Father Tree Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Father Tree Holt

Home to the Scrolls of Colors Family

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Love of Final Quest

Go down 
+19
Zadzi
Lunakat
Miscellaneous
Redhead Ember
Elwing
Davrille
Stargazer
wingthing
Sifra
Embala
TrollHammer
KR Wordgazer
Startear
Blackbird
Multi-Facets
manga
Kindredsoul
G0lden
Trollbabe
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 5:17 am

Multi-Facets wrote:
It could be Freetouch finds him very nice to look at. She said much the same about Pool, Sust, and Pike.

It's Freetouch. I'd say she's very eager to have some fun.

Come play the Who Am I game! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 5:37 am

I like seeing her give that leaves-thing to Korafay, towards the end of EQ11. Makes me want to be friend with both girls.

Moonshade and Leetah: I found Moonshade "but I want to go to the stars!" very moving. The way I read it: she's suffering now, but she doesn't want that to shapes her or limits her anymore. She wants to go as far as her dreams can go.
Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Miscellaneous wrote:
I like seeing her give that leaves-thing to Korafay, towards the end of EQ11. Makes me want to be friend with both girls.
Man-- I seriously need to revisit that issue!

Quote :
Moonshade and Leetah: I found Moonshade "but I want to go to the stars!" very moving. The way I read it: she's suffering now, but she doesn't want that to shapes her or limits her anymore. She wants to go as far as her dreams can go.
I completely agree!

Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Well, very little has gone my way in FQ...

I didn't want Ember+Teir = TRUE!l
I didn't like Timmain + Skywise = ?
I don't like Korafay with Reef ( he is so boooring, and come on, she is Cutters first grandchild, she is supposed to have a huge storyline, where is Korafays spotlight? Very Happy )
I get my heart broken for Strongbow
WTF Windkin?? Aroree??
Mender + Dart? I'm confussed...I like it, don't like it...changes every day.

Buuut...I still love this. and I haven't been able to predict anything, I still get suprised every issue, and I love all the new characters Smile

ErinC1978

Sagittarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:
A couple of little things in Issue 11 that haven't been mentioned yet, I don't think.  I love how when Moonshade asks Leetah to take her wolf blood, they are sitting in the same poses, with nearly the same background image, as when Skywise asked the same thing all those years ago. It made me wonder if Skywise had any idea what he was setting in motion.  Probably not, and yet that panel does seem to imply that this choice of Moonshade's is directly connected to his own choice.  I thought that was interesting.

That is a very insightful observation. I guess that really, Skywise's decision was the first instance of a Wolfrider having their wolf blood removed where 1) it was their own choice and 2) considered a positive thing. I don't think someone like Moonshade could have or even would have thought to go that route without someone else having done it first.

KR Wordgazer wrote:
Also one point from Issue 10, second to the last page, and then again in Issue 11, page 7 -- am I mistaken, or does Freetouch keep looking admiringly/smittenly at Snakeskin?

Yes! It's kind of adorable. I'm with Freetouch, Snakeskin's a hottie.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 2:37 am

Blackbird wrote:
I don't like Korafay with Reef

I'm not sure they're together, they're simply friends. A friendship that's helping Reef get over the mental and emotional trauma of spending 10,000 years as The Broken One.

:korafay: :reef:

Back to top Go down
Blackbird

Blackbird

Aquarius Tiger

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:55 am

Jeje, I say if they are together, I don't like it. Smile
Don't make me feel about it, poor guy and all. Feels like Korafay has been neglected in the storyline so far, but there is still much left Very Happy

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Personally, I feel that the reason Reef has been so boring is that he's been so withdrawn after his healing, we really haven't learned much about him. Korofay is lively and loving, and if anyone can help him move forward, she can.

Embala

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 9:49 am

That's why I love the Final Quest.

The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 Ba_kor10

Last edited by Embala on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Davrille

Davrille

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 4:16 pm

I really liked the panel of Moonshade interacting with the wolf pack after having her wolfblood removed. There's such a feeling of action to it, for me. Like she's going to reach down and scratch two wolves at once with each hand.
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 5:23 am

One thing I like is the fact that it shows that Reef is still haunted by what happened to him. Not because I want him to suffer, but because I like that his healing wasn't simply a case of "You're pretty again, now everything is wonderful!"
The 40-50 years since his healing doesn't really add up to much compared to all the millenia he spent as the Broken One.

Back to top Go down
Startear

Startear

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm

I didn't do more than a quick skim when I was at Outland, but I will say that liked seeing Trinket again. And with her curly hair to boot!

Thanks to Embala for the lovely banner! The quote belongs to Scooter.
Back to top Go down
Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 7:14 am

Me too! I wouldn't mind seeing more of her, doing something other than drooling over Mender (although I 'm enjoying that too) Trinket
Back to top Go down
Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 10:46 am

^I'm pretty sure we'll see her throw a tantrum or two. Trinket

Back to top Go down
Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 3:21 pm

I was looking at this page... Cutter's musings and thinking... yes, Sunstream really has discovered the internet! Cutter is used to having to go to the library and look things up, use an encyclopedia, call people and leave a message, memorize phone numbers and just generally know stuff by learning it. Sunstream can google, check his iphone and have instant information about anything-- anytime-- at his fingertips.

Shen Shen... is not answering her cell phone unless she wants to, damnit. She's also just darn tootin cute. That's all I have to say about her.

The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 P_12_01

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 3:22 pm

I feel like Cutter.

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 3:57 pm

You know, Shenshen makes the most adorable human. I don't think any of the other elves can pull off that look the way she can.

The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
KR Wordgazer

KR Wordgazer

Scorpio Cat

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 3:23 am

Lunakat wrote:
I was looking at this page... Cutter's musings and thinking... yes, Sunstream really has discovered the internet! Cutter is used to having to go to the library and look things up, use an encyclopedia, call people and leave a message, memorize phone numbers and just generally know stuff by learning it. Sunstream can google, check his iphone and have instant information about anything-- anytime-- at his fingertips.

Insightful! I feel like Cutter a lot, too!

Lunakat

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 2:17 pm

It's the difference between millennials and previous generations

Zadzi

Zadzi

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 13, 2015 4:23 pm

Cutter's been looking all hot in some of issues. He was never my 'type' (I was more of a Strongbow fangirl looks-wise), but lately he's been catching my eye.

The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 Ba_zad10
Back to top Go down
TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 12:30 pm

Lunakat wrote:

Id say Sunstream is Google, the internet, and suchlike rolled into one. The Scroll of Colors would be Wikipedia (user generated information database), and Timmain would be Linus Torvalds.

Lunakat

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 1:39 pm

Orolin was old school dial up

TrollHammer

TrollHammer

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 1:01 am

I guess that makes Pool the antivirus and Finder a search function.

So, would this make Winnie a cracker (malicious hacker)?  The shapers would be programmers, I figure.

What if the Palace is really the Matrix? (Ok, Ill stop being OT)

What I like about FQ... is that its here, fresh new story to enjoy!

Embala

Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 3:31 pm

I'll pobably never stop to like the Final Quest ... part of it. Bits and pieces. Or ... hopefully MORE.

I cannot tell you WHY. Part of it is this "first love never dies" thing. Another shard is the simple fact that it gives me new stories about the Elves and Trolls and Humans - and ELVES! ^^ - I love. A conclusion. And what I don't like ... well, I was always good in "mind-retconing" those parts. And the art is still much more to my liking that I've found elsewhere - decades ago and now.

I'm not good with words ... ask me what especially I like and it will be so hard to find two or three bits. When I look for pictures to play with for my "art" ... then I find my love easily. In the interaction with others who share their discoveries and thoughts ... I find my love. I cannot let go. I don't want to let go.

*sends hugs and loving thoughts to those who hurt from disappointment*

Redhead Ember

Redhead Ember

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:23 am

One specific (and rather old by now) thing I really like is the whole foreshadowing thing involving Windkin.
First Dewshine talked about how Teir reminded her of Windkin.
Then Leetah started talking about how Sunstream and Brill would have to harnesh and thether Korafay like Dewshine once did with Windkin.
Those two moments happened way back when the first pages of the Special was being uploaded to BoingBoing weekly, and then that... stopped!
During the (way too long) wait for the Special to be published completely there was a lot of speculation that "Windkin is gonna turn up soon!" And, a couple of pages later, Hey presto! he did. Conclussion to that bit of foreshadowing, right? Nope!
Towards the end of issue 5, and some 40 years after Dewshine had mentioned that Teir reminded her of Windkin, it was then revealed that Teir is Windkin's son.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Love of Final Quest   The Love of Final Quest - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Love of Final Quest
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next