Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Easter EggQuest

Go down 
+24
G0lden
Shadowpath
Elwing
Beryl
LurkingCat
Evil Evie
Lunakat
Tymber
Stormcatcher
faeriegirl
Outlier
Nibblet
Startear
Kindredsoul
PCoquelin
Redhead Ember
wolfmoonsky
Trollbabe
MrsGrizzley
Kojiyumi
TrollHammer
truelight
Leanan
Timmain
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 4:09 am

So... should we start posting a lot in the characters threads to give Embala somewhere to hide her eggs, or... should we just leave them alone, making the search a lot easier?

BTW, I'm probably gonna be a bit lazy here. I'll take part in the speculating, and if I think know who it is I'll post about it here. However, I won't go to the respective threads and actually find the eggs.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 10:37 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
So... should we start posting a lot in the characters threads to give Embala somewhere to hide her eggs, or...
The point is that I need own posts to drop eggs. ^^ Comments in the character threads would give me best chances to answer, tho! There'll be another hunt next year ... hopefully ...

Quote :
should we just leave them alone, making the search a lot easier?
or a lot more boring?

Quote :
BTW, I'm probably gonna be a bit lazy here. I'll take part in the speculating, and if I think know who it is I'll post about it here. However, I won't go to the respective threads and actually find the eggs.
Awww... not gathering eggs? Shocked

wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 10:10 am

Yay! Easter egg hunt! egg  
So it is about groups? I like that! I can't wait for the hunt to begin! :-)
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 12:24 pm

Embala wrote:
Awww... not gathering eggs?

I'm too lazy to constantly check and re-check the character threads for the eggs. For me the discussion-aspects of these hunts are much more fun than the actual process of finding and posting the eggs. Of course I'll still gather eggs if they haven't been gathered, but I'll just as often simply post who I think it is and then people shouldn't go "Redhead figured it out, she should be the one to post it."

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 9:39 am

You've made your point clear, Redhead! Like

Nests are ready. Eggs are hatched. The Easter EggQuest will start in a week. Sunday 13th you will get a first glimpse ... and then one nest per day. Expect lots of eggs!

The rules for the hunt can be found in the first post.

For those who are familiar with it already - there's a new rule for the time being.

RULE 6. This is more of a plea to make it fun for more hunters:
Please restrict yourself to 2 eggs (for the big nests) and 1 egg (for small nests) per nest within the first 48 hours. Later you can gather and bring in as many nest eggs as you wish for.

See ... it will be ridiculously easy to scan the character threads in question for hidden egges - there are so few posts at all in our new Holt! I hope for several hunters from different time zones and with different working schedules. It would be great if everybody who cares will have the chance to bring in eggs ... not only hunters whose times match well with my drop times.

Join hunting parties or be a lonesome stalker. Guess and try to figure out what the nests are about and where the eggs will be hidden. Don't be shy ... I hope for some lurkers to show up too!

And if there are still questions how it works and where you can find the hidden eggs - please ask!
In case you are unsecure how to do it right ... there's nothing you can do wrong! ^^

egg  Have fun - EVERYBODY who's up for it!  albino

Last edited by Embala on Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 4:24 am

So... Will I still be allowed to post suggestions of who I think will be in the nests?

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:23 pm

Suntop Uncomfortable Allowed? It's recommended! Ember

First ... it's a vital part of the fun for me. Second ... I can be cryptic enough to make everyone guess quite a while before some of the nests will be figured out. Don't you think so? Twisted Evil

Guesses of all kind - obvious, clever, crazy, logical, serious, funny - will be necessary!

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 6:30 am

That's what I meant by my earlier comment about not gathering (that many) eggs. For me - as for you - it's the discussion and wondering what the hell kind of evil you've thought up now that's the fun part. Who actually goes in a gather the eggs is kinda irrelevant for me, not like there's a prize for most gatherings.

Besides; this will be yet another way for me to use the elficons! Allowing me to go in and say:

I think the nest might consist of:

Trinket Pike Rolling Hungry Wolf

Not that I think those will actually be a nest... although you could come up with a nest that random!

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:18 pm

Well, I hope that someone actually will gather the eggs ... otherwise some nest will stay incomplete!

Rayek Devil Don't give me ideas! Ekuar

Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 6:02 pm

I approve of this rule! I often end up empty-handed because someone else has claimed the prey I'm after... in front of my nose! XD

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2016 8:26 pm

I hope it will work the way everyone has a good hunt and fun, Startear. albino

This is pretty close to my early childhood memories and my imagination of an Easter bunny - I've found the illustration here.

4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 Good-o10

good ol' German Easter hares

helping me to paint colorful eggs and lay them in hidden nests. egg
The Easter EggQuest will start this Sunday ... or a bit earlier, depending on your time zone. See you sOOn! albino

Last edited by Embala on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 12, 2016 11:32 pm

The rules for the Easter EggHunt are in the first post. Don't be shy and ask if more information is needed.

This year's theme will be "Quests". Big quests, minor quests, world changing quests, personal quests, successful quests and doomed quests. Think of groups or individuals who are on a journey to encounter something new or reach a goal.

4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 0313_l10
Let's start! ... there are more eggs to hunt than you can see in the big nest - for good reason
(only the colored ones will hatch)

This nest is an exception from the rule #3 - I will hide only one mini egg per day from now until Easter Monday. Have dropped the first one on in the Character section!

Have FUN!

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:11 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 4:20 am

I'm guessing a big group, consisting of

Leetah Smile Suntop Uncomfortable Ember Nightfall Redlance SMile Clearbrook One-Eye Scouter Treestump Dewshine Moonshade Strongbow Scowl Laughing Pike + Zwoot

But of course I don't know which order they'll be dropped in...
And I haven't actually counted if the numbers fit.

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 5:09 am

tsktsk... maybe you should count?

Colorful illustrated group - wrong group!

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 6:34 am

What? It fits!
14 eggs, 14 characters in my group!

Counting the zwoot, but still...

Okay... so I did the thing I said I wouldn't do and...

4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 _Cutter

Guess it's the elves going into the desert, but leaving out the cubs...

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 7:00 am

*grin* Count ... and read!
Embala wrote:
... there are more eggs to hunt than you can see in the big nest - for good reason

... and skipping cubs at Easter is a no-go!

First egg is found ... and the Big Nest revealed? Guess I cannot kid you ... it is!
But will someone figure out the "good reason" before it becomes visible ... and the complete symbolism of the nest? (it's not so hard at all)

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:21 am

Guess it makes sense to start this with the quest that started all the others.

Back to top Go down
wolfmoonsky

wolfmoonsky

Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 11:22 am

YAY!! Let the hunt begin! egg
I see Redhead has alreay found one! cheers
My mission is to at least find ONE EGG! Laughing Pike

Just one question: The cutter egg has been found. Is that the only egg for today/48 hours or are there more to find now? I read the rules and readed the last few comments, but for some reason i can't seem to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 3:04 pm

It's the FIRST nest of the hunt and as usual I will drop only ONE egg per day for THIS special nest. Whoever is the first to find the egg of the day - grab it if you like! albino

All the other nest eggs will be dropped within 24 hours after the nest showed up - as usual.
For those nests I politely ask the hunters to restrict themselves on two eggs (for big nests) or one egg (for small nests) within the first 48 hours. This way I hope that more hunters will get a chance to find a "fresh" egg. After this time gather as many unfound ones as you are up to! rabbit

And there will be more than one egg you'll like to find, Wolfie! Definitely more  Skywise Wink

Last edited by Embala on Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 13, 2016 8:10 pm

4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 0314_t10
To boldly go where no kin has gone before ...

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:03 am

Hmm... I'm kinda stumped about this one. Though I have a suspicion it might not be a cohesive group. As in; they went blodly but not necessarily at the same time, and in the same way.
Three people who've all done something new and brave...
Can't help but thinking Cutter might turn up again...

About the big nest:
Are we on the hunt for all 17 of them but three aren't in the nest (yet)? Or...?
And what could the "missing ones" be?

One-Eye Rainsong and Woodlock are all dead. But so is Wing...

Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 4:59 pm

Redhead Ember wrote:
Hmm... I'm kinda stumped about this one. Though I have a suspicion it might not be a cohesive group. As in; they went blodly but not necessarily at the same time, and in the same way.
Three people who've all done something new and brave...
Shocked That's an incredibly accurate description ... of another nest! ^^

This one is definitely a cohesive group - and the hint is close to a quote. (well, not literally but on the sense)

about the big nest: Who's talking about "missing ones"? rabbit
There's a reason why there are more mini eggs to hunt than nest eggs can be count.

Last edited by Embala on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 9:00 pm

No one had an idea about the previous nest or felt up to look for eggs? Sad Well, the new nest will be harder ...

4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 0315_w10
It's The Way.  ... way's end closes in ...

Last edited by Embala on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Outlier

Outlier

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 11:20 pm

Well, it took me forever to figure out how to get it here, and i'm still not sure what I did  Shocked , but - found one!
I think?
4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 _Oddbit

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2016 2:24 am

Yeah for Outlier! cheers First egg found ... maybe yesterday's nest is not such a riddle anymore? The two companions are lying around, too. ^^
I'm curious - were you just lucky or did you have an idea who you are looking for, Outlier?

Comparably easy way to bring nest eggs in:

Right mouse click on the tiny egg -> click "show grafic info" -> copy the .jpg-address -> use the "window" icon to insert image in your post.

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter EggQuest   4 - Easter EggQuest - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Easter EggQuest
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next