask myself:

What will bother me longer?

Spending money for a comic con where I neither have appropriate duds nor company that will possibly not "pay back" enough fun?

or

Missing the only availabe comic con for 12 month were I might have a good time?

For me this way it's easier to decide.

You know yourself ... maybe it's functioning for you, too. It's a bit like a child that has to decide between several possible playthings / gifts / whatever. When you ask "What's your favorite?" you won't get a final decision - not in an hour. Instead ask: "What's your LESS favorite?" and put it aways one after one ... you will often get a decicion in decent time. It functions surprisingly well.

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To go or not to go...? (local comic con)   To go or not to go...? (local comic con) EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Go. Have fun and enjoy yourself. You can get an idea of how things are set up at this new comic con. That'll give you time to make your costume for next yr.

Sac Com has grown fast in my area. Sadly I haven't been able to go due to funds and this yr. surgery. I hope to go next yr. I, myself don't dress up as any character. I enjoy just going and seeing different things.

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: To go or not to go...? (local comic con)   To go or not to go...? (local comic con) EmptySat Oct 17, 2015 3:25 pm

I go to comicons-- but I've never gone in costume. I go to shop for obscure books and posters, and to get things signed by the artists that created them. And to meet the writers and artists I'd admire and just tell them I admire them-- or ask them questions about their work. And to see any friends who may have booths there.

I say... get a buddy to go with you, and... go! Forget the costume. Just enjoy yourself.

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: To go or not to go...? (local comic con)   To go or not to go...? (local comic con) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 10:26 am

A friend of mine is going, I mkght go with him one of the days.

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: To go or not to go...? (local comic con)   To go or not to go...? (local comic con) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2015 1:14 pm

That's great, Hammer! GO. And have a good time! geek

G0lden

G0lden

Scorpio Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To go or not to go...? (local comic con)   To go or not to go...? (local comic con) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 2:20 am

Have fun Hammer.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To go or not to go...? (local comic con)   To go or not to go...? (local comic con) Empty

Back to top Go down

To go or not to go...? (local comic con)
Page 1 of 1